Author Topic: [NL 12.7.0+] Lemmings Destination [Difficulty: Medium-Very Hard]  (Read 16019 times)

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
[NL 12.7.0+] Lemmings Destination [Difficulty: Medium-Very Hard]
« on: December 25, 2019, 04:17:58 AM »
First off... Merry Christmas!

And with that I proudly announce the official release of my new pack.

Lemmings Destination

A new pack of Lemmings levels from the mind of a lunatic that promises a unique and mind-boggling pack of adventure, romance, and salvation.

Can you guide your favorite rodents through 100 new levels filled with dangerous traps and locations from the literal burning pits of hell to morally questionable factories... all under a kick-butt soundtrack.

Music Installation

This pack contains optional custom music. Extract directly into your main NeoLemmix folder.

Warnings

The creator of this pack is not responsible for the following:

- Loss of hair
- Loss of sleep
- Loss of sanity
- Elevator music
- Corrupted data (???)

Story

Almost 200 years after "The Great Lemming Migration" and its story is now a mere legend that only a handful of elders can remember inaccurately. Regardless, our cute little rodents have accomplished grand things in the meantime. They have build a new metropolis from the ground up that serves as a sanctuary to all Lemmings from around the world. A sanctuary to all lemmings who wish to escape the mysterious "cataclysm" and to escape the on-going need to solve puzzles in dangerous landscapes just to migrate to warmer climates. It's time to go beyond survival and reach one destination that will end all destinations.

Difficulties

This pack is divided into seven ranks:

1. Helium (Easy levels)

Rock Is Mine

These levels are nice and light, and you may simply float through them. Don't get too comfortable though, as these levels aren't complete pushovers. X-of-everything levels are rare as your first simple puzzles with limited skills will be presented right away!

2. Neon (Tricky levels)

You Belong With Me

Now the neon glow of menacing difficulty will begin. These levels are some more simple puzzles with limited skills, but solutions require a little bit more thinking now.

3. Argon (Challenging levels)

Restricted Area

Things start getting heavier now. The levels start becoming a bit more complex and solutions will challenge your ideals and beliefs... well no just your solving skills really.

4. Xenon (Very challenging levels)

Life With Mystery

Here we are at the odd child of the five ranks. They take pride in their penultimate position and will gladly start presenting you with some tough levels that are almost borderline insanity.

5. Radon (Just-ripe-your-hair-out levels)

Cannibal Festival

Levels are now just radioactive, and a huge health risk to anyone unprepared. You've come too far now, can you really turn back? Levels are even more complex and require max creative thinking on how you use all your skills and how you approach even the simplest of strategies. Just remember to never give up!

6. Synthetic (Bonus Levels)

A Quiet Place

Because a bonus rank is always the best rank right? Made in a lab and unable to occur in nature, these levels are mostly contest levels gathered together into one rank.

Special Thanks To The Following

- DMA for creating Lemmings
- namida for creating NeoLemmix
- Nepster for all the work he has done in maintaining NeoLemmix. We miss you :(
- Everyone who converted and/or creating all the tilesets used in this pack
- Everyone who allowed me to use some music tracks from their own respective packs
- Flopsy, Wafflem, and Akseli for pre-releasing testing
- And the Lemmings Forum community for just being awesome in general. This pack would be nothing if it weren't for all their inspiration and support!

November 13, 2017 - December 25, 2019

« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 01:08:00 AM by Nessy »

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix 12.7.0+] Lemmings Destination [Difficulty: Easy-Very Hard]
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2019, 04:18:13 AM »
Music Credits (click to show/hide)

Fun Facts (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 03:59:41 PM by Nessy »

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 09:53:55 AM »
That's a great Christmas present! :thumbsup:
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 10:22:28 AM »
Another pack I need to play soon. ;)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 12:14:28 PM »
Sorry for being a little overdue but I just wanted to say that it was very good fun testing this pack and congratulations on finally releasing it, I hope my pack can shortly follow this :)

As a benchmark, when I was testing this pack. I was able to solve pretty much all of the first 3 ranks, about half of Rank 4 and virtually none of Rank 5. Rank 5 is definitely no push over, it's on a par with some of the hardest levels in the Lemmings community.

Sadly I cannot LP this pack myself due to being a tester, I wish I could LP this pack though because it is a very high quality one!

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 07:54:42 PM »
As this pack is still LOTY 2019 relevant, I need to catch up on this first before solving Festival Millas 2019 and the rest of Lemmings World Tour. :)

So, I started today and solved the first rank. I must say these were pretty great pack entry levels :thumbsup:  I also got a few Pieuw vibes here and there. ;)

Although I would change the topic to "Medium-Very Hard" as I still would think beginners would definitly struggle a lot here.

Great levels again. :thumbsup:

This definitly earns a "Da kann man nicht meckern" from me!

I attached my replays. :)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 10:09:51 AM »
Thanks for reminding me of this pack, IchoTolot! :thumbsup: I had completely forgotten about it! But the levels look amazing, and Lemmings Migration was already great*. So I should really give this one a try as well!

*(My judgment may be also be influenced by the fact that it's also one of the few "puzzly" packs that I've managed to solve in its entirety so far. :D So for me, it was the ideal combination of "challenging and complex, but still fun", rather than "so admirably challenging that it becomes annoying".)

I do expect this pack to be more difficult than Lemmings Migration, though, so let's see how far I'll make it...! ;)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 08:31:21 PM »
2nd rank fnished. :)

I had 1 or 2 levels where I might found a slight backroute.

I attached all my solutions

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2020, 09:02:40 PM »
As these seem a higher priority to me, I sarted Radon today.

It went pretty well and the first 15 out of the 20 levels are solved, although I know some of these are backroutes. :devil: 

I attached my solutions. :)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 08:49:01 PM »
And here is the rest of Radon. :)

That leaves rank 3, 4 and the Bonus one.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 01:04:33 AM »
:party:

FINALLY found a 100% save solution for Helium 11 Ride The Nessy! :lemcat:

EDIT: And... now I've finished all the Helium levels! I have to admit, these tested my solving abilities a lot! Probably indicative of the general level of ability on the forum being very high.

Great pack so far, I'll come back and have a go at Neon soon. For now, I feel enough of a sense of achievement having got through just the first rank! :crylaugh: :lemcat:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 02:18:22 AM by WillLem »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 09:21:38 PM »
2 more ranks finished and only Xenon remains to be solved. :)

I think found more backroutes as well (also in the synthetic rank).

Replay collection attached.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2020, 04:50:58 PM »
And completed the pack. 8-)

I think I found quite a few backroutes in the Xenon rank though! :devil:

Replay collection is attached,

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2020, 01:49:55 AM »
First of all thank you so much everyone for your very kind comments and replays :thumbsup:

I deeply apologize for the lack of any type of feedback posted on here after checking your replays. My interest and motivation for Lemmings went rock bottom after completing the pack and I think it just sought of happened after completing a larger project that was a lot more ambitions on every level than my previous pack. I know it's not a good excuse but it is the truth. I do hope to slowly go over everything this week and at least give you guys something even if it's just feedback on the easier ranks. Thank you for your patience and I hope to slowly regain my interest and motivation again :)

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
Hello again and thank you for your patience. I am now and finally in the process of looking over replays carefully and fixing levels. Once I update all levels that have been backrouted I'll post a detailed log of what was changed/fixed along with the updated version of the pack in the original post.

In the meantime I have updated the second post of this thread with some music credits and some fun facts about selected levels from the pack :) It'll also be updated regularly with hints on selected levels as more feedback comes in.