Poll

Which level did you find harder?

Lemmings Plus Omega II, Sharp 18 "Insanity Plea"
3 (50%)
Lemmings Plus Alpha, Obliteration 14 "Wasted Talent"
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Lemmings Plus Series  (Read 130825 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Lemmings Plus Series
« on: December 15, 2014, 11:57:16 AM »
Lemmings Plus is a series of custom level packs which run on the NeoLemmix engine.

There are a total of 12 completed games in this series, consisting of:

- 6 main series entries
   (Lemmings Plus I to Lemmings Plus VI)

- 2 "Omega" series entry
   (Lemmings Plus Omega, Lemmings Plus Omega II)

- 3 other side entries
   (Lemmings Plus Alpha, Holiday Lemmings Plus, Lemmings Plus 3D - the last one being on Lemmings 3D rather than NeoLemmix)

- 1 collection pack, featuring 95 of the best levels from the Lemmings Plus series
   (Lemmings Plus Compressed)

Lemmings Plus I, II, Omega and Alpha were created with the Sega Master System music pack for Orig, and the DOS music pack for OhNo, in mind.

Note that most of these packs are considered "finalized", and they will only be modified if needed to ensure compatibility with new NeoLemmix versions (not to fix backroutes / etc). Of course, this is completely at my discretion.

All NeoLemmix packs have been confirmed solvable in NeoLemmix V12.12.X.

Order to play - Chronological (click to show/hide)

Download All

Download entire Lemmings Plus series (all packs except Lemmings Plus Compressed and Lemmings Plus 3D)

Main Entries

Lemmings Plus I - 150 levels using NeoLemmix (formerly titled "Lemmings Plus DOS Project") - Difficulty: Low to Medium
(Download) | (Solution Replays)

Lemmings Plus II - 100 levels using NeoLemmix, with new graphic sets - Difficulty: Medium

Lemmings Plus III - 64 levels using NeoLemmix, with new graphic sets - Difficulty: Very Hard

Lemmings Plus IV - 80 levels using NeoLemmix, with new graphic sets - Difficulty: Hard

Lemmings Plus V - 75 levels using NeoLemmix, with new graphic sets - Difficulty: Very Hard

Lemmings Plus VI - 80 levels using NeoLemmix, with new graphic sets - Difficulty: Hard

Lemmings Plus II Graphic Sets (click to show/hide)
Lemmings Plus III Graphic Sets (click to show/hide)
Lemmings Plus IV Graphic Sets (click to show/hide)
Lemmings Plus V Graphic Sets (click to show/hide)
Lemmings Plus VI Graphic Sets (click to show/hide)

"Omega" Series Entries

Lemmings Plus Omega - 120 levels using NeoLemmix, uses the LPII and LPIII graphic sets - Difficulty: Medium

Lemmings Plus Omega II - 70 levels using NeoLemmix, uses the LPIV and LPV graphic sets - Difficulty: Extreme

Other Side Entries

Lemmings Plus Alpha - 45 levels on NeoLemmix - Difficulty: Extreme

Holiday Lemmings Plus - 12 holiday themed levels on NeoLemmix - Difficulty: Low to Medium

Lemmings Plus 3D - 80 Lemmings 3D levels, available for both Loap and DOS L3D - Difficulty: Covers the whole range
(Dedicated Topic)
Please view the dedicated topic for download link, replays and installation instructions.

Collection Packs
Lemmings Plus Compressed - A collection pack of 95 of the best levels from the Lemmings Plus packs (other than Lemmings Plus 3D)
(Download)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 01:31:52 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [Fangames] Lemmings Plus Series
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 04:22:22 AM »
Talisman Lists

You can also view these in-game by pressing F6 on the title screen. This will also show you which ones you have already obtained.

For those who aren't familiar, Talismans are kind of like achievements; you get them by completing certain challenges.

Lemmings Plus I
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lemmings Plus II

Lemmings Plus III

Lemmings Plus IV

Lemmings Plus V

Lemmings Plus VI

Holiday Lemmings Plus

Lemmings Plus Omega

Lemmings Plus Omega II

Lemmings Plus Flashbacks Series
The Lemmings Plus Flashbacks series does not have talismans.

Music Sources

This is an often-asked question, so I'll put the list here.

