Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Migration  (Read 36517 times)

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
[NeoLemmix] Lemmings Migration
« on: August 22, 2017, 04:08:54 AM »
"Old Format" versions below NeoLemmix V12 are no longer supported!

Hello everyone!

I'm happy to introduce my first level pack: Lemmings Migration

It's a small pack of 40 levels across four difficulties: Painless, Irritation, Headache, and Migraine.

Any feedback is welcome and appreciated. Don't hold back... be brutally honest if you have to!

Story:

Long ago there was a large community filled with green-haired creatures named Lemmings. They were a technologically advanced society that lived peacefully for many years, but one day an ancient cataclysm emerged. It blocked out the sunlight, destroyed crops, emptied rivers, and destroyed all lemming technology. The lemmings had no choice; they had to leave their community. They had to migrate back to their ancestor's land. The one they left long ago. With their technology gone they had to once again rely on the eight classic skills their ancestors used, and with these tools the lemmings set out for their new home.

Difficulties:

Painless (10 levels)

LEMCO Employees

They're a shy group of levels that contain simple puzzles. After losing almost everything to the ancient cataclysm, the lemmings can no longer afford to have 20 of everything here, and therefore these levels here won't go as slow as the ones the ancestors crossed long ago.

Irritation (10 levels)

Never Getting Back Together

These levels enjoy puzzles that require more planning without going over the top in difficulty. Some of the elders said something about these levels being like "late Tricky to Taxing"... whatever that means.

Headache (10 levels)

Kings Of The Castle

These levels are considered to be the odd ones. They're not easy enough to be an irritation but not hard enough to cause migraines, but they seem to take pride in this. More tricks are required in addition to planning out more complex solutions.

Migraine (10 levels)

Momentum Deferred

These levels are the worst of the worst. They don't hold anything back, they bully other levels for not being as difficult, and they have no guilt in causing players to lose sleep, sanity, and hair.

Custom Music:

Download

1) Extract the files from the link above.
2) Place in a folder titled "music" (all lowercase) in the same directory as your NeoLemmix Player.
3) Enjoy!

Music List (click to show/hide)

Recommended For:

Not recommended for beginners, but a good pack for intermediate players. Some Headache and Migraine levels may give even experts a good challenge.

Special Thanks:

- DMA for creating Lemmings
- altiereslima for the skill panel
- nin10doadict for teaching me how to fix the custom music
- EricLang & ccexplore for Lemmix
- namida for NeoLemmix & Flexi Toolkit
- namida and Flopsy for their Flexi Toolkit tutorials
- Alex A. Denisov for Graphics32
- Erik Turner for ZLibEx
- Un4seen Development for Bass.dll
- The Lemmings Forums community for sharing replies and backroutes
- Volker 0th and Mindless for sharing sourcecode and information
- And YOU for playing this pack

« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:10:41 PM by Nessy »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Migration
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 12:31:22 PM »
I am deeply impressed with this pack! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I thought I will quickly go through it, as most newcomer packs tend to be on the easy side, but not here. I estimated around 1 hour to go through this, well 3 hours it was :XD:

Your level creation style reminds me a lot of Nepster here and that's a big compliment! ;)  Of course it not reaches the extreme difficulty that these levels can have.....yet. ;)

I can't wait to see what you will make out of the new skills and other tilesets!

My solution replays are attached and I will pm you more detailed feedback on every level once I get the chance, time (and mood ;)) to wirte it all down. I think this will be kind of nitpicking, as the levels are already excellent! ;P

Have fun fixing backroutes! :laugh:

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 04:13:48 PM »
I started playing the pack and it's great so far but... I'm already totally stuck in the second level of irritation, "Never getting back together". I will let you know when I finish it. :thumbsup:

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
    • Colorful Arty's Youtube Page
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 04:51:27 PM »
Excellent job on this pack! These levels really look like the result of a Lemmings pro! :thumbsup:

I just finished the first rank, and these levels are already a bit tough, and I'm pretty sure I've found some backroutes. I really look forward to playing more of this pack! :D
My Youtube channel where I let's play games with family-friendly commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRPZ5j87ft_clSRLFCESQA

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/colorfularty

My levelpack: SubLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4942.0
For Old formats NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2787.0
For SuperLemmini: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2704.0

My levelpack: ArtLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4583.0

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 07:31:21 PM »
Thank you everybody for playing through my pack and for the compliments! This means a lot coming from lemming pros like yourselves :). I actually made sure that I played through a lot of other packs in order to get an idea on what was truly possible with NeoLemmix, and sometimes just executing a solution that wasn't intentional gave me ideas as well. I also tried exploring the forums to find topics that would shed light on what people like in levels and what they don't like.

Your level creation style reminds me a lot of Nepster here and that's a big compliment! ;)  Of course it not reaches the extreme difficulty that these levels can have.....yet. ;)

Wow, I am very flattered by this :). I know that his levels are held in very high regard. I haven't played through his pack yet, but I do have plans on completing it one day even if it takes a long time to complete.

I started playing the pack and it's great so far but... I'm already totally stuck in the second level of irritation, "Never getting back together". I will let you know when I finish it. :thumbsup:

I actually wasn't expecting this level to be a major roadblock for someone. If you want I can provide a mild hint below (sorry if it's too mild). Don't give up though! I think you will find the solution to that one to be quite clever. ;)

Hint for Irritation 2 (click to show/hide)

I just finished the first rank, and these levels are already a bit tough, and I'm pretty sure I've found some backroutes.

I originally had the first rank filled with levels that were X-of-(almost)-everything where you would have maybe 5 or 8 of everything except for one skill that would only have 1 or 2. However, that was axed in favor of more-strict-on-skill-set puzzles, although I think I may have complicated some of them. I guess I didn't know my own strength ;P, but that's fine with me.

I will check the replays later on today and hopefully provide some insight on what was intentional or not. The war against backroutes begins!

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 11:57:59 PM »
Okay, here are my comments to the replies. A lot more intentional solutions than I thought, and a lot of backroutes (which was to be expected).

