Poll

Which of these two levels should be in the pack?

Havoc 12 "It's all a matter of timing"
5 (41.7%)
Mayhem 2 "The Boiler Room"
7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: August 05, 2020, 01:56:08 pm

Author Topic: Lemmings Redux  (Read 5744 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Redux
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2020, 09:03:18 pm »
Sure, I can do that. I've attached the fixed version of "The Boiler Room" to this post.

Just played it now. Nice work! :thumbsup: However, the Author's name "Amiga Lemmings" wasn't filled in. That should be easy to fix. May I also suggest the direction of the entrance be changed to left instead of right. Otherwise good job.
Musical fact: All of Tim Wright's compositions for Original Lemmings are 125 BPM.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2020, 09:04:53 pm »
May I also suggest the direction of the entrance be changed to left instead of right. Otherwise good job.

That would make it harder to trap the lemmings with a builder wall, in case the player wants to do that.

Offline WillLem

• "I can't think of a billion billion things!" - BB
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2020, 03:01:49 pm »
Quote from: Proxima
In favour of including "It's all a matter of timing", it is substantially different from every other level in the pack, and it's interesting to have a builders-only puzzle
---
"It's all a matter of timing", if included, will... keep the four hatches, with the middle two stacked

I voted this way principally because I agree that it's good to have a builders-only level, and this is both an interesting puzzle and a great level to play pause-free. It does kind of stand out as a "naughty" level because of the stacked hatches thing, but as you've mentioned most of the community seem to be generally OK with stacked hatches, depending on how they're used.

The Boiler Room is a great level, though, and the Redux version of it is decent. So... either way is good, but I've voted Timing because I just have more solid reasons for thinking it should be included.

We will not add miners. I guess the suggestion was tongue-in-cheek, but to remind everyone: Redux is not a pack of derivative levels

Yeah, fair enough. Redux is not really a remix pack and I suppose what I'm suggesting constitutes a remix level. Redux is more like a remastered greatest hits :)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2020, 12:20:11 pm »
"The Boiler Room" wins 7-5 after a very exciting contest :P It was neck and neck for a long while, then TBR pulled ahead, then WillLem's vote closed the gap a little so I couldn't call it early, but still, a clear enough winner.

For fans of "It's all a matter of timing", I've made a decision. Not only will the level still appear in the NeoLemmix conversions of the full levelpacks, but since the ABC and ABCB versions are substantially different and both did appear in official versions of ONML, I will keep both as separate levels. (Right now currently leaning towards ABCB for Havoc 12 and the ABC version in Extra Levels, but that's a decision for later.)

So, to recap, the level selection and ordering are absolutely final now. We will keep to 160 levels, with "It's all a matter of timing" replaced with "The Boiler Room" and no other selection changes. Manic 11 "Where Lemmings Dare" and Manic 31 "With a twist of lemming, please" will switch places, with no other ordering changes.

All that's left is to make a final decision regarding talismans. I'll make another post going over the options and put up a poll later today.