Lemmings Plus I (click to show/hide)

Lemmings Plus II (click to show/hide)

Lemmings Plus III (click to show/hide)

Lemmings Plus IV (click to show/hide)

Lemmings Plus V (click to show/hide)

Lemmings Plus VI (click to show/hide)

Lemmings Plus Omega (click to show/hide)

Lemmings Plus Omega II (click to show/hide)

Holiday Lemmings Plus (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 10:39:15 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 08:45:00 PM »
It seems that when I download Lemmings Plus II, I am still using the old version which does not have the configuration menu and the remastered graphics.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 09:39:27 PM »
It would seem I forgot to upload the new version to the NeoLemmix website, and only uploaded it to DropBox. Gimme a sec to fix that...

EDIT: It was actually that the archive itself was corrupted (stupid unreliable connection here >_>), so it possibly didn't overwrite your existing copy at all. Nevertheless, uploaded a fixed version now. On a side note, the bonus pack upload seems to be fine.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 09:46:38 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 12:56:45 PM »
Thanks! Loving the new version of Lemmings Plus II - the DOS sounds go very well with it. Though I still play the game in the 16-color graphic sets.

It seems that the exit on the left side of Nice 21 is not working. I haven't tested the right side yet, though.

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 01:09:54 PM »
Ah, one thing I overlooked doing the conversion - standard traditional Lemmix mechanics is any object at or above index #16 is treated as fake; LPII had a modification that change this to #24 or higher but I forgot to do that in this version. (In fact, IIRC LPII has no fake objects anyway.)

Uploaded a fixed version (of both) that has this adjustment; due to the need to reupload anyway I also changed the cheat code for the bonus pack back to what it should be. :)

This kind of stuff is why I put off the LPII update to new Lemmix versions for so long... xD (whereas LPDOS, the only special adjustment that was needed apart from the level ordering is the instant bombers)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 09:53:58 AM »
To save having to hunt down their respective topics, I've put the maximum saved records for all the Lemmings Plus games (except Omega, for now) on their pages on the NeoLemmix website. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 05:18:45 AM »
Uploaded a slightly changed version of LPDOS; the changes are so minor that it wasn't worth a new version number.

All that's different is:

1) The original V9 upload had the wrong icon (the Orig one instead of the LPDOS one); this is fixed.
2) I changed the cheat code back to what it was in the early versions.

My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 01:23:47 AM »
I'm updating all of these (well, the NeoLemmix ones anyway) to V1.28n, as mentioned in the NeoLemmix topic. The reason behind this is mainly for the extra features to make things simpler with the Replay Database; however it's also about time they were updated to take advantage of newer features (eg. the save system).

Note that packs that were made before the slight change in lemming spawn position have a minor "hack" in the code that causes them to continue using the old spawn position. The primary motivation for this was to avoid breaking old replays, without having to adjust the appearance of the level.

I'm not going to make a new reply here for each one that's done, I'll just edit this post, though I'll make a reply when all of them are done.

Lemmings Plus III
Changes (from unofficial V1.27n-B): Dodgy 2 needed changes; it had become impossible due to mechanics changes
Download: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/lpiii.zip

Lemmings Plus III Bonus
Changes (from unofficial V1.27n-B): Rehash 3 needed changes; this was to keep the layout identical to Dodgy 2 in LPIII
Download: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/lpiiibonus.zip

Holiday Lemmings Plus
Changes (from unofficial V1.27n-B): None
Download: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/hlp.zip

Lemmings Plus Flashbacks
Changes (from unofficial V1.27n-B): None
Download: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/lpf.zip

Lemmings Plus Omega
Changes (from last official release): None
Download: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/lpo.zip
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 02:27:57 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 02:29:04 AM »
All done. Unlike the usual case of the NeoLemmix website being slow, all of them have uploaded correctly there, but DropBox is being slow. So, if you're using the DropBox links, you might get an old version for the next few minutes or so (NeoLemmix Website links are all up to date).

Given that the main purpose of the update is adding extra info to the replay files (for Replay Database purposes), it goes without saying that similar updates are coming to traditional Lemmix, and when this happens, LPDOS / LPII / LPII Bonus will also get updates.

One other thing you may notice is that LPIII and LPIII Bonus now make use of the adjustable level sizes. Of course there's still no vertical scrolling levels, as none were made to have it (it didn't exist in NeoLemmix at the time these two packs were made), but the levels no longer have heaps of empty space on the sides. This has been the case in the unofficial updates for a long time now, but these updates bring that into the official versions.