IchoTolot

Spoilers for Painless levels (click to show/hide)

Spoilers for Irritation levels (click to show/hide)

Spoilers for Headache levels (click to show/hide)

Spoilers for Migraine levels (click to show/hide)

Colorful Arty

Once again, thanks for the replies!

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 04:02:07 PM »
Hi Nessy, great job on those levels! I've attached my replays for the first rank as well, hope they are of some use to you :) .
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 02:00:38 AM »
Thank you Strato Incendus, but unfortunately I can't open your replies. I'm unfamiliar with the .rar format. Replies are usually saved as a .nxrp format, which can be created by pressing U when you complete a level in order to save the entire replay. Sorry about that.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 09:04:15 AM »
.rar is a file compression format similar to .zip. To open it you can use applications like 7Zip or Winrar.

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 02:32:07 PM »
Phew! Hearing that level completed jingle for the last time was so relieving! I was stuck in the last level of Migraine for ages. :D
I must say, for your first pack this is very impressive. I cant wait for more in the future. :thumbsup:

I attached my replays. I'm pretty sure that some of them are backroutes though.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 03:07:14 PM »
Thanks Nepster, and way to go Raymanni on completing the pack! :thumbsup:

I will take a look at Strato Incendus and your replies later on today. Hopefully most of them are intentional, but at the same time it will help me find the last of the backroutes before updating the pack.

By the way, in response to something IchoTolot said, I was planning on adding custom music to this pack but I didn't feel comfortable. However, I might just go ahead and see if I can get it right in the next update ;).

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 04:03:35 PM »
Very nice levels! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

My favorites are "Never getting back together" (which is a lot harder than its position suggests) and "The Abandoned Sanctuary". These have been excellent level! :thumbsup:

Replays (including backroutes) attached.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 01:03:48 AM »
Okay, I have seen all replies and here are my comments.

General Remakes

Spoiler for Headache 4 (click to show/hide)

Strato Incendus

Raymanni

Spoilers for all levels (click to show/hide)

Nepster

Spoilers for all levels (click to show/hide)

Once again, thank you everybody for the replies.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2017, 02:16:52 AM »
Me and Arty (on voice chat) streamed the first rank and some of this pack. I had a lot of fun; the levels were tricky and fun to solve.

Sadly, my voice did not record (again...) so you hear Arty talking to an imaginary person. :'(

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/170066522

the whole stream is in four parts. I have replays of everything I did here to if you'd like to see that.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2017, 02:39:21 PM »
Thanks möbius for streaming through my pack. I have to be honest: I’ve played through packs, I’ve seen people steam other people’s packs, but seeing someone stream my levels felt weird… in a good way though. ;)

I only had time to watch the first stream last night (will watch the rest today), but was too tired to write comments so I wrote them this morning:

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2017, 05:32:02 PM »
I might as well join the party here and state that you've Nessy joined just this forum two months ago and no one would've guessed that only by looking at your incredibly professional feeling levels. :thumbsup: The whole pack felt astonishingly backroute-free already in its initial release, there were literally no level that felt broken or trivial. What's even funnier is that this kind of pack pops out of nowhere (at least I didn't know it was upcoming...) and surprises the entire community, all I can ponder now is that were these really the first levels you've ever designed and didn't you even have anyone to test them in advance?

If Icho said that it took 3 hours to play this pack, I used maybe 4 hours to get through all of the 33 levels. Even though it felt a bit easy compared to levels around it, I must to admit that "The Abandoned Sanctuary" is probably my favourite level of the bunch as well, it was highly pleasant to play it. Great use of namida's Metal [EDIT: Machine, Metal is a different one :P] tileset, also! For real, there's definitely some challenge for players at all skill levels, I'd say Irritation goes already beyond Mayhem, and isn't quite like late Tricky, as the elders humbly say in the introduction. :)

Thank you, Nessy, for this rewarding Lemmings experience.

My solutions are attached.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 09:20:20 PM by Akseli »

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2017, 05:52:44 PM »
Thank you Akseli! I'll take a look at your solutions after looking at möbius's streams. :thumbsup:

The whole pack felt astonishingly backroute-free already in its initial release, there were literally no level that felt broken or trivial.

There are a lot of backroutes. A lot of them no big deal but a lot of them that are. Of course, this is to be excepted and I don't think anyone releases a pack backroute-free the first time, even if its there 5th or 10th pack ever!

What's even funnier is that this kind of pack pops out of nowhere (at least I didn't know it was upcoming...) and surprises the entire community, all I can ponder now is that were these really the first levels you've ever designed and didn't you even have anyone to test them in advance?

Nobody believes me when I say this is my first pack. I PROMISE everybody that it is. However, as for the levels a lot of them are not the first ones I created. I have a lot in my recycle bin folder that are either bad or just not creative enough. I did try to play a lot of packs while making levels in order to see what was truly possible with a game like lemmings that I would never have figured out on my own just by playing the official games, so that's why I thank the community here. These past months have been crazy for me for personal reasons, but even on really busy days I would still manage some time in creating levels even if it was setting up a terrain but not having a solution yet.

Even though it felt a bit easy compared to levels around it, I must to admit that "The Abandoned Sanctuary" is probably my favourite level of the bunch as well, it was highly pleasant to play it.

This level is a perfect example of what I was talking about. This level started off with a trivial solution, but I liked it and I just kept on figuring out a better solution to it until finally arriving at the one you see today. It didn't happen overnight.

Great use of namida's Metal tileset, also! For real, there's definitely some challenge for players at all skill levels, I'd say Irritation goes already beyond Mayhem, and isn't quite like late Tricky, as the elders humbly say in the introduction. :)

I think I'm one of the only ones that likes the Machine tileset. I like the idea of almost everything being metal because it can lead to the solution seen in Migraine 3.

