Poll

Help Me Decide the Next Two Level Packs to LP. Whose Packs Shall I Give Some Loving To First?

Lemmings in Weirdyland (2023 edition) by weirdybeardy
2 (22.2%)
Quest from Kieran by kieranmillar
3 (33.3%)
Mikes Lemmings Version 2 (Rigel rank only) by Turrican
2 (22.2%)
Unusual Lemmings by Duuddu
1 (11.1%)
Festival Millas 2020 by Gigalem
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: kaywhyn's List of Completed LPs of Lemmings Packs and Upcoming Packs to LP  (Read 31510 times)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Just like my topic listing packs that I have completed, currently playing, and thinking of playing, I have decided to keep a similar list of my completed LPs of Lemmings packs and upcoming LPs of packs and will be keeping track of all of them in the OP here. As this topic is currently, links to my LPs are scattered everywhere, so it can make it quite difficult to find them.

Links to my Completed LPs of Lemmings Packs

- Lemmings Migration (thanks to both Proxima and Strato for the recommendation): Kaywhyn's LP of Nessy's Lemmings Migration (11 videos)

- Doomsday Lemmings (suggested by kaywhyn [i.e, me :P]): Kaywhyn's LP of namida's Doomsday Lemmings (11 videos)

- Yippee! More Lemmings (suggested by kaywhyn again): Kaywhyn's LP of Niesch's Yippee! More Lemmings (8 videos)

- Sammings 1 (suggested by kaywhyn again): Kaywhyn's LP of mantha16's Sammings 1 (2 videos)

- Lemminas (thanks to WillLem for the recommendation :)): Kaywhyn's LP of WillLem's Lemminas (11 videos)

- Sublems (New Formats NL, thanks to Strato and Swerdis for the recommendation): Kaywhyn's LP of Colorful Arty's Sublems (13 videos)

- Lemmings Plus 1 (New Formats NL, suggested by kaywhyn): Kaywhyn's LP of namida's Lemmings Plus 1 for New Formats NL (13 videos)

- Clammings (New Formats NL, suggested by Turrican, added to list 12/19/20): Kaywhyn's LP of Clam's Clammings (17 videos)

- Nuked Lems (suggested by grams88, added to list 12/24/20): Kaywhyn's LP of grams88's Nuked Lems (9 videos)

- SEB Lems NL New Formats: Kaywhyn's LP of Flopsy's SEB Lems for NL New Formats (75 videos, although it's technically 76 since there's supposed to be an additional video on Murder 5 but I foolishly didn't have OBS open :forehead:)

- Artlems v1.3: Kaywhyn's LP of Arty's Artlems (16 videos)

- Lemmings Plus 2: Kaywhyn's LP of namida's LPII (14 videos)

- Gronkling's Animal Pack 1: Rodents: Kaywhyn's LP of Gronkling's GAP 1: Rodents (13 videos)

- The Lemmings Have Grown: Kaywhyn's LP of David's The Lemmings Have Grown pack (36 videos)

- Deceit's Lemmings: Kaywhyn's LP of Deceit's Deceit's Lemmings New Formats NL (6 videos)

- Assorted Gubbins: Kaywhyn's LP of SQron188's Assorted Gubbins (7 videos)

- LemRunner: Kaywhyn's LP of tan x's and Dexter's LemRunner Pack (31 videos)

- Lemmings Destination: Kaywhyn's LP of Nessy's Lemmings Destination (29 videos)

- Festival Millas 2018: Kaywhyn's LP of Gigalem's Festival Millas 2018 (6 videos)

- Lemmings Plus 3: Kaywhyn's LP of namida's LPIII (13 videos)

- Insane Steve's World: Kaywhyn's LP of Insane Steve's Insane Steve's World (20 videos)

- Ski Sloping Lemmings: Kaywhyn's LP of grams88's Ski Sloping Lemmings (13 videos)

- Integral Lemmings: Kaywhyn's LP of tan x's Integral Lemmings (11 videos)

- Long Live Lemmings!: Kaywhyn's LP of Niesch's Long Live Lemmings! (8 videos)

