Author Topic: [NewFormatNL] Clammings  (Read 4514 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: [NewFormatNL] Clammings
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2018, 02:40:27 am »
@Josh; thanks! will look at these soon
----
The following levels are out of order; [this is how they should've appeared]

Arcane 4 - Interval Training
Arcane 5 - A step two far?
Arcane 14 - Over and Under and Out

I don't know how this happened but I'll fix it for the next update.
"All things are empty... Whoever can see this no longer needs anything to attain."
-The Heart Sutra

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-the Dude

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 01:02:23 am »
Update: Some changes to music, and backroute fixes. See first post for full change log. Note that there's been an update to the music pack.

Thanks to joshescue for replays. Only Insane 4 was altered; the others were acceptable alternate solutions.
"All things are empty... Whoever can see this no longer needs anything to attain."
-The Heart Sutra

-the Dude

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 04:08:39 am »
How about this?

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, 10:28:50 pm »
that's intended, nice job :thumbsup:
-The Heart Sutra

-the Dude

Offline Nessy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2018, 12:37:25 am »
:8(): I finished Humane and Arcane! :8():

Comments (click to show/hide)

Offline Nessy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2018, 09:44:25 pm »
:8(): I finished the first 16 levels of Insane! :8():

Offline Nessy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2018, 10:54:10 pm »
:8(): I finished the last of Insane! :8():

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2018, 01:00:15 am »
Version 6 update:

Fixed an issue with the custom skill panel not displaying correctly. Thanks to Icho and Nessy for pointing this out.

backroutes:

I mistakenly thought I already looked at these latest replays by Nessy (a while ago) but I didn't!!
Thanks to Wafflem for reminding me (and Nessy for these replays)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 12:44:35 pm by mobius »
-The Heart Sutra

-the Dude

Offline Akseli

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2018, 09:33:51 pm »
Thanks mobius and Wafflem for this NeoLemmix pack of Clam's best stuff! :thumbsup:

I attached my solutions so far, solved 70/75, still remaining Insane 10, 20, 22, 24 and 25. I've played Clam's Lemmix packs 5 or so years ago, and now found some of the solutions I hadn't yet solved. :) I haven't touched ClamLix, those levels were new for me.

Here's Clam's packs in the Lemmings level database with level pictures. Levels from Lemmix packs that aren't in Clammings are:

- The Square Route of Lemmings (1-4)
- Singular Squish (1-9)
- Brick Replacement Therapy (2-7)
- Stay Out of the Pool!!! (2-10)
- RABBIX (3-2)
- Pillars of Hades (3-7)
- Rise Through the Ranks (4-2)
- Dropout (4-8)
- Singular Squish II (6-1)
- Digger convergence (6-4)
- 11 Xmas levels out of 13. Spiralling Snowstorm and Santa's Workshop are there, and they're real puzzles, others seem to be technical levels.
- Both CSTame packs. Ridiculous and technical solutions to already existing ONML levels.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with these levels that didn't make the cut, some of them have solutions that need original game mechanics, but most of them aren't that interesting. One okay level could have been ClamSpamXmas09 level 1: "Happy New Year: The Reversal!" but the three Christmas levels that are in Clammings already are perfect.

Then, ClamSpam05 and its repeats. Here's Clam's original post for challenge solutions in his pack. Did you mobius or Wafflem take these from here or where did you find them? Pretty nice. Advanced Altitude Training and OH NO! MORE WEE CREATURES, did you come up with these modified names yourselves?

The repeat for Lem Squared is named Square Squabble, that's in ClamLix and has the layout of Clammings Insane21: The Square Route of Lemming. The Square Route of Lemming was the title of ClamSpam01 level 4, that's not in the pack. These issues shouldn't matter too much, I'm just pointing them out if you weren't aware of them.
- Insane 14: Box of tricks - This level title is from a ClamLix level, that's somewhat similar to this (repeat for Circus lemmings in training), I guess.
- Arcane 13: A step two far? - Even 5 blockers are removed (from the original level) which makes this level even more hard and interesting, challenge solution was "just" save 100% with no builders.
- Guns Blazing challenge is seemingly "no bashers". There isn't this repeat in Clammings, but I have to say I don't have the slightest clue how that should be solvable.
- The other challenges aren't that interesting and they don't need to be in Clammings, yep.

More comments:

- Humane9: Web 3.0 - I can't find this from my laptop, but I'd recall it was 3-of-everything level, so it's been changed for Clammings?

- Humane18: Works on so many levels... - The decoration on the sides has been removed, even though all the other levels have most of the decoration.

- Humane22: Altitude Training - The one-way wall is missing, intended?

- Arcane10: About Face! - This level has changed somehow (in addition to welcome decoration), the steel blocks are attached to terrain and the lemmings are climbers by default, are these changes supposed to decrease multitasking?

- Insane7: Spiralling Snowstorm and 17: Santa's Workshop - Ooh, I love the song here and in addition, these two levels are absolutely fantastic! :thumbsup:

- Insane10: Urban-Ledge End - The song doesn't loop, it's all quiet after few minutes. :P

- Insane17: Santa's Work Shop - Why is the time limit 25 minutes, is there a funny story for this? :P

Finally some spoilery comments on the levels:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh yeah, and one more question: Do you know Clam's intended solutions for sure?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:49:08 pm by Akseli »

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2018, 12:09:45 am »
Thanks for all the comments! I will look over the replays when I can. (It may take me a while!)

We used the (or based on) the challenges from that link you posted.
We (mostly wafflem) came up with new names.
It's my belief that the "no bashers" is a typo on Clam's part. His own replays for that pack reveal his challenge solutions and in that level I think he uses no bombers, so he probably meant bombers instead of bashers. In any case I just didn't feel a repeat of this one was worth it.

Yes, Humane9 was changed.

Humane 22: yes; this is the easier version (with multiple solutions).

Arcane 10: these changes were necessary if the level was to be included; in the original there are gaps which bashers avoid but also need to be dropped through in that intended solution. This behavior no longer works in NL.

Insane10: Thanks for pointing that out! I'll look into it!

Insane17: The time limit is supposed to give a subtle hint to part of the solution (having to wait a while for lemmings to sync up). I might shorten it a bit thought since it's way more than necessary.

No; I am not 100% certain of Clam's intended solutions for sure because he's no longer active.
-The Heart Sutra

-the Dude