Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] The new NeoLemmix Community Pack Topic  (Read 35062 times)

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] The new NeoLemmix Community Pack Topic
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2021, 06:02:38 PM »
argggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 10:54:43 PM by mantha16 »

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2021, 10:34:04 PM »
So i spent a fair bit of time creating a sketch for the terrain that didn't look bad when imported into the editor - then did a simple puzzle afterwards (but still very possible to fail) - there are quite a few orders of operations that work. Hopefully this isn't too laggy as it i did kinda spam in a few places rather than work out a more optimal way to make the shapes...

The puzzle is solvable saving 8 lemmings fairly easily too in a few different ways, so could either be changed to require that or make it an easy talisman.

Edit: Also attached a 2nd version which maybe looks a bit cleaner by removing the inner detail from the gusts of wind - the replay works on both. I might end up re-visiting this again to try and include more of the terrain in the solution path.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 10:58:22 PM by Apjjm »
My Level Packs: Quartet

Offline bulletride

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2021, 11:36:29 PM »
Here are the levels you requested like 2 years ago! I added a few easy levels as well if you need them. One is from Lemmings Stampede that seems to be well liked and a new one I made when I saw you needed some easy levels.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 12:06:43 AM by bulletride »

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2021, 11:26:01 AM »
Hello there! I reworked and released last year, in my first levelpack, the levels I posted some time ago in the former NeoLemmix Community Pack Topic. But I still have three levels that didn't make the final cut. Since they require some stage improvements, I am not going to publish them yet. They were intented to be played on Lemmix, but I think they could be somewhat fun and easy enough to be included in the easiest pack(s) of this NeoLemmix project. Of course, I will also release their Lemmix and SuperLemmini versions.

Just give me a few days to retouch the levels. Meanwhile, here are the working titles:

-Down To The Bone
-Black Lungs
-Orpheus Had Eurydice

They are in Lemmix format.

It is still possible to load and convert them to NeoLemmix format with the new version of NeoLemmix editor?

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2021, 03:16:43 PM »
It is still possible to load and convert them to NeoLemmix format with the new version of NeoLemmix editor?

Not in the new editor, but older editor version could load an .lvl file and save it to .nxlv. (look around on neolemmix.com all versions should be archived there)

Then you can cleanse the new .nxlv level in the up-to-date player in the level select menu and the output should be compatible with the new editor.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2021, 07:56:22 PM »
Fixes for some of my levels. There are still others with known backroutes.

The two that don't have a replay attached here, my existing replay still works.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2021, 10:44:10 PM »
A fix for Armani's backroute. Simply adds more lemmings to the level.

The ending now requires a bit more thought/timing as well, which is a nice bonus. This may work better as a 3-of-everything to make it easier, but it could be left as-is if people don't think it's too difficult as a 2-of-everything.

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2021, 11:43:19 PM »
I have had a go at reworking the puzzle in my previous submission and have a somewhat trickier puzzle this time that still shouldn't be too hard (though maybe a bit too tricky for the start of the 1st rank at least) - So feel free to use either submissions depending on what difficulty is needed - all things being equal i think this one has a nicer puzzle.
My Level Packs: Quartet

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2021, 01:48:11 PM »
I released an update! Please check if your updated/new level is included as I won't rule out that I missed something!

Also, be sure to get the recent style update from the NL site!

Changes I myself made on levels:

- Moved "Crystal_Light" later in the rank.

- Mantha's new entry "snow way to talk" replay was not functional after the update + exit was stuck inside terrain. Fixed the replay and moved exit by 1 pixel.

- NieSch' level "Signs_to_Guide_You" had a not functional replay after the update. Fixed it by moving 1 skill assignment a pixel more to the left.

- Turrican's new entry "Butterfly Islands" had a decorational object that really looked like a trap directly in the solution's path. I removed that one.

I also attached a solution to mantha's builderfest level "cosmic contraption" that could maybe be a slight backroute. Leaving it in could help making the level more accessible though and more likely to stay at an early position in the rank. I personally would let the alternative solution stay in.

Also, please chack after updating if your solution replay still works and if not fix it and post it here together with the update!

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2021, 02:32:05 PM »
re jigged builderfest blocker removed 1 builder removed walkers added

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2021, 02:49:53 PM »
- NieSch' level "Signs_to_Guide_You" had a not functional replay after the update. Fixed it by moving 1 skill assignment a pixel more to the left.

Oops, sorry about that. Should have checked it.

Thanks for fixing it. Keep up the good work. ;)
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2021, 06:51:29 PM »
Put up a little update to include mantha's fix and put the level in the late stages of the rank as it is quite a bit more difficult now. :)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2021, 07:17:19 PM »
I noticed you put my level 'Heroes to the Rescue' in rank 2. I think it's more a rank 4 level. (And certainly more difficult than my other two levels in rank 2 now.) Of course, it can be very personal what is being perceived as difficult, so I understand it's hard to determine what goes where.
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2021, 07:32:07 PM »
I noticed you put my level 'Heroes to the Rescue' in rank 2. I think it's more a rank 4 level. (And certainly more difficult than my other two levels in rank 2 now.) Of course, it can be very personal what is being perceived as difficult, so I understand it's hard to determine what goes where.

At this point I would like to hear more voices on this.

From my point of view I really don't see the solution as that difficult. I can at max see this late rank 2 or early rank 3, but definitly not rank 4.

Reasoning:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2021, 08:42:55 PM »
Good points. I'd suggest early 3 then. But you have the final say.