Author Topic: Doomsday Lemmings  (Read 54021 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Doomsday Lemmings
« on: January 05, 2015, 02:39:41 PM »
This is a relatively small pack, at only 21 levels, divided equally across three ranks. Note that it already starts to get fairly hard by the end of the first rank, so this pack is not recommended for beginners.

This pack is focused solely on zombie levels. Every level has zombies. So... lemmings, check. Zombie apocalypse, check. Insanity, check. What more could you ask for? :P

Doomsday Lemmings is confirmed solvable in NeoLemmix V12.12.X.

You can download the pack here: http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=30
Solution replays can be downloaded here: http://www.neolemmix.com/replay/DoomsdayLemmings_Replays_V12.10-A.zip

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 07:12:09 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: "Zombie Project"
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 05:59:44 PM »
(There were maximum saved records here, but I'm not sure if they still hold true. There was also a talisman list here, but I decided to remove talismans from this game as they felt kind of forced rather than having the more-natural feel they do in the Lemmings Plus packs.)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 11:25:08 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 10:54:37 PM »
I like the look of the landscape. It might appear to be basic but adding the red hairs (or maybe it's blood IDK) under the landscape (as well as the usual black background) complements this theme well. I also like the fact that your avatar is part of what you're working on. I'm looking forward to this...
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 12:27:17 AM »
I also can't wait for this one! Especially since this is indeed a gimmick with lots of potential. The new graphic set looks nice and gives that horror feeling.

I have a name idea for the pack: Thriller. Much like how you named the Backwards Lemmings rank Moonwalk.

YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 02:16:26 AM »
I kind of feel "Thriller" isn't connected enough to the Zombie theme specifically.

One consideration I had was "Lemmings: Outbreak", but it feels awkward because of "Outbreak" also being a rank name. I had another good idea earlier today while I was out, but I can't remember it now...

Another idea I just had was "Undead Lemmings"; it sort of fits in with how "Xmas Lemmings", "Holiday Lemmings" and "3D Lemmings" are one word plus "Lemmings". I might use this if I don't think of a better one.

So, as a point of interest, I've made two levels so far. And literally the only pieces (object OR terrain) they have in common are the steel block, the window, and pre-placed lemmings. So, even though this pack only has one graphic set, it has the feel of having more than one. :D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 03:52:54 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 06:31:45 AM »
I thought of a name for the project: Lemmings Revived? I'm sure that might work well...

I like your ratings of Plague and Apocalypse, they both have certain meanings that connect to the Zombie theme. I thought of another rating: Spirit? (It's related to ghosts, which is kinda similar to the haunted project)
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 08:05:33 AM »
And, I don't have an official name for the pack yet. I would've probably gone with "Night Of The Lemming Dead" had that not been the name of an LPO level, though. :P

If it were me, I'd call it that anyway, and rename that level if need be. It's brilliant :thumbsup:. You could even use "Return of the Lemming Dead" for a sequel. But if you don't want to do that, you could parody another game/movie...

LemmingZ (or LemZ)
Lemmings vs Zombies
Lem 4 Dead
Rodent Evil

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 10:32:24 AM »
That was the name of one of my Cheapo levels, but yeah, those aren't coming back from the dead any time soon......

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 07:28:23 PM »
I like your ratings of Plague and Apocalypse, they both have certain meanings that connect to the Zombie theme. I thought of another rating: Spirit? (It's related to ghosts, which is kinda similar to the haunted project)
You guys will have to pardon my awful sense of humour here, but might I suggest "Rotten"? ;)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 08:04:11 AM »
Here's another level; the first level I've made for Apocalypse. Notice the completely different style of most of the terrain, as well as a completely different type of exit (that's actually the locked exit, but there's no buttons in this level so it's unlocked right from the start).

And yes, those strange looking things by the "entrances" to each side of the level are indeed traps. Traps that took me AGES to make, and boosted the size of the VGAGR file by about 30KB. >_>
(They're also fairly slow traps compared to my LPII / LPIII ones; at RR99, about 7 lemmings can pass when it kills one. RR45 is the highest RR where it will kill every lemming that gets to it; from RR46 there'll start to be lemmings that slip past.)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 08:18:06 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 06:47:52 AM »
I think I've done enough on the graphic set at this point; from now on the focus is on the levels. :) Knowing me, I probably won't use all the stuff I've already put in the set, let alone more. Though I might add more terrain pieces if I see a good use for them.

(It has almost every object type NeoLemmix offers so far; the only ones it doesn't are Radiation, Slowfreeze, Teleporters/Receivers and Updraft. I may consider adding teleporters. None of the levels so far use either of the Fire objects, the one-way down arrows, or the unlock buttons; and plenty more objects are only used in one level.)

Level-wise, I've done two levels each for Outbreak and Apocalypse, and three for Plague (the middle rank).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:54:38 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 09:08:24 AM »
Alright, so every rank has a final level now (assuming none of them get moved - I'd say Plague's and Apocalypse's are pretty safe, but I'm a bit unsure if Outbreak's final level might be too hard for its position...). The second rank still doesn't have a first level though...

Also, a level I just made uses all the objects listed in the previous post, apart from the one-way down arrows. :D
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 01:46:28 PM »
So, I just did a quick run through of the levels so far to establish some "baseline" saved records.

I won't give the full results here, but here's some interesting tidbits. These are only based on the levels I've made so far of course (which is 3 each in Outbreak and Apocalypse, and 4 in Plague).

* There are four levels where it's impossible to exceed the requirement as far as I can tell.
* Of those four, three of them require saving every lemming that isn't already a zombie when it spawns, so they're basically the Zombie gimmick's equivalent of 100%-required levels.
* Aside from those three levels, there's two more levels where it's possible to save every lemming that isn't initially a zombie. Both of these are the first level of their respective rank; Outbreak 1 is trivial to do this on, while for Plague 1 it's actually quite a challenge.
* There are at least four levels (just going by memory here, I didn't record this specifically) where lost lemmings are lost in traditional ways rather than as a result of becoming a zombie (or where losses occur due to both traditional ways *and* zombification within the same level but on different lemmings).

By the way, if anyone was wondering: This pack doesn't have repeats. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Doomsday Lemmings (formerly known as "Zombie Project")
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 03:52:23 AM »
Alright, we now finally have one finished rank - specifically, Apocalypse. :D

Still need to make Outbreak 2, Outbreak 3 and Plague 2. This'll be the easier part, of course. Aside from that, just a few small touches left - a title screen (which by the way, I still haven't decided on a final name xD), and maybe a bit more decoration in some of the more bare-looking levels. I'm not going to do a proper testing period with this one, but I will of course do an update or two if need be to fix backroutes.

