Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 37165 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Dreams
« on: July 10, 2017, 12:59:30 AM »
Had a crazy/funny/scary dream? Post about it!

I like to discuss dreams. Most people don’t remember their dreams or remember them too well. It helps you to remember them if you talk about them or write them down, especially immediately or soon after the night you have one.  I like to get inspired by them.

There are old ones I might post in here later. For now here’s the most recent one I recall:

In the first part, I’m in a house I own or live with someone else but not my current real one. A black haired girl comes inside asking for Rachel but I say she’s not here. So she asks to come in anyway and I say yes.  She starts talking and rambles on and on but I can’t understand everything she’s saying. Then she keeps saying she’s very stressed, over and over. So I walk over and message her neck.
[there was more to this part but it's a bit hazy and I'll leave it out because it's not family friendly ;) ]
Next I’m in a very large space. It’s like some kind of underground building. The walls are dark brown and orange and they’re soft and rounded. The floor is also uneven. There are lots of people walking about, in a hurry. Some people are dressed in military uniforms. Someone is talking to me and pointing to a hut like building on a small hill. I go over there. There’s a door to the small building but its pitch black inside. I go inside and I can’t remember what happens inside, but I eventually come back out and realize I’m in the wrong place and I need to get to another place, very fast. People start running around and shouting. Everything starts shaking.
Next I’m in another part of this place, the walls are the same color but it’s a huge, very tall cylindrical room. At the bottom is lava and red light glowing up and lighting the walls. I see poles that go below and people are with me. I know I need to got down but I’m afraid.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 12:38:05 AM by mobius »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
Re: Dreams
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 02:22:12 PM »
Ohh yeah. Dreams can be real movie material sometimes. Oftentimes they make no sense at all, but that is another part what makes them so great, because it is a welcome change to real life logic.

I do actually maintain a dream diary, it currently has 340 entries, plus there's a pretty big gap of about 3 or 4 years (I definitely had dreams during that time) because I refused to maintain something that felt incomplete (I couldn't remember all my dreams detailedly enough, or get around to writing them down in time), but luckily I managed to pick it up again last year and just add to it even if I only remember tiny little things.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 07:50:22 PM »
Oh yes Mobius is right as soon as you wake up I think that might be the best time where you remember your dreams before it fades away so to say.

I might as well throw this idea out there as it was something I did try in the past. My idea was that I would publish a book about dreams well my dreams. I did it as a sort of experiment where I would record my dreams each day.  Some might think that sounds like a boring idea, it might be then again you never know.

To make the book interesting I think that the public need to know about you. We need to know a bit about the person having the dreams so that you get a better understanding of the dreams themselves.

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 12:04:09 AM »
I think I remember one dream where I saw a pilot for an ARMS animated series

Another where I stumbled across the girl I met in high school and wanted to see again

but saddest of all was about when I was in a house I previously lived in, I was on my computer, I see my little sister fooling around and then, I see my deceased brother come out of his room, and he was in a chipper mood, he even decided to show my little sister about Amiibos in Smash 4, I had a Samus amiibo in that dream to, I was thinking "No this isn't real" I felt like crying, next thing I knew, he was huging me tight, comforting me.

That dream felt like a gut punch during that morning, I didn't even want to tell my mom about because it hurts me to see her cry

Wow, talk about an emotional 900th post

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
    • Colorful Arty's Youtube Page
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 12:25:37 AM »
(internet hug for GigaLem) :'(
My Youtube channel where I let's play games with family-friendly commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRPZ5j87ft_clSRLFCESQA

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/colorfularty

My levelpack: SubLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4942.0
For Old formats NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2787.0
For SuperLemmini: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2704.0

My levelpack: ArtLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4583.0

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 08:29:01 AM »
Ohh yeah. Dreams can be real movie material sometimes.
I'd say that dreams can also make great video games!

My dreams usually involve a lot of memes for some reasons I couldn't possibly understand, but sometimes my dreams make a bit more sense.
Just this other night I saw a dream where I was send back to my elementary school and I would have to go through it all again... :-\ I consider that a nightmare because I woke up gasping.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 02:58:39 PM »
I see my deceased brother come out of his room, and he was in a chipper mood, he even decided to show my little sister about Amiibos in Smash 4, I had a Samus amiibo in that dream to, I was thinking "No this isn't real" I felt like crying, next thing I knew, he was huging me tight, comforting me.

I know how you feel. I remember when my grandfather died I was little and I would start to see him in my dreams. The one that really got me was one where he hugged me and I told him I was glad to see him again.

Just this other night I saw a dream where I was send back to my elementary school and I would have to go through it all again...

I always have those dreams where I'm back at high school and I am late to class but I can't run or find my way around the school. Funny how your brain thinks it's real even though it should know that I'm not back there!

And yes, I think that dreams can be really good sources of inspiration for things. In fact, I believe that a lot of inspiration the author for The Strange Case Of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde had came from a dream when he was trying to find ideas for it.

I also think that dreams can sometime reveal things that we never knew we had. Not in a Sigmund Freud way, but I remember having a lot of strange dreams that were chaotic (even for dreamscape standards) during a difficulty part of my life. It was as if my brain was reflected the stress I was feeling even though I didn't physically feel it.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 01:53:57 AM »
several nights ago had a real nightmare; but I was happy because it inspired me to start writing again!

This dream morphed in from a separate one which I can barely recall but I think I was in a house of a woman I used to know and the house is really filthy with junk everywhere. Somehow I wound up in the house of a man I work with. Now fyi; there was nothing nasty in this dream, so don't get worried. But (in real life) another co-worker showed me recently that this man is in fact on the sex-crime neighborhood watch. I don't know what he did; and he seems like a decent guy but apparently this subconsciously gave rise to this dream.

This house was actually a mansion with dark wood walls in some kind of mountain landscape. This co-worker (an older man) was showing me around and showing me all these weird statues and knights of armor and swords and stuff like that. It almost resembled a museum. We go through all these different rooms and eventually come to a room with a hole in the floor, with a chute that leads into some other room below. I can see faint light and hear some commotion in the distance. The co-worker invites me to join him at something (can't remember what he says, and he speaks in a Spanish accent so sometimes it's difficult to understand him (in real life too)).

Then a young Chinese woman in a weird red dress runs by and jumps down the chute and disappears. For some reason I realize that there is something going on down here, something terrible. And suddenly I remember what I learned at work in real life and get afraid. I realize this is a trap and I need to escape. I hesitate then he says 'okay, we'll be over here when you want to join us' or something like this then he goes away.

I look around and see a huge window looking into some other room. There's someone else there looking away from me. I try to see who it is, then realize it's myself; I'm looking at the back of my own head. For some reason I realize that this is another trap; if I go through there I'll wind up right back where I was. So I look to the left and see another window. This one I think shows the same image but turned 90 degrees. For some reason I think this is the way to escape so I crawl through.

I slide down a mirror and now I'm in another wooden room; there's at least one window looking out onto a wooed landscape. Then a voice speaks; like a narrator; (I can't remember exactly what was said)
"...chose... path ....escaped the mirror... and the mirror responded negatively."
Now I get more terrified then ever. The gravity in the room changes and I realize I'm being sucked back into the place I just was. The mirror is actually a chalkboard. But I'm floating around and being sucked in; I try to grab something to hold on to but there's nothing.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 12:35:45 AM by mobius »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2017, 03:04:00 AM »
Dreams are kinda strange with me. I don't really have them often at all. Maybe I do have them and just don't remember them, or perhaps I've just gotten into the habit of immediately dismissing them because I feel they aren't worth sharing. My mom is the dreamer in the family; she usually has something to share about the funky business that went down in her subconscious.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 03:20:14 AM »
I had this phase where the only thing I would dream about was losing my teeth, and I would have to wake up and remind myself that it was just a dream and that I still have my teeth. Later on someone told me that if you dream about losing teeth it's because you were really stressed. I realized then that I had these dreams during a very stressful time in my life so it made perfect sense, and afterwards I stopped having those dreams. It seems like it was my body's way of manifesting those feelings.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 01:21:34 AM »
here's one of my best remembered dreams from quite a few years ago:

First I was at my old job in a retail store, with some of my old friends. I wasn't working; I think it was the end of the day and everybody was talking. I don't remember what about.
Then me and a small group of people including a friend got into a helicopter and flew away. We flew across the ocean and we were talking about how in Brazil they 'breed' and train illegal immigrants to work for little money.

Then we got to Brazil and it was an image I remember distinctly. A desolate wasteland with dark clouds and ominous feeling that stretched on forever. Huge tall and colorful walls made of either Leggos or K'Nex that made up large cubicals where people were forced to lived. The sky was very dark but the ground was bright.

Then we were riding in some kind of gravity-levitating ship and we went into some kind of gigantic factory. It was like being inside a computer there were wires and giant circuit boards. And I felt like I was trespassing or spying. For some reason we kept running into things and cutting wires. When we cut a wire an alarm went off and I said; if you cut a wire, pull it out all the way then the alarm will go off and we won't be noticed. I don't know how or why I knew that but I did.

We navigating through this strange place in this levitating ship then crashed and I thought we were going to be caught, but police officer-like people walked right by us like it didn't matter or they didn't notice. But then an extremely tall man (like 20 feet tall) in a blue suit with white hair (he reminded me a lot of actor Chevy Chase) came up to us and I knew he was a bad guy. He picked me and my friend up by our hands and lifted us both over his head and said something to me.
I can't remember what it was exactly but it was something mocking/chastising. I remember feeling his gigantic hands, His thumb was as big as my whole hand. He also said something like 'just try to escape' or something. His voice was high pitched and squeaky and very quiet. Then I did something and broke free, my hands did anyway but then I remember just staying in that position up in the air.... then I woke up.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Holtzen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 11:01:58 AM »
I had this phase where the only thing I would dream about was losing my teeth, and I would have to wake up and remind myself that it was just a dream and that I still have my teeth. Later on someone told me that if you dream about losing teeth it's because you were really stressed. I realized then that I had these dreams during a very stressful time in my life so it made perfect sense, and afterwards I stopped having those dreams. It seems like it was my body's way of manifesting those feelings.

I never knew dreaming about losing teeth is caused by stress. I dream about that too on occasion.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 12:59:47 AM »
Welcome to the forum Holtzen.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 12:23:56 AM »

it's funny I heard that as well, and I've certainty have had stressful times in my life but never dreamed of loosing my teeth. I have however; dreamed several times about being trapped somewhere without any clothes. And I'd be embarrassed and running around naked while trying not to be seen. Maybe it's a similar

I had a biblical dream several nights ago (maybe Arty can help me interpret this one?):

I was on some kind of important mission from God, and in this dream; god was a cat, my cat actually, Idk how but somehow I knew that this cat was God. And the cat/god was leading me. I was with another large person but I can't remember who they were or what they were like other than being big and strong.
We found this enormous stick which turned into a snake, then into a stick then a snake again. I had to cut the head off with a knife; but it kept growing back. Then it finally turned into a stick and vanished.
I aksed the cat/god what I was supposed to do but it didn't respond and walked away.
Then I was overwhelmed with a strong, powerful uneasy feeling; like everything about the world and life itself was not as I thought it was like I had been deceived or living some kind of delusion, and was suddenly forever changed.

----------

I kept forgetting to mention this one but I had a dream about forum members!

I went on a vacation to England and visited Flopsy; we were eating at this restaurant and another person (a girl I think) was there but I can't remember who) He was showing me some kind of exotic food. I was eating it and it tasted terrible but I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I was pretending to like it but then I felt like I had to throw up. I can'r remember the rest of it.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 02:10:56 AM »
Well, I'm no Daniel, but I'll try to interpret your biblical dream. Hope it ain't too preachy. ;P

You say God was a cat? I'm not surprised he would take on a different form than his true one as his true form would cause you to instantly die due to God being unable to be in human presence due to their sinful nature. Maybe he became your cat so you'd feel safe and comfortable around him?

I am at a loss as to who this other large person you were with was. Maybe this represents the human race, as we try to seem big and powerful on our own.

Very interesting that you had a vision of a stick becoming a snake and vice versa, because that is exactly what happened to Moses' staff in the Old Testament. He and Aaron threw down the staff at the feet of Pharaoh, and it became a snake to show Pharaoh that he was in the presence of God. I think that vision was there to help you realize the cat was God, and not just your cat.

The interesting part is where God the cat walked away and you were filled with a terrible feeling of uneasiness. At this point, you were alone, only with the fellow man to keep you company. Maybe this was to show you how terrible it is when God seems to abandon us. I know there are times I've felt like God cannot hear me or has left me when I need Him. It's not fun, but thankfully He never truly leaves us; sometimes Him not answering us is the answer we are looking for.

I wish there were training I could do for this kind of thing. I wonder where the Prophets learned prophetic dream interpretation...

For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4942.0

For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4583.0

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 03:37:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure help from God's holy spirit is required. I doubt Daniel would have been able to interpret Nebuchadnezzar's dreams solely on his own merits.
That said, I feel like mobius's dream is probably not a divine message. :P

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 12:39:18 AM »
I was semi-joking but thanks for responding! I'm glad I'm not the only one taking an interest in dreams.

Though I'm not religious, I appreciate the interpretation. My first and obvious interpretation is that this was a reflection of guilt for not following the religious teachings I was raised on. And while certain aspects, (e.g. the snake etc.) are most likely taken from what I know of the bible, I'm pretty certain there was/is a lot more going on with this dream and it's deeper than that.

I remembered another couple of things about the dream;

I forgot to mention the whole dream took place in a desert like area, it was barren and sandy.
The stick/snake was big. 'Stick' isn't a good word; it was more like a large tree branch. I think there were more people present during this part, a woman in gold clothes? I think the cat at one point was watching me from a distance.

Near the end (after the snake/branch ordeal was over) I realized I was standing in a dry river bed which somehow I knew had once been a deep flowing river. I was left standing holding the branch in one hand but when I let go it remained in place and I saw it was very long and there were other twisty branches around. This is what brought on the intense emotional feeling.
The person I was with I don't think was exactly familiar but they seemed like a friend. I don't remember them really contributing too much. I remember pointing to the cat and saying to my friend; "ask him, that's God, after all. Ask him what to do."
When the cat walked away there was a staircase nearby (as if I was indoors, even though I wasn't, particularly in a basement) but I don't think it went up the staircase. 

The powerful feeling I described was truly strange and intense, I cannot put it into words; only describe an approximation.
On one hand it was a devastatingly sad and frightening feeling; like knowing I was about to die or that the whole world was ending.
On another hand it was a revelatory feeling. Like I just discovered something deep and terrible. Like I uncovered a lie or a hidden truth about the world or life itself. I felt totally deceived but at the same time awakened; like I suddenly had a new power that made me strong and opened up some kind of possibility. The feeling was so strong I believe this is what woke me up.

While trying to remember the dream for some reason I'm reminded of a wedding reception I attended at an early age. Seeing a very long table filled with food and a large fancy round plate, white and decorated with an elaborate design of many colors.

-----------

Other recurring dreams I've had:

falling from a great distance. Often into water (from a bridge) and I continue falling through the water as if it's not slowing me down. The feeling is so strong it usually wakes me up. It's scary but also exhilarating. The craziest part is I still feel the falling sensation a little bit after I wake up. It takes a moment or two to go away. It's like I can literally feel my body coming to a rest (back in bed) or my brain realizing I'm not really falling but adjusting gradually.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2018, 02:59:23 AM »
speaking of biblical dreams; I've been reading about a lot of history and weird things lately. Like a theory that people from the bible were on hallucinogenic mushrooms; which is what really gave them these 'spiritual dreams'
--------
anyway a very cool dream I picked from my dream notebook from years ago:

First aliens were abducting people and eating them. Interestingly I was writing a book about exactly this at that time.

But then later in the dream I was part of this science lab studying animals and they discovered a skunk that was super intelligent and it spelled out "HELP" in ink after tearing through a room and destroying things. So we took care of it and studied it. Then later somehow somebody discovered that the aliens had implanted a human's mind into this skunk and somewhere there was a person with the mind of a skunk. So we were trying to help this human turned into skunk but I woke up around this point.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2018, 12:18:19 AM »
I was listening to this lecture of Terence McKenna talk about DMT and was reminded of my snake dream;
https://youtu.be/n3_Vw7Mzwhg?t=19m28s

At the end of my dream, this revelation and the feeling associated with it was quite like (but I think not as intense) as what he described when he says things like being "in fear of dying from astonishment".

Supposedly DMT is a chemical that is created in small amounts in our brain and scientist theorize that it's used during dreaming. When people take this drug (in a larger dose than that which would be produced in the body normally) the accounts they often give are like incredibly intense dreams.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2018, 10:59:12 PM »
Incredibly intense dreams are a great feeling as long as it is a good dream not a nightmare. I usually think of a nightmare dream being a dream where you are so glad it was not real, you feel happy when you are awake. Dreams like being at the dentist or arguing with loved ones tends to be nightmare ones for me. Maybe everyone will have their own definition of nightmare, I remember having dreams in the past where there was lots of spiders everywhere all over the walls and pavements outside.

What about the dream where you are flying over water, well I sometimes get ones where I'm flying in a plane over the sea and I'm the pilot or someone else is. I fear falling into the sea and drowning.

I believe that you can tell a lot about a person if you study his or her dreams.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 01:01:16 AM »
remembered another one from several months ago;

I was at my old job (except, as so often, it was totally different)
me and the guy I used to work for; were working in a large factory with large tanks around us. My boss was doing something I thought was dangerous. Some things happened that I can't remember; I can only remember feeling the urge to do or say something but I failed to do so and felt partly responsible for the problem later.
Alarms went off and steam began to burst out of pipes and tanks. People were running around to evacuate. I was immediately filled with a deep dreadful feeling of impending doom.
I got my boss and he called his wife then we both got to a safe place and he sat down to rest but I knew that we still needed to go further, but he wouldn't go. So I ran away alone.

I don't remember exactly when I had this dream but I think it was around the time my boss's wife passed away from cancer; I wonder if this had something to do with it. I knew that she had unhealthy habits for quite some time; now I wonder if I could've or should've done more to help her.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2018, 02:12:58 AM »
Somehow I almost totally forgot to record this dream: it was a pretty awesome one from several weeks ago! (ironically I was reminded of it while reading the bible)

Someone I knew showed me a special place; like a virtual reality chamber. It was a little like a movie theater; dark and very tall and large. But there was a large square room with glass walls or at least I thought they were glass. Some of the walls were solid with fabric straps along them.
I was allowed to test the chamber so my friend went away telling me he'd start it up.

At first the room glowed green and blue like it was underwater but there were little flecks of light glimmering around. I entered the chamber and I started floating upwards. My body felt weightless. I floated for a long time, then saw other things passing by. Different colors and sounds flowed around me. I can't remember it very well, but there was a lot of things, I think it was like a roller coaster at one point. At another point I was hiding behind a rock in the old west; there were cowboys and Indians shooting at each other, it was very loud.
Eventually the images stopped and I was standing in the room alone. Then powerful wind turned on and I was blown up against the ceiling. I grabbed onto a strap to hold on. I remembering wondering how the machine made such powerful wind...
The coolest thing about this dream was the feeling of weightlessness and being blown around at the end. It was so realistic!

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2018, 12:11:24 PM »
I see my deceased brother come out of his room, and he was in a chipper mood, he even decided to show my little sister about Amiibos in Smash 4, I had a Samus amiibo in that dream to, I was thinking "No this isn't real" I felt like crying, next thing I knew, he was huging me tight, comforting me.

I know how you feel. I remember when my grandfather died I was little and I would start to see him in my dreams. The one that really got me was one where he hugged me and I told him I was glad to see him again.

This is different for me, actually. My father died over 3 years ago, and coincidentally, just this night, he appeared in a dream of mine. However, I only realised a few seconds after waking up that that was remarkable.
Earlier, less long after my father died, he appeared more often. However, I don't recognise what you're saying, being glad to see him again. I was often a bit annoyed in my dream, as in real life my brain was trying to process my father being dead, and now he was suddenly alive again. So I'd say to him "You're supposed to be dead!".

I'm pretty sure help from God's holy spirit is required. I doubt Daniel would have been able to interpret Nebuchadnezzar's dreams solely on his own merits.
That said, I feel like mobius's dream is probably not a divine message. :P
At 'Debate and Argumentation', at my current study (that is almost over, I'm both very happy and sad about that), the first 'theorem' (I looked for the right word, but couldn't find it, I'll hope this is it... or perhaps 'preposition'?) we had to debate about was (translated from Dutch): "A Christian should let his life be lead by his nightly dreams."
What I got out of the debate is that dreams aren't always useful to interpret, and sometimes it's hard to tell whether they're from God or not. As such, I think Christians shouldn't let their lives be lead by regular, every-night dreams.

Some things about my own experiences: when I was young, I often had lucid nightmares. I'd know I was in a nightmare, and I'd be very scared. I'd hear my heart pound, and I used to think that that pounding sound was the sound of impending doom. At some point, more and more often I'd let myself be killed by the bad guy in those nightmares, so I'd wake up.
Then at one point, I realised I could actually open my eyes, instead of committing suicide. That was a lot more pleasant of a way for a dream to end. Since then, I've tried to wake up as soon as I noticed I was inside a nightmare. Sometimes I could open my eyes without much effort, but other times I didn't succeed right away. I discovered that terror shock would help me to end the dream. For example, I recall a time when I was cycling with some other people, in a nightmare. I wanted the nightmare to end, but couldn't open my eyes. So I decided to throw my handlebar to the right and drive off the road, into the water. Well, that woke me up. :P
The older I get, the less often I get nightmares. And during more pleasant dreams, I don't become lucid. I don't realise I'm dreaming. So because of that I don't have too much experience doing interesting things in dreams.
There were a few times, however, when I was having a nightmare and I became lucid, but it was quite a tame nightmare. So I said to myself "This is actually interesting, I won't wake up just yet." I'd make sure I wouldn't forget I was dreaming, so I could wake up whenever I got into real danger, but I could keep on experiencing the dream longer if I extended waking up. This is really interesting to me. It's been quite a while since I last had that, though.
There are two other special dreaming experiences I've had as a kid that I'd like to share. One of them was when I had a non-lucid dream, and then some weeks or months later, I was back in that dream. And then if I recall correctly, that happened another time. The only thing I remember for sure (I've got a vague location image, but it's too vague to share faithfully) is that in that original dream and the two follow-up dreams I had got the Ragdoll Cannon game with 170 levels. I wrote '120' at first, from memory, but the things is, that game actually exists. It's referenced at the title screen here. And as a kid I once installed it, but only the first 10 or so levels were available, which made me really sad.
So the big thing about those dreams was that I had the full Ragdoll Cannon game with all 170 levels, and all three times when I got that dream I was extremely happy, and when I woke up I was very disappointed. :P If only I could once play all those levels in real life... it must've existed, right?...
And then secondly: I once had a very long and special dream, where I had a guardian angel. I remember three locations: at the earliest I was walking in the ditch of a very long road, towards some kind of medieval building. At the second I was in the block I then lived, and I made up a song. And I actually remembered that song, and as a kid I'd sometimes sing it in the house. I am quite amazed by making up a song while I was asleep. :P At the third I was in a car, on the passenger's seat, and I was driving the wrong way. Then my guardian angel appeared again (I'm quite certain she was in other parts of the dream too, but I can only remember this specific appearance), and took the wheel to get me to safety.
Now, the most interesting thing about this dream was that eventually... I died. I unfortunately don't remember how. But as said before, usually when I got into danger I'd wake up, either from the shock or because I realised I was dreaming and opened my eyes. This dream, though, I wasn't lucid - it also wasn't a nightmare. But I died.
And then... there was a staff roll. The credits played.
That made me laugh out loud, and that's what woke me up. :D

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2018, 04:18:32 PM »
interesting stuff there 607!

----------
A dream I remembered immediately because I slept late and woke up as it ended.

I was at my grandparents big old house; there were lots of people there, including my other grandparents. I remember saying hi and goodbye to my grandfather and uncle (both are long deceased) and hugging them. I was shouting at my grandfather because he was almost deaf my whole life. My grandmother (also deceased) wasn't there, which is sort of interesting because she died quite a few years before them. I don't remember who all the other people were but my other grandparents (still living) were also there and were living there like their house was gone or something.

Then another aunt and my mother were walking through the house and I was following them. I found a secret passageway under a staircase and I could see into a room which I recognized but felt weird; which I realized then was because I was looking into it from an unusual angle. Then the room started shaking and I realized it was because my mother and aunt was walking up the steps above me.

Then I was with them upstairs in another huge room and also on a small train/cart ride thing within this room. The walls were weird, like carnival colored and there were lots of strangers also taking a ride on this thing. I was explaining to my aunt (this part is supposedly true) that this house was built in the 18th century and was used during the Civil War as a safe place for slaves escaping the south on the underground railroad, on their way up north.* I remember some stranger looking at me funny and then I can't remember what happened.

Eventually I was in another strange mansion with my parents. We were on the 3rd or 4th floor in some kind of living room. I remembering looking out the window seeing trees and a huge patio and a pool. It was getting dark outside. Then a fuzzy dog came in the room and looked really cute. But then It was a squirrel, and there were two of them and they looked a little vicious. They jumped onto me, one onto my back and one on my arm, creeping me out. That's when I woke up and I could feel tingling on my back and arm after I woke up where the squirrels were.

After waking I remembered my grandparents' family and how much I miss them.

*For those unaware: before and after the U.S. civil war the "underground railroad" was a term for a series of secretive places and people that helped black people under oppression during this time in America to escape from areas in the Southern US to places in the north or Canada.
My grandparents house was a 3 story house  built around 1770-1799 and originally was used as a hotel or  bed-and-breakfast. The garage literally used to be a horse stable. They believed their house was such a places during the 19th Century. (Ironic because my grandparents were a little racist)

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2018, 11:59:37 PM »
I believe talking and thinking about your dreams helps you remember them better over time. This happened to me several years ago when I discussed them at length with a friend and on another forum. Now it's happening again :D

Last night I had this one at around 2-3:00 AM and it woke me up. Afterwards I couldn't get back to sleep for over an hour and my mind couldn't calm down about other things for some reason. I also experienced a weird phenomena where I would close my eyes and imagine my mind's eye moving forward slowly and my head would hurt. If I opened my eyes the pain went away. Not sure what this was all about but it was strange and I'm not sure if this happened to me before.

I was reminded again of how much like dreams David Lynch's films are. Though I've never heard him admit this I think he clearly gets inspiration from them.

Anyway, the dream:

I am seeing an image near an enormous mountain side, thousands of feet; maybe miles above the ground. I'm not physically on the mountain, I'm not even there in person, I'm just witnessing these images somehow.
There are two enormous rivers flowing down the mountain, with a large stone wall in between them and a ramp near/to the edge. The rivers flow to a waterfall over the cliff that leads to the valley below, so far down I can't make out the bottom. It is very dark, nighttime, maybe twilight. The view of the whole mountain is blocked by the cliff face near my view.
There is a high pitched, old man's voice speaking to me. Sadly I cannot remember a single thing said, but a lot was said and it seemed important to me at the time or surprising.
After a while this view slowly turns and moves forward around the corner to reveal more of the mountain and the rivers. Then it backs up and I return to where I was. This repeats several times and the old man kept speaking.

After a while the old man stopped speaking and I looked down at the river closest to me and saw, through the water; a place, like a room in a valley inside the river with a door with a light above, on a wall facing the waterfall. The water was gone and I went down into this place. Now I was standing with my body in this smaller place and there were two doors and a switch. I pulled the switch and something made a noise. I can't remember the noise, it wasn't like an alarm but it gave me the feeling of an alarm. I think I heard the sound of water rushing.

Later I moved up the river and entered a system of caves. It was darker inside here. At each room the floor was covered in bones and these things sort of resembling guitar picks (but more complex in shape).
There were groups of ape-like alien creatures roaming about and doing things like fighting each other.
There was a series of rooms; in each room I had to fight a creature to proceed, as if I was in some sort of trial of initiation or something. It was somekind of well established ritual, and I was doing it as if I was well accustomed to this. I encountered people I know in suits and they told me who was coming next to fight me each time. They said it was people I knew. And somehow all the people I knew where there, except they weren't really the people I knew; they were the ape alien creatures instead, but I felt like it was really the people I knew and I found this amusing. The first creature/fight was slow but over quickly.  Each fight was more difficult than the last one. The creatures in each room were a different color.
At the last room I asked who was coming. They said it was___ (an old woman I know in real life, I won't say names). And I said; "are they going to try to kill me?" The man chuckled and said; yes, they'll try to kill you." But I wasn't afraid.
When the creatures (who was somehow also this old woman I knew in real life) came, it came faster than all the rest. It was very fast and very difficult to fight. It also was not really a creature like the others, it actually looked more like the guitar-pick like things on the ground, but it was powerful. I picked up a guitar-pick like thing and fought with it. I was nervous and tense but not afraid.

------

All day at work I have headphones in and I'm listening to music or the radio. I wonder if the presence of voices often in my dreams is a result of that. I literally have a voice in my head all day long. Hearing voices has been a staple of being human for thousands of years though...
The latter part of the dream felt heavily influenced by video games or movies like Bruce Lee.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2018, 09:28:23 PM »
For the first time in well over a decade, I had a dream that was NOT a reoccurring dream that I actually remember. As an added bonus, it was possibly the first lucid dream I've had. I'll share it here since I think you all will get a kick out of it.

The setting: I was driving back to college (I know I've graduated, but humor my unconsciousness). Along the way, I end up getting dinner and meeting a lot of people from the Lemmings Forums. As to who specifically on the forums they were, I have no clue. My dream told me they were from the forums, but none of them were people I've communicated with. They told me they were flying down to a video game convention and invited me to join them. Since I've debated going to a con before and I "knew" these people, I agreed, and got into one of their vans driving to the airport. This was the point I realized this was a dream and gained slight control over the dream, and the thing that caused me to realize it was a dream still cracks me up. I was in the back of the van and realized, "wait a second, I would never get into a car and go to a con with random people". The other thing that made me logically conclude it wasn't real and instead a dream: more than half of the forumers were women. Ridiculous! Clearly this must be a dream!

At that point, I decided to ride the dream out and enjoy it without focusing too much on the dream that I wake up. At one point, I realized I did not have my wallet, which would be a big problem at the airport when asked for ID. I then used my dream powers to basically think "No, I definitely remembered my wallet" and lo and behold: my wallet was in my pocket. Dream powers!

Many people use their dream powers they gain in lucid dreams to fly or experience crazy things; I used mine to remember my wallet and to ensure I sat next to the nicest girls in the van and on the plane. ;)

The rest of the dream was a bit of a blur, but some highlights include:

The plane not having walls or a ceiling and literally taking off on a runway of water. Only I seemed to think it was weird.

Markiplier showed up at the airport we landed in, and he was a woman. No idea why.

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2018, 10:58:51 AM »
Haha, that did make me laugh, Colorful Arty!

Tuesday, I was at one of the buildings of the University of Utrecht, and I needed to find a toilet. The 15-minute sequence that followed seemed identical in style to one I actually fairly regularly dream. I'm not sure if more people have toilet-finding dreams, but I always wake up at night to go to the toilet (the time when I do has changed throughout the years, and for a year or so a few years back I actually woke up twice a night needing to pee), and I guess if I'm in a dreaming state at the time I usually wake up, I try to find a toilet in my dream. As is to be expected from dreams, I am in a place I don't recognise. Every toilet I find is either occupied, locked/unavailable, a urinal (I don't like using those), or just not there. Tuesday, exactly that happened to me. I was in a place I didn't recognise, and for 15 minutes, I couldn't find a toilet to use.