- MegSEGAbytes: Kaywhyn's LP of Flopsy's/Wafflem's MegSEGAbytes (21 videos, although technically it's 23 videos, as I don't have the original recordings for Lightspeed 5 and Lightspeed 6, both of which would of had their own video, but alas OBS resetted my audio device settings, which I wasn't aware of :()

- Inverse Lemmings: Kaywhyn's LP of WillLem's Inverse Lemmings (3 videos)

- Lemmings Uncharted: Kaywhyn's LP of Armani's Lemmings Uncarted (66 videos)

- All Hallow's Eve: Kaywhyn's LP of tan x's and Dexter's All Hallow's Eve (6 videos)

- Mazulems New Formats NL: Kaywhyn's LP of Martin Zurlinden's Mazulems (2 videos)

- Holiday Gigalems 2017 Old Formats NL: Kaywhyn's LP of Gigalem's Holiday Gigalems 2017 (10 videos)

- Holiday Lemmings Plus New Formats NL: Kaywhyn's LP of namida's Holiday Lemmings Plus (1 video)

- Lemmings Plus Omega New Formats NL: Kaywhyn's LP of namida's Lemmings Plus Omega (13 videos)

- Mike's Lemmings New Formats NL: Kaywhyn's LP of Turrican's Mike's Lemmings (8 videos)

- Lemmings World Tour New Formats NL: Kaywhyn's LP of Strato's LWT (38 videos)

- Lemmings Quartet: Kaywhyn's LP of Apjjm's Lemmings Quartet (6 videos)

- Zemmings Complete: Kaywhyn's LP of zanzindorf's Zemmings Complete (7 videos)

- Festival Millas 2019: Kaywhyn's LP of Gigalem's Festival Millas 2019 pack (6 videos)

- FestiveLems: Kaywhyn's LP of WillLem's FestiveLems (3 videos)

- Lemmings Cranium Preview - Challenge Rank: Kaywhyn's LP of Crane's Lemmings Cranium Preview - Challenge Rank (5 videos)

- Lemmings Plus IV: Kaywhyn's LP of namida's Lemmings Plus IV (14 videos)

- Mobilems 2022: Kaywhyn's LP of mobius' Mobilems 2022 (12 videos)

- Lemmings Plus V: Kaywhyn's LP of namida's Lemmings Plus V (18 videos)

- Sammings 2: Kaywhyn's LP of mantha16's Sammings 2 (4 videos)

- Lemmings Halloween 2017: Kaywhyn's LP of Raymanni's (Ryemanni) Lemmings Halloween 2017 (6 videos)

- Master88's Custom Neolevels: Kaywhyn's LP of Master88's Custom Neolevels (his 1st pack) (11 videos)

- Casualemmings 2.0: Kaywhyn's LP of nin10doadict's Caualemmings 2.0 (16 videos)

- Lemmings Plus Omega II: Kaywhyn's LP of namida's LPOII (18 videos)

- Lemminas II: Kaywhyn's LP of WillLem's Lemminas II (6 videos)

- RotL v4.0: Kaywhyn's LP of Revenge of the Lemmings v4.0 (34 videos)

- Quest From Kieran: Kaywhyn's LP of Kieran Millar's Quest From Kieran (17 videos)

- Lemmings in Weirdyland: Kaywhyn's LP of weirdybeardy's Lemmings in Weirdyland (5 videos)

- Mike's Lemmings Version 2: Kaywhyn's LP of Turrican's Mike's Lemmings Version 2 - Rigel rank (9 videos)

- Unusual Lemmings: Kaywhyn's LP of Duuddu's Unusual Lemmings (4 videos)

- Festival Millas 2020: Kaywhyn's LP of Gigalem's Festival Millas 2020 (14 videos)

Upcoming Lemmings Packs to LP

- Clammings (suggested by Turrican)

- Nuked Lemmings (suggested by grams88)

- SEB Lems New Formats NL (personal decision)

- Insane Steve's World (suggested by Proxima)

- Artlems v1.3 (personal decision)

- Deceit Lemmings (suggested by Swerdis)

- Mazulems New Formats (personal decision, as well as by vote from this community)

- MegSEGAbytes (personal decision, also I promised Flopsy a very long time ago, and I still haven't done it yet :forehead:)

- Inverse Lemmings (personal decision)

- Long Live Lemmings (suggested/recommended by Armani, and also suggested by Niesch)

- Integral Lemmings (personal decision)

- Lemmings Uncharted (personal decision)

- Angry Lemmings (returning the favor to eric and I want to show his pack some loving ;))

- Lemmings Plus 2 (personal decision)

- Lemmings Quartet

- Zemmings Complete

- Integral Lemmings - Alpha Rank

- Lemmings Cranium Preview - Challenge Rank

- Festival Millas 2019

- Ryemanni's Halloween Pack

- Mobilems (2022)

- MASTER-88 1st, 2nd, and 3rd packs

- Sammings 2

- Lemminas 2

- RotL (New Formats)

- Casualems 2.0 (New Formats)

- Lemmings Plus Omega 2

- Mike's Lemmings Version 2 (Rigel rank)

- Unusual Lemmings by Duuddu

- Quest From Kieran

- Lemmings in Weirdyland

- Festival Millas 2020

Other LPs

- Lemmings 3D (Dos): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbp2m4KlFpJuJwy0hXSuM-vucom5aK78M (25 videos)

- Lemmings Revolution: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbp2m4KlFpJvZA2nsGzLZhfwJfZq88Ka9 (17 videos)

- Gobliiins (Floppy DOS VGA): Kaywhyn's LP of Gobliiins (3 videos)

- Putt-Putt and Pep's Balloon-o-Rama: Kaywhyn's LP of Putt-Putt and Pep's Balloon-o-Rama (4 videos)

- Chip's Challenge: Kaywhyn's LP of Chip's Challenge (Microsoft port) (18 videos)

- Operation Neptune: Kaywhyn's LP of Operation Neptune (PC) (4 videos)

- Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow: Kaywhyn's LP of Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow (PC CD version) (2 videos)

- Bio Menace Episode 1: Dr Mangle's Lab: Kaywhyn's LP of Bio Menace Episode 1: Dr Mangle's Lab (Dos) (5 videos)

Suggestions/recommendations for packs to LP are always welcomed, as usual. Seems like everyone here is enjoying my LPs so much and as a result they're garnering so much positive reception, so it makes me all the more glad that I got into LPing Lemmings packs :) No one suggested to me that I should do it. Instead, I made the personal decision to get into doing LPs. You all are awesome! ;)

Original Post before heavy modification:

Now that I've gotten into recording Lemmings videos with OBS and have joined the wagon in uploading them to my Youtube, and so far it seems that my post-commentary video series on Lemmings United is getting quite the positive reception, I figured that I should get into LPing level packs just for the fun and experience. Also, I figured this community could always use more LPers. This is where I would like your help: What level pack(s) would you like to see me LP? Most importantly, what's a good first pack to LP? Would any of you watch them? I prefer to do level packs that I haven't played yet, since I'll be doing a blind playthrough this way and it should be a more authentic experience, given that I don't know any of the solutions, but I'm also open to doing any packs that I have already played and completed. For the former, see this list of mine that I have compiled of packs that I've sorted into completed, currently playing, and thinking of playing: Kaywhyn's list of packs completed, currently playing, and thinking of playing. In particular, the packs listed under the red list are preferable, but again I'm open to any pack that is suggested. I'm also open to doing either Old Formats or New Formats. Don't worry about difficulty. If anything, I could always do a post-commentary video on levels that I get stuck on if I think I won't be able to get it solved in a reasonable amount of time.

End of original post
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 07:05:02 PM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Give Kaywhyn a Good First Pack and Some Packs to LP
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 01:37:17 PM »
Lemmings Migration looks like a good choice for a first LP to see how it goes. It's relatively short, not too hard, and really high quality.

I would certainly watch it but only up to the point where I've solved it myself :P

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 06:39:50 PM »
I can agree; Lemmings Migration was one of the first packs I played. Stumped me for a good while, but eventually, with some slight hints, I managed to beat it.

Of course, that was at the very beginning of my forum presence. ;) For you, the pack will most likely be eay too easy. But it should still be fun to play, and also to watch!
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 11:20:14 AM »
Thanks for the recommendation, gentlemen. Because you both recommended Lemmings Migration, I ended up LPing the pack for my very first LP. Turns out it was indeed a very good first pack to LP, so again I thank you both for that. However, another thing I would like to know, and that is do LPers generally upload their LP as they're playing or simply wait until they finish the pack before uploading? I'm guessing there's a good mix that do either one. For this pack, I decided to wait until I finished the pack before uploading my LP. Since it's a relatively short pack, this made sense to me. For much bigger packs, I will most likely upload it as I'm LPing. At the same time, I'm one of those people who rather solve and figure out solutions on my own. What I'm worried about is that people who are watching will accidentally post Youtube comments that reveal the solution. Of course, I could avoid this by simply not watching my own video, but there's always a chance of accidentally opening it and reading the comments. Because of this, it makes me think that I should just upload it after I complete the pack.

Oh wait, no, I could simply upload only videos where I managed to solve all the levels and then for levels that need multiple videos, just upload them when I'm finally successful in solving them. Never mind, I figured it out haha.

For my first LP, I have to say that I absolutely enjoyed myself a lot while I was doing it. So, I'm going to do more LPs of level packs in the future :) For my next one, I'm thinking of maybe Doomsday Lemmings? Shorter than Lemmings Migration, although I do feel somewhat uneasy due to it supposedly sounding like it's a difficult pack. At the same time, I have already solved plenty of hard packs on my own, so maybe I don't have anything to worry about. However, as my experience with Lemmings Migration shows, just because I managed to beat packs like Lemmings United and Lemmings Plus Alpha doesn't mean that all other packs should be a breeze for me. Indeed, Lemmings Migration still managed to stump me good in several places.

edit: Ok, my entire LP of Lemmings Migration is now uploaded to my Youtube.

edit 2: Removed the link to my LP in this post. The updated link with chapters added in each video of the LP is in my post below. Check that post for the link to my Lemmings Migration LP.

I invite everyone to come watch it, especially if you would like to see how I approach level solving and want to learn some tricks/techniques from me. I can guarantee that the first video is sure to amuse and provide laughter because of how I was surprisingly already stumped on the first level for a few minutes. It only gets better and more fun from there with my thoughts, though. What I don't like is how you're watching much of my playing with the game paused. I'm going to have to change that for future LPs, although to be fair most of these level solutions can't be quickly planned. It should be clear that pausing the level is a huge part of how I solve levels.

Lemmings Migration looks like a good choice for a first LP to see how it goes. It's relatively short, not too hard, and really high quality.

I would certainly watch it but only up to the point where I've solved it myself :P

You brought up a good point that I didn't mention, and that is the "relative short length." I absolutely agree with you here, that I think for one's first LP that it should be a short pack, not a long one that's 100 levels or more. 40 levels is a good length for a first LP. And yes, I do the exact same thing as you, where I don't watch video solutions of levels that I myself haven't figured out on my own yet, and so I stop watching at that point until I do.

I can agree; Lemmings Migration was one of the first packs I played. Stumped me for a good while, but eventually, with some slight hints, I managed to beat it.

Of course, that was at the very beginning of my forum presence. ;) For you, the pack will most likely be eay too easy. But it should still be fun to play, and also to watch!

On the contrary. This pack managed to stump me good with several levels. Yes, I did find some levels really easy, but there were a handful of hard ones too in each rank. Took me 11 videos to LP the entire pack. I managed to figure out all the levels on my own.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 07:51:24 PM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 06:26:44 PM »
What I'm worried about is that people who are watching will accidentally post Youtube comments that reveal the solution. Of course, I could avoid this by simply not watching my own video, but there's always a chance of accidentally opening it and reading the comments. Because of this, it makes me think that I should just upload it after I complete the pack.

I usually uploaded videos of my Lemmings LPs shortly after I recorded them, and never had problems with this. I did avoid viewing comments if I hadn't completed the levels yet most of the time too, but generally, people around here understand that people usually like to figure it out for themselves.

For my next one, I'm thinking of maybe Doomsday Lemmings? Shorter than Lemmings Migration, although I do feel somewhat uneasy due to it supposedly sounding like it's a difficult pack.

It was definitely hard for its time. But it's nothing compared to Alpha or Omega2.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 07:49:24 PM »
Ok, I went back and added chapters to all videos of my LP of Lemmings Migration. Really nice way to know where a new level begins, especially since a lot of the time you see the game paused for very long periods of time, as well as how long it took me to solve a particular level. Here is the updated link of the LP: Kaywhyn's first LP of a Lemmings level pack: Lemmings Migration

What I'm worried about is that people who are watching will accidentally post Youtube comments that reveal the solution. Of course, I could avoid this by simply not watching my own video, but there's always a chance of accidentally opening it and reading the comments. Because of this, it makes me think that I should just upload it after I complete the pack.

I usually uploaded videos of my Lemmings LPs shortly after I recorded them, and never had problems with this. I did avoid viewing comments if I hadn't completed the levels yet most of the time too, but generally, people around here understand that people usually like to figure it out for themselves.

Cool, thanks for the info, namida! ;) If that's the case, I'll upload my future LPs shortly after I finish recording each video then. I did think about it, and depending on how long the LP ends up taking, it is a bit strange to upload the completed series on the same day all at once, like I did with Lemmings Migration.

For my next one, I'm thinking of maybe Doomsday Lemmings? Shorter than Lemmings Migration, although I do feel somewhat uneasy due to it supposedly sounding like it's a difficult pack.

In that case, the LP might be extremely short then, probably only 2 or 3 videos.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 08:02:26 PM by kaywhyn »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Doomsday Lemmings LP Done. Give Kaywhyn a 3rd Level Pack and Some Packs to LP
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 09:08:47 AM »
My LP of Doomsday Lemmings is now completely uploaded to my Youtube. You can find the link to it in the NL Doomsday Lemmings level pack. Or, I can link to it so that you can access it here instead: Kaywhyn's LP of Doomsday Lemmings. Enjoy! :)

Since I struggled with this level pack more than I thought I would, the LP ended up having 11 parts just like my LP of Lemmings Migration. I thought Doomsday Lemmings would be a much quicker and easier solve due to how it only has 21 levels, but nope! Near the end of the pack, I thought about how I might had made the mistake of deciding to LP Doomsday Lemmings as my second level pack. Even with the struggles, I still enjoyed the experience very much and so I will still continue to do more LPs of level packs in the future. So, rest assured that you'll still get them from me ;)

Due to this experience, I'm going to fall back and ask for more recommendations on what my 3rd level pack to LP should be, as well as other level packs I should LP. Unlike Doomsday Lemmings, where I didn't even ask this community if I should LP it and instead I simply decided that I would LP the pack on my own without the community's input. I'm going to avoid that this time for my 3rd pack to LP. So yea, I'm open to suggestions/recommendations on another pack to LP. Feel free to drop your ideas :)

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 03:35:09 PM »
As you already completed so many existing packs, it's pretty hard to recommend good ones :-[

Zemmings vol1 and vol2 by Zanzindorf
vol1 : https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2944
vol2 : https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=3114
Each pack has only 8 levels. .
They both start with easy open ended levels and end up with some hard nut levels, but not extremely difficult.
I think you can breeze through them.

Lemmings Destination
Best way to describe Lemmings Destination imo : Easier and Prettier version of Nepsterlem.
I know you want to LP smaller pack for now, but this is a really good pack :P
It's a pretty large pack with little more than 100 levels.
Similar to Nepsterlem, most of the level have small size and limited skillset but they are still challenging.

And you can LP contest levels in the future.

I'm watching your migration LP these days and enjoying a lot :thumbsup:
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2020, 11:42:01 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions, Armani! :thumbsup: I'll keep these in mind.

As you already completed so many existing packs, it's pretty hard to recommend good ones :-[

I can also do packs that I already completed. Nothing wrong with that. LPing packs I haven't played is preferable, since it'll be a blind LP and will therefore create a more authentic LP experience.

And you can LP contest levels in the future.

