Author Topic: Joke ideas for skills and objects  (Read 18687 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Joke ideas for skills and objects
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2020, 03:23:17 AM »
The "Stoner (Other Type)". The lemming pulls out and smokes a huge joint, then does a shoddy job of all further skills for the rest of the level.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2020, 10:50:15 AM »
As a counterpart to a certain skill suggested as an April Fool's joke ages ago, may I propose:

The Pisser. Uses the parabolic arc of the Spearer/Grenader to create a water area for as long as the skill continues. Any lemming (regular/neutral/zombie) that passes through that arc or the Bomber-crater-shaped puddle at its end drowns unless he is a Swimmer. Can be used to kill Zombies or remove fire traps.

I'm pretty sure people would have lots of fun making the sprites for this skill... :D
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Online WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2022, 02:23:44 AM »
Not a joke idea as such, but I had a very vivid dream last night which involved a 3D lemmings level and I wanted to note the ideas here.

It was a fake disjoint union with 2 halves: both halves required the lems to find their way back up to the top of the level having walked down to the bottom. The half with the exit in it also had a swimming pool which needed to be crossed.

What made the level particularly unusual though was the fact that it had moving terrain, which activated when a certain number of lems had walked past it. So, the left side had a slope which rotated and became a series of 90 degree blocks after 10 lems had walked down it (thus preventing them getting back up easily) - such terrain could be used for easy transition back up to the top as long as no more than 10 lems walk down it.

Meanwhile, the right side featured a rope bridge which broke iff more than 10 lems were on it at once. Again - otherwise safe as long as only 10 lems are crossing it.

Finally, upon waking I thought of something which I'm sure has been discussed previously. Terrain which only Bombers can make it through, called Blasticine. Blasticine could also be terrain which only Bombers can't make it through. I imagine it would have an overlay which makes it look like melting wax; this could be simulated using downwards OWW, although this would obviously allow Miners and Diggers to also get through it, so those skills would have to be absent from the level.

If nothing else, "Blasticine" would make a cool level title anyway :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 10:26:49 PM by WillLem »

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2022, 12:05:07 PM »
Has anyone mentioned yet the Invincible Lemming? A Lemming who is not affected by fire, water, traps, falls from high height nor screen borders (and of course, to whom the bombing does not affect at all).

Offline Herby

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2024, 02:26:23 PM »
Time to back it!

Shrugger - Starts the ''Shrugger'' animation

New level!

Stop us! We don't know how make this! - Skills: 50 Shrugger and 1 Builder. Lemmings to save - All! Build over the gap and give Shrugger to delay the others!

Online WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2024, 10:24:41 PM »
Shrugger - Starts the ''Shrugger'' animation

New level!

I misread this at first, but the misreading has given me an idea - when someone "cheats" a level in NL/SLX, it should trigger all active lemmings to perform the Shrugger animation :crylaugh: