Poll

How many of the Lemmings Plus packs have you completed?

All of them!
1 (7.7%)
I've completed most, but a few of them stumped me
2 (15.4%)
I've completed most, but there's some I haven't tried
0 (0%)
I've completed at least one
1 (7.7%)
Every one I've tried stumped me
7 (53.8%)
I haven't tried any
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Lemmings Plus Series  (Read 61762 times)

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Plus Series
« Reply #240 on: July 28, 2020, 11:11:20 am »
Fianlly played some LP levels. :D
Here're replays and some comments for LP Alpha.

Some notable backroutes :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Levels I really like and enjoyed :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll be back with LP omega next time. ;)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus Series
« Reply #241 on: July 28, 2020, 07:53:07 pm »
I'll look through your replays later, but regarding your comments,

First, I'll note that LPA is not being updated anymore (except for compatibility). So any backroutes at this point will most likely remain as is. (I say "most likely" because there have occasionally been cases where I've fixed a backroute in a long-dead pack, but it's not common. It usually has to be a level I really, really like, or else a level where a NL change has broken the intended solution so it needed changes anyway.)

With that being said - Mastery Of Malice is somewhat open (there are several known solutions, at least, some of which do save more than required, although the leftover basher sounds interesting). The other three were probably the three most problematic levels, backroute-wise, in the pack. And yes, it's very possible you might have had leftover skills on other levels - some have multiple solutions, and it is also somewhat common, if doing so doesn't lead to backroutes, for my levels to have some skills that are entirely decoys.

With regards to Obl 13 not being nominated for LOTY - in general, I didn't expect LPA to have much success there. LPA is a very hard pack, and so it doesn't appeal to everyone - and LOTY needs levels that appeal to, if not everyone, at least a very large portion of the player base. It's more a specialized pack aimed at the really high-level players (though of course, anyone is welcome to try it).