Absolutely. Especially if I had made a contest entry myself, but even if I haven't, I will for sure show off my solutions to the entries in video form.

I'm watching your migration LP these days and enjoying a lot :thumbsup:

Glad to hear it! ;)

Everyone else who hasn't provided their input and dropped off packs for me to LP, feel free to do so! I need more suggestions/recommendations.

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2020, 04:28:54 PM »
You could try Arty's SubLems as well; it has a very nice and steady difficulty curve, and it has recently been made available for New Formats at last.

Most likely, it will be too easy for you overall, but if even Lemmings Migration had a couple of levels that managed to stump even you for a while, then at least the Hellish rank of SubLems might still have some challenging surprises for you. ;)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2020, 04:48:35 PM »
Yes, Sublems is a good recommendation. Dare I say that I'm still struggling with Hellish 18 and 19? Apart from these two Levels, the difficulty is quite moderate. I backrouted many levels, but Arty announced to fix them and create some additional talismans. I also like the music of SubLems - each level has it's own tune.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2020, 06:03:10 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation, Strato and Swerdis! :thumbsup: I 100% agree with Sublems as a level pack to LP. Indeed, even though I've already played the level pack on SL all those years ago, the NL version still has a lot of levels that are different from it, and so there'll still be some blind playthroughs of the levels. Plus, a lot of time has passed, and it's not like I really remember any of the solutions even to the levels that are identical in both versions. Doesn't really matter, since I can easily reproduce, or, in this case, conjure up other solutions, since I don't have any replays for the SL version. Never bothered to, since you have to manually save them. Also, I'm sure Colorful Arty would definitely appreciate having his signature pack that's very highly regarded being LPed, so I'll be more than happy to do it ;)

However, as was already noted, I will LP a couple of other smaller packs before I do Sublems despite being on the easier side for the most part, since Sublems is somewhat on the larger side in terms of levels, more than 100. I might take Armani's suggestion of doing both of zanzidorf's packs, although I feel as if 8 levels is way too small for an LP. Probably to me the ideal is at least 20 levels, like I did with Doomsday Lemmings, probably max 60 or 80 levels. They don't have to be these target numbers, of course. They were just arbitrary numbers I chose :crylaugh: For this, perhaps one of WillLem's packs or maybe even one of mantha16's packs would do. I'll probably have to do another look see at the NL levels board, since I'm struggling to think of any other packs that are around those lengths.

Perhaps a good follow-up to the Sublems LP would be Lemmings Plus 1. They're pretty much identical in difficulty, although it's been a very long time since I played LPDOS1. I have only played it for Dos from some years ago, and once again there are some levels that are different, so same thing: Some levels will be blind playthroughs.

Yes, Sublems is a good recommendation. Dare I say that I'm still struggling with Hellish 18 and 19? Apart from these two Levels, the difficulty is quite moderate. I backrouted many levels, but Arty announced to fix them and create some additional talismans. I also like the music of SubLems - each level has it's own tune.

I'll see what I can do to help. Be on the lookout for my LP of the pack when it comes. IIRC, Hellish 18 is definitely a very hard level, so don't feel bad there. The only reason it was a quick solve for me was due to how I already know of the trick that's needed. Once you have the beginning all figured out, the rest of the level should be easy, since part of the end requires the exact same thing, although it's still not overly trivial. Also, you have 30 of everything except builders, so it should be easy to try out things. Definitely common to have plenty of skills leftover. For Hellish 19, I ended up overcomplicating that one and used an extremely obscure trick that can be seen in one of the levels of my Lemmings Migration LP. As it turns out, it's not required for Hellish 19 at all. Kind of makes sense to me, considering it's supposed to be a friendly pack in terms of difficulty, and that trick is really fiddly to pull off.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 06:11:37 PM by kaywhyn »

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2020, 11:06:42 PM »
I can see your list is already pretty massive, but if you fancy a pack that you'll likely breeze through fairly quickly, give Lemminas a try! :lemcat: I'd be really interested to see if you find any of the levels challenging!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 11:18:12 PM by WillLem »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
My Next 3 LPs: Yipee! More Lemmings, Sammings 1, and Lemminas. More to Come =)
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2020, 02:27:39 AM »
Thank you to everyone who has provided input on recommendations/suggestions for packs for me to LP. I've thought long and hard about what my next few LPs are going to be, and I have decided on the following for my next 3 LPs:

• Yipee! More Lemmings
  • Sammings 1
  • Lemminas

I will likely either start them later this week over the weekend, or I'll start next week. After these 3 LPs, I will very likely do Sublems as recommended by both Strato and Swerdis, followed by namida's Lemmings Plus 1, as I feel this is a great supplement to Arty's pack due to how they seem to both be similar in difficulty. It's important to note that I have already played both Sublems and LPI, but the latter was on Dos and a really long time ago. In my playthrough, I was able to solve all of the levels except for 2, where I know the solution, I just can't pull them off due to the lack of convenience tools on Dos: no directional select, no framestepping, and cannot assign skills while paused. Also, in the NL version many of the levels ended up getting replaced. Perhaps once these are done I will jump around in regards to level pack size for my future LPs. I would also like to do Mazulems for New Formats at some point. This is yet another pack that I have played a really long time ago, back when I was still a high schooler in the mid 2000s.  As a matter of fact, it was the very first full (more than 10 levels) custom pack I have ever played on Dos before Dovelems, which was my first Lemmini custom pack I played. I might had played several 10 level custom packs on Dos before playing Mazulems on Dos, but I don't remember.

The reason for the smaller packs is because I feel it's more important to ease one into LPing large packs by doing several smaller ones first. Also, the 3 packs that are on this list are ones I have never played. I am willing to LP packs that I have already played, but these will come later, as for the time being I'm prioritizing packs I have never played, since my LPs will be complete blind ones this way. For the first one, I was thinking of doing zanzindorf's mini packs, but I have already done his Volume 1 on Superlemmini a really long time ago, while Volume 2 I have yet to play, so only the second volume will be a blind LP. Then again, I remember pretty much none of the levels by title, but I will most certainly remember them by seeing the level, so it's almost like a blind replay. Also, zanzindorf has plans to expand his complete set of packs, so I will probably hold off on LPing his pack collection until then.

With this, I think there's a few here who have tried Yippee! More Lemmings, and from what I read it sounds like there are some hard levels despite just being 5 levels in each rank. Would those who have played it say it's comparable in difficulty to Lemmings Migration, my very first pack that I LPed, or definitely a bit/way harder than that? Difficulty doesn't matter to me, as I will hopefully be fine when LPing it. As long as I enjoy myself doing my LPs, and I've enjoyed every single moment of it in the two LPs I've done so far, it's all good.

I can see your list is already pretty massive, but if you fancy a pack that you'll likely breeze through fairly quickly, give Lemminas a try! :lemcat: I'd be really interested to see if you find any of the levels challenging!

The really funny thing was that I had decided several hours before you posted suggesting your own Lemminas pack that I was definitely going to LP Lemminas ;) I will provide you a link to my LP once I start it and have it available. Interesting fact: Sammings 1 is exactly half the length of your Lemminas pack. I could continue this pattern by LPing Lemmingbytes, since it has 128 levels total, but too bad I already finished the pack earlier this year. Sublems comes pretty close to that, so this can work. I may still end up LPing Lemmingbytes in the future though, especially since after the first 3 level packs on this list are all ones I have never played, followed by two packs that I've already played. So, I might even squeeze in Lemmingbytes before Sublems and Lemmings Plus 1 for the very reason that I'm indeed willing to LP packs I've already played, if only just to continue the 32, 64, 128 pattern :D 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 02:43:43 AM by kaywhyn »

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
So, I might even squeeze in Lemmingbytes before Sublems and Lemmings Plus 1 for the very reason that I'm indeed willing to LP packs I've already played, if only just to continue the 32, 64, 128 pattern :D

Haha, brilliant! 64 levels was a very deliberate number as well, I wanted it to be 4 ranks of 16 levels, with 8 songs which rotate twice each rank. Number patters for the win! :thumbsup:

P.S. Looking forward to the LP! ;P