As for the elders, they grew up in another era where late Tricky was considered to be the hardest thing for young and inexperienced lemmings, but as the land became harsher the challenges soon grew. ;)

But yes the difficulty curve needs some work, but my primary concern was making sure the backroutes are fixed.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 09:15:41 PM »
Final möbius stream comments. To be honest I actually wasn't excepting this pack to be so difficulty. I guess I don't know my own strength yet. :lem-shocked:

General Remarks (click to show/hide)

I forgot to mention something to Akseli in my reply to his post. I did do a lot of research around the forums to find out what people like and don't like. It helped me to avoid a lot of the pitfalls that beginners fall into sometimes when they start off, such as putting in a time limit on levels that don't really don't need them.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2017, 08:57:13 PM »
Version 2 is now available!

- 7 new levels have been added, bringing the pack to 40 levels (10 in each rank).
- Custom music.
- Backroute fixes.

I'm very happy with this pack and I'm very happy that everyone enjoyed it so much. I'm going to let it rest now regardless of what happens, with the only change being to update the pack to the new formats when the time comes.

In other news I have decided to publish something else I have been working on the side just for fun in the In Development topic. I wasn't going to publish it initially, but I was encouraged to go for it. It's coming soon...

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2017, 09:56:21 PM »
Here are my Irritation Replays, sorry to get these to you so late! I'm quite sure I backrouted a few at least mildly. Here are my comments.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4942.0

For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4583.0

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2017, 10:34:08 PM »
Thank you Colorful Arty! I'm glad you enjoyed my levels.

I still have a lot to learn about making levels. The most obvious is making a better difficulty curve. It seems that my levels hit Mayhem in the second rank and it stays there. I also tend to think that a level is going to be a hard one, but it turns out that it's easy and vice versa. I guess you can only do so much, and just being honest about it and getting feedback like this is the only way to help with that. Another thing is play testing. I did play test my levels multiple times on multiple days for backroutes, but I need to start doing it a little bit more vigorous as some backroutes I would never have found while others were so obvious and silly that I should have caught them. Well, it's the only way to grow as a level maker :). Hopefully, these are things I can work on in future packs.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2017, 11:07:02 PM »
So I've played this as far as I could, thought I may as well add my replays to the collection :P even though you're getting a lot of replays for the first rank and not many for the rest. Irritation 2 has me completely stuck; I'd like to come back to it at some point, but I really don't have much time to play packs these days.

Anyhow, comments on the first rank...

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2017, 11:14:04 PM »
Started playing this now. I've finished the first rank (they're getting hard already) and am working on the second rank (two down so far). A few things I've noticed...
Levels look very good and have clever solutions. Well done there. I've gotten stuck on a few, but nothing for too long yet, which is good. It would be really discouraging to get locked up on the first rank... I speak from experience on this one. :-[

The custom toolbar looks pretty good. I can tell what skills are what at a glance, with one glaring issue... The number '5' and the number '6' look exactly the same; they both look like fives. That's a big problem. :lem-shocked: I didn't actually notice until Irritation 3, where I thought I had 5 builders only to discover that I actually have 6.

Great music choices! I'm hearing some Skyward Sword, some Oracle of Ages, some remixes of standard Lemmings themes, some Partners in Time, some Bowser's Inside Story... :thumbsup: The songs don't loop very well, though... I like to use .ogg files and manually set up the loop with Audacity. Making it loop properly really does make it sound and feel nicer, especially when you're stuck on a tough level. Should you like, I'd be willing to teach you how. :)

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2017, 11:19:17 PM »
I was referring to Ancient Temple of the Lemming actually.

Also, I am definitely getting the updated .nxp with the music!

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2017, 12:33:32 AM »
Glad to hear everybody's feedback!

Irritation 2 has me completely stuck; I'd like to come back to it at some point, but I really don't have much time to play packs these days.

That level, In Your Wildest Dreams!, is actually a lot easier than the level that used to be Irritation 2: Never Getting Back Together, which is the most popular level so far. It was hard to place it because some people found it very easy and some very hard. It's now Irritation 4 and that's all I want to say so I don't give away spoilers.

Started playing this now. I've finished the first rank (they're getting hard already) and am working on the second rank (two down so far). A few things I've noticed...
Levels look very good and have clever solutions. Well done there. I've gotten stuck on a few, but nothing for too long yet, which is good. It would be really discouraging to get locked up on the first rank... I speak from experience on this one. :-[

I got stuck on a first rank level in Lemmings Plus Omega II. They told me it was hard and I tried it to see if it really was. Very good pack, but not for the weak. I'm still in rank 3 so I guess I'm doing good so far...

I know you don't like very hard levels so I'm just going to warn you that this pack gets very hard towards the end, but I know you can do it! :thumbsup:

The custom toolbar looks pretty good. I can tell what skills are what at a glance, with one glaring issue... The number '5' and the number '6' look exactly the same; they both look like fives. That's a big problem. :lem-shocked: I didn't actually notice until Irritation 3, where I thought I had 5 builders only to discover that I actually have 6.

That actually isn't my toolbar. I got it from a forum member named altiereslima. I gave them credit in my first post and in the actual pack. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I tweaked the numbers so they aren't confusing.

Great music choices! I'm hearing some Skyward Sword, some Oracle of Ages, some remixes of standard Lemmings themes, some Partners in Time, some Bowser's Inside Story... :thumbsup: The songs don't loop very well, though... I like to use .ogg files and manually set up the loop with Audacity. Making it loop properly really does make it sound and feel nicer, especially when you're stuck on a tough level. Should you like, I'd be willing to teach you how. :)

The looping does suck... that's why I was hesitate the first time around to add custom music. Even now it still needs a lot of work. I'll go ahead and play around with Audacity, and if I need help I'm glad you offered to help. Thanks :).

I was referring to Ancient Temple of the Lemming actually.

Also, I am definitely getting the updated .nxp with the music!

Oh okay, and you should definitely try the updated .nxp, there are 7 new levels that I added to bring the pack up to 40 levels instead of the awkward 33 ;P.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2017, 12:36:45 AM »
Next three levels solved... and stuck again on "An Incident in the Mine". I have a solution that saves 24, but I can't see how to convert that into a win. Incidentally, you need to check the post-level texts for this pack; I shouldn't be seeing "Right on! You can't get any closer than that" after a fail.

