Author Topic: Doomsday Lemmings  (Read 22929 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Doomsday Lemmings
« on: January 05, 2015, 02:39:41 pm »
This is a relatively small pack, at only 21 levels, divided equally across three ranks. Note that it already starts to get fairly hard by the end of the first rank, so this pack is not recommended for beginners.

This pack is focused solely on zombie levels. Every level has zombies. So... lemmings, check. Zombie apocalypse, check. Insanity, check. What more could you ask for? :P

You can download the pack here: http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=30
Solution replays can be downloaded here: http://www.neolemmix.com/replay/DoomsdayLemmings_Replays_V12.7-A.zip

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 10:52:54 pm by namida »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: "Zombie Project"
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 05:59:44 pm »
(There were maximum saved records here, but I'm not sure if they still hold true. There was also a talisman list here, but I decided to remove talismans from this game as they felt kind of forced rather than having the more-natural feel they do in the Lemmings Plus packs.)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 11:25:08 am by namida »

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 10:54:37 pm »
I like the look of the landscape. It might appear to be basic but adding the red hairs (or maybe it's blood IDK) under the landscape (as well as the usual black background) complements this theme well. I also like the fact that your avatar is part of what you're working on. I'm looking forward to this...
Musical fact: The 2019 UK number 1 hit "Dance Monkey" has the same chord progression as the DOS version of the "Lemming3" tune.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 12:27:17 am »
I also can't wait for this one! Especially since this is indeed a gimmick with lots of potential. The new graphic set looks nice and gives that horror feeling.

I have a name idea for the pack: Thriller. Much like how you named the Backwards Lemmings rank Moonwalk.

YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 02:16:26 am »
I kind of feel "Thriller" isn't connected enough to the Zombie theme specifically.

One consideration I had was "Lemmings: Outbreak", but it feels awkward because of "Outbreak" also being a rank name. I had another good idea earlier today while I was out, but I can't remember it now...

Another idea I just had was "Undead Lemmings"; it sort of fits in with how "Xmas Lemmings", "Holiday Lemmings" and "3D Lemmings" are one word plus "Lemmings". I might use this if I don't think of a better one.

So, as a point of interest, I've made two levels so far. And literally the only pieces (object OR terrain) they have in common are the steel block, the window, and pre-placed lemmings. So, even though this pack only has one graphic set, it has the feel of having more than one. :D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 03:52:54 am by namida »

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 06:31:45 am »
I thought of a name for the project: Lemmings Revived? I'm sure that might work well...

I like your ratings of Plague and Apocalypse, they both have certain meanings that connect to the Zombie theme. I thought of another rating: Spirit? (It's related to ghosts, which is kinda similar to the haunted project)
Musical fact: The 2019 UK number 1 hit "Dance Monkey" has the same chord progression as the DOS version of the "Lemming3" tune.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 08:05:33 am »
And, I don't have an official name for the pack yet. I would've probably gone with "Night Of The Lemming Dead" had that not been the name of an LPO level, though. :P

If it were me, I'd call it that anyway, and rename that level if need be. It's brilliant :thumbsup:. You could even use "Return of the Lemming Dead" for a sequel. But if you don't want to do that, you could parody another game/movie...

LemmingZ (or LemZ)
Lemmings vs Zombies
Lem 4 Dead
Rodent Evil

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 10:32:24 am »
That was the name of one of my Cheapo levels, but yeah, those aren't coming back from the dead any time soon......

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 07:28:23 pm »
I like your ratings of Plague and Apocalypse, they both have certain meanings that connect to the Zombie theme. I thought of another rating: Spirit? (It's related to ghosts, which is kinda similar to the haunted project)
You guys will have to pardon my awful sense of humour here, but might I suggest "Rotten"? ;)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 08:04:11 am »
Here's another level; the first level I've made for Apocalypse. Notice the completely different style of most of the terrain, as well as a completely different type of exit (that's actually the locked exit, but there's no buttons in this level so it's unlocked right from the start).

And yes, those strange looking things by the "entrances" to each side of the level are indeed traps. Traps that took me AGES to make, and boosted the size of the VGAGR file by about 30KB. >_>
(They're also fairly slow traps compared to my LPII / LPIII ones; at RR99, about 7 lemmings can pass when it kills one. RR45 is the highest RR where it will kill every lemming that gets to it; from RR46 there'll start to be lemmings that slip past.)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 08:18:06 am by namida »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 06:47:52 am »
I think I've done enough on the graphic set at this point; from now on the focus is on the levels. :) Knowing me, I probably won't use all the stuff I've already put in the set, let alone more. Though I might add more terrain pieces if I see a good use for them.

(It has almost every object type NeoLemmix offers so far; the only ones it doesn't are Radiation, Slowfreeze, Teleporters/Receivers and Updraft. I may consider adding teleporters. None of the levels so far use either of the Fire objects, the one-way down arrows, or the unlock buttons; and plenty more objects are only used in one level.)

Level-wise, I've done two levels each for Outbreak and Apocalypse, and three for Plague (the middle rank).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:54:38 am by namida »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 09:08:24 am »
Alright, so every rank has a final level now (assuming none of them get moved - I'd say Plague's and Apocalypse's are pretty safe, but I'm a bit unsure if Outbreak's final level might be too hard for its position...). The second rank still doesn't have a first level though...

Also, a level I just made uses all the objects listed in the previous post, apart from the one-way down arrows. :D

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 01:46:28 pm »
So, I just did a quick run through of the levels so far to establish some "baseline" saved records.

I won't give the full results here, but here's some interesting tidbits. These are only based on the levels I've made so far of course (which is 3 each in Outbreak and Apocalypse, and 4 in Plague).

* There are four levels where it's impossible to exceed the requirement as far as I can tell.
* Of those four, three of them require saving every lemming that isn't already a zombie when it spawns, so they're basically the Zombie gimmick's equivalent of 100%-required levels.
* Aside from those three levels, there's two more levels where it's possible to save every lemming that isn't initially a zombie. Both of these are the first level of their respective rank; Outbreak 1 is trivial to do this on, while for Plague 1 it's actually quite a challenge.
* There are at least four levels (just going by memory here, I didn't record this specifically) where lost lemmings are lost in traditional ways rather than as a result of becoming a zombie (or where losses occur due to both traditional ways *and* zombification within the same level but on different lemmings).

By the way, if anyone was wondering: This pack doesn't have repeats. :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Doomsday Lemmings (formerly known as "Zombie Project")
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 03:52:23 am »
Alright, we now finally have one finished rank - specifically, Apocalypse. :D

Still need to make Outbreak 2, Outbreak 3 and Plague 2. This'll be the easier part, of course. Aside from that, just a few small touches left - a title screen (which by the way, I still haven't decided on a final name xD), and maybe a bit more decoration in some of the more bare-looking levels. I'm not going to do a proper testing period with this one, but I will of course do an update or two if need be to fix backroutes.

(Some of you might've noticed Plague 2 was struck out at one point - this isn't that a level's been moved, but rather an absent-minded mistake; I meant to strike out Apocalypse 3.)

Both of the new Apocalypse levels since I made the last post allow you to lose one lemming not including those that start as zombies; and so far, I haven't found a way to save that one lemming on either of them. A major difference is that one of them has only a single zombie, while the other almost half the lemmings in the level are zombies. However, that's far from the highest ratio - the highest actually belongs to one of the Outbreak levels, with a ratio of 29 zombies to every normal lemming. :P

EDIT: Okay, I chose a name now, and everything other than the last few levels is now complete. :)

Another detail I'll release... this pack is not going to use time limits at all. That's not to say that there won't be levels where you have to act quickly due to incoming zombies or anything like that, but the levels themself all have infinite time limits. This is also a first for me - Lemmings Plus Omega didn't have time limits on most levels, and Holiday Lemmings Plus only had one level with a time limit; but this is the first pack that doesn't use them at all.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 04:39:31 am by namida »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 06:57:56 am »
ALRIGHT, it's here! Download link in first post. :)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 11:27:54 am »
This is a pretty cool and original pack that I feel adds something fresh and new to the Lemmings game. It's a great idea that you've expanded upon the Zombie gimmick, and this pack shows how versatile the gimmick is. Interesting choice for the music, too.

Here are my replays so far; the last level I've completed so far is Apocalypse 1.

I'm not sure if Outbreak 5, Plague 1 and Apocalypse 1 are backroutes. Also, I thought the brown terrain in Outbreak 5 was steel because of the "dots" on them.

Also, I found Plague 5 to be easy for a last-level rank. I think it should maybe be switched Plague 2, since Plague 5 doesn't require as much precision as Plague 2.

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 11:32:12 am »
Awesome, I'll check those out now :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 11:46:03 am »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 02:30:59 am »
I've uploaded an update; this updates the engine to V1.28n, and also fixes DynaLem's backroute to Apocalypse 1 (no other levels have been changed).

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 09:02:18 pm »
Forgot to upload my replay for Apocalypse 2 which came out before the new version was released. It should still work though.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 03:09:11 am »
It will; only Apocalypse 1 has been changed.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 05:52:06 am »
Alright, this has been out long enough to reveal the cheat code.

The code is NIGHTMARES.

Offline IchoTolot

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2015, 03:47:03 pm »
So I've played and recorded Doomsday Lemmings in the last couple of days!

Enjoy and hopefully I didn't break too many level  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B14NxXPp_4k     (first vid)

At the end of the recording I forgot that I turned down my headset volume a bit for NeoLemmix, so the videos are a bit louder than my Lemmini ones  :-[
I must still get used to record NeoLemmix stuff. It took a while to get everything working and for the next NeoLemmix series I will probably turn down the volume a bit again, but for this reason I choosed a little pack for the beginning and not the big ones.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2015, 05:55:03 pm »
Awesome! :D I look forward to seeing the rest of your solutions!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2015, 07:10:31 pm »
By the way, I put the level images up on the NeoLemmix website now.

Offline Akseli

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Doomsday Lemmings
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 12:15:54 am »
I finally downloaded this game today, my solutions are attached! :)

I noticed in Outbreak 5: "Cursed Affliction" that zombies are contagious even through 3 pixel wide walls when I dug two holes next to each other at first. :P But it's maybe understandable.
Outbreak 2: "Haunted Pier", Plague 3: "Take One For The Team" and Plague 5: "Terror Cove" were pretty nice levels! Apocalypse 2: "Infection Bypass" was my least favourite one, the execution was somewhat frustrating there. :P
I don't know why the exit didn't open in Apocalypse 5: "One Last Lemming" (maybe you're supposed to be doomed at the end of the game :P) and other Apocalypse levels I suspect backrouting and neglecting to use the gimmick.
What does the text say in Plague 1: "Cycle Of Undeath", by the way?

Offline IchoTolot

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 12:48:35 am »
I finally downloaded this game today, my solutions are attached! :)

I noticed in Outbreak 5: "Cursed Affliction" that zombies are contagious even through 3 pixel wide walls when I dug two holes next to each other at first. :P But it's maybe understandable.
Outbreak 2: "Haunted Pier", Plague 3: "Take One For The Team" and Plague 5: "Terror Cove" were pretty nice levels! Apocalypse 2: "Infection Bypass" was my least favourite one, the execution was somewhat frustrating there. :P
I don't know why the exit didn't open in Apocalypse 5: "One Last Lemming" (maybe you're supposed to be doomed at the end of the game :P) and other Apocalypse levels I suspect backrouting and neglecting to use the gimmick.
What does the text say in Plague 1: "Cycle Of Undeath", by the way?

Apocalypse 5 can be beaten. Hint:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've got a nice minimal frustrating solution with a spare blocker and more lemmings saved as you needed for Apocalypse 2 just check my channel if my uploads reach that level.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2015, 12:56:15 am »
As you suspected, the solutions for Apocalypse (except Apocalypse 2) are backroutes; quite major ones too, so I guess I'm going to have to do another update at some point soon. :P

Your solution to Plague 5 is also a very minor backroute, but IMO it's small enough (and similar enough to the intended solution) that it can be left there; the only real difference is that your solution avoids needing the Swimmer.

And as IchoTolot mentions, Apocalypse 5 is definitely beatable.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2015, 08:52:17 am »
The final level got me too... I put down the game for a couple of days and then it hit me when I tried the level again :D

I've solved all the levels but didn't take replays... will rectify that if I get a moment.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2015, 09:09:03 am »
Rectified :) (see attached)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2015, 11:30:54 am »
Okay, watched your solutions. Some comments:

Outbreak 3: That has to be the tidiest "100%" solution I've seen yet. :)
Outbreak 4: That's also a new way of solving it, and the first right-side solution I've seen (though of course I knew it was possible :P).

Plauge 1: That's the first time I've seen anyone else pull off "100%" on this level, and like with Outbreak 3, your approach is far tidier than mine. :D
Plague 5: This is a third way of executing the solution to this level. Nice! It's still very close to the intended solution so I wouldn't call it a backroute; just an alternative.

Apocalypse 1: Your replay doesn't seem to work. It just assigns one lemming a climber who walks into the trap, then nothing else happens. (Maybe it's from the pre-update version? The new version has one less zombie, which somewhat messes up existing replays.)
Apocalypse 2: Congrats on a new saved lemmings record! :)
Apocalypse 3: Not the intended solution, but I like that one so if I can fix Akseli's backroute without breaking yours (which should be doable), I'm leaving it in.
Apocalypse 4: Backroute; it's similar to Akseli's one. It's gonna get patched. :P
Apocalypse 5: Backroute; undecided as to whether I'll fix this one.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2015, 06:33:21 am »
Apocalypse 1: Your replay doesn't seem to work. It just assigns one lemming a climber who walks into the trap, then nothing else happens. (Maybe it's from the pre-update version? The new version has one less zombie, which somewhat messes up existing replays.)

Yeah, I had the first version still. :D Have another replay.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2015, 07:43:19 am »
Nicely done! I'd definitely consider that an okay solution (even though it's not my intended one), and grats on the new saved record for there too. :D

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2015, 11:37:38 am »
Apocalypse 2: Congrats on a new saved lemmings record! :)

AAAAND it's gone!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2015, 03:24:25 am »
Regarding an update on this to remove the Apocalypse 1 / 3 / 4 backroutes; I've fixed 1 and 3, but I'm still thinking of how to go about patching up the Apocalypse 4 backroutes. I don't intend to patch Apocalypse 5.

EDIT: Done. Just need to wait until V1.29n-B player is ready now, so that I'm not releasing it on another "mid-version" player.

Just for the record, Clam's backroute on Apocalypse 1 is intentionally not fixed.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 03:51:17 am by namida »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2015, 05:30:17 am »
Alright, Doomsday Lemmings has been updated to Levels V3 / Player V1.29n-B as an official update.

You can get it here:
http://www.neolemmix.com/old/doomsday.zip

Apart from the fixes/etc in NeoLemmix updates since the last official release, this also fixes up backroutes on Apocalypse 1, Apocalypse 3 and Apocalypse 4. There were also a few unintended solutions found for Plague 5 and Apocalypse 5, but I have decided against patching these. Finally, there's also a few graphical tweaks to the main menu screen.

The level images on the NeoLemmix Website have been updated to reflect these changes.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2015, 07:57:27 pm »
Doomsday Lemmings has been updated to the NeoLemmix V1.30n-B engine. No changes to the levels. It's not overly important to update, but if you want to be sure you're on the latest engine, it's there. :)

Offline GigaLem

• Discord Server Owner
  • Discord Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2015, 08:36:20 pm »
Consider this as an announcement for when October rolls around
 :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2015, 09:00:12 pm »
The picture isn't very clear, but looks interesting nonetheless!

Offline GigaLem

• Discord Server Owner
  • Discord Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2015, 09:01:45 pm »
If anyone is wondering
Its called
Resident GigaLems
100 apocalyptic levels
in 5 Ratings

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2015, 09:15:51 pm »
Oooh, exciting! I'm very interested to see what other designers can do with the zombies... :D

Offline GigaLem

• Discord Server Owner
  • Discord Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2015, 09:24:55 pm »
When i start the project i need to know how to get the zombie gimmick working
but other then that it'll be a Fun Halloween, or should i say Taxing

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2015, 10:00:06 am »
On objects there's an input box called "L value". Setting this on preplaced lemmings (or windows) affects the lemming's initial state. The values are:

1 - Climber
2 - Swimmer
4 - Floater
8 - Glider
16 - Mechanic
32 - Blocker (preplaced lemming only, doesn't work on window)
64 - Zombie (only works if the zombie gimmick is enabled)

To combine these, just add the values together. Eg, for a climber + swimmer + zombie, use 1 + 2 + 64 = 67.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2015, 03:14:04 am »
Doomsday Lemmings has been updated to use NeoLemmix V1.31n-B.

Existing replays might not work exactly (particularly when blockers or bombers are involved), but the solutions themself still should - there's no change to the levels.
Also, the graphics (in-game; not the menus (yet)) have an extra 6 bits of color depth now. :P

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2015, 11:30:47 am »
Updated to V1.32n-B. This should not create any issues with replays from V1.31n-B. It's the same deal as with the Lemmings Plus games - it's as an extra precaution against the "phantom trigger areas" bug, even though I'm not aware of it actually affecting anything in Doomsday Lemmings.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2015, 11:36:53 am »
Uploaded an official NeoLemmix V1.34n update of Doomsday Lemmings. As you may have guessed, this also adds talismans. :) Only 5 of them; Doomsday Lemmings isn't as suited to them as Lemmings Plus is, but I was still able to come up with a few mostly on the easier levels.

Offline GigaLem

• Discord Server Owner
  • Discord Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2015, 05:02:47 pm »
what number do you put for a pre placed blocker?
Edit: never mind its 32
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:36:26 pm by GigaLem »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2015, 05:36:44 am »
Doomsday Lemmings has been updated to player V1.35n-C.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2015, 10:02:39 am »
So, now that the NeoLemmix Introduction Pack is out of the way, I think it's time to say a bit more about ZZ Project. And the reason I'm posting that here is that, it's going to be a sequel to Doomsday Lemmings; but I feel it's too early to give it its own topic at this stage. I haven't decided yet if I'll simply call it "Doomsday Lemmings II" or give it a new name; so for the meantime I'll continue to refer to it as ZZ Project. (The "ZZ" is essentially a cryptic way of saying "Zombies 2", a reference to Doomsday Lemmings's codename of "Zombie Project")

So, what exactly is planned for this sequel? My current intention is to go for about 40 levels, probably over four ranks. Yes, that's quite a lot bigger - but there's a new feature to be used that make me feel that a pack similar in size to Doomsday Lemmings wouldn't be able to make enough use of them. You might've noticed I made reference in several places to a gimmick which exists in NeoLemmix V1.35n-C (actually, it existed for a couple of versions before that too) but hasn't been revealed yet. And yes, indeed, that gimmick is for use in this pack.

So, in addition to the Zombie lemmings you're familiar with from Doomsday Lemmings, there's another new type of lemming here - ghost lemmings! Ghost lemmings are quite different from zombies; the first and most obvious difference is that ghosts are not infectious. They also don't directly harm other lemmings - I say directly, because it isn't impossible for a scenario where they cause harm to exist; it's just not an inherent trait. Other lemmings will be scared of ghosts, and thus, if they get too close, they will turn to face away from the ghost. In this way, the ghost acts somewhat like a moving blocker, although with a slightly larger area of effect.

Ghost lemmings also can be assigned skills. These skills will have the full effect the skill normally would (with two exceptions due to a property of them I'm about to discuss); it should be noted that ghosts continue to deflect other lemmings while performing these skills, however. Another major difference from a regular lemming, however, is that ghosts do not interact with objects at all. They can walk straight past a trap; they cannot use an exit; they won't burn on contact with a fire object, and so on. This does mean that two skills have no use whatsoever when given to ghosts - Swimmer and Disarmer. This lack of interaction extends to the cases where interaction can exist with other lemmings - they will walk straight through blockers, and in the case of a level featuring both ghosts and zombies, they cannot be infected by zombies. Essentially, the only thing that they interact with is terrain; they remain unable to destroy steel, but they are not affected by one-way walls, and thus can destroy them while facing the wrong direction (or destroy one-way down arrows as bashers).

There are also two less significant gimmicks which I may end up using in this pack, one of which is already revealed (although not, as far as I know, been used yet). These are of a similar nature to each other, "Zombies on Death" and "Ghosts on Death". In these cases, a lemming that dies, instead of disappearing, becomes a zombie or a ghost respectively (this does not apply to lemmings that are already a zombie or a ghost when they die).

In terms of graphic sets, I don't plan to make any new ones - it'll just be using the Horror set (and I'm considering also using the Candy set as well, to give it a more halloween-y feel). I have added two extra terrain pieces to the Horror set, which will act as warning signs to let the player know when one of these "on death" effects is in play; the Zombie version can be seen in my current avatar (which also answers the question to anyone who was wondering what it might be). These extra pieces are already included in the Horror set in the latest NeoLemmix updates.

I haven't yet started on this pack beyond the planning stage, but the new gimmicks are fully implemented in NeoLemmix, as are the modifications to the Horror set. I don't plan to make corresponding additions to the Candy set, mostly because I'm not yet certain if I will use it or not. In the event that I do, the warning signs can always be implemented via VGASPECs.

Offline GigaLem

• Discord Server Owner
  • Discord Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2015, 03:39:03 pm »
And namida not alone on making the levels
If im correct

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2015, 03:49:56 pm »
Haven't you decided to work on your own zombie-related project? :P

Offline GigaLem

• Discord Server Owner
  • Discord Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2015, 04:02:01 pm »
I also agreed to help on this as well, remember when i said i'll donate a few levels (maybe more than a few)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2015, 04:53:43 pm »
I think that, given the number of projects you're working on at the moment, it's better that you focus on your own projects. Perhaps we can look at doing a collaborative project of some kind when you don't have such a large number of your own you're already working on. If you (or anyone, for that matter) are trying to handle a large number of projects at once, the general result is that the overall quality suffers; which is something I'd rather avoid in packs that are primarily mine.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2015, 11:36:35 am »
So, I've picked some rank names. These aren't set in stone yet, but it's rare for me to change names once I've picked them. It's going to have five ranks of 8 levels each, instead of four ranks of 10. The rank names I'm going with (at least for now) are:

Treat
Trick
Spooky
Haunting
Demonic

I've also made the first level for this pack now! :D

EDIT: This new project has its own topic now: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2222.0
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 09:16:22 am by namida »

Offline silikon

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2015, 11:24:43 pm »
Hi   :D

How can I view the replays in Doomsday Lemmings ? How do I open them ?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2015, 12:23:24 am »
Press "L" while playing a level.

You can see the full list of NeoLemmix hotkeys here: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=1921.msg49056#msg49056
These are applicable not only to Doomsday Lemmings, but also other NeoLemmix-based games (eg. Lemmings Plus series, Revenge of the Lemmings, Lemmings Reunion, etc)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2015, 08:18:19 am »
This has been updated to NeoLemmix V1.36n.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2016, 06:52:54 pm »
I've created an NXP for this (for NeoLemmix V1.37n) but don't have the time to update the site / links / etc until later today; in the meantime, you can get it from this Dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ksc202697azjo3i/AADDli21JMeybRzfMwIEaNwla?dl=0

EDIT: A NeoLemmix Website link has now been added, and put in the first post. The above Dropbox link still works, if you prefer that.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:31:12 am by namida »

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2016, 03:32:53 pm »
If all gimmicks are culled, does this mean that Doomsday Lemmings and its sequel will be ultimately removed?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2016, 03:42:59 pm »
If they're all culled, then yes, though they'll remain available for use with the older engine. If Zombies survives, Doomsday Lemmings I (at least) can remain. We'll see what happens.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2016, 12:42:04 pm »
It looks like Zombies will be the only gimmick that's staying. This means that Doomsday Lemmings II won't work anymore. Would you consider moving some of the Zombie levels in Doomsday Lemmings II to this one, very similar to how you replaced some of your LPI levels with levels from the cancelled LPDOS2 sequel?

There are a lot of very good Zombie levels in DDII, like A nasty taste and Undead Dipper. Release the Horde, I haven't beaten, but looks very challenging (and overall has that Apocalypse-feel) enough to be moved to the first Doomsday Lemmings.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:59:44 pm by DynaLem »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2016, 12:56:03 pm »
I hadn't decided yet what the plan was for those levels. I may indeed consider moving some of my better ones into Doomsday Lemmings. I haven't even gotten around to updating / testing Doomsday Lemmings for V1.43n yet; however, when I do, I'll likely future-proof it at the same time (like I did with Lemmings Plus), which will also mean that'll be the time for me to consider doing that.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2016, 03:51:36 pm »
Okay, I looked through and found 6 levels suitable for moving into Doomsday Lemmings. The rest of my ones will finally be able to rest in peace; it's up to GigaLem what he does with the levels he contributed.