I had to be somewhere in 15 minutes, but I wanted to go to the toilet first. First I waited minutes on an occupied toilet, and when finally one of the doors opened, it turned out to be a urinal. Which quite surprised me, as usually urinals aren't behind locked doors. I then figured I'd look for another toilet, as I hadn't heard any sound come from the other door. Fortunately, I found a sign with the icons on it. It pointed up, and I found some stairs to go up. I ended up in some kind of library. But there were no toilet signs anymore. There were more stairs, however, and having gone up them, I was in a room that seemed identical to the last. Including more stairs. Climbing those, it appeared I had reached the top. Still no toilets, but I could go to the left here. From here I could look down on where I had been at the start. There was a disabled toilet here (as in a toilet for disabled), and I figured I'd have to go there - which is fine on me, it just didn't feel appropriate. I tried the door, and it wouldn't open. I checked if it was locked, but it didn't seem to be, and I tried again: nope. So I went back to the library. I decided to head back a different way, as I might come across the toilets the sign pointed to that way. Climbing down stairs after stairs, I reached the bottom without any signs of a toilet (ha, double meaning there). Eventually, though, I saw one! I followed it, and sure enough, a toilet. ... that was unavailable, as there was a cart with cleaning equipment blocking the door. Eventually I went back to the start of the building, as I remembered seeing another sign with the disabled toilet icon on it, there. I followed it, and I arrived at another sign. I followed that... and it pointed me into a wall. There was an elevator to the right, but I didn't want to use it, and even if I could, it might've just lead me to that disabled toilet that I couldn't open before.

It was so strange to experience this dream scenario IRL that that wondering feeling predominated my frustration. xD

At this point, the 15 minutes had almost passed, and I still hadn't been able to find a toilet. I decided to go find the place I needed to be first, because I realised I wasn't quite at the right place yet, and fortunately, while finding my way there, I eventually came across a toilet I could use. I was late, then, but it turned out I could've been even more late, as there was still a large queue of people needing to 'show up' (basically get your name crossed out).

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2018, 01:10:46 AM »
I've many times had dreams where I need to go to the bathroom and so in my dream I'm running around looking for a bathroom. Then when I wake up I actually have to go to the bathroom. For some reason though, sometimes these dreams what also happens is my body acts weird like it deforms or starts to melt, which is usually very freaky.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who isn't super fond of urinals. I use them when I have to but idk; I never really felt 100% comfortable with chatting about your day next to a guy while peeing.

Jordon Peterson on dreams:

https://youtu.be/44f3mxcsI50?t=1h20m30s

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2018, 01:23:58 AM »
This isn't directly connected to dreams, but relates to the above post. When I'm asleep and my body decides I really need to use the toilet, I hallucinate our front door bell ringing. This has become so regular that by now, I can even distinguish this sound from the real thing.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2018, 09:48:40 PM »
Another really cool one last night!

First it was like I was playing Super Mario 64, Mario was climbing up a tall level like the inside of a tree (also a lot like the Great Hollow from Dark Souls). There were goombas and those enemies I believe were called "amps" (small grey sphere's that fly around and electrocute you). I was climbing up large brown steps. There was a goomba that turned to look at me then got real still and it's face started to disappear.* Then it turned into an amp. I tried to run past but it attacked Mario. But I kept climbing.
Later the place changed from being a blocky polygonal Mario64 into a scene much more like the Great hollow. It was darker and creepy with branches everywhere.  I was climbing up huge fungus ledges attached to a large ugly dark tree in the middle of this huge cavern like place.
I reached the very top (very high up) and on the top most ledge around little twigs and sticks lying on the fungus thing was a tiny blue glowing octopus. At this point I wasn't playing a Mario game anymore and I entered the scene. For some reason I felt the need to do this, but I was apprehensive about it like I knew what was going to happen. I moved my hand in toward the octopus and one of it's tentacles reached toward me. It touched my finger, some kind of needle like thing on it's tentacle stabbed me and injected something into my finger. I immediately felt a very strange cold and sort of lightweight sensation in my feet.

*I just realized that this is a common reoccurring theme in my dreams: faces on people or objects disappearing. I once had a dream where my cats face disappeared into just a big fuzzy orange ball.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 10:03:03 PM by mobius »

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2018, 10:05:59 PM »
Had my very first lucid dream last night!!!

First I was in a restaurant, in the bathroom, looking for the toilets/urinals which seemed to be missing. Then somehow I realized they were invisible, so I peed and watched it go into an invisible toilet... (I'm sure there's fun to be made of me in there somewhere...) Then there were these weird people/statues in the bathroom. I remember passing by them sort of shaking my head thinking it was weird and/or silly. Then I went back into the restaurant and everyone had blue hair (but like plastic wigs). For some reason it was then I realized and said to myself; "I'm dreaming aren't I?" And then some of the people there nodded! And I got excited. Then I was at a table with a really fat woman standing uncomfortably close to me so I poked her in the butt, sort of knowing this was a dream and I could do anything I wanted... [I woke up then]

This was the first time (that I can remember) that I've dreamt and realized I was in a dream :D :D :D

It's worth noting that my dreams have changed since I started meditating. While I can't remember most of them very well since then I remember enough to know there's a stark contrast. Also lately I've been waking up in the morning or in the middle of the night feeling different. I can't really describe it, it's not a good or a bad feeling, it's just different.

Two dreams in the past few days which were very powerful but I don't remember most of them; one was me moving down or falling down some kind of huge structure in the dark. Another was seeing some kind of gigantic green face in the dark, which kind of looked like me, but I don't think it was a reflection. It was like I was looking at another face who might have been me.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2018, 10:47:39 PM »
Hi Mobius

It's kind of cool when you are lucid dreaming. Sometimes I'm able to control small things in a dream or I can feel as if I can wake myself up. Now I could be wrong but I remember once finding out it was lucid dreaming I was able to wake myself up, I'm sure I was able to do this or was that a dream itself, I'm sure it was the first one.

Keep up with the meditation, that will be very beneficial. :) Are you by any chance writing a book? I remember having a sort of reocurring dream that was a bit scary but the moment I found out it was a dream I was able to control what was happening. I used to have a scary dream where I felt as if I was getting attacked by a lampshade looking light on the ceiling. It was a dream I used to have a long time ago. It felt like such a relief when I was lucid dreaming as I knew this is just a dream and nothing to worry about.

Dreams I can remember, one dream I remember is that we are on holiday or something and I find myself playing some sort of ball sport on the grass. The holiday one feels as if it has been a reoccurring dream as I feel as if we have been on holiday for ages and haven't been home for a long time.

Another dream was whenever I drive a car in a dream I'm always crashing into things. (I don't drive in real life yet) could be something I might do in the future but see what happens.

I think I saw you on another website, hillary's water broke. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2018, 11:27:10 PM »
I guess it's time for me to contribute to this thread with a dream I had recently that I actually remember well enough.

Warning: it is really, really weird :scared:

I don't remember how the dream started exactly but all I remember with certainty was that I was with a bunch of old high school acquaintances. I couldn't see their faces and I only recognized one of them for sure. I didn't actually see them but I knew who they were, although their hair color was different. Purple I want to say? Anyway we were leaving some place through an elevator and when the elevator opened I was in a Lemmings level constructed with the Death Egg tileset (I think this is entirely because of recent happenings and it was still fresh in my mind). We merely walked through it and took a bunch of regular, everyday looking elevators until we were finally outside.

Suddenly the scene changed and my old acquaintances were gone. I was alone, but it didn't seem strange. I was in a dense forest and I had just come back from dropping off my brother at the university. I was walking home now. I kept going. I actually thought to myself, "You know if I were to tell my past self I would be doing this, I wouldn't believe it! I really have come a long way!" Afterwards I came across a more urban area with stone arches by a tall cliff and a river below. That is when I realized something. You know when you have a dream and you feel like you have had that dream many times before but you didn't? That is how I felt and that is when I noticed that a bridge I would always take coming home in these dreams was gone! I had to take another way home and I was concerned this was going to be the only way from now on.

The only other way to get home was through a boat ride, but I didn't have enough money. That meant I had to make money quickly. I met a woman who offered me a quick job. All I had to do is say the news by reading from a teleprompter in a news station nearby. For some reason I sat in a very small room with a very large teleprompter right in front of me. The woman quickly counted down from three and I barely got ready before I started reading. That is when I realized that it wasn't the news but just a really bad rap song. I mean the words were purely random and I think I laughed, but I don't remember. All I know was that the lady got really upset at this, but still paid me for doing the job. I took the boat ride home but I never made it to the boat because I woke up at that point, or at least stopped remembering the dream.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2018, 12:14:46 AM »
I had this yesterday I think.

I was back at school and I think the subject was PE, we were starting a new activity which was we were getting medical tested which was strange. I remember being given a liquid that made me drowsy, I found it tricky to open my eyes. Lots of my school mates were getting tested as well. I remember feeling really tired and I was given this injection into my shoulder. It felt sore when they pulled the plaster off my shoulder where the injection was.

Another experiment was trying to get us to forgive serial killers and there was a two buttons, one for forgiven someone and the other for not forgiven someone. I felt tired from my last experiment but as I was thinking what button to press the guy controlling the experiment pushed my hand onto the forgive button so I clicking forgive everytime. 

Another experiment was them giving us this liquid to drink and the liquid caused us to be sick, that's what the purpose of the liquid was used for.

I didn't want the dream to end as I was enjoying it for some reason. I thought this course and subject seemed amazing.

I think Simon from the forum made an appearance in my dream, we found out the reason why Simon has a christmas theme on his avatar, he was dared to do it for October, one of his friends must of dared him to do it. That was the reason according to the dream I had.

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2018, 08:02:33 PM »
I had this yesterday I think.

I was back at school and I think the subject was PE, we were starting a new activity which was we were getting medical tested which was strange. I remember being given a liquid that made me drowsy, I found it tricky to open my eyes. Lots of my school mates were getting tested as well. I remember feeling really tired and I was given this injection into my shoulder. It felt sore when they pulled the plaster off my shoulder where the injection was.

Another experiment was trying to get us to forgive serial killers and there was a two buttons, one for forgiven someone and the other for not forgiven someone. I felt tired from my last experiment but as I was thinking what button to press the guy controlling the experiment pushed my hand onto the forgive button so I clicking forgive everytime. 

Another experiment was them giving us this liquid to drink and the liquid caused us to be sick, that's what the purpose of the liquid was used for.

I didn't want the dream to end as I was enjoying it for some reason. I thought this course and subject seemed amazing.

I think Simon from the forum made an appearance in my dream, we found out the reason why Simon has a christmas theme on his avatar, he was dared to do it for October, one of his friends must of dared him to do it. That was the reason according to the dream I had.
There are quite some mistakes in this post, but it actually makes it even more funny to read. ;)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2018, 04:58:57 AM »
Quote from: grams88

Hah, very nice. I would never have guessed that the early santa hats induced this much speculation. Here's the full story.