While we're here, I'd like to mention that some levels in Lemmings Plus III Bonus Pack still remain unsolved - specifically, Moonwalk 5 to 7, Teamwork 5 to 7, and Party 6 & 7.

EDIT: The traditional Lemmix-based ones have now been updated too.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 03:16:58 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 09:00:12 PM »
Some glitches:

If I access Timid/Dodgy/Rough/Fierce 16 by cheat code, I am able to view the pre-text screen explaining the gimmick, but if I go there via the secret level trigger, no such screen is displayed.

When pressing '5' in Party 7 to end the level, there is no postview congratulations screen.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 03:08:40 AM »
1) I'll look into that.
2) Not a glitch. I got rid of the final level postview texts in the LPIII Bonus Pack (and the NeoLemmix version of the LPII Bonus pack). As long as it *does* display for LPIII, HLP and LP Omega, it's fine.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 09:16:15 PM »
I've realised something by watching a LP* of these recently; that the different versions (specifically the existance of NeoLemmix and standard Lemmix versions) of LPDOS / LPII / LPII Bonus could cause a lot of confusion. So, I'm going to do what I considered (but never did do) a while ago - and that is, make the NeoLemmix versions the official ones; thus mechanics etc will be consistent across the entire Lemmings Plus range. Of course I will leave the traditional Lemmix ones available too.

I don't think I'll need to make any major changes from the currently available unofficial NeoLemmix versions, but I'll need to do more in-depth testing of them before making an official release.

EDIT: LPDOS has been tested as far as the end of Danger PSYCHO 10.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:10:09 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 01:04:04 AM »
I have some mixed feelings about making NeoLemmix versions the official ones.

Pros:
-This would definitely make it consistent with Lemmings Plus Flashbacks, since Lemmings Plus Flashbacks uses the NeoLemmix versions of the levels.
-Medi 16 "The Oddstack" and PSYCHO 23 "Death Row" are improved in this manner.
-All the cool NeoLemmix features are there (save system, adjustable level sizes, configuration menu, etc.)

Concerns:
-In LPII, this would make Cheeky 8 "The Haunted House" indeed out-of-place due to the mechanics changes, but I remember you said you don't plan to move the level with some of the other gimmick levels.
-How will this affect the Level Review games? The current LPDOS one is based off the traditional version; should I continue the review game in the traditional version, or go off from the NeoLemmix version once you upload the NeoLemmix versions?
-If I ever start Level Review topics for LPII and its Bonus Pack, should I use the NeoLemmix version or the Traditional version?
-I honestly liked the traditional 16-color versions of the LPII Styles (but in the LPII/LPIIBonus games only, not Lemmings Plus Omega where I feel that's where the remastered versions of the styles work). Is it possible to make an option in the Neo versions of LPII and LPIIBonus to turn on and off the 16/32 graphic sets, much like in the Traditional version? (As well as Lemmings Plus Flashbacks if you do indeed do the graphic set switch)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:18:40 AM by DynaLem »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 01:16:01 AM »
I'll probably make some adjustments to the skillset in Cheeky 8's case, and perhaps reduce the required percentage. I won't move the level, though.

For the level review games, so far you haven't gotten up to any levels that would be affected majorly by the change. The first level where it really has any noticable impact is Mild 22 (due to the lack of blockers in the NeoLemmix version). And there's nothing that might actually have an impact on some solutions until Medi 16. However, I would say switch to the NeoLemmix version (as a note; I'll update the level images on the website, so if you've been using the neolemmix.com level image links, they'll automatically change to the NeoLemmix ones).

I can probably do something for the graphic set switch. I'll get back to you on that one.

I also noticed when testing, the two early-Psycho fire levels with really fidgety execution (Psycho 2 and Psycho 5); the former is a lot easier under NeoLemmix, while the latter is virtually impossible - I say "virtually" because it can be done, but pretty much every skill needs to be frame-perfectly assigned. The former I might leave as is, but the latter I might reduce the difficulty a bit, most likely by making it save 72 of 80 (instead of save 63 of 70), allowing one extra lemming lost, which is similar in difficulty to the traditional Lemmix verison of this level.
My Lemmings projects