Author Topic: Joke ideas for skills and objects  (Read 19047 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Joke ideas for skills and objects
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2020, 02:35:13 AM »
The WillLem - Permanent skill. At random times, the WillLem will get an idea, stop what it's doing and wander off to post on an internet forum about joke ideas for skills, objects and levels. If two WillLems exist in a level, there is a small chance that one of them will read the other one's ideas and immediately implement them, changing the gameplay of the level you are currently playing.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2020, 03:10:48 AM »
The WillLem - Permanent skill. At random times, the WillLem will get an idea, stop what it's doing and wander off to post on an internet forum about joke ideas for skills, objects and levels. If two WillLems exist in a level, there is a small chance that one of them will read the other one's ideas and immediately implement them, changing the gameplay of the level you are currently playing.

Now this is an idea I like! :thumbsup: :crylaugh:

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2020, 07:43:40 PM »
The Harpooner. This is a 3/4 joke, 1/4 serious suggestion ;) : A combination of several of the skills currently in the running for the 20th skill:

The lemming throws a modern-day whaling harpoon with a detonating end piece. This is a long, thin projectile that causes an explosion when it hits and has a rope attached to it.
- The shape of the harpoon would be identical to the spear of the Spear Thrower and could therefore be used as such.
- The detonation on impact creates a Bomber crater. This and the arc of motion would be that of a Mortar.
- Attached to the harpoon is a rope. This could serve as a surrogate Roper, but with a fixed arc - and thus potentially serve as a downward Builder.
- If you exceed the maximum length of the rope, the rope will tear, leaving behind just the harpoon with the detonating end piece. Now you have a genuine Mortar and Spear Thrower at once! ;) This projectile without the rope is going to continue on its parabolic trajectory until it hits terrain.
- If you shoot up into the ceiling, with thin-enough terrain, you can find Laser-Blaster-like applications.
- The Harpooner can kill Zombies.

I don't know, maybe this would be a valid compromise for a lot of people who are currently espousing either the Spear Thrower, the Mortar, the Laser Blaster, or a downward Builder? ???

It won't be a stand-in for the Slider, but it could fullfil a lot of these other purposes... while still being logically consistent (after all, these modern whaling harpoons with detonating end pieces do exist, unfortunately). :8():
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2020, 02:22:48 AM »
The Harpooner. This is a 3/4 joke, 1/4 serious suggestion ;) : A combination of several of the skills currently in the running for the 20th skill:

This is actually a good idea!

Just whilst we're riffing, though:

The Puddler - a lemming that becomes a puddle, and is then able to flow wherever they like (kind of like T-1000).

The Temperamental Teleporter - a teleporter that sometimes doesn't work, and requires a Disarmer to come and fix it (thus creating another use for the Disarmer!)

The High Maintenance Teleporter - a teleporter that only works if the lemmings assure it of their continuing love and affection.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2020, 04:33:58 AM »
The Dairy Farmer - Interacts with new Cow objects to produce Milk, which can either be sold for tokens to buy more skills, or processed further at the Cheese Factory object for increased token yield.

Inspired by this video.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2020, 01:33:26 PM »
The Dairy Farmer - Interacts with new Cow objects to produce Milk, which can either be sold for tokens to buy more skills, or processed further at the Cheese Factory object for increased token yield.

Inspired by this video.

:crylaugh: :thumbsup:

The video is hilarious.

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2020, 06:23:23 AM »
the Policer to arrest naughty lemmings no discernible skill just for my own amusement to be used in combination with the cannoner

the cannoner operates a vehicle mounted water cannon to blast away zombies

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [DISC][PLAYER] The final new skill
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2020, 09:25:49 PM »
I'm going to leave this topic open for a little bit longer in case some amazing new idea we haven't thought of yet pops up

MEGALEMMING!!! - grows the lemming to 4x the size of a regular lemming!

Not sure how this would be useful to be honest, but it would be cool 8-)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [DISC][PLAYER] The final new skill
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2020, 02:40:43 AM »
I'm going to leave this topic open for a little bit longer in case some amazing new idea we haven't thought of yet pops up

MEGALEMMING!!! - grows the lemming to 4x the size of a regular lemming!

Not sure how this would be useful to be honest, but it would be cool 8-)
I believe that was shot down years ago because of the engine's limits

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: Re: [DISC][PLAYER] The final new skill
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2020, 11:01:30 PM »
I believe that was shot down years ago because of the engine's limits

Perhaps the engine's limits have changed in the meantime?

The best ideas always reappear! ;P

Whilst we're at it, what about minilemming! - shrinks the lemming to 0.25x the size of a regular lemming...

These might make good objects, actually...

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2020, 12:27:21 AM »
I moved some posts from the NL final skill suggestion topic, to this one. Please make sure all ideas better suited to this topic than that one, stay in this one, in the future.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2020, 12:34:23 AM »
It's been a while since we had one of these, SO...

HYPERLEM!!! - a Superlemming who's had one too many sugar lemon brandies!!!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 04:28:00 AM by WillLem »

Offline Dr. Boogang

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2020, 04:21:36 PM »
Very big brain ideas! I would like to see these in game. :thumbsup:

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2020, 05:57:27 PM »
The Inverter. A slight twist on the previously-mentioned Intruder. This lemming moves through terrain in all directions, rather than just walking through walls. Meaning: He falls through it, climbs through it, walks through it etc. and starts walking again as soon as his foot trigger hits the first piece of thin air. In short: Empty space becomes terrain, terrain becomes empty space for this lemming.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2020, 06:40:30 PM »
Just thought of one while looking up Beavers...

The Biter: It just bites a few pixels off the next wall it hits. It can be useful to stop climbers climbing up that wall.

It's much more flexible than that however. It can be used to bite the lemming in front (or behind) to stun him, long enough to open up a nice gap to make a builder bridge (You can also use it to free blockers this way). You can assign the biter while half-way into making a stair. He will eat the remaining steps from his bag. It can similarly be done with the miner pickaxe, the floater umbrella, etc. Biters can be assigned permanently on blockers so that it will bite anyone that touches him.

So yeah, give it a try! :8(): :8:()[:
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3