(Some of you might've noticed Plague 2 was struck out at one point - this isn't that a level's been moved, but rather an absent-minded mistake; I meant to strike out Apocalypse 3.)

Both of the new Apocalypse levels since I made the last post allow you to lose one lemming not including those that start as zombies; and so far, I haven't found a way to save that one lemming on either of them. A major difference is that one of them has only a single zombie, while the other almost half the lemmings in the level are zombies. However, that's far from the highest ratio - the highest actually belongs to one of the Outbreak levels, with a ratio of 29 zombies to every normal lemming. :P

EDIT: Okay, I chose a name now, and everything other than the last few levels is now complete. :)

Another detail I'll release... this pack is not going to use time limits at all. That's not to say that there won't be levels where you have to act quickly due to incoming zombies or anything like that, but the levels themself all have infinite time limits. This is also a first for me - Lemmings Plus Omega didn't have time limits on most levels, and Holiday Lemmings Plus only had one level with a time limit; but this is the first pack that doesn't use them at all.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 04:39:31 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 06:57:56 AM »
ALRIGHT, it's here! Download link in first post. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 11:27:54 AM »
This is a pretty cool and original pack that I feel adds something fresh and new to the Lemmings game. It's a great idea that you've expanded upon the Zombie gimmick, and this pack shows how versatile the gimmick is. Interesting choice for the music, too.

Here are my replays so far; the last level I've completed so far is Apocalypse 1.

I'm not sure if Outbreak 5, Plague 1 and Apocalypse 1 are backroutes. Also, I thought the brown terrain in Outbreak 5 was steel because of the "dots" on them.

Also, I found Plague 5 to be easy for a last-level rank. I think it should maybe be switched Plague 2, since Plague 5 doesn't require as much precision as Plague 2.

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 11:32:12 AM »
Awesome, I'll check those out now :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 11:46:03 AM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 02:30:59 AM »
I've uploaded an update; this updates the engine to V1.28n, and also fixes DynaLem's backroute to Apocalypse 1 (no other levels have been changed).
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 09:02:18 PM »
Forgot to upload my replay for Apocalypse 2 which came out before the new version was released. It should still work though.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 03:09:11 AM »
It will; only Apocalypse 1 has been changed.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 05:52:06 AM »
Alright, this has been out long enough to reveal the cheat code.

The code is NIGHTMARES.
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2015, 03:47:03 PM »
So I've played and recorded Doomsday Lemmings in the last couple of days!

Enjoy and hopefully I didn't break too many level  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B14NxXPp_4k     (first vid)

At the end of the recording I forgot that I turned down my headset volume a bit for NeoLemmix, so the videos are a bit louder than my Lemmini ones  :-[
I must still get used to record NeoLemmix stuff. It took a while to get everything working and for the next NeoLemmix series I will probably turn down the volume a bit again, but for this reason I choosed a little pack for the beginning and not the big ones.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2015, 05:55:03 PM »
Awesome! :D I look forward to seeing the rest of your solutions!
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2015, 07:10:31 PM »
By the way, I put the level images up on the NeoLemmix website now.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
Re: Doomsday Lemmings
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 12:15:54 AM »
I finally downloaded this game today, my solutions are attached! :)

I noticed in Outbreak 5: "Cursed Affliction" that zombies are contagious even through 3 pixel wide walls when I dug two holes next to each other at first. :P But it's maybe understandable.
Outbreak 2: "Haunted Pier", Plague 3: "Take One For The Team" and Plague 5: "Terror Cove" were pretty nice levels! Apocalypse 2: "Infection Bypass" was my least favourite one, the execution was somewhat frustrating there. :P
I don't know why the exit didn't open in Apocalypse 5: "One Last Lemming" (maybe you're supposed to be doomed at the end of the game :P) and other Apocalypse levels I suspect backrouting and neglecting to use the gimmick.
What does the text say in Plague 1: "Cycle Of Undeath", by the way?

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 12:48:35 AM »
I finally downloaded this game today, my solutions are attached! :)

I noticed in Outbreak 5: "Cursed Affliction" that zombies are contagious even through 3 pixel wide walls when I dug two holes next to each other at first. :P But it's maybe understandable.
Outbreak 2: "Haunted Pier", Plague 3: "Take One For The Team" and Plague 5: "Terror Cove" were pretty nice levels! Apocalypse 2: "Infection Bypass" was my least favourite one, the execution was somewhat frustrating there. :P
I don't know why the exit didn't open in Apocalypse 5: "One Last Lemming" (maybe you're supposed to be doomed at the end of the game :P) and other Apocalypse levels I suspect backrouting and neglecting to use the gimmick.
What does the text say in Plague 1: "Cycle Of Undeath", by the way?

Apocalypse 5 can be beaten. Hint:
I've got a nice minimal frustrating solution with a spare blocker and more lemmings saved as you needed for Apocalypse 2 just check my channel if my uploads reach that level.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2015, 12:56:15 AM »
As you suspected, the solutions for Apocalypse (except Apocalypse 2) are backroutes; quite major ones too, so I guess I'm going to have to do another update at some point soon. :P

Your solution to Plague 5 is also a very minor backroute, but IMO it's small enough (and similar enough to the intended solution) that it can be left there; the only real difference is that your solution avoids needing the Swimmer.

And as IchoTolot mentions, Apocalypse 5 is definitely beatable.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2015, 08:52:17 AM »
The final level got me too... I put down the game for a couple of days and then it hit me when I tried the level again :D

I've solved all the levels but didn't take replays... will rectify that if I get a moment.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2015, 09:09:03 AM »
Rectified :) (see attached)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2015, 11:30:54 AM »
Okay, watched your solutions. Some comments:

Outbreak 3: That has to be the tidiest "100%" solution I've seen yet. :)
Outbreak 4: That's also a new way of solving it, and the first right-side solution I've seen (though of course I knew it was possible :P).

Plauge 1: That's the first time I've seen anyone else pull off "100%" on this level, and like with Outbreak 3, your approach is far tidier than mine. :D
Plague 5: This is a third way of executing the solution to this level. Nice! It's still very close to the intended solution so I wouldn't call it a backroute; just an alternative.

Apocalypse 1: Your replay doesn't seem to work. It just assigns one lemming a climber who walks into the trap, then nothing else happens. (Maybe it's from the pre-update version? The new version has one less zombie, which somewhat messes up existing replays.)
Apocalypse 2: Congrats on a new saved lemmings record! :)
Apocalypse 3: Not the intended solution, but I like that one so if I can fix Akseli's backroute without breaking yours (which should be doable), I'm leaving it in.
Apocalypse 4: Backroute; it's similar to Akseli's one. It's gonna get patched. :P
Apocalypse 5: Backroute; undecided as to whether I'll fix this one.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2015, 06:33:21 AM »
Apocalypse 1: Your replay doesn't seem to work. It just assigns one lemming a climber who walks into the trap, then nothing else happens. (Maybe it's from the pre-update version? The new version has one less zombie, which somewhat messes up existing replays.)