Comments on levels:

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2017, 01:04:31 AM »
Incidentally, you need to check the post-level texts for this pack; I shouldn't be seeing "Right on! You can't get any closer than that" after a fail.

Wow, that's embarrassing. I'll fix that and republish it in my first post as V2.1

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2017, 06:01:48 PM »
Attached new replays for the level, where the update broke the old one. A lot of the solutions that previously looked very backroutish now have a good chance to be (close) to intended. Still I have a few special comments:
Never getting back together: I still consider this harder than most of Headache.
The Abandoned Sanctuary: I liked the old version better. Basically the same solution still works, but getting the two climbers where they have to be now takes a rather hackish trick.
We're coming home: This now feels a lot more like a standard solution, than the one I found in the first version.
Firework Chamber: The beginning is pretty precise on timing the lemmings from the left-most three hatches. Getting this right required a lot of fiddling around. The first version was better in that regard.

PS: At first I read "Pointless" instead of "Painless" for the rank name ;P

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2017, 11:08:29 PM »
Thank you for the replies Nepster. I'm going to look at them tomorrow or the next day.

A quick comment I can tell you right now is that if the trick in The Abandoned Sanctuary for the two climbers to stay at the top of the ledge feels hackish I can always tweak the terrain to fix it so it feels more natural. That's no problem at all. That was the original solution I had for that level, but I changed it in version 1 and then changed it back in version 2.

In Firework Chamber the timing for the left hatches was supposed to be precise but not that precise, but I guess it's worst than I thought. I'll see what I can do about that.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2017, 12:43:05 AM »

Proxima, I'll check your replies next :).

Online joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2017, 07:18:44 PM »
I solved all of the levels.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2017, 07:32:27 PM »
Nice job! I'll take a look at your replies later on today. Right now I'm going to update the custom music.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2017, 07:41:34 PM »
I have fixed the custom music using the program nin10doadict mentioned. Thanks again! :thumbsup:
- All custom music files are now .ogg files
- Loops have been fixed

Offline nin10doadict

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2017, 01:12:22 AM »
The music changes are definitely a step in the right direction, but there's still some improvement to be made. ;) Here's a few tips for you.

Firstly, you can use 'Stereo track to Mono' from the Tracks menu to convert the song to a single track. It sounds almost the same but reduces the filesize, and makes it easier to work with.

Secondly, metadata tags. You don't have to have the loop start at the beginning of the track and end at the end. By using metadata tags, you can avoid losing the intro to songs like Gritzy Desert.

To do this, you'll first want to click the arrow next to one of the selection viewer windows at the bottom so that you can view the selection position in samples as opposed to minutes and seconds. The metadata tag uses samples, so you'll need these numbers.

Next, find a point in the song that makes for a good starting point for your loop. It can be a part that's easy for your ear to recognize, or a part where the waveform stands out somehow. Once you've selected that point, make note of what sample number it's at. I like to have a .txt file open to record these numbers. To really make your loop sound pristine and hard to detect, pick a point of zero amplitude on the waveform.

Do the same thing with finding the endpoint to the loop and again, make note of which sample number that's at. You can use Ctrl+1 to zoom in and Ctrl+3 to zoom out, so you can pick points precisely.

To test your loop, highlight the whole section of the loop, hold Shift, then click play. This will play the selection and loop it when it reaches the end; ideally, you won't even be able to hear when the loop happens.

Once you've got the whole loop section picked out, note the length of the loop in samples. The endpoint doesn't actually matter; what you need is the start point and the length.

If you want, you can trim off any section beyond the loop to cut down the filesize. (You should also trim the start so there isn't dead space before the start of the song.) Another good idea is to amplify the whole track to match the amplitude of the other songs you're using so that the volume is streamlined. It's nice when you don't have one song that's way too loud or way too quiet.

Once that's all done and you have the start point and loop length, you're ready to export. Use Export Audio (from the File menu) and you'll get the option to add metadata tags. Add two tags and call them LOOPSTART and LOOPLENGTH. For their values, enter the values that you recorded earlier. Export the file and it should work in game!

I've attached the Skull Dungeon theme after I reworked it by following these steps so you can see what it looks like when it's done. It seems like a lot at first, but with a bit of practice it becomes pretty easy. I may not be able to beat people's tough levels, but I can make sure they have high quality music! :thumbsup:

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2017, 01:58:04 PM »
Thank you nin10doadict for taking the time to write all of this useful information for me :thumbsup: I'm going to work on this today if I have some time, and I'll make you proud. I guess I can make good levels, but sound editing is something I need a lot more practice on :-[.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2017, 02:32:18 PM »
Okay, so I was able to do a quick one right now. I attached my fixed .ogg file used in the final level.

Offline nin10doadict

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2017, 05:46:22 PM »
Nicely done! Sounds really good. :thumbsup:
Do remember to trim off anything that comes after the end of the loop though. You don't even have to be that precise about it, just make sure you don't cut out anything inside the loop. By trimming off the excess at the end of that file I cut the filesize nearly in half without affecting the song at all. It's nice to do this because it makes downloading it faster and just takes up less space in general.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2017, 03:28:45 AM »
Finally got around to fixing and trimming all of the custom music. The link in the original post has been updated. It should now be more enjoyable and pleasant to the ear, especially on the harder levels ;P

Once again, thanks nin10doadict for all your help! :)

Offline nin10doadict

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2017, 07:00:43 PM »
You're welcome! Looks like you've got the music thing nailed down now, which is great.
Been jumping around through the levels a bit. Some of the rank 2 levels still elude me, but I finished Headache 1 and 8. Nice trickery with the blocker in Kings of the Castle.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2017, 03:47:53 AM »
Glad to hear your enjoying the levels and that you're almost done with Headache! The difficulty curve is still a little wacky so if you don't mind, and if you feel like it, can you tell me which Rank 2 levels are giving you trouble? There are some Rank 2 levels that have mixed opinions on how difficult they are and I would like your input on that.
The levels in question are... (click to show/hide)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2017, 11:44:59 AM »
Sorry I've been overlooking the recently released Lemmings packs due to being busy with the SEB Lems release.

Arty and Proxima were in IRC the other day and were stuck on Irritation 2 and Irritation 5 from this pack. I jumped on the pack to have a look at these 2 levels specifically.

I solved the levels quite quickly but I was really impressed at how good they are.

So for this reason, I've decided this pack will be my next Let's Play when I return to Lemmings following my Sonic 25th Anniversary tribute on my YT channel.
I don't know when exactly this will be but I'll post in here when I do start it :)

PS Attached my replays to Irritation 2 and 5 as well

(I still intend to finish Lemmingbytes however LPV may be abandoned due to the pack being too hard on final rank and plus namida is probably not going to see any subsequent videos I make, I may carry on with this if he ever returns however)

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2017, 10:21:35 PM »
Hey Flopsy, sorry for taking so long to respond to this as some personal stuff came up and I was trying to get the new NeoLemmix applications uploaded.

First off, it would be an honor if you did an LP of my pack :). I know that when people do LPs they don't sit down and think about what they are going to say, they just say it and that's pretty good feedback in my opinion. Plus it's strangely fun watching all the attempts a person makes on a level instead of the final and successful attempt.

As for the custom music you shouldn't have any problems if you choose to use it. It's just 3D Lemmings and Nintendo music. The latter is at more risk, but it shouldn't happen.

I definitely recommend finishing LemmingBytes. It does get tough at the end, but not as much as some of the later Lemmings Plus entries.

I really need to try participating in the IRC chat one day. I was too shy at first, but I think I'm ready now.

Offline nin10doadict

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2017, 02:19:02 AM »
I would dive into the IRC chat if I had any idea how it worked...
As for the Irritation levels that have me stuck:
I just realized I've cleared 19/40 levels so far. If I can beat one more I'm gonna call that a victory. :P

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2017, 02:52:16 AM »
For nin10doadict (click to show/hide)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2017, 03:02:30 AM »
I would dive into the IRC chat if I had any idea how it worked...

It's simple nin10doadict, it really is not as bad as it sounds. You're welcome as well Nessy of course! :)
Just go to this site, it's just a chat room contained in a webpage.

http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=lix,neolemmix

If you use this link then the channels are already entered in for you. This will join 2 chats at once, if you only want to join the NeoLemmix or just the Lix then delete the other one as appropriate.
All you have to do is enter your nickname and press join, you don't need to make an account or anything like that (ignore the Log into Q option, you don't need to use that).

The IRC chat tends to be at its busiest in the evening times, if you log in late at night then there won't be many people in there so don't get discouraged if you log in and there's hardly anyone there just try another time.

I've noticed a lot of people trying to use the IRC for the first time in the past, they log in at the quiet times and they think it's always like that and then don't come back.
To give you an idea, the IRC tends to go quiet about 3 hours before the time of this post.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2017, 03:15:56 AM »
First off, it would be an honor if you did an LP of my pack :). I know that when people do LPs they don't sit down and think about what they are going to say, they just say it and that's pretty good feedback in my opinion. Plus it's strangely fun watching all the attempts a person makes on a level instead of the final and successful attempt.

As for the custom music you shouldn't have any problems if you choose to use it. It's just 3D Lemmings and Nintendo music. The latter is at more risk, but it shouldn't happen.

I definitely recommend finishing LemmingBytes. It does get tough at the end, but not as much as some of the later Lemmings Plus entries.

I've got Nintendo music on my channel, it just tends to get flagged but doesn't result in muted videos. They only seem interested in the latest games when it comes to music flagging I've noticed. I have Splatoon videos on my channel and they are getting flagged left, right and centre.

I tend to respect the pack creator's music choices most of the time, the only time I changed the music was when I played LP Omega, LPIV and LPV because the playthroughs were really long and lacked music variety.

I'm going to continue LPV off video and show my replay solutions when I've solved the remainder of Outrageous. Hopefully I will record more Lemmingbytes in the coming weeks!

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2017, 03:21:45 AM »
Great! I think I might try tomorrow. I took a look at the documentations and one thing I noticed was that I found more negative criticism about my pack there. I wonder why nobody posted that much about it here, as I love to hear the good and the bad. For example, someone mentioned what their least favorite level was and how the solution could have been implemented better. I would love to hear how so that I can improve in the future ???. Seriously, I love that constructive criticism.

I've got Nintendo music on my channel, it just tends to get flagged but doesn't result in muted videos. They only seem interested in the latest games when it comes to music flagging I've noticed. I have Splatoon videos on my channel and they are getting flagged left, right and centre.

The most recent I have is from around 2012, so maybe it will still get flagged. I don't know. Regardless you can always use your own custom music. I have absolutely no problem with that :).

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2017, 03:37:03 AM »
Great! I think I might try tomorrow. I took a look at the documentations and one thing I noticed was that I found more negative criticism about my pack there. I wonder why nobody posted that much about it here, as I love to hear the good and the bad. For example, someone mentioned what their least favorite level was and how the solution could have been implemented better. I would love to hear how so that I can improve in the future ???. Seriously, I love that constructive criticism.

I think there seems to be a fine line between what people will say in the IRC and what is said on the forums. I wouldn't take it personally :)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2017, 10:18:51 PM »
My solution to Irritation 6, this HAS to be a backroute!

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2017, 08:47:45 PM »
That was me who made the comment. And to put into context, my IRC comment was not meant as a negative criticism. Every pack has some least favorite level, but that doesn't mean it is a bad level in any way. I was just advising Proxima (who got stuck on this level), that compared to your other levels, he wouldn't miss too much if he skipped that level.
As you seem to like criticism, I will do my worst and write down all the bad things I can think of: :P

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2017, 10:59:35 PM »
First video of my playthrough has just gone up on YouTube just now :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4cG5aNcVy4&feature=youtu.be

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2017, 07:20:46 PM »
First video of my playthrough has just gone up on YouTube just now :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4cG5aNcVy4&feature=youtu.be

Awesome :thumbsup:. I will take a look at it later on today. Thanks!

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2017, 11:41:33 PM »
Here are my replays for rank 2.

Not sure what Nepster was on about :P When I came back to 2-6, I found the solution fairly quickly and it was a really nice one! The remaining levels each had me stuck for a little while but not too long. Really good pack so far! :thumbsup:

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2017, 10:29:45 PM »
My solutions for Migration V2.1, didn't yet solve Migraine 2: The Abandoned Sanctuary, Migraine 4: Six Days Without An Accident and Migraine 10: One Way Civilization. This replay package doesn't include replays for those levels that my earlier replays solved again in V2.1.

Headache3: Prisoners and Headache 6: You Know The Drill I solved later than other levels in the first 3,5 ranks, I found those tricky but I loved the solutions I finally found for them! :thumbsup: Also Irritation 5: An Incident In The Mine felt a bit hard for its place.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2017, 02:26:51 AM »
Thank you everybody for the replies :thumbsup:. I will take a look at them and give you my detailed comments about each replay (especially for you Akseli like I promised in chat ;)).

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2017, 12:45:50 PM »
Not sure if it's just me but the preview pictures in the first post of this topic are not showing up for me Nessy.

Just getting the X's instead.

My youtube playthrough is upto where I am in the level pack now. I still have not started the Headache rank.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2017, 05:20:29 PM »
Not sure if it's just me but the preview pictures in the first post of this topic are not showing up for me Nessy.

Just getting the X's instead.

Thank you Flopsy for catching that error. The screenshots should be fixed now :).

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2017, 04:26:28 PM »
Okay, so I finally watched the replies. Sorry that it took me so long :(. I'm very bad at remembering to do it so thanks for your patience.

If I don't mention a level it's because the solution to that level is intended or acceptable.

Akseli (click to show/hide)

Proxima (click to show/hide)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2017, 09:31:39 PM »
Got some more replays for you! I'd struggled with Headache 1 last time I tried it, but today I got it really quickly, and after that, once I got into these, none of them were too much trouble. Prisoners was hard, I took a while to spot the last trick even after getting the rest of the solution. You Know the Drill was really easy, there wasn't much available to try except the correct solution 8-) and I saved 100% in The Depths, a level that Flopsy said he struggled with.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2017, 03:44:20 PM »
Thank you Proxima for the replays :):

Comments (click to show/hide)

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2017, 03:53:57 PM »
Small Update:

- The mysterious bug with the skill panel where "5" would display instead of "6" has been finally fixed.

- The solution to "The Abandoned Sanctuary" has been changed back to its original solution. It is now far too easy to be in the final rank, but the old solution is more elegant and that is more important to me. I am planning on reordering the levels based off of the additional feedback received anyway.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2017, 03:31:20 PM »
Wafflem will be streaming Lemmings Migration this Friday, October 27 at 23:30 UTC / 19:30 EST (7:30 PM).

https://www.twitch.tv/wafflemm

Hope to see you there :D

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2017, 10:30:17 PM »
Just bumping this up for those of you who are interested in watching Wafflem stream this pack.

https://www.twitch.tv/wafflemm

It starts in one hour ;)

Offline eddiecochran

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2017, 02:49:25 PM »
Hats off. I'm not a pro but IMHO you are a brilliant (but also very nasty ;) ) level designer. I love your work. I'm midway through the Headache levels and they give me headache for real. They make original Lemmings Mayhem levels look like a cakewalk. ;)

The only one I'm not so excited about is your idea to reordering the levels. I guess this would make it really hard to further assign the (subsequently older) v2 replay files. And I fairly need them (at least to counter-check my solution).

BTW: What do you think about my solutions for Irritation 6 and Headache 4? Like it? Acceptable or backroutes?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 03:12:46 PM by eddiecochran »

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2017, 01:12:03 AM »
Hi eddiecochran, welcome to the forums!

Thanks for playing my levels and I'm glad you enjoyed them :)

Don't worry about the reordering. I'm happy with where this level pack is, so even though the difficulty curve is still wacky I'm happy with the pack overall and that's more important for me. To be honest there are some levels that no longer meet my approval so I'm planning on taking the best and adding them in a separate pack with lots of new levels and leave this one as is.

As for your replays... (click to show/hide)

P.S.: Since your new here is a link to many more fan-made packs -> Lemmings & Lix Fangame List

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2017, 01:46:10 PM »
Ah, a best-of pack? Thought about doing that as well ;) . I just wasn't sure whether that would be considered "selling old wine in new bottles".

But with Lemmings Redux having just been released, I guess it makes sense for creators of several packs to do a "redux" of their own stuff, adding all the best puzzles together. Having done only two packs so far, it's a little early for me to go there. But I have two further projects in planning, and once both of them are finished, bringing the total number of packs up to four, why not?

I'll have to take a look at Migration again; I got stuck on "An incident in the mine", which, as Flopsy's LP has shown me now, was down to a too skill-costly method of crowd control. With that one out of the way, let's see how far I get!
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2017, 01:56:02 PM »
Ah, a best-of pack? Thought about doing that as well ;) . I just wasn't sure whether that would be considered "selling old wine in new bottles".

Feel free to put levels from your released packs into your newer packs.

Please don't think you have to put entirely new levels in each pack.

Mobilems II was an update to the first Mobilems pack according to Mobius.

I'll have to take a look at Migration again; I got stuck on "An incident in the mine", which, as Flopsy's LP has shown me now, was down to a too skill-costly method of crowd control. With that one out of the way, let's see how far I get!

Glad to see my videos of the Migration pack are helping others in solving the levels :)

Offline eddiecochran

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2017, 09:34:46 PM »
P.S.: Since your new here is a link to many more fan-made packs -> Lemmings & Lix Fangame List
Thx for the link - I saw that already. Phew! So many levels to solve, so little time. Think I had to delay most of them to my retirement. ;)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2017, 01:46:43 PM »
Just was resolving single levels that were stuck in my head for LOTY 2017 and I found one glaring backroute for Migrane 03 and I would like to get information about if my solution to Migrane 09 is intended.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2017, 03:58:10 PM »
Hi IchoTolot! Sorry for yet another delay in getting back to you :(

Migraine 3 is a backroute, but I already have the fixed version on my computer that hasn't been added to the main pack yet. I attached it below. The same intended solution is present; only the styling is different in places to avoid some precision and backroutes without using a lot of steel (it might also be slightly easier now, but that's fine. Quality is more important to me as I can always move it down a rank).

Migraine 9 is one of the intended solutions, but is now the only intended solution because I don't like the other one anymore.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2018, 03:11:19 AM »
Version 2.3 is out!

A lot of updates have been made (anything in bold represents a major change)

Changelog (click to show/hide)

Up next... converting this pack to work on new formats :)

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2018, 10:01:03 PM »
A new format version of this pack (for NeoLemmix 12.0.1) is now available!

Overall conversation wasn't too bad:
- Mineshaft levels that required using a fake exit object for decoration now just use regular terrain.
- Only two levels in the first rank needed a terrain ceiling to compensate the new deadly ceiling behavior.

All levels have been tested and successful completed. Any thoughts or concerns please let me know :)

Online joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2018, 04:14:45 AM »
I finished the Painless and Irritation ranks.

Online joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2018, 11:06:30 PM »
I finished the Headache rank.

Online joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2018, 04:04:49 AM »
I finished the Migraine rank.

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2018, 11:42:23 PM »
So, I've finally managed to solve a good chunk of this pack in one fell swoop! :party:

I skipped the level I got stuck on the last time ("An incident in the mine") at first - this one was really hiding in plain sight, relying on a trick I myself like to use very often.

Some remarks to single levels:

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 08:35:46 AM by Strato Incendus »
My packs so far:

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2018, 01:00:14 PM »
Finished at last! :)

I had a much higher motivation of trying to finish this pack than any of the others I was playing - partly due to its more accessible length, but also due to the nature of the levels: These more restricted, few-skill challenges are much more to my taste than navigating through huge level landscapes while effectively just trying to do resource conservation.

Perhaps that makes the pack slightly "easier" than the others, or it's just my perception because it's more rewarding - that's the magic mixture of "challenging, but not annoying" :) . Few other custom packs have managed to strike that balance for me so far; most of them, once the easy levels are over, quickly proceed to annoying the hell out of me :evil: . Lemmings Migration was a very pleasant surprise in this regard! :thumbsup:

It was still slightly too hard for me, but only barely so. On the Headache and Migraine rank, I usually got about 90-95% of the solution correct pretty quickly by myself, but then always found myself one skill short, or not knowing about a trick that could be done here, and had to look to Flopsy's LP for that final step to completion.

I also learned some interesting new tricks this way - although the most revolutionary one, the basher-blocker turnaround, apparently wasn't intended ;) , so I actually learned that trick from Flopsy, not from the levels itself - which I consequently started enforcing in my own levels.

Lemmings Migration has thus contributed hugely to the development of Lemmings World Tour, and I have to thank you for that! :thumbsup:

Single level remarks (always the most fun part about giving reviews :D ):

The main and only criticism of this pack is one you've already heard in my Level Design thread "levels relying on tricks"; in this regard, Lemmings Migration also influenced Lemmings World Tour, albeit in a different way, meaning that I have now created more trick-teaching levels specifically for that reason.

Whenever I have a level requiring a trick from the player which I consider somewhat obscure, there is now another level demonstrating that trick to make sure the player knows this option exists in general. Hopefully, putting loads of other levels with completely different demands in between will help hiding the solution of the later levels in plain sight, then :) .

I'm not that much referring to the apparently unintended basher blocker-turnaround here, but mainly to the other tricks like the "inside a tunnel-turnaround", or "building over a digger hole" etc., which apparently are part of the intended solutions indeed ;) .

The pixel precision on "Six days without an accident" shouldn't be regarded as too grave of a criticism of the pack as a whole. ;) Sometimes levels can just become unintentionally precise, as I experienced myself with Lemmicks's "Do not fear". It's simply one level I'd strongly suggest to make a little more lenient ;) , unless that somehow poses a danger to the solution, which I don't see at the moment, though.

My replays are attached. I would like to still give the original Migraine 10 a try, which you have removed from the pack (and I deleted the older iteration from my hard drive, unfortunately) - but I've seen the solution on Flopsy's channel anyway, I just don't remember that much of it, so it might still be somewhat of a challenge.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 01:26:19 PM by Strato Incendus »
My packs so far:

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2018, 08:32:19 PM »
Thanks Strato Incendus so much for all your detailed feedback and comments! :thumbsup:

I apologize that it seems to have taken forever to respond in this thread. To be honest I have been feeling unmotivated to fix this pack and I think it's because I really want to add a lot of stuff into it like new levels but conflicted if it should just be another pack or a major update of this one. I thought I made up my mind but I'm still going back and forth :'( I just don't really like the sudden spike in difficulty and I want to take out one or two levels but I have to replace them and it's just a whole mess there :(

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2018, 10:37:18 PM »
Short answer: If you want your levels to receive attention, create a new pack! :D

If you merely update an old pack of yours, people who have completed it already probably won't feel like returning to it - partly because they already know all the rest, and it's really just like playing additional single levels; partly because it feels like the creator is shifting the goal posts, resetting the player's status on the pack to "not completed" again :) .

Ask yourself how many people actually revisit levels after they have been backroute-fixed. ;) It's not just a pain to look for a new solution, but also there's usually a bunch of levels in between that have remained exactly the same. The worst part for the player is when the level order is changed, because then the old replays won't work, or have to be tried arbitrarily and possibly renamed - but the solutions themselves still aren't anything new.
My packs so far:

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2018, 10:06:35 PM »
I played the new format version of this hit level pack, my solutions for all the 40 levels are attached. :)

My initial go at this pack here, my second go at V2.1 here.

