Author Topic: Everything By WillLem  (Read 943 times)

Offline WillLem

• Just keep swimming
    • View Profile
Everything By WillLem
« on: February 03, 2021, 10:39:31 PM »
I've decided to index all of my content in a single topic for convenient access, and because there is now quite a lot of it! :lemcat:

NeoLemmix

:lemming: WillLem's NeoLemmix Level Packs - All packs now updated to V1.04 as of Feb 2021; please perform this update if you have any of my packs. Thank you!
:lemming: WillLem's NeoLemmix Styles
:lemming: WillLem's NeoLemmix Custom Graphics
:lemming: WillLem's NeoLemmix Wish List

SuperLemmini

:lemming: WillLem's SuperLemmini Level Packs
:lemming: WillLem's SuperLemmini Mods
:lemming: WillLem's SuperLemmini Styles
:lemming: WillLem's SuperLemmini Wish List

YouTube

:lemming: WillLem's YouTube Channel - Feel free to subscribe :lemcat:

Featured Playlists:

:lemming: (Amiga) Any% RTA Speedrun (Current World Record)
:lemming: (Amiga) Pause-free Playthroughs
:lemming: (NeoLemmix) WillLem Plays Through Just The First Rank of A Bunch Of Custom Packs in NeoLemmix
:lemming: (SuperLemmini) Lemmings, But With Lemminas!

Music

:lemming: Music by WillLem

Work In Progress

:lemming: WillLem's To-Do List

See also

:lemming: WillLem's Blog
:lemming: Level Packs I Have Completed/Am Currently Playing
:lemming: [SHARING TOPIC] Custom Graphics
:lemming: [NeoLemmix][TUTORIAL] Creating Custom Low & High Resolution Graphics
:lemming: [TUTORIAL] How To Create And Format A Forum Post

Lemillionism - 1,000,000 Lemmings saved!

The Recurring Lemming
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 03:04:16 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• Just keep swimming
    • View Profile
WillLem's NeoLemmix Level Packs
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 10:42:33 PM »
All packs now updated to V1.04 as of Feb 2021; please perform this update if you have any of my packs. Thank you!

Main level packs:

:lemming: Lemminas (64 levels | Medium)
Meet the Lemminas :lemcat: these are female lemmings with swish blue ponytails! A pack of 64 levels featuring brand new music and modified versions of the familiar styles from the original game (check out this review of the pack by Proxima)

Remix packs:

:lemming: Inverse Lemmings (40 Levels | Medium-Hard) - Lemmings flipped upside down!

:lemming: Lemmings, But With Lemminas! (64 Levels | Medium)
Meet the Lemminas :lemcat: these are female lemmings with swish blue ponytails! A pack of 64 remixed levels from Lemmings featuring brand new music, customised panel graphics, and of course the Lemminas themselves!

:lemming: Lemmings DD (32 levels | Medium) - Featuring custom exits which make use of the updraft object to simulate Direct Drop; I'm sure you'll fall for this pack, so drop in and give it a try ;)

:lemming: MiniLems (64 levels | Easy) - Lemmings in miniature :cute:

:lemming: Lemmings Recurring (36 levels | Hard) - An exercise in chaos management; all levels have 99 lemmings with 99 to be saved, an RR of 99, and only 9 of each available skill :lem-mindblown:

:lemming: Tame Gone Wild! (20 levels | Medium) - The Tame levels, but with additional traps and obstacles in an attempt to make them a bit more interesting to play!

:lemming: The Complete Reverse Lemmings - The original Lemmings and Oh No! levels, but with the entrances and exits swapped!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 04:36:31 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• Just keep swimming
    • View Profile
WillLem's NeoLemmix Styles
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 10:44:55 PM »
These styles are always available from the NeoLemmix style manager (enable online features to stay up-to-date). But, here they are as well, just in case :lemcat:

:lemming: willlem_lemminas
:lemming: willlem_special
:lemming: willlem_xmas
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 03:58:56 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• Just keep swimming
    • View Profile
WillLem's NeoLemmix Custom Graphics
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 10:45:37 PM »
Here are some custom graphics which you are free to use in your own copy of NeoLemmix, if you wish.

:lemming: Traps for orig and ohno styles with improved/removed secondary animations
Here's what's changed (click to show/hide)
Add these to orig_(style)/objects and ohno_(style)/objects to replace the existing graphics.

:lemming: Floater with red & white umbrella (high-res only)
Add this sprite to styles/default/lemmings-hr to give your Floaters a cute red & white striped umbrella!

:lemming: Shimmier sketch
This is a handy sketch graphic for the Shimmier which shows the height of the "Reacher" state, so you can see whether or not a lem will be able to grab the terrain above them. Add this to NeoLemmix/sketches to install.

:lemming: Legacy menu card graphics
Add these to gfx/menu to restore the "classic menu" look in your copy of NeoLemmix. There are 2 versions, with and without shading. The "with shading" version makes a nice alternative to the "new look" NeoLemmix menu.

:lemming: Custom panel graphics (various choices)
To give your panel a new look, add these to gfx/panel (gfx/panel-hr for high res). As of the 12.11 update, these graphics now include a semitransparent overlay for "selected", to simulate a button press.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 05:16:20 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• Just keep swimming
    • View Profile
WillLem's SuperLemmini Level Packs
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 10:48:39 PM »
Main level packs:

:lemming: WillLem's SUPERLEMMINGS (10 Levels | Hard)
Featuring the SUPERLEMMING gimmick from Oh No! More Lemmings, these lemmings move super fast - play it without pressing pause for added challenge! 8-)

:lemming: WillLem's XMAS SUPERLEMMINGS (10 Levels | Hard)
As above, but with the Xmas mod enabled and featuring 8 brand new Christmas-themed Lemmings tunes :lemcat:

Remix packs:

:lemming: Lemmings, But With Lemminas! (64 Levels | Medium)
Meet the Lemminas :lemcat: these are female lemmings with swish blue ponytails! A pack of 64 remixed levels from Lemmings featuring brand new music, customised cursor and panel graphics, and of course the Lemminas themselves!