Yeah, I had the first version still. :D Have another replay.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2015, 07:43:19 AM »
Nicely done! I'd definitely consider that an okay solution (even though it's not my intended one), and grats on the new saved record for there too. :D
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2015, 11:37:38 AM »
Apocalypse 2: Congrats on a new saved lemmings record! :)

AAAAND it's gone!
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2015, 03:24:25 AM »
Regarding an update on this to remove the Apocalypse 1 / 3 / 4 backroutes; I've fixed 1 and 3, but I'm still thinking of how to go about patching up the Apocalypse 4 backroutes. I don't intend to patch Apocalypse 5.

EDIT: Done. Just need to wait until V1.29n-B player is ready now, so that I'm not releasing it on another "mid-version" player.

Just for the record, Clam's backroute on Apocalypse 1 is intentionally not fixed.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 03:51:17 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2015, 05:30:17 AM »
Alright, Doomsday Lemmings has been updated to Levels V3 / Player V1.29n-B as an official update.

You can get it here:
http://www.neolemmix.com/old/doomsday.zip

Apart from the fixes/etc in NeoLemmix updates since the last official release, this also fixes up backroutes on Apocalypse 1, Apocalypse 3 and Apocalypse 4. There were also a few unintended solutions found for Plague 5 and Apocalypse 5, but I have decided against patching these. Finally, there's also a few graphical tweaks to the main menu screen.

The level images on the NeoLemmix Website have been updated to reflect these changes.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2015, 07:57:27 PM »
Doomsday Lemmings has been updated to the NeoLemmix V1.30n-B engine. No changes to the levels. It's not overly important to update, but if you want to be sure you're on the latest engine, it's there. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2015, 08:36:20 PM »
Consider this as an announcement for when October rolls around
 :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2015, 09:00:12 PM »
The picture isn't very clear, but looks interesting nonetheless!
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2015, 09:01:45 PM »
If anyone is wondering
Its called
Resident GigaLems
100 apocalyptic levels
in 5 Ratings

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2015, 09:15:51 PM »
Oooh, exciting! I'm very interested to see what other designers can do with the zombies... :D
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2015, 09:24:55 PM »
When i start the project i need to know how to get the zombie gimmick working
but other then that it'll be a Fun Halloween, or should i say Taxing

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2015, 10:00:06 AM »
On objects there's an input box called "L value". Setting this on preplaced lemmings (or windows) affects the lemming's initial state. The values are:

1 - Climber
2 - Swimmer
4 - Floater
8 - Glider
16 - Mechanic
32 - Blocker (preplaced lemming only, doesn't work on window)
64 - Zombie (only works if the zombie gimmick is enabled)

To combine these, just add the values together. Eg, for a climber + swimmer + zombie, use 1 + 2 + 64 = 67.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2015, 03:14:04 AM »
Doomsday Lemmings has been updated to use NeoLemmix V1.31n-B.

Existing replays might not work exactly (particularly when blockers or bombers are involved), but the solutions themself still should - there's no change to the levels.
Also, the graphics (in-game; not the menus (yet)) have an extra 6 bits of color depth now. :P
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2015, 11:30:47 AM »
Updated to V1.32n-B. This should not create any issues with replays from V1.31n-B. It's the same deal as with the Lemmings Plus games - it's as an extra precaution against the "phantom trigger areas" bug, even though I'm not aware of it actually affecting anything in Doomsday Lemmings.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2015, 11:36:53 AM »
Uploaded an official NeoLemmix V1.34n update of Doomsday Lemmings. As you may have guessed, this also adds talismans. :) Only 5 of them; Doomsday Lemmings isn't as suited to them as Lemmings Plus is, but I was still able to come up with a few mostly on the easier levels.
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2015, 05:02:47 PM »
what number do you put for a pre placed blocker?
Edit: never mind its 32

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2015, 05:36:44 AM »
Doomsday Lemmings has been updated to player V1.35n-C.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2015, 10:02:39 AM »
So, now that the NeoLemmix Introduction Pack is out of the way, I think it's time to say a bit more about ZZ Project. And the reason I'm posting that here is that, it's going to be a sequel to Doomsday Lemmings; but I feel it's too early to give it its own topic at this stage. I haven't decided yet if I'll simply call it "Doomsday Lemmings II" or give it a new name; so for the meantime I'll continue to refer to it as ZZ Project. (The "ZZ" is essentially a cryptic way of saying "Zombies 2", a reference to Doomsday Lemmings's codename of "Zombie Project")

So, what exactly is planned for this sequel? My current intention is to go for about 40 levels, probably over four ranks. Yes, that's quite a lot bigger - but there's a new feature to be used that make me feel that a pack similar in size to Doomsday Lemmings wouldn't be able to make enough use of them. You might've noticed I made reference in several places to a gimmick which exists in NeoLemmix V1.35n-C (actually, it existed for a couple of versions before that too) but hasn't been revealed yet. And yes, indeed, that gimmick is for use in this pack.

So, in addition to the Zombie lemmings you're familiar with from Doomsday Lemmings, there's another new type of lemming here - ghost lemmings! Ghost lemmings are quite different from zombies; the first and most obvious difference is that ghosts are not infectious. They also don't directly harm other lemmings - I say directly, because it isn't impossible for a scenario where they cause harm to exist; it's just not an inherent trait. Other lemmings will be scared of ghosts, and thus, if they get too close, they will turn to face away from the ghost. In this way, the ghost acts somewhat like a moving blocker, although with a slightly larger area of effect.

Ghost lemmings also can be assigned skills. These skills will have the full effect the skill normally would (with two exceptions due to a property of them I'm about to discuss); it should be noted that ghosts continue to deflect other lemmings while performing these skills, however. Another major difference from a regular lemming, however, is that ghosts do not interact with objects at all. They can walk straight past a trap; they cannot use an exit; they won't burn on contact with a fire object, and so on. This does mean that two skills have no use whatsoever when given to ghosts - Swimmer and Disarmer. This lack of interaction extends to the cases where interaction can exist with other lemmings - they will walk straight through blockers, and in the case of a level featuring both ghosts and zombies, they cannot be infected by zombies. Essentially, the only thing that they interact with is terrain; they remain unable to destroy steel, but they are not affected by one-way walls, and thus can destroy them while facing the wrong direction (or destroy one-way down arrows as bashers).