Comments (contain spoilers):

« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 07:44:34 PM by Akseli »

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2018, 07:52:37 PM »
Thanks for playing again Akseli! :thumbsup:

Comments (click to show/hide)

@Strato your replays are next. Sorry for completely forgetting about them :(

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2020, 11:08:55 AM »
Hi Nessy,

I just finished your first pack Lemmings Migration, and so I just wanted to send you my replays. I know you're not on as much these days, but I hope to see you around here sometime and get to know you some more. Other than your Contest #21 R3 entry, this is the very first time I have ever played levels by you. I also did an LP on this pack, and I will provide you a link to it once I get my videos uploaded to my Youtube. I asked the community what was a good first level pack to LP, and Proxima and Strato both recommended your pack Lemmings Migration. Hence why I decided to LP it. I will provide you a link as soon as it's uploaded and ready. I absolutely enjoyed my experience recording my very first LP for a pack, and so I will definitely be doing more in the future :) Who knows, I might even LP your Lemmings Destination pack in the future.

Like Icho, I thought I would be able to cruise through this pack easily, this being your first pack and all, especially considering that I just recently completed Lemmings United, but nope! Immediately at the start of the pack I was stumped. I can guarantee that the first video should provide much amusement and laughter hearing how I was already stumped for a few minutes on the very first level, Painless 1. There was at least 1 or 2 levels that managed to stump me good in each rank. Both the Painless and Irritation ranks I LPed in one video, and they ended up being about an hour long. The Headache and Migraine ranks both span multiple videos. I think completion of the pack was about 8 or 9 hours, so more than double the length Icho took to complete it.

Regarding this level pack, I absolutely enjoyed your pack! :thumbsup: This is a very well-done, high quality first pack. So many great levels here! Some of the levels were hard, but nothing I couldn't handle, even if some took me a while to figure out, as evidenced by the multiple videos on a few levels in my LP. I admit even the Headache and Migraine ranks got me a bit scared, but I ended up liking so many of them :) There were some fiddly levels that I wasn't too much of a fan of, but they are far and few in between, and the many great levels in the pack more than outweigh that issue.

Now feedback on some of the levels.

With this, I have to commend you for giving even someone like me who managed to beat Lemmings United after so much struggling a good run of my level solving abilities. Once again, very well done with this pack, and I look forward to playing your other pack Lemmings Destination in the future. Also, I'll send you a link of my LP of Lemming Migration as soon as my videos are uploaded and ready ;)

edit: Ok, my entire LP of your pack is now ready and uploaded to my Youtube.

edit 2: Removed the link to my LP in this post. I have the new updated link in my new post below.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 07:53:36 PM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2020, 07:52:50 PM »
I went back and added chapters to each video of the Lemmings Migration LP. New updated link to the LP is here: Kaywhyn's First LP of a Lemmings level pack: Lemmings Migration. Enjoy! ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2020, 01:05:27 AM »
Quote from: kaywhyn
I just finished your first pack Lemmings Migration, and so I just wanted to send you my replays. I know you're not on as much these days, but I hope to see you around here sometime and get to know you some more.

Hey @kaywhyn! Thank you so much for all the kind words and feedback :thumbsup: I will definitely be going over all of your feedback and your LP of the pack this week :) I look forward to it and I'll try to comment on the videos directly as I go.

Also yeah I haven't been very active lately (hence completely missing this message). Just a lot of real life stresses that have really burned me out a little bit and I hope to change this before the year ends by finally finishing my long overdue update of Lemmings Destination, so hopefully if you were still interested in playing it in the future it'll be ready to go!

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2020, 01:24:34 AM »
Hey @kaywhyn! Thank you so much for all the kind words and feedback :thumbsup: I will definitely be going over all of your feedback and your LP of the pack this week :) I look forward to it and I'll try to comment on the videos directly as I go.

So awesome hearing from you, Nessy! :thumbsup: I had such a blast when I was doing my LP of your Lemmings Migration pack that I decided definitively that I'll be doing more LPs in the future. It's interesting, because I decided to get into LPing just for the fun and experience. No one had ever told or asked if I ever considered LPing level packs. I simply decided to personally get into it just because I thought it would be a lot of fun. Just as I thought, I enjoy it so much. Plus, I'm sure the community would love to hear and see how someone like me approaches level solving, since the consensus around here appears to be that the community regards me as one of the top solvers. Well, I'm more than happy to share my solutions online in the forums AND on my Youtube and my expertise in level solving. I provided you the link to my LP above. Finally, I feel this community could always use more LPers.

Also yeah I haven't been very active lately (hence completely missing this message). Just a lot of real life stresses that have really burned me out a little bit and I hope to change this before the year ends by finally finishing my long overdue update of Lemmings Destination, so hopefully if you were still interested in playing it in the future it'll be ready to go!

Lemmings Destination is definitely on my to-play list at some point, so rest assured that I will definitely be giving your sequel level pack a go. I might even consider LPing it too, but for now, for the next few LPs I do, I have decided to LP a couple more small packs before moving on to larger packs, like your Destination pack, to LP. A pretty good and reasonable strategy, I think, especially to first ease oneself into the LP experience and to test the waters before deciding to do more if it ends up being very enjoyable, like it has been for me.

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2021, 02:08:54 PM »
Hi,

I decided to give this pack a try, recommended by Kaywhyn :) I quickly played through the lower two ranks. Since I'm a fan of small levels, I think this a very good pack so far - not trivial, but also not too difficult. The music is also pretty decent. I probably backrouted some levels, such as Irritation 3,5 and 7.

All my solutions can be found on my yt-channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOahFY7zAWCoGpKOQdUf7mw

Offline LemFan

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2021, 03:14:01 PM »
ok solved the pack. I didn't think any level was difficult really, although I think I backrouted most (way too many skills left)