In some years, I don't care much about the holiday season at all; in other years, I'll try to get into the festive mood. That can be nice and peaceful after all.

The supermarkets carry christmas snacks from September on, that inspired me to build Lix levels. This will become a small holiday pack, around 20 levels, to be released in early December. When one wants to release Christmas specials, it's advisable anyway to start some months beforehand, to ship in time.

Unrelated to the Lix levels, there were two holiday mini-episodes of Jazz Jackrabbit 1 in 1994 and 1995. Their speedruns got competitive recently, most of my streams in October were attacks of the 1994 holiday game. The stream viewers got to hear Jingle Bells more than anything.

I've decided to let myself get carried in this flow, and want to feel more peaceful and homely. :lix-grin: Accordingly, the porcupine gets to wear its hats early this year. (I still love to rant about failing technology or missing features in programming languages.)

-- Simon

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2018, 01:01:28 AM »
since meditating I've come to think about dreams and mind in more precise ways of late and I feel like just sharing a few things to see if anyone has any kind of remote sense of what I'm talking about.

OFten when I'm drifting into and out of sleep I realize (during that brief period) when I'm dreaming or not. Sometimes I'll be thinking deliberately [e.g. imagining a time I hiked through the woods years ago] then a few moments pass and I drifted into sleep but something brought me back and I realize my thoughts became strange. Like the woods scene completely changed; [e.g. other strange people entered the scene] and I don't know why; or where this thought came from.
Sometimes while thinking and drifting close to sleep I'll hear a sound; like a voice in my mind but from another place in my mind; such that it's sound is distinctly different from the adjacent thoughts I had just been thinking. This may have to do with:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome
which I am pretty sure I have.
------
According to a doctor I heard on a pod cast recently he believes that it's possible every dream we have is logged in our memories but it's the connection or retrieval to those memories that is lost.
Sometimes a sound or event in daily life can trigger the memory of a past dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwaWilO_Pig&t=4941s

----
Sometimes I have two seemingly separate memories of dreams that somehow are linked or feel linked. Sometimes a specific location in my real life seems linked to a memory of a dream. For example recently there is a spot in my backyard that reminds me of a re-occurring dream where machines in my basement are blowing up and I'm in danger. And likewise the dream reminds me of this spot in my backyard. Logically; the two things have nothing to do with one another.

-----
When overly tired I can notice a lot of oddities in my consciousness. This is very difficult to describe, so understand that these are approximations. For example; recently when I went a whole night without sleep; I took a nap the following day (actually slept for several hours) before falling asleep I noticed (or 'found' you might say) something which I hadn't seen in years. I was in bed and about to fall asleep. Somewhere in my consciousness was a large object sort of purple but difficult to make out as any kind of real shape or object. Yet somehow distinct as well; with curving lines. It was sort of painful but no the same kind of pain as ordinary pain. I played around with it for a moment, even though painful; kind of happily as I remembered it from years ago. Like it was a separate thing and I could touch it somehow and manipulate it. I have no idea what this was or what it means.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2018, 12:40:42 AM »
Hi Everyone

Interesting read there Mobius. Exploding head syndrome, I noticed that people have tried clomipramine to help with these symptoms, that's the medication I'm taking for my ocd. Could be some sort of connection between the Exploding head syndrome and ocd. I usually got intrusive thoughts which can be quite hard to handle but the medication has been helping.

Hoping it's not causing you too much trouble Mobius

According to a doctor I heard on a pod cast recently he believes that it's possible every dream we have is logged in our memories but it's the connection or retrieval to those memories that is lost.
Sometimes a sound or event in daily life can trigger the memory of a past dream.

Hope I did the quote thing right. :) That is interesting as that is something I believe in myself that we can in a sense unlock our memory to dreams we have not remembered in a long time. Dreams are cool and weird. My mum told me her dream the other day and I got a laugh.

Thanks for sharing Simon, Now we know the true story. :) The festive season is a nice time for family to get together, maybe members of the family we have not seen for a long time. It's also good to relax as well.  I think I played the 1995 version of Jazz Jackrabbit which was a holiday or christmas themed one, it has snow and if I remember correctly the bad guys were red in that one. I played the jazz jackrabbit with my brother to see who is champion. We raced each other and seen who got the better time but if you die you fail as you were only allowed one attempt. 

You are right 607 there are a few mistakes in my last post. I seem to be doing that a lot lately. :-[

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2018, 07:19:49 PM »
Last night I dreamt that one of my best friends' mother mentioned she had bought a set of AA batteries for €9843. We were a bit surprised, even in a dream! I'm very glad I woke up shortly after dreaming this, as I could write down the exact amount so I wouldn't forget. It's so interestingly precise. ;)

Offline Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2019, 10:01:37 AM »
So I had a weird dream last night and since it's relevant I decided to post it here.

I was visiting Simon (probably at his home) - he seemed to have a house, no idea how big since I only got to see like 3-4 rooms. When I entered, there were Simon, geoo and Forestidia playing Hanabi. I sat down to join them mid-run and drew 4 cards while the others had a few more each. As I was looking at the cards of the others to contemplate my turn, I was baffled to see a yellow 7 on Simon's hand (next to a yellow 2 that might have been playable) - that made me think that it was a variant where the numbers went up to 7. I asked him (knowing that he'd suspect he'd have a 7 in his hand) whether a 7 would be the last number in a sequence, but I don't remember the answer. Instead, I looked over at geoo's hand and saw an 8. Additionally I also noticed another 8 of the same color was already lying in the discard pile. The rest of the cards in their hands were low numbers - Simon or Forestidia hat 4 or 5 1s in different colors, all unplayable. Simon had a single playable card but due to him having multiple 2s and multiple yellow cards I could not think of a hint to give him. Forestidia had a blue 3 she could play, but for some reason I couldn't give her a hint either. geoo only had trash in his hand. Afterwards it feels like it's been pretty long (maybe about 10-15 minutes) until I actually resolved my turn by discarding a card from my hand (I had totally forgotten that was a thing! I also mentioned this to the others), it was a red 3.
Shortly thereafter I joined them for lunch, but strangely I only entered the kitchen/dining room (not sure which it was, so I'll refer to it as kitching room from here) when they were about to finish their meal. They had chili con carne with bread and rolls. After eating they proceeded to just chill and talk or discuss some topics. I don't remember what exactly, because I was suddenly playing the Lix Level Solving Contest #3 level because I had a flash of wit concerning a good solution. Halfway through though I noticed that one of the Lix in the left holding pit transformed into a shellless blue koopa (from Super Mario World). That annoyed me greatly because it would kick any Lix using a skill off the level, and if for some reason a koopa shell would land in that holding pit the koopa would kick it and pretty much get a strike on Lixes within that pit. I went over to Simon (he was kinda hanging out in the bathroom with the others, sitting on the edge of the bathtub) and complained about the random events in Lix and that he should take them away because it makes the game unpredictable. He seemed in favor of the idea.
Then I moved back into the kitching room and went to the toilet which strangely was placed in one corner of that room without any barriers. While I was doing my business Forestidia shamelessly just walked in on me (she definitely saw me through the open door) and picked up a tray on a side table that held various types of bread and rolls, presumably to have another portion of chili to go along with. That reminded me I hadn't eaten yet so my next plan was to ask Simon whether he still had a portion of chili I could eat. I walked into the living room where the others were (and strangely had my jacket on), a pair of black socks fell out of my pocket and Forestidia bent down to pick them up and return them to me. Simon was on the mobile phone talking to a colleague, and I overheard geoo and Forestidia talking about them having plans at 7pm (one of them possibly mentioned a funeral). Simon too said he'd be at a friend's wedding at 7pm and asked me if I wanted to join - it was the wedding of the friend asdfjklö (he told me the name but I forgot). I smirked and declined, saying it really didn't feel appropriate to crash the wedding of a person that was totally unknown to me.

All of that was pretty ridiculous, but it may be a sign of things yet to come. Stay tuned.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2019, 05:53:06 AM »
Well Ramon, that was certain hilarious. :o :P  You certainly didn't hold back; not sure I would share such details like peeing in Simon's kitchen in view of Forestidia. :-\

That said, it doesn't really sound too different from how I imagine a Simon visit would go--once you replace all the outrageous dream details with more normal happenings of course. :D  Like maybe you were throwing something into the garbage bin in the kitchen instead of peeing in a barrier-less toilet. :XD:

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2019, 01:48:13 AM »
Had some interesting dreams recently worth talking about.

A while back I had a dream where I was in an uncertain location that I want to say was a miniature golf course. I don't remember actually playing any games and I was with someone but I don't remember who they were. The only thing I remember was being thirsty. Very thirsty, and I wasn't going to get a chance to get a refreshing drink of water for a long while. However, I did notice a facet sticking out of one of the walls that ran across the second floor of the golf course. There was also a somewhat rusty cup attached to a chain that was attached to the same wall. I decided to grab that cup, fill it with water from the facet, and drink (but please keep in mind that I would NEVER do that in real life no matter how thirsty I was :P). The water felt warm but it was drinkable for the first few seconds. Suddenly a horrible taste overwhelmed me. It was from the water and it was just plain disgusting. In fact, it was so disgusting that when I woke up I still had that horrible taste in my mouth. Believe it or not, it didn't go away until I had lunch that same day.

So fast forward to last night and something similar happened. This time I was at a party. It seemed somewhat fancy but not too fancy at the same time. I was sitting at a large table with people that I never saw the face of and we were waiting for dinner. Before the main course there was a tray placed in the center with some finger food. One of them was something that looked like a stick (like an actual small branch from a small tree) with either the logo of the person hosting the party or the name of that person. I took a bite and yet again that overwhelming disgust returned to me. This time the taste only lasted a little bit after waking up and not until mid-day.

Sooo... yeah. I'm thinking the second dream might have actually been caused by my brain remembering the first dream and trying to make sense of that stimuli by incorporating it into that other dream. This has actually happened several times in other dreams where I seem to remember a previous dream in another dream and they end up sharing that similar "plot".

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2019, 11:46:33 PM »
its' quite common for me to have a "repeat dream". As usual I cannot recall any offhand atm, but often I'll wake up remembering fragments and also feel strongly like I had that dream before; perhaps many times.

I've also occasionally had feelings that seemed to linger after waking, idk about for hours though.. but certainty in other terms. For example I felt weird all day after a night of not sleeping properly then with little sleep and bizarre dreams.

The most notable/fun example is when I have a dream that I'm falling, sometimes I wake up and still feel the feeling of movement or falling for a second or two after waking. And I can feel the shift in my body/mind from the "fake" falling state to being still in my bed.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2019, 11:17:28 AM »
The most notable/fun example is when I have a dream that I'm falling, sometimes I wake up and still feel the feeling of movement or falling for a second or two after waking. And I can feel the shift in my body/mind from the "fake" falling state to being still in my bed.
That sounds like hypnic jerk, to be honest, but I can imagine that you have dreams of falling! I don't think I've had many myself though, and I do experience hypnic jerk a few times a month.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2019, 11:03:45 PM »
That sounds like hypnic jerk, to be honest, but I can imagine that you have dreams of falling! I don't think I've had many myself though, and I do experience hypnic jerk a few times a month.

I'm pretty confident these aren't hypnic jerks because I have those too, somewhat often. A hypnic jerk, as I understand it, is when you're in a state of half sleep (like when falling asleep) and a muscle twitches violently, often scaring you wide awake.
What I'm describing with my dreams has to do with specific illusory (for lack of a better word) feelings that are felt when dreaming. Like if you dream of flying (which I've never done btw :( ) you have a physical sensation of flying. Occasionally this feeling of movement carries over for a split second or two when I wake up (especially if I wake up during a dream) into the waking world.

Just as further interesting study: last year two separate times when meditating while also being sleep deprived (which I don't recommend btw) I experienced this exact dream-like illusory sensation of movement while sitting, still, up straight.  It was like my body was spinning around smoothly but it was only mental, as I didn't get sick or have any feeling in my stomach as one often does when actually spinning.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2019, 01:13:23 AM »
Recently had a few interesting (well maybe not that interesting but memorable) ones.

I was on a boat on a river; possibly in autumn, in a rural place. Another boat was ahead of us on the river and this other boat was either our enemy somehow or being captained by some evil man whom I could hear talking as if in my head.* He said something about a plan to thwart us. I don't know why we were fighting in the first place; but anyway I saw the boat ahead swerve a few times and spill something shimmering like seeds or something into the water, then continue ahead. The water remained shimmering. I got a freighting feeling. Then as we approached the area I could clearly see the water boiling. I became very scared and somehow knew this meant we were in trouble. As the water was boiling I felt myself spiraling around down to the water; the boat now was gone and I was alone floating or flying.
Then I don't remember if immediately next or if other events occurred that I don't remember but I heard the evil captain (speaking in a high pitched voice and laughing insanely) now speaking of some new plan and saying "I wouldn't want to be in that river now!" I was still scared yet I was no longer in the river. I was in a building of some kind; a long hallway, fairly well lit, perhaps partially outside. The walls were white, or maybe metal. There was a large tall cylinder thing like a silo and four men came out of a door on it and huddled around it like they were sort of hiding or something, some looked around the corner. They were looking away from me and I don't think they saw me. I believed one of them was the captain.
-----------
These were very brief because they occurred while I was dozing off and out after pressing the "snooze" button...

Woopie Goldberg and me was inside a large strange feeling green walled room with doors. She was talking (like from her 80's standup, so not like you're probably thinking of her) and opened a door to look inside.
------
I was watching a car from a distance high above barrel down a highway and go down an enormous hill. It was going so fast it got air born then flew down the hill flying above the road. I was very scared; as if I was inside the car even though I wasn't from my visual view; yet I felt like I was in it. I was terrified and felt like I was flying at high speed. Eventually the car touched back down to the ground.

*I mentioned long ago that I often hear voices coming from inside my head in my dreams and only recently; I attribute this to listening to talk shows all day at work with headphones.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Shmoley

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2019, 04:18:29 PM »
This one was a bit weird.. So I was bored so I called my best friend and the came over so me and my best friend were just hanging out in my front yard then we just see this guy walking along the street and then he just starts chasing us and pulls out a weapon ( I think it was like a sword but I’m not positive.) anyway we decide to run into the park. We keep running around to various places around the city and then we see a huge crowd of people including police officers and no one cared about the guy CHASING US WITH A SWORD! And they just are asking how we are getting away from him and stuff rather then you know arresting him. So we hide down at a river and the most scary thing that’s ever happened to me in a dream. The killer pops around a tree right in my face and nearly slices me. We continue running eventually we actually find someone who cares about the killer and she says we can hide in her house in this secret place. We call the police there and for some reason he predicted the killers age and height without us even saying anything! Then I woke up and thought that person the other end of the phone was the killer! I wanted some sort of sequel to the dream but it never happened. Also now that I mention it do any of you want sequels to any of your dreams?

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2019, 04:01:06 PM »
For the second time I realized I was dreaming but as before quickly woke up afterwards. But I'm happy because I was actually working on this recently.

I dreamed I was in the shower and the curtain kept changing and opening by itself. I remember thinking clearly; 'why does that keep happening that shouldn't...." then I thought 'is this a dream?' Then I pinched my leg and it felt different; odd and disconnected, like it wasn't real; and then I began to feel pillows/covers around me and realized that I was actually in bed (while still seeing the dream world!) I was so exciting to become aware of dreaming.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2019, 09:05:23 PM »
Quite interesting shares Shmolem and mobius. I have actually had that happen to me several times when I ask myself if I'm actually dreaming, and moments where I truly did want a sequel to some of my dreams... here are some examples!

A couple of nights ago I had a dream where I want to say I was part of some competition or the like, and the competition was to get something from the insides of a temple that I swear was right out of the opening scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark. In fact I even remember saying out loud to the group I was in, "Hey, that's one of the best scenes from the movie!" Anyway I managed to get through the temple (no memory of it except for some weird masks piled in hallways), grab the item (I don't even remember what it was but it wasn't the golden idol from the movie), and got out. I managed to do it without breaking a sweat and come out of the temple victorious and holding up the item in front of the group I was with.

Last night was a completely different experience. I had a dream that I was going to work and I apparently I couldn't remember where anything was. I did find my bed in a place that was totally not in real life and this huge wave of exhaustion came over me that I decided to lay in the bed, try to sleep, and didn't even care. I had a similar experience to mobius's dream where I began to feel the pillows and covers around me and realized that I was both in the dream and in real life at the same time.

Sometimes I wonder if maybe my dreams are trying to tell me something. I don't believe that's the case all the time but at the same time we don't really know much about dreams so who's to say? Maybe these two alone are telling me that it's time to make a change in my life: time to get out of bed, go into the temple (metaphor for the unknown?), and come out with some type of accomplishment. Hmm...

This is when I want the dream sequels :P

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2019, 12:25:26 AM »
that reminded me of some things;
I have had a number of dreams that have *felt* like sequels. That is: I felt strongly like I've dreamed them before; or that (thinking it was not a dream but reality as is usually the case) I dreamed about this before and thus was somehow predicting the future. I haven't yet figured out if I actually *have* dreamed the same thing more than once or if this was merely a false feeling. I've heard that recurring dreams are a thing but it doesn't exactly feel like this. I think I am just having feelings/thoughts that are not actually based on anything.

I might've shared this before but in case I didn't;
Twice I've remained conscious (at least partially or in other words in a strange altered state) while *entering* the dream. Once the dream was of being in a large hallway/box or device of some kind. It was like I was looking into a slide picture viewer (something I was actually doing in real life at the time) but there were mechanical things (like saw blades) moving in and out and it was scary. Not only that but the feeling of being conscious like this for the first time was so weird it frightened me to immediately wake up.

The second time wasn't as bad  but I think it was early morning and I had woken up but soon fell back asleep and began dreaming of smoke that was like a nebula/ it was blue and pink and there was a swirling snake like smokey things moving around. Again I woke up soon after thought because of the shock of realizing I was dreaming.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 01:39:49 AM by mobius »

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2019, 01:07:43 PM »
I have had a number of dreams that have *felt* like sequels. That is: I felt strongly like I've dreamed them before; or that (thinking it was not a dream but reality as is usually the case) I dreamed about this before and thus was somehow predicting the future. I haven't yet figured out if I actually *have* dreamed the same thing more than once or if this was merely a false feeling. I've heard that re-curing dreams are a thing but it doesn't exactly feel like this. I think I am just having feelings/thoughts that are not actually based on anything.
This interests me. It sounds like déjà vu, but while dreaming???? I'm not sure if I've had that myself (I do experience déjà vu fairly often, I don't write it down, but I'd estimate about once a month on average).

Offline Lucia

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2019, 09:10:58 AM »
I wish I had interesting dreams, I feel a little bit envious upon hearing/reading about what elaborate detailed dreams that you guys have. I recently had a strange dream in which I suddenly discovered that unbeknownst to me, I had a bald patch on the very top of my head that I had not known about hitherto and I accidentally discovered it upon which (in the dream) I was annoyed with Flopsy for not telling me about this bald patch because he is over six foot tall so he would have seen it everyday whereas it was not visible to me. It could only be seen from a top down view. Therefore in the dream I was annoyed that Flopsy had not told me! I looked hideous, like Friar Tuck, the monk from Robin Hood (funny that as I live in near Sherwood Forest!). Here in England, people are not very direct like people are in other European countries. People tend to avoid telling each other if they have for example mustard on their chin and do not realise it whereas in other European counties, I’ve found people to be more direct with each other which I think is more honest. There is little worse than walking around at work all day with mascara that has leaked down your face, I guess I should have checked but who has time for that at work! I stopped wearing mascara after that. I am from Ireland where people tend to point things like that out in a discreet, non-embarrassing way. Half of my family are German and they are helpful this way too, with a tendency to be direct rather than the british way of smugly saying nothing and feeling superior (?). I should say, Flopsy is not like that though, he will point out if I have made a faux pas, for example if I have spinach in my teeth or if I have mustard on my chin. Sorry for going off on a tangent but as a foreigner living in the Uk (especially during Brexit era), I tend to obsess a little on cultural differences, perhaps I should start writing them down in a notebook and when I grow old, I’ll write a book about it because a lot of people move to other countries for work and encounter different cultures. I actually adore encountering different cultures and traditions, I guess they can’t all be positive ones as no culture is perfect.

Getting back on track, does anyone know what a white albino peacock is representative of in a dream. I cannot remember much about the dream except feeling sad and there being a white peacock. I may have been crying in the dream but not sure. Also, crying in a dream isn’t real crying, or it doesn’t count as being real.

May I ask if anyone here has experienced lucid dreaming or know anyone one that experiences lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming is the ability to control your dreams whilst in a dream. It is a bit like video gaming (I’ve had lucid dreams in which I’ve dreamed I’m in video games but my memory of them has faded over time, it was when I played video games obsessively). Anyone heard of this phenomenon
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 09:47:25 AM by Lucia »

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2019, 01:44:58 AM »
That's a pretty interesting and funny dream there Lucia :D I'm not 100% sure what a white albino peacock represents in a dream unfortunately :\ I do believe that animals can represent certain things about ourselves. For example sometimes I have dreams about snakes and I've been told that they represent a fear of something in real life. Maybe the emotion appears during sleep and the mind is unable to comprehend it at the moment so it manifests it as something that we learned was dangerous like the snake (?)

In terms of lucid dreaming I have actually heard of it and I've even encountered it several times. They aren't common for me but they aren't rare either. Usually I'm in the dream and somewhere along the way I start to notice that it's a dream. The circumstances for that usually change and I can never really pinpoint exactly what they are but recently I discovered that one of the main circumstances is when the dream starts to feel like it's so real that I start to question things. Sometimes I even say out loud in the dream, "Is this a dream? I think this is a dream." Unfortunately I can rarely get the dream to a point where it plays like a "video game". The few times that I do manage to get it to that point they either play like FPS games or fighting games, and when a situation occurs that is undesirable I can actually stop for a moment and change it. In fact, sometimes it isn't even a video game and I can seem to change the outcome of things with a simple thought. In fact, the other night I did dream of being late to one of my high school classes (a very common and recurring dream for me) and the teacher didn't even let me come into the classroom. I simple thought that I wasn't late and that I wasn't going to get kicked out and the dream continued on as normal in the classroom. However, despite this "limited power" in lucid dreams I still can't seem to do a few things. One of those things is walk through walls. It sounds stupid (because it probably is) but sometimes when I'm lucid dreaming I actually try to go through walls and I seem to be unable to do that even though I'm telling myself that nothing is real. I don't know why I'm trying to go through walls... or why it's a recurring theme... and it might actually mean something now that I'm typing it and I should look into that more :O

I know that for some people they have much more power in their lucid dreams and they can probably do that with no problems and even fly. I haven't been able to fly in dreams yet, just jump really high or float.

Offline Lucia

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2019, 12:03:47 PM »
Hi Nessy, thank you for your reply, I found it very interesting, especially the lucid dreaming. I seem to float or jump but not fly either. I have not tried to walk through walls but I must try (if I can remember to do it during a lucid dream). It is interesting how we are conscious during lucid dreams and can make decisions and change outcomes. Unfortunately I have lots of horrible dreams about high school too, one recurring one is that I’m too late for my exam and I’m trying to get into the exam room but I’m too late! One time in a dream I turned up for my exam without shoes! I get lots of dreams where I go somewhere and suddenly realise I’ve no shoes on and panic, these are panic dreams for me. Lucid dreams are some of the only pleasant dreams that I experience so I am glad when I have one but it is not too often, I’d say once every few months, maybe less. I wish I had more. I know people who can make themselves lucid dream but thinking about it again now I’m not sure I ought to believe it.

Perhaps the walls signify boundaries, whether they might boundaries in time or space or neither. Perhaps geographic boundaries, political boundaries, social boundaries, cultural boundaries; age, racial boundaries. Sometimes at work, one faces prejudices and in our dreams one tries to reenact moving through these prejudices. I was passed over for promotion and used to dream about it. I’ll stop psychoanalysing, Flopsy doesn’t like it when I psychoanalyse and on top of that it is a bit rude of me.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2019, 03:40:50 PM »
I think to really lucid dream (control it and have it last) takes a lot of practice. That is; you must do it many times before gaining this 'ability'.

As I've said before the few times I was aware during sleep is so bizarre its often shocking and thus I wake up. So it takes getting used to.

For whatever reason this is how our brains work; some part is constantly churning up information (images, words etc) from our memory into our consciousness and there is often no obvious rhyme or reason for it. During sleep/dream its more extreme because other parts of the brain are dormant. Like the parts that organize thoughts in respect to attention and memory and other things, respond to outside stimulus or which normally preserves memory. This is why dreams are chaotic and why most people don't remember most of their dreams.

its' been 10 years and I still occasionally have dreams about being late for school or class. But then highschool was not a good time for me.
I wouldn't worry too much about what your dreams mean actually; a wise man said to me; 'It don't mean a thing... what's real is what's going on here and now..."

edit: That's not to say there's nothing to be gained my discussing them. I still love discussing them of course; mainly for entertainment. When dreams are not scary and pleasant it's like free natural entertainment for your brain while resting. And at times they do point out things that you might not have realized are going on in your real life, but a lot of the time, I think its easy to read too much into them.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 01:59:17 AM by mobius »

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Shmoley

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2019, 04:39:51 AM »
I have another one. It’s about Pokémon and I’m a Pokémon fan so pretty much it’s starts with me casually watching the news and then there was a report about how a scientist who also loved the Pokémon franchise managed to make Pokémon real and they were released into the wild. I was very excited and went to my front yard to see if I could see any Pokémon but none were there but for some reason I did find Poke balls on the front step so I took them and went out and took a walk around my area. I came to path and followed it and then I see a Charizard just flying around and it lands in front of me. I’m entirely freaked out ( just a side note I literally just realized I don’t have a Pokémon to fight this thing with so I’m not sure I’m not defencelessly screaming my head of right now) it notices I have poke balls Andy it starts talking and told me that it seriously doesn’t care if I catch him or not so I do. I’m not sure why he was talking but picked up the poke ball and went home. The next day was going to school and this guy stepped in front of me and told me to hand my Charizard over I said no and he battled me and I completely destroyed him and after the battle he pulls out a gun and attempts to shoot me but I some how dodged the bullet and knocked him out then the dream just randomly ended. Honestly I’m not sure what to make of that dream it definitely is... different

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2019, 02:07:34 AM »
@Shmolem that may be one of the awesomest dreams I've heard about in a while! :laugh: :laugh:

I'm reminded of a dream a friend of mine told me where he's at Barry Manilow's mansion and there was a lion in his living room. My friend had to use the bathroom but when he got there the lion had apparently took a tremendous dump on top of the toilet. :XD:

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2020, 01:17:45 AM »
I was with my dad at a museum. We had some kind of quarrel and I wandered off on my own. Suddenly everything was silent and I realised I must have wandered into the off-limits parts of the building. I tried to find my way out. I found a door leading to an abandoned stairwell -- one detail stands out, there was a red towel that fell off the door when I opened it, and it was the only splash of colour in that drab place.

At the bottom of the stairs, I went through a door and came out into a bright, colourful place -- I thought at first it might be another world, because there were very weird structures all around and the architecture didn't look like anything I'd seen before. I frantically ran up to the nearest people -- two young women -- and tried to ask them where I was. I must have sounded extremely panicked, but they were very nice and came with me to an information desk. I spoke to the man there, and he probably thought I was mad, but eventually I realised that I was in a different museum, in Italy.

I went with the two women to a cafe and met their circle of friends, and eventually managed to explain my situation. They were intrigued and we planned to go back to the museum to investigate how I had ended up there. Unfortunately that's when I woke up, but at least I immediately thought "I must write this one up for the Lemmings forums!" and so I went over all the details in my head so that I would be able to remember them.

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2020, 12:19:45 PM »
It sounds stupid (because it probably is) but sometimes when I'm lucid dreaming I actually try to go through walls and I seem to be unable to do that even though I'm telling myself that nothing is real. I don't know why I'm trying to go through walls... or why it's a recurring theme... and it might actually mean something now that I'm typing it and I should look into that more :O

I know that for some people they have much more power in their lucid dreams and they can probably do that with no problems and even fly. I haven't been able to fly in dreams yet, just jump really high or float.
I love this, really interesting. :D I've said it before, but when I still had lucid dreams fairly regularly, I only had them in nightmares, and I'd just want to end those as soon as possible, so I never experimented much.

Speaking of nightmares, I had a nasty nightmare last night. D: But the interesting thing about it is... Colorful Arty was the villain! o_O Sorry Arty, I do like you, maybe this happened because of the Bowser's Castle talk we had? :P I also think the subject of it might have been inspired by reading Ninety Eighty-Four recently.
Anyway, in the dream I was getting tortured by Arty, and I wanted it to stop. However, he didn't! I decided I would just undergo it and wait for it to end, even though the pains inflicted on me (spread across several days if not weeks) kept increasing. At some point I asked Arty if we were done now, but he said he was going to use liquid nitrogen on me next (I had warts many years ago and they were treated with liquid nitrogren; it hurt horribly and didn't even end up helping). I couldn't bear the idea of this so I asked him if we couldn't call it quits, but he wanted to keep going. I then tried to run from Arty, and came across two ladies. I explained my situation to them (and this is really interesting, because because of this I've got a fuller story): on Lemmings Forums, Colorful Arty had made a post saying that he was interested about the nature of pain and how pain worked, and that he would like to do some experiments. I had replied that pain intrigued me too (lol), and that I wouldn't mind collaborating in some experiments. But I regretted saying this, as Arty quite abused me, and I wasn't able to take the pain anymore.
However, at this point I had got somewhat lucid, I think, because I said to the ladies something like "I'm not sure if he [(Arty)] is a figment of my dreams or an evil spirit, but I'm quite certain he is not of flesh and blood." Shortly after I woke up. But it wasn't day yet, so I fell asleep again, and the dream continued. :( Arty wanted to continue torturing me, and I tried to wake up, and did. But when I fell asleep again the nightmare continued once more!
Finally when I had waken up again I prayed that the nightmare might subside, I changed my alarm to be a bit later so I could get some well-rested sleep, and I slept until the alarm.

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2020, 01:36:47 PM »
Geez Louise, Dream Arty scares me a lot. :lem-shocked:

The mere concept of torturing another human seems unthinkable to me, so I wonder what life events if any I would have to undergo in order to turn into a being capable of such malevolence.

Was dream Arty an actual human, or were you being tortured by my 2D ink blot avatar? If the former, what did I look like?

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2020, 02:05:50 PM »
Geez Louise, Dream Arty scares me a lot. :lem-shocked:

The mere concept of torturing another human seems unthinkable to me, so I wonder what life events if any I would have to undergo in order to turn into a being capable of such malevolence.

Indeed. :P I love that it seemed to start with a discussion on Lemmings Forums (possibly inspired by this Dreams thread) about pain... I wonder what that would be like. :P
Was dream Arty an actual human, or were you being tortured by my 2D ink blot avatar? If the former, what did I look like?
The former, but I can't remember what you looked like. I didn't really recognise you anyway, I think the only reason that I could say it was you was that I apparently remembered agreeing to join in on the 'experiment' in reply to a Lemmings Forums post by you.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2020, 01:26:44 AM »
I had this dream a few days ago and forgot to write it down here so some details have become even more fuzzy but here we go :8():

I don't remember why but I went with someone to the store but I don't remember who I went with or what store we went to. The weather was getting ugly with dark clouds overhead ready to start sending rain down. In the area that I live this is pretty much a common occurrence during the summer-ish time so I didn't think much of it at the time. We finished shopping and went back to the car (which was a pickup truck) and the rain and wind started to pick up. Once we got into the car suddenly a HUGE gust of wind passed through. Even though I had no conclusive evidence, in my dream in my mind at that moment I knew that the gust that passed by was almost equivalent to a gust of wind in a category 5 hurricane! During that gust the back side of the pickup truck moved so that the car was now 45 degree to the parking space, and as easy as the gust passed it was gone and the weather continued with normal rain and wind conditions. Me and whoever I was with got out of the car to go around inspecting the damage caused by what I nicknamed at the time "The Gust" (not creative at all, I know). The only damage I remember seeing was an empty wheelchair made of glass (for some reason) that shattered up against a wall and other people were already inspecting it. Afterwards me and the person I was with decided to take shelter in someone else's home... which was filled with other people trying to take shelter as well just in case another "Gust" passed by.