There are also two less significant gimmicks which I may end up using in this pack, one of which is already revealed (although not, as far as I know, been used yet). These are of a similar nature to each other, "Zombies on Death" and "Ghosts on Death". In these cases, a lemming that dies, instead of disappearing, becomes a zombie or a ghost respectively (this does not apply to lemmings that are already a zombie or a ghost when they die).

In terms of graphic sets, I don't plan to make any new ones - it'll just be using the Horror set (and I'm considering also using the Candy set as well, to give it a more halloween-y feel). I have added two extra terrain pieces to the Horror set, which will act as warning signs to let the player know when one of these "on death" effects is in play; the Zombie version can be seen in my current avatar (which also answers the question to anyone who was wondering what it might be). These extra pieces are already included in the Horror set in the latest NeoLemmix updates.

I haven't yet started on this pack beyond the planning stage, but the new gimmicks are fully implemented in NeoLemmix, as are the modifications to the Horror set. I don't plan to make corresponding additions to the Candy set, mostly because I'm not yet certain if I will use it or not. In the event that I do, the warning signs can always be implemented via VGASPECs.
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2015, 03:39:03 PM »
And namida not alone on making the levels
If im correct

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2015, 03:49:56 PM »
Haven't you decided to work on your own zombie-related project? :P
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2015, 04:02:01 PM »
I also agreed to help on this as well, remember when i said i'll donate a few levels (maybe more than a few)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2015, 04:53:43 PM »
I think that, given the number of projects you're working on at the moment, it's better that you focus on your own projects. Perhaps we can look at doing a collaborative project of some kind when you don't have such a large number of your own you're already working on. If you (or anyone, for that matter) are trying to handle a large number of projects at once, the general result is that the overall quality suffers; which is something I'd rather avoid in packs that are primarily mine.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2015, 11:36:35 AM »
So, I've picked some rank names. These aren't set in stone yet, but it's rare for me to change names once I've picked them. It's going to have five ranks of 8 levels each, instead of four ranks of 10. The rank names I'm going with (at least for now) are:

Treat
Trick
Spooky
Haunting
Demonic

I've also made the first level for this pack now! :D

EDIT: This new project has its own topic now: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2222.0
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 09:16:22 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline silikon

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2015, 11:24:43 PM »
Hi   :D

How can I view the replays in Doomsday Lemmings ? How do I open them ?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2015, 12:23:24 AM »
Press "L" while playing a level.

You can see the full list of NeoLemmix hotkeys here: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=1921.msg49056#msg49056
These are applicable not only to Doomsday Lemmings, but also other NeoLemmix-based games (eg. Lemmings Plus series, Revenge of the Lemmings, Lemmings Reunion, etc)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2015, 08:18:19 AM »
This has been updated to NeoLemmix V1.36n.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2016, 06:52:54 PM »
I've created an NXP for this (for NeoLemmix V1.37n) but don't have the time to update the site / links / etc until later today; in the meantime, you can get it from this Dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ksc202697azjo3i/AADDli21JMeybRzfMwIEaNwla?dl=0

EDIT: A NeoLemmix Website link has now been added, and put in the first post. The above Dropbox link still works, if you prefer that.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:31:12 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2016, 03:32:53 PM »
If all gimmicks are culled, does this mean that Doomsday Lemmings and its sequel will be ultimately removed?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2016, 03:42:59 PM »
If they're all culled, then yes, though they'll remain available for use with the older engine. If Zombies survives, Doomsday Lemmings I (at least) can remain. We'll see what happens.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2016, 12:42:04 PM »
It looks like Zombies will be the only gimmick that's staying. This means that Doomsday Lemmings II won't work anymore. Would you consider moving some of the Zombie levels in Doomsday Lemmings II to this one, very similar to how you replaced some of your LPI levels with levels from the cancelled LPDOS2 sequel?

There are a lot of very good Zombie levels in DDII, like A nasty taste and Undead Dipper. Release the Horde, I haven't beaten, but looks very challenging (and overall has that Apocalypse-feel) enough to be moved to the first Doomsday Lemmings.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:59:44 PM by DynaLem »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2016, 12:56:03 PM »
I hadn't decided yet what the plan was for those levels. I may indeed consider moving some of my better ones into Doomsday Lemmings. I haven't even gotten around to updating / testing Doomsday Lemmings for V1.43n yet; however, when I do, I'll likely future-proof it at the same time (like I did with Lemmings Plus), which will also mean that'll be the time for me to consider doing that.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2016, 03:51:36 PM »
Okay, I looked through and found 6 levels suitable for moving into Doomsday Lemmings. The rest of my ones will finally be able to rest in peace; it's up to GigaLem what he does with the levels he contributed.

0101 "Curse Reborn"
0301 "Undead Dipper"
0303 "Care Package"
0404 "Braaaaaains"
0502 "A Strange Facility"
0505 "Release The Horde!"

Basic rules were of course that they have to be compatible with the future plans for NeoLemmix (ie: no ghosts, no zombies-on-death), and also, they must use the Horror set.

Before I actually release this change, I need to go through and ensure they're all possible under V1.43n branch (and that I have replays to prove it). I'll probably get onto that later today.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2016, 05:27:13 PM »
The rest of my ones will finally be able to rest in peace; it's up to GigaLem what he does with the levels he contributed.

Would you put these levels in an "Other Levels Recycle Bin" NXP, very much like what you did with Lemmings Plus? (You can also put to-be-culled levels from your Introduction pack in there, along with the three removed levels from the NeoCustLemmix version (e.g. Stone Hot Sacrifice) of the New Skills Tutorial Pack).

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2016, 05:30:52 PM »
I might just combine them with the former Lemmings Plus levels into one giant recycle bin pack. But yes, they probably should be preserved somewhere, even if most of them won't be of any use on future versions of NeoLemmix.

We'll wait until I've actually finished doing the update, though.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2016, 11:29:32 AM »
Okay, the Doomsday Lemmings update is here, at last!

As mentioned above, six levels from Doomsday Lemmings II were integrated into this (with the rest of the ones created by me being dropped off into the recycle bin (eventually), while it's up to GigaLem what he wants to do with his contributed levels). This brings the pack up to 21 levels total; 7 per rank.

I also removed the talismans, as they didn't feel so right in this pack.

The newly-added levels are:

Outbreak 2 - "Curse Reborn"
Outbreak 7 - "Undead Dipper"
Plague 5 - "Care Package"
Plague 7 - "Braaaaains"
Apocalypse 4 - "A Strange Facility"
Apocalypse 7 - "Release The Horde!"

Since it's no longer the final level, "One Last Lemming" was also renamed to "One Lonely Lemming".

Finally, it also has a minor fix in the filename of the Beast I music. Doomsday Lemmings called this track "beast", while Orig and Extra call it "beasti"; Doomsday Lemmings has now been brought into line with the other two.

Intended solution replays have also been uploaded.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2016, 05:18:50 AM »
Doomsday Lemmings has been updated for NeoLemmix V1.47n. Only one level (Apocalypse 6) needed any changes.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [NeoLemmix] Doomsday Lemmings
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2016, 08:50:46 AM »
Doomsday Lemmings has been updated for NeoLemmix V1.48.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2017, 04:20:06 PM »
Updated for NeoLemmix V10.12.XX.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2017, 10:54:02 AM »
Updated for NeoLemmix V10.13.XX. Replays have also been double-checked to ensure they're up to date.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2018, 02:00:47 AM »
Official new-formats conversion of Doomsday Lemmings is now released!

All styles and music required by Doomsday Lemmings are included with NeoLemmix's default styles pack.

Download: http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=30
Replays: http://www.neolemmix.com/replay/DoomsdayLemmings_Replays_12_00.zip (Replays verified in NeoLemmix V12.0.1)
My Lemmings projects

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2018, 01:36:39 AM »
I finished this level pack.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2019, 07:03:18 AM »
Like Holiday LP, I played Doomsday Lemmings in the beginning of this year, solving 19/21 and not yet beating Apocalypse 5: Garden Of Trauma and 7: Release The Horde! I'll make sure that my solutions are safe here in the forums via attaching them to this post. :P

My initial run of Doomsday Lemmings is here. I think there were only 5 levels per rank back then, whereas  there's 7 levels per rank these days. This is a rare namida NeoLemmix pack that isn't a part of Lemmings Plus series, and thus this little pack has its own topic in the forums. :P

Many of my solutions are similar than in my initial playthrough. The overall difficulty is somewhat high, yes. Pretty sure I again backrouted Apocalypse 3: The Longest Way Home, and I'm not quite sure about Apocalypse 1: Research Center. Outbreak 7: Undead Dipper, Plague 5: Care Package and Apocalypse 4: A Strange Facility were tougher new levels.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2019, 10:53:06 PM »
Updated for NeoLemmix V12.7.X (including re-testing of replays).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2020, 07:40:11 PM »
Uploaded V12.7-B update. ("V12.7" indicates compatible NL version, "-B" indicates pack revision.)

This fixes an incorrect lemming count that slipped in for Outbreak 5, leading to no zombies spawning on that level.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2020, 07:25:30 AM »
Replays have been updated to fix one that broke with the V12.9 glider bugfix. No change was needed to the pack itself, so that remains unchanged.
My Lemmings projects

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2020, 08:54:26 AM »
I have completed the pack. Here are my replays. In addition, I have my complete LP of the pack up on my Youtube. The link is here: Kaywhyn's LP of Doomsday Lemmings

Note: These replays of mine were made in an extremely old version of the pack, which is labeled v2.03 in my LP, in v12.9.4 of the NL player. When upgrading to v12.10.0, 4 of the replays break, and the replay refresher tool does not fix replays as old as v12.0, as apparently I played the pack that's much older than v12.7. So, if you want to view these replays, make sure you're using v12.9.4 of the NL player or older.

Regarding the pack, this was a really good pack. Just like you said, it starts off very easy, but then it starts becoming difficult at the very end of the first rank. So, I am in complete agreement that this pack is not for beginners. Here, the difficulty picks up with the penultimate level of Outbreak, Outbreak 6 - Cursed Afflication. However, I thought it was very easy, but that's probably because I backrouted it. Outbreak 7 - Undead Dipper, was a tricky one to figure out. Somewhat hard, but not a very hard level. I think I ended up overcomplicating my solution compared to yours.

Once you hit Plague, the second rank, the levels start getting difficult. Right out the gate, Plague 1 - Cycle of Undeath, starts off difficult. While not very hard due to the very lenient skillset, it's difficult to figure out how to avoid getting infected, especially the left entrance. The rest of the ranking wasn't bad at all. Plague 2 - All in the Rhythmn didn't take me as long as I thought it would. It almost fails had the trap triggered again before each group is able to get past the trigger, but it's a very slow trap to re-trigger, and so none of the regular lemmings die to it. Plague 4 - Not Such a Stronghold... was the hardest level of the rank for me. While still somewhat open-ended due to the skillset, it's still difficult. The biggest reason why I struggled with it was due to trying to maximize the amount of lemmings to save. Once I realized the huge amount of lemmings we're allowed to lose in the level, I had an easier time, although the level's still no cakewalk even after realizing that fact. My favorite levels in this rank were both Plague 5 - Care Package and Plague 6 - Terror Cove. The former's an excellent puzzle where the solution really comes together and was very satisfying to figure out, while the latter's a really great puzzle in figuring out when to release the worker lemming, and the builder placement is crucial in allowing the space cushion to allow the crowd to safely be released and exit before becoming infected. It's just a very nice puzzle that I absolutely enjoyed. Well done, namida! :thumbsup: Finally, Plague 7 - Braaaaains, while somewhat easy, was still a fine level to close out the rank. My solution might be a backroute due to having a builder leftover, but at the same time I could had used the builder instead and so have a platformer leftover instead.

The entire Apocalypse rank was just one very huge struggle. Because of this, my LP ended up spanning way more videos than I thought it would. Originally, I thought this pack was going to be a quick and easy solve from start to finish, but that was far from being the case. The levels that took me the longest in this rank were Apocalypse 5 - Garden of Trauma and Apocalypse 7 - Release the Horde!, as evidenced by my LP with how these levels took multiple videos.

The first level of the final rank, Apocalypse 1 - Research Center, was where the difficulty really hit. This was a difficult puzzle to figure out, particularly how to dispose of the zombie horde and making sure you don't run out of platformers. Apocalypse 2 - Infection Bypass took me much longer than I thought it would and hence it's a surprisingly very difficult level. The skillset is extremely limited, yet that's not why the level is hard. Instead, it's timing the release and making sure to place your skills carefully so that no more than 3 get infected if you elect to use all 5 blockers. The most difficult area is the level right above the exit floor level due to there being 10 zombies on that ground level. Apocalypse 3 - The Longest Way Home was the easiest level of the rank and took me the shortest to figure out, but that's probably because I backrouted the level. Apocalypse 4 - A Strange Facility was also another surprisingly difficult level to figure out. The execution was quite frustrating to do. It's probably yet another case where I overcomplicated the solution.

I'm not sure why it took me a very long time to find the solution to Apocalypse 5 - Garden of Trauma. As seen in my LP, I ended up doing so many wrong approaches in multiple videos before I finally hit upon the correct way. Here, I think the reason why the level is hard is due to how the solution is extremely well-hidden. In particular, it took me a very long time to figure out what the purpose of the bomber and the floater were for, as well as how I kept using the bomber incorrectly. If I'm not mistaken, this is one of the levels that Akseli couldn't figure out. It was also the case for me, but I eventually figured out the solution on my own after a lot of struggling.

Apocalypse 6 - One Lonely Lemming is probably a level where I really overcomplicated the solution. Instead of getting rid of the first zombie the lemming starts in, I simply kept moving along to avoid infection. In addition, despite being a 2-of-everything level, the skillset also makes the level hard. As you can see in my LP, I got taken by completely surprise upon not hearing the exit unlock after pressing the two visible buttons in the level. Here, I didn't turn on CPM just because I rather experience playing the level from a first-timer playing the level and therefore didn't want to take the easy way out and cheat. I managed to correctly deduce where the hidden button was. Overall, I still thought this was a really nice level, even if it was somewhat frustrating due to the way I possibly might had overcomplicated the solution.

Finally, Apocalypse 7 - Release the Horde! deserves a very special mention.

Being the curious person that I am, as can also be seen in the finale of the LP, I watched your intended solution to the level. The reason why I struggled greatly with this level and hence why I kept thinking I was always at least a skill short is simple: I never thought about releasing the horde the way you and others did. No wonder I struggled so much with the final level of the pack.

I still thought this was a really good pack that I still enjoyed despite struggling so much throughout nearly the entire Apocalypse rank. Definitely agree with you that the pack is not for beginners. Except for josh, I think I'm the 2nd person to solve all of the latest version of this pack? So, we now have 2 sets of complete replays for this pack, in addition to yours. Oh, I should let you know that 2 of your replays that you posted in the OP, Outbreak 5 and Apocalypse 6, don't work. They both fail due to a misplaced skill assignment. To be fair, the replays are for v12.7, and I played the pack in v12.9.4. Thus, I ran a mass replay check on your set in v12.9.4 and both Outbreak 5 and Apocalypse 6 fail. All your other replays work. Just thought I let you know. Of course, I still managed to figure out all the levels on my own ;)

As for me regarding zombies, I don't mind them, although I can definitely understand why others might not like them so much due to how the puzzles can be fiddly and frustrating when they're in levels. I still managed to LP the entire pack without really raging at all. As a Lemmings player, it takes a lot in order to get me to rage at the levels. I guess I just have a really high level of patience compared to most players when solving. After all, I didn't get through all of United without a lot of time, dedication, and extreme patience with the pack. Same with your Lemmings Plus Alpha pack.

Enjoy my entire set of replays and my LP to your pack! :P
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 05:21:46 AM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2020, 03:27:26 AM »
Oh, I should let you know that 2 of your replays that you posted in the OP, Outbreak 5 and Apocalypse 6, don't work.

The ones I have in my Git repo work, so it's most likely that I updated them but forgot to upload the updated ones. At any rate - I've got updates to upload, so I'll fix this at the same time. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2020, 03:51:05 AM »
Doomsday Lemmings V12.10-A uploaded, replays also re-uploaded due to above. There's no change to the levels themself; only menu graphic updates to fit with 12.10's new design.
My Lemmings projects

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2020, 04:13:59 AM »
I just downloaded your 12.10 replays, and unfortunately the same two levels, Outbreak 5 and Apocalypse 6, are still broken. I'm not interested in the former anyway, since that level is very open-ended due to being a 10-of-everything level in the first rank. I'm more curious as to the intended solution for the latter, since I'm sure my solution for that level is way more complicated than your intended solution.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2020, 04:41:43 AM »
That's really strange. Both have passed a mass replay test, and I just checked Apocalypse 6 in-game. (NL V12.10.0 stable, Doomsday Lemmings V12.10-A, and the up-to-date replays.) Are you sure you weren't loading the old ones by mistake?
My Lemmings projects

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2020, 04:45:44 AM »
I replaced the 12.7 replays with the 12.10 ones, and I said "yes to all" to overwrite all of the 12.7 ones, so no, I'm not using the 12.7 ones. All the dates for the replays match the ones in the zip file.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2020, 05:28:38 PM »
Hey namida, if this is helpful, I recorded what I see in the actual replays for Outbreak 5 and Apocalypse 6, the two levels where your replays don't work for me, when I watch them. As you can see in the video, they both fail due to misplacement of a builder skill. Yes, these are v12.10-A replays. Do you know why this is happening? In the video, you can see that both videos are dated yesterday, 11/13/20, but that's because I ran your v12.10 replays through the replay refresher. Still, the issue for both replays is there for me, so that didn't fix anything. In the original v12.10-A zip file that I downloaded in the OP, the replays for the two levels are dated 9/7/19. Not sure why those two levels fail, especially since I know you have updated the replays themselves between every major NL release, eg, 12.8 to 12.9, to ensure they still work.

edit: removed the file for download, since I got your two replays to work now.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 05:08:14 AM by kaywhyn »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2020, 07:50:28 PM »
Downloading it and will take a look. Can you also bring up the replay editor and take a screenshot of it for each replay? This might help me narrow down what's missing or loading incorrect. ("E" in traditional layout, "P" in functional layout.)

It does immediately spring to mind, that both these levels have no non-zombies spawning from hatches. This could be a key point to look at.

Do the replays also fail for you in a mass replay test, or only if you watch them in-game?
My Lemmings projects

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2020, 08:10:52 PM »
Screenshots for Outbreak 5 and Apocalypse 6 with replay editor are attached. In both cases, your replays fail due to a misplacement of the first builder so that the actions after the first builder don't happen. When I run the mass replay check on your v12.10 replays, the two aforementioned levels result in "fail" too. I've also attached the results of the mass replay check.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 08:19:27 PM by kaywhyn »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2020, 05:07:31 AM »
Good news. I figured out why your two replays weren't working: I didn't download the 12.10 version of the level pack. Once I did that, your Outbreak 5 and Apocalypse 6 replays worked ;) However, this new level pack version caused some of my replays to break. See my mass replay check text file attached. I ran the replay refresher tool on my v12.9 replays, and same thing, it didn't fix it. This is really weird that while it fixed your replays, it broke 4 of my v12.9 replays. You even mentioned that no changes to the levels were made, so why do my v12.9 replays now break with the newest level pack version, even after running the replay refresher? I just solved the entire level pack starting a few days ago and played it in the 12.9 version.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2020, 06:52:23 AM »
Looking back at your video, it shows the pack version as "2.03"; this is actually a mislabelling in V12.00 (however, it is still unique to this version - the previous version is, correctly, labelled "2.02"). This is far older than the "12.7" version that the replays are for. The "2.03" thing struck me as a bit odd the first time around but as I've never really maintained Doomsday to the same level of pedanticness as the Lemmings Plus series, I just assumed it was a mistake I'd made in a previous version.

