Poll

Which kind of Lemmings Plus packs do you prefer?

Not too hard (LPI LPII, LPO, HLP)
6 (75%)
Somewhat hard (LPIII, LPIV, LPVI)
1 (12.5%)
Insane difficulty! (LPV, LPO2)
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Lemmings Plus Series  (Read 46032 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus Series
« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2019, 04:54:41 am »
(LPII didn't have an every-rank-repeat!).

It did back in the original version, Floater Frenzy. ;)
My released level packs:
Lemmings Plus Series | Doomsday Lemmings

Offline chrisleec728

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 24, 2019, 09:38:49 pm »
I recently played Puzzling 5 ("No Rush") in LPO. I found out that that level used to contain slowfreeze but not anymore since you've removed that and radiation from NeoLemmix. However, the level still remains in the pack with seemingly no changes made other than that, and now it's far too easy even considering the talisman solution.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #227 on: February 24, 2019, 10:59:53 pm »
It wasn't a particularly hard level before that either, to be fair.
My released level packs:

Offline Akseli

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 20, 2019, 09:28:14 pm »
Alright, the March solution batch isn't entirely complete: I'll post my 63/70 replay solutions from Lemmings Plus Omega II now so they're at least safe here. This is clearly the hardest large namida pack for NeoLemmix, and it's possible that I'll take a look at the remaining levels at a later date, but for now I'm okay just for collecting these solutions.

I was a pre-release tester of this pack, and here's how I played first time after the initial release of the pack.
A speciality of LPOII is an uneven levels per rating distribution with 15/15/20/20 levels across four main ratings.

Levels I didn't solve yet are Coarse 13: Oh No! Space Zombies!, Spiky 17: Brute Force, Sharp 13: It's Zombie Time!, Sharp 14: Death Trap, Sharp 15: A Huge Incon-bee-nience, Sharp 18: Insanity Plea and Sharp 19: Struck Out.

Comments on some of the levels (contain spoilers):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And there it is! Starting from last September, I've now played all eight large Lemmings Plus packs, and it was tough seven months. I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome so far (733/740 solved), even though there's still 7 remaining levels in the last pack, but I'm happy to have cleared completely all the other entries. :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #229 on: March 21, 2019, 07:21:42 pm »
In response to some of your comments,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I assume you won't - but if you want hints for any of the remaining ones, let me know. I will note that one of them - Insanity Plea - if I remember correctly, has still only ever been solved by one person (IchoTolot).
My released level packs:

Offline Akseli

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 01, 2019, 06:41:44 am »
I played a side entry in Lemmings Plus series, Holiday Lemmings Plus, in one evening in the beginning of this year. Again, I don't think I've posted my solutions for these earlier, even though I remember having played this pack and getting stuck in Arctic 4: Miracle Drop few years ago. My solutions for all 12 levels are attached.

Arctic 5: Dream Parade - The hardest level and solved as last, indeed some of the skill assignments are precise, great level nevertheless!
Arctic 6: A World Between Us - Another nice one, maybe a bit open-ended having many solutins.