Later on in the dream I found myself in the very back row of a stage theater about to watch... something. I don't know and I don't think the dream ever specified what it was. The person I was with was gone and instead I found my old boss there sitting close to me. I asked him what he did during "The Gust" and he sat up, looked at me, and was ready to tell me an entire story about what happened to him. Unfortunately that's when the dream ended.

Even if no one reads them I find it quite enjoyable to write down these dreams :)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2020, 06:02:53 AM »
OK, my turn now, and my first contribution to the Dreams thread. Wow, what a dream this was.

So I put my pizza in the oven and wrote down the time. I had to write the time down using the sensor of my computer mouse, as there were no pens in the kitchen.

I sat down on the kitchen table and decided to watch a film. It was apparently titled "Secret Sounds of the 1970s" but had people that weren't born in the 70s. This film started off weird, it had somebody trying to interview Felipe Massa while he was skydiving into open water. They couldn't manage it. They were calling "Felipe! Felipe!" but never got a response from him. After hitting the water, he soon found the shore and cried for help. Every stranger eventually gathered round him.

A few minutes later the sky outside turned grey and rain started falling so I checked the weather bulletin. Darren Bent was our weather reporter (At first I thought "That's not Darren Bett!" until I noticed the "n" before the "t".) He was very animated and crazy, and he mentioned about Leicester receiving 52mm of rain in a day. (And yes, I thought "My goodness, what a miserable life for a city currently under lockdown.") He was seen wearing my rain mac (with reflectors) during presentation of Scotland and Northern Ireland's weather (rain) and then half naked for England and Wales' weather (Sunny and hot).

As soon as that finished I also decided to try out a quiz which was about paralympians, including Ellie Simmonds, but unlike a typical BBC quiz, this was a half quiz, half platformer; and some of the correct answer boxes were in areas I couldn't reach. I didn't mind touching a wrong answer box so I thought why not explore the rest of the quiz, rather than feel robbed that you've got a question wrong?

After that was done, I looked at the time in comparison to my hand: My pizza had been 22 minutes over cooking time! I panicked and got my pizza out of the oven. Luckily it wasn't burnt. It was a bit wet though, so I drained the juices off into a bowl (Which had a strange black colour after somebody drained all the other vegetables in it) before eating it.

Right, that's all I could remember. Maybe I'll remember this dream more after I've had some breakfast.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline LanaAndCo

• V2.0 Update : Online reactivation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2020, 02:22:38 PM »
I guess that I'm going to participate to this thread too. It feels strange tho, I rarely, if ever, write my dreams down, since they almost always stay with me (the idea of keeping a dream journal still is an interesting idea for me and games like LSD Dream Emulator and Yume Nikki, where you can walk around dream inspired landscapes, are really fantastic).

I rarely have dreams like this anymore, most of them take place in the same world with the same characters now, which means that I dream more or less the same thing each time. But this morning, it was kind of different :

So my mother, who is a huge archaeology enthusiast, wanted to visit a castle that was restored into a small theme park, with people dressed in medieval costumes guiding you through the castle and the park. There were also some sort of nuns walking around as if they runned the place and would have a tamper tantrum if you ever said something that could be badly interpreted (I remember seeing one going mental on a little girl because she sang a song that was "against the good God"). Anyway, my mother and I would look around and, I must admit, it was quite beautiful for a place that only existed in my head and the costumes were also really pretty. It took me a while to discover that my dad wasn't with us however and we ended up searching for him everywhere. I finally got upstairs in a narrow tower that leaded me into a dark bar, completely clashing with what I saw before, with purple neons glowing on almost everything. There were only men here, all looking at me and laughing, saying that I got lost, that this wasn't a place for a little girl like me and that I was way too young for them. My father was there, in a corner with some drunk guys, he seemed normal (my dad never gets very intoxicated when he drinks alcohol) but the old one who was sitting at his right was completely wasted and the look he was giving me still makes me feel uncomfortable as I'm writing this. The place was giving me the creeps too and I urged my dad to hurry up so I could get out of there. But he was just giggling and kept saying "One more little glass!". I started to get angry and I ended up exploding a glass against the wall behind them, telling him "LET'S. GO. HOME.". This had the effect of making everyone silent for a moment. Then, he finally got up from his chair with an annoyed and shameful expression on his face as I grabbed his hand. While we were heading to the exit, the others started to get highly mad at me and were yelling that I was an ungrateful brat and that I deserved a good beating. It degenerated into continuous screaming and stuff was flying everywhere. It was at this moment, my father and I trying to run towards the exit that was seemingly getting further and further, that I woke up.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 02:23:27 PM by LanaAndCo »

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2020, 09:15:00 AM »
OK, my turn now, and my first contribution to the Dreams thread. Wow, what a dream this was.

So I put my pizza in the oven and wrote down the time. I had to write the time down using the sensor of my computer mouse, as there were no pens in the kitchen.

I sat down on the kitchen table and decided to watch a film. It was apparently titled "Secret Sounds of the 1970s" but had people that weren't born in the 70s. This film started off weird, it had somebody trying to interview Felipe Massa while he was skydiving into open water. They couldn't manage it. They were calling "Felipe! Felipe!" but never got a response from him. After hitting the water, he soon found the shore and cried for help. Every stranger eventually gathered round him.

A few minutes later the sky outside turned grey and rain started falling so I checked the weather bulletin. Darren Bent was our weather reporter (At first I thought "That's not Darren Bett!" until I noticed the "n" before the "t".) He was very animated and crazy, and he mentioned about Leicester receiving 52mm of rain in a day. (And yes, I thought "My goodness, what a miserable life for a city currently under lockdown.") He was seen wearing my rain mac (with reflectors) during presentation of Scotland and Northern Ireland's weather (rain) and then half naked for England and Wales' weather (Sunny and hot).

As soon as that finished I also decided to try out a quiz which was about paralympians, including Ellie Simmonds, but unlike a typical BBC quiz, this was a half quiz, half platformer; and some of the correct answer boxes were in areas I couldn't reach. I didn't mind touching a wrong answer box so I thought why not explore the rest of the quiz, rather than feel robbed that you've got a question wrong?

After that was done, I looked at the time in comparison to my hand: My pizza had been 22 minutes over cooking time! I panicked and got my pizza out of the oven. Luckily it wasn't burnt. It was a bit wet though, so I drained the juices off into a bowl (Which had a strange black colour after somebody drained all the other vegetables in it) before eating it.

Right, that's all I could remember. Maybe I'll remember this dream more after I've had some breakfast.
Huh, that's quite fun! I am rather surprised that you recognised so many persons you don't know personally, especially the Darren Bett versus Daren Bent thing. :P I'm also quite surprised that the dream was tied up at the end by referring back to the pizza thing. Usually it seems like previous storylines are entirely abandoned as the dream goes on.

I rarely have dreams like this anymore, most of them take place in the same world with the same characters now, which means that I dream more or less the same thing each time.
That actually sounds really interesting. Care to elaborate?

Offline LanaAndCo

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2020, 05:23:15 PM »
I rarely have dreams like this anymore, most of them take place in the same world with the same characters now, which means that I dream more or less the same thing each time.
That actually sounds really interesting. Care to elaborate?
Almost all of my dreams happens in recurring places with recurring people. It's often in my house in its old layout, or in strange reconstruction of my neighbourhood, like, it's very similar to the real one but some locations seems strange while feeling I always knew they were like that. I don't know if I can explain it very well... As for the "I dream more or less the same thing each time" part, I think I just exaggerated a bit. Sometime I dream completely different things than me walking in my H.I. generated dream city, it's just that it doesn't happen as often than it used to be.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 02:29:52 PM by LanaAndCo »

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2020, 11:07:27 PM »
Recurring dreams are more common than people might think. Or, what is perhaps more common is not necessarily recurring dreams but similar dreams; or dreams of a different plot but in a same place or visa versa. Since most people don't remember most of the their dreams; they're not aware of this.
Since I've been remembering them better myself I realize now I have such an experience maybe every other dream.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Shmoley

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2020, 03:17:27 PM »
I had another dream last night. I can really remember it just that me and a couple friends were forced to survive in the woods for some reason. From what I remember we went exploring a bit but the part I remember most was that my friends except for one had fallen asleep at camp (not sure why because it was day time) and me and the other who was awake went exploring a bit. We turned around to head back to camp and there was a bear cub in front of it. My friend: A bear cub? Me: If there’s a bear cub then the mother has to be somewhere close by! And I was right... the mother came out of nowhere but didn’t notice us right away. (My friend was mentioning something about digging a hole to keep the mother away but I don’t know what that would’ve done.. silly dream) then the mother starts to think we were a threat and comes after us to which we sprint away we go by these abandoned buildings and I try to hide behind some but the bear mother keeps finding me. So I sprint some more until I find a chain link fence with I gate so I go through that which my friend follows and we quickly shut the gate. The dream ended after that but poor dudes that were left asleep at camp..

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2021, 02:33:07 AM »
Had a memorable one last night.

I was in my house, I was planning on going somewhere but it was cloudy outside, possibly raining, but then I looked and saw patches of blue sky so decided I may be able to go where ever it was I was going. Then I went outside and suddenly the sky was incredibly dark again, like stormy and I started get frightened. I'm not sure what transpired next but eventually the sun did come out through patches of clouds and I saw it and then suddenly it started getting dark again and then so dark I could see stars. It was scary again then I realized an eclipse was happening! Next I was planning on watching the solar eclipse with a welding mask for some reason.* I think I was trying to tell the other people in the house about it but they didn't seem to hear or care. I can't remember exactly but throughout the whole dream the sky kept getting light then dark then light again many times. At some point after the eclipse was over (which may have happened multiple times) when the sun was out again something elliptical shaped passed in front of it blocking it out; then I realized the moon was not causing the eclipse but something like alien ships or something. Then at some later point when the sky was totally dark again, some kind of carnival looking thing appeared in the sky. A light show that looked like a carnival. I was convinced it was aliens causing it at that point.

*There was a solar eclipse visible in the US