For the record - I was somewhat inconstent in the past, but nowdays I label my pack versions after the newest major NL version they are tested on (which is almost always the stable version at the time of release). Hence, Doomsday Lemmings "V12.10-A" is tested on NL V12.10.X. The -A, -B, etc is if there are updates to the packs between NL updates. At the current time, the newest version of all my actively maintained NeoLemmix packs is "12.10-A".
My Lemmings projects

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2020, 07:39:43 AM »
Your two replays are fine for me now after I downloaded the v12.10 of the level pack. The question now is why are my replays breaking, even after I ran them through the replay refresher? See my mass replay check text file in the previous post. All my other replays for other level packs are fine. It's just Doomsday Lemmings where my own replays are broken. Interestingly enough, the two levels, Outbreak 5 and Apocalypse 6, I previously reported where your replays didn't work are ones where my own replays now broke, along with one other level error and one undetermined. My own replays in my auto folder are v12.9.4, since that's the version where I solved the pack, so the question is why are some of my replays now breaking even though you didn't change any of the levels from v12.9.4 to v12.10.0?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2020, 08:19:48 AM »
The latest update, V12.7-B to V12.10-A, did not change any levels; nor did the previous update, V12.7-A to V12.7-B. However, the version you had was even older than V12.7-A, so probably the levels did change in that update.

In fact, I'm going to guess this is probably when I fixed the starting-floating-in-midair preplaced lemmings, which I noticed it still has in your videos. This will break replays but should not actually affect whether the approach will work or not overall (just the exact execution). This was a common bug in older NeoLemmix levels due to, way back in the day (as in, even further back than 1.43), preplaced lemmings having a misleading graphic in the editor.
My Lemmings projects

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2020, 09:26:11 AM »
According to my computer files, the only version I have downloaded of the pack is labeled 12.7-B. I swapped out the Doomsday Lemmings folder I had in my NL directory and extracted the folder that's in the 12.7-B zip in its place in my NL directory. When I load up the pack in NL, the version I see on the main menu is v12.7. So, this means the previous Doomsday Lemmings level pack folder I had in my NL directory is indeed a different one than the one in the zip file. It's strange, since when I type in the Windows search bar, nothing else shows up besides Doomsday Lemmings 12.7-B, so I'm quite confused how I got the 2.03 version. When I swapped back the original folder, it displayed v2.03 just like you see in the video. Since I did my own replays with v2.03, that's why my replays worked while your two replays didn't work for me. However, once I downloaded the 12.10.0-A of the pack for the 12.10 NL player, then your two replays worked fine and in turn broke 4 of my replays. I also tested this by putting in the 12.7-B version of the pack and same result: same 4 broken replays. Since the replay refresh tool didn't fix them, I wonder if this means that I will have to manually fix the replays myself for those 4 levels that broke. If so, then the solutions for the 4 levels will no longer be exactly identical to my LP ones for your pack.

edit: Actually, no, I don't have to. I'll just have to note that my replays were made and work in v12.9.4, but not on 12.10.0 due to having a much older version of Doomsday Lemmings. In addition, I guess I could always fix the 4 broken ones so that they work for v12.10.0 while keeping my v12.9.4 set, which are the same ones that I attached in the post I gave feedback on the pack several posts above.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 10:16:45 AM by kaywhyn »

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2020, 11:58:32 PM »
Had a watch of the first level Kaywhyn, and couldn't help but think it's possible to save all (except the zombie, of course).

Feeling inspired by your LP, I also filmed my own quick LP of Outbreak but forgot to start OBS!!! I managed to save all (but the zombies) for the first 5 levels. There are some belters in here! Levels 6 and 7 were particularly challenging. I'll probably do Apocalypse for my (planned) Last Rank LP.

Replays attached :lemcat:

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2020, 12:42:54 AM »
An optimised version of level 4's solution, using only 11 skills to solve it in 47 seconds. Plus another sub-1 minute solution using only 9 skills!

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2020, 02:27:48 AM »
Wow, never knew I have been instrumental in motivating people to play packs. Awesome, WillLem! :thumbsup:

Had a watch of the first level Kaywhyn, and couldn't help but think it's possible to save all (except the zombie, of course).

Oh it's very easy to save everyone in Outbreak 1. I simply didn't bother to :crylaugh: I sometimes go for saving everyone if possible, but sometimes I don't. I'm really odd when it comes to this haha.

Feeling inspired by your LP, I also filmed my own quick LP of Outbreak but forgot to start OBS!!! I managed to save all (but the zombies) for the first 5 levels. There are some belters in here! Levels 6 and 7 were particularly challenging. I'll probably do Apocalypse for my (planned) Last Rank LP.

Replays attached :lemcat:

Nice to know that people here are indeed watching my LPs. I just don't know if the pack authors have. I remember you asked Armani if he was considering to do any LPs, as like you I would love to watch him do them, but as he has said he has no plans to do any in the future due to various reasons. It's not because he said "no" that made me take up LPing. I simply decided to do it after I saw how very easy it is to set up OBS and how I was looking into getting a new and much better laptop. Despite how I fumble my words a lot when recording, I'm still willing to do LPs. So far, with the two packs I have LPed, I'm enjoying myself a lot when doing it, and so rest assured that you will be seeing more LPs from me in the future. That reminds me. If you have any recommendations/suggestions for packs that I should LP, feel free to drop them off at my topic here: . I can probably take a look at your video series of first rank packs you did for ideas, and I'm definitely considering your packs to LP ;) Until I get suggestions from people, I'm going to hold back on doing my third LP, since I don't want to make the same mistake of LPing a pack without input from the community, like I did with Doomsday Lemmings.

Yes, you're right in that after the first 5 levels of Outbreak, which are very easy and extremely open-ended, the final two levels of the rank are the most challenging because they're no longer as open-ended, so the difficulty already picks up with them. I saw your replay for Outbreak 5, and I can say that you somewhat made it more difficult than it needed to be.

edit: regarding my complete set of replays, I just added a note to that post saying that if you want to view them, make sure you do it in v12.9.4, as those replays were made in that version of NL. When upgrading to v12.10.0, 4 of my replays break, and the replay refresher tool doesn't fix them, because I apparently played a version of the pack that was made for versions earlier than v12.7, which is why it doesn't work.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 02:38:02 AM by kaywhyn »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2020, 06:31:21 AM »
I just added a note to that post saying that if you want to view them, make sure you do it in v12.9.4, as those replays were made in that version of NL. When upgrading to v12.10.0, 4 of my replays break, and the replay refresher tool doesn't fix them, because I apparently played a version of the pack that was made for versions earlier than v12.7, which is why it doesn't work.

Using an older version of NL will not help. Using the older verison of the pack is necessary. As mentioned, you had V12.00 (mislabelled on the title screen as 2.03), and some levels must have changed between that and V12.7-A. It is only V12.7-A -> V12.7-B -> V12.10-A that there are no level changes; I can't guarantee this for V12.00 -> V12.7-A (there was no other version inbetween these).
My Lemmings projects

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2020, 07:11:10 AM »
Using an older version of NL will not help. Using the older verison of the pack is necessary. As mentioned, you had V12.00 (mislabelled on the title screen as 2.03), and some levels must have changed between that and V12.7-A. It is only V12.7-A -> V12.7-B -> V12.10-A that there are no level changes; I can't guarantee this for V12.00 -> V12.7-A (there was no other version inbetween these).

Ah, that's why. It was a complete misunderstanding on my part, then. It wasn't pointed out that v2.03 meant v12 of the pack, but now I understand. If it was mislabeled, that probably means the leading 1 was missing so that it should had read 12.03 instead. It makes sense to me now. In that case, I should clarify my note that there's no way to fix my replays for the v12.10-A of the pack without me taking control of the replay since the replays themselves were made in the v12.03 of the pack in the v12.9.4 of the NL player. My replays will work as long as the level pack version isn't v12.10-A, and so you won't be able to view them without using an older version of the level pack, just like you said. Similarly, your two replays won't work unless I use the v12.10-A of the pack, as I have previously verified as working when I did that. Thanks for the clarification.

Just to make sure, my LP of your level pack hasn't gone unnoticed from you, right? In any case, you have my LP, as well as my replays in this topic to view as long as you use a pre 12-10-A pack version. I might just end up fixing those 4 replays myself so that they're up-to-date for the v12.10-A of the pack at a later time, but I'm still going to keep the v2.03 replays around since they're the exact same ones from the LP. Luckily, only 4 of them are affected. The other 17 still work.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2020, 06:29:09 PM »
Just to make sure, my LP of your level pack hasn't gone unnoticed from you, right?

Not at all - I've watched the first two videos of it so far, and will be continuing it today. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2020, 06:33:38 PM »
Just to make sure, my LP of your level pack hasn't gone unnoticed from you, right?

Not at all - I've watched the first two videos of it so far, and will be continuing it today. :)

Awesome, thanks for confirming with me. I figured that you have, and I'm guessing WillLem and Proxima have as well since all of you are doing challenges for this pack. I do apologize for the videos being really long, though. I'm working on reducing their length. If I'm not mistaken, I believe when you did LPs you used a stopwatch/timer so you know how long you been recording. I think I will do that as well. I'm also going to throw this out and let you know that I do have plans to LP another pack of yours in the future. I haven't decided yet, but I know I would like to do another LP of a pack of yours. In the meantime, you're more than welcome to drop off your recommendations/suggestions on another pack for me to LP in my topic in the general discussion board if you have any ;)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2020, 07:34:07 PM »
I haven't watched the LP yet, though I have completed the first rank so I'm ready to watch it now. It's just hard to find time :P My favourite youtuber, Alex Diener, puts out new content every day, and I've been watching raocow's Sonic videos with my girlfriend, and there's new stuff coming all the time from this community and the DROD community. I have started watching your Migration videos and I'm enjoying them very much -- I'll give you more detailed feedback when I've had time to watch more.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2020, 11:36:54 AM »
I haven't watched the LP yet, though I have completed the first rank so I'm ready to watch it now. It's just hard to find time :P My favourite youtuber, Alex Diener, puts out new content every day, and I've been watching raocow's Sonic videos with my girlfriend, and there's new stuff coming all the time from this community and the DROD community. I have started watching your Migration videos and I'm enjoying them very much -- I'll give you more detailed feedback when I've had time to watch more.

Glad to hear it. Sounds good, sir! Enjoy :P

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2020, 05:18:15 AM »
My replay collection for the pack is updated. 4 levels ended up breaking in the 12.10.0-A version of the pack. I simply went back and imitated the solution I used in my LP of the pack. The 4 replays that were affected going from v12.9.4 to 12.10.0 were Outbreak 5, Plague 6, Apocalypse 3, and Apocalypse 6. These v12.9.4 replays were ran through the replay refresher for v12.10.0, but it resulted in these 4 replays breaking. The same 4 replays still broke even without the replay refresher. It's not needed anyway, since the replays were made in the v12.9.4 NL player. I initially didn't want to bother fixing them since they'll be different from the solution used in my LP, but since it's only 4 replays, I went ahead and fixed them. It was super quick anyway. So, the solution isn't exactly the same in terms of where and when I executed the skills seen in the LP, but the solutions are pretty much carried out in the exact same sequence seen in the LP. I didn't bother changing any of the solutions, just for consistency with the LP.

My replay collection in reply #76 on the previous page all still work if you use v12.9.4 of the NL player. The reason some replays broke is due to how I had v2.03 of the pack, which is much older than v12.7 and is no longer available for download and is the reason why some of my replays ended up breaking going to v12.10.0 despite being ran through the replay refresher. So, download the replay set in this post instead.

Offline redddevil

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2022, 03:47:56 PM »
Am I right to assume that the official solution to Apocalypse 7 no longer works?
Assigning bomber to faller makes him explode straight away and hence unable to bomb out the horde n'est-ce pas?

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2022, 05:46:22 PM »
Am I right to assume that the official solution to Apocalypse 7 no longer works?
Assigning bomber to faller makes him explode straight away and hence unable to bomb out the horde n'est-ce pas?

I can definitely see why you would think so, and you would be right, except there is a very specific setup that allows you to release the zombies. See namida's intended solution which I've attached here. In any case, yes, there are solutions available that don't involve releasing them, such as mine, though mine is an extremely difficult one to pull off, especially as it nearly fails anyway ;) If namida really wanted to, he could definitely easily downright block my solution, but as the pack has been out for a long time now, I don't think he will. I personally wouldn't, I just think it's too awesome in which it's a level that my kind of solution exists but isn't required at all :laugh:

Offline redddevil

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2022, 04:55:32 PM »
I thought I had viewed Namida's solution at the end of your video (following your nicely sneaky nuke solution).
When he assigns the bomber in that video the faller does the hand/head waving and explodes further down amongst the zombies and hence frees them but if I assign the bomber in neolemmix the faller explodes immediately in  mid-air and so does not release them.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2022, 07:29:44 PM »
I thought I had viewed Namida's solution at the end of your video (following your nicely sneaky nuke solution).
When he assigns the bomber in that video the faller does the hand/head waving and explodes further down amongst the zombies and hence frees them but if I assign the bomber in neolemmix the faller explodes immediately in  mid-air and so does not release them.

Ah, in your case, you're assigning the bomber too late.

Offline redddevil

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2022, 01:05:32 PM »
Of course - how stupid of me!
Thanks for putting me straight.