:lemming: The Complete Reverse Lemmings (220 Levels | Medium)
The original Lemmings and Oh No! More Lemmings, but with the entrances and exits swapped! ;P

DMA Remasters:

A full remaster of DMA Lemmings and Oh No! More Lemmings, enhanced and optimised for SuperLemmini
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 11:53:32 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• Just keep swimming
    • View Profile
WillLem's SuperLemmini Mods
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 10:50:38 PM »
The Lemminas mod for SuperLemmini, featuring:

:lemming: Lemminas sprites - recoloured lemmings with pink instead of blue tunics, and their hair in a swish blue ponytail
:lemming: Customised panel, cursor, menu and UI graphics
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 11:53:41 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• Just keep swimming
    • View Profile
WillLem's SuperLemmini Styles
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 10:51:48 PM »
DMA style (featuring custom entrances & exits for the special graphics levels from Lemmings)

To install, unzip the attached folder to styles in your SuperLemmini resources directory.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 03:57:23 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• Just keep swimming
    • View Profile
Music By WillLem
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 11:52:07 PM »
Some brand new tunes, arranged and produced by me, custom-made for Lemmings levels! Feel free to use these in your packs, but please credit me if you do so.

Thank you :lemcat:

:lemming: Lemminas music
:lemming: Xmas music
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 01:56:16 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• Just keep swimming
    • View Profile
WillLem's Work In Progress
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2021, 04:22:30 PM »
I'm making the best of the recent sudden increase in time at home by focusing completely on creative projects. Amongst these is, of course, some super-cool lemmings stuff!

1. SUPERLEMMINAS for SuperLemmini (10 levels - possibly more depending on quality). Lemminas, but at SUPERLEMMING SPEED! This one will be another mini-pack following the recent SUPERLEMMINGS, but featuring the Lemminas sprites, style set and music. Currently in progress [ETA = 2 weeks]

2. Lemminas II for NeoLemmix (50 levels). I'm waiting until the rest of the items on this list are done and dusted before diving into this one. I already have a few levels and style pieces made, and the idea is to make it 5 ranks of 10 levels. It will feature 5 new music tracks, a much more diverse style set, (possibly) new colourings for the sprites, and it will certainly feature whichever of the new skills make it into NeoLemmix 12.12. There's no rush with this pack (it may even be closer to the end of this year that it gets completed), but the ideas are building, I've been listening to a lot of electro music recently and my keyboards are beckoning... :lemcat: [ETA = 6-12 months]

3. Compose and produce a set of music tracks for others to use in their packs. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time, and I'm just beginning to take steps towards making it a reality. The aim will be to create about 10 or 15 lemmings-style music tracks that draw inspiration from the orig and ohno tunes, in order to provide the community with completely original music for creators to use in their levels. This one will likely take the longest to complete but it is definitely going to happen. Watch this space! [ETA = 6-12 months]

I also have the following LPs planned:

1. The remaining few episodes of Just The First Rank for NeoLemmix; there are still a few packs I've yet to do for this series, and I'm looking forward to getting them played.

2. SUPERLEMMINAS for SuperLemmini; in keeping with the trend so far, I'll LP this one Pause-free once it's finished.

3. Lemmings Reunion for NeoLemmix/SuperLemmini; for this, I'll LP one level per rank on both the NeoLemmix and SuperLemmini platforms, to see what the differences are in gameplay, etc.

4. Lemminas for NeoLemmix. This is perhaps long overdue, but I do want to LP this and talk a bit about what inspired each level's solution, and the making of the pack itself. Very self-indulgent, I know, but I just feel it's worth doing and if I have some time after doing everything else on this and various other to-do lists, it will most likely happen at some point.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 03:51:45 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• Just keep swimming
    • View Profile
WillLem's NeoLemmix Wish List
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2021, 08:34:52 PM »
Just thought I'd compile here some of the ideas I've suggested which I'd like to remain in the cycle of consideration, since namida has made it clear that no further physics suggestions are welcome.

It's likely I won't suggest any further features than the ones in this list. This is purely so I can keep track of what I've suggested so far, what has been accepted/rejected, and as an index for the suggestion topics themselves.

Would Definitely Like To See:

[PLAYER] Allow theme.nxmi to specify custom sounds
[PLAYER] Assign hotkeys to panel buttons (in addition to skills)
[PLAYER] Toggle panel view to show how many skills you've used so far
[PLAYER] An extra rosette for "General Records" as well as "My Records"
[PLAYER] Allow file association between .nxrp and NeoLemmix Player
[PLAYER] Sound for Release Rate increase/decrease
[PLAYER] Indicate pre-assigned skills in F2 menu and preview screen

[EDITOR] Customisable Hotkeys
[EDITOR] Allow scrolling via touchpad gestures and/or mouse wheel
[EDITOR] Wider dropdown/better UI for style selection (not actually my topic but I have given it a +1!)

These Could Also Be Good:

[PLAYER] Object Suggestion: Vortex
[PLAYER] Level Pack Downloader

Suggestions That Have Already Been Approved:

[PLAYER] Hi-res mode - Topic 1 - Topic 2
[PLAYER] New menu design
[PLAYER] Allow different background for menu/preview screens
[PLAYER] Swimmer exit transition from ceiling water
[PLAYER] Display XX/YY for Max Saved records
[PLAYER] Toggle skill shadows on/off
[PLAYER] Show player records in F2 menu

[EDITOR] "Open With"/File association between .nxlv and Editor