0101 "Curse Reborn"
0301 "Undead Dipper"
0303 "Care Package"
0404 "Braaaaaains"
0502 "A Strange Facility"
0505 "Release The Horde!"

Basic rules were of course that they have to be compatible with the future plans for NeoLemmix (ie: no ghosts, no zombies-on-death), and also, they must use the Horror set.

Before I actually release this change, I need to go through and ensure they're all possible under V1.43n branch (and that I have replays to prove it). I'll probably get onto that later today.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2016, 05:27:13 pm »
The rest of my ones will finally be able to rest in peace; it's up to GigaLem what he does with the levels he contributed.

Would you put these levels in an "Other Levels Recycle Bin" NXP, very much like what you did with Lemmings Plus? (You can also put to-be-culled levels from your Introduction pack in there, along with the three removed levels from the NeoCustLemmix version (e.g. Stone Hot Sacrifice) of the New Skills Tutorial Pack).

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2016, 05:30:52 pm »
I might just combine them with the former Lemmings Plus levels into one giant recycle bin pack. But yes, they probably should be preserved somewhere, even if most of them won't be of any use on future versions of NeoLemmix.

We'll wait until I've actually finished doing the update, though.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2016, 11:29:32 am »
Okay, the Doomsday Lemmings update is here, at last!

As mentioned above, six levels from Doomsday Lemmings II were integrated into this (with the rest of the ones created by me being dropped off into the recycle bin (eventually), while it's up to GigaLem what he wants to do with his contributed levels). This brings the pack up to 21 levels total; 7 per rank.

I also removed the talismans, as they didn't feel so right in this pack.

The newly-added levels are:

Outbreak 2 - "Curse Reborn"
Outbreak 7 - "Undead Dipper"
Plague 5 - "Care Package"
Plague 7 - "Braaaaains"
Apocalypse 4 - "A Strange Facility"
Apocalypse 7 - "Release The Horde!"

Since it's no longer the final level, "One Last Lemming" was also renamed to "One Lonely Lemming".

Finally, it also has a minor fix in the filename of the Beast I music. Doomsday Lemmings called this track "beast", while Orig and Extra call it "beasti"; Doomsday Lemmings has now been brought into line with the other two.

Intended solution replays have also been uploaded.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2016, 05:18:50 am »
Doomsday Lemmings has been updated for NeoLemmix V1.47n. Only one level (Apocalypse 6) needed any changes.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [NeoLemmix] Doomsday Lemmings
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2016, 08:50:46 am »
Doomsday Lemmings has been updated for NeoLemmix V1.48.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2017, 04:20:06 pm »
Updated for NeoLemmix V10.12.XX.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2017, 10:54:02 am »
Updated for NeoLemmix V10.13.XX. Replays have also been double-checked to ensure they're up to date.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2018, 02:00:47 am »
Official new-formats conversion of Doomsday Lemmings is now released!

All styles and music required by Doomsday Lemmings are included with NeoLemmix's default styles pack.

Download: http://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=30
Replays: http://www.neolemmix.com/replay/DoomsdayLemmings_Replays_12_00.zip (Replays verified in NeoLemmix V12.0.1)

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2018, 01:36:39 am »
I finished this level pack.

Offline Akseli

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2019, 07:03:18 am »
Like Holiday LP, I played Doomsday Lemmings in the beginning of this year, solving 19/21 and not yet beating Apocalypse 5: Garden Of Trauma and 7: Release The Horde! I'll make sure that my solutions are safe here in the forums via attaching them to this post. :P

My initial run of Doomsday Lemmings is here. I think there were only 5 levels per rank back then, whereas  there's 7 levels per rank these days. This is a rare namida NeoLemmix pack that isn't a part of Lemmings Plus series, and thus this little pack has its own topic in the forums. :P

Many of my solutions are similar than in my initial playthrough. The overall difficulty is somewhat high, yes. Pretty sure I again backrouted Apocalypse 3: The Longest Way Home, and I'm not quite sure about Apocalypse 1: Research Center. Outbreak 7: Undead Dipper, Plague 5: Care Package and Apocalypse 4: A Strange Facility were tougher new levels.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2019, 10:53:06 pm »
Updated for NeoLemmix V12.7.X (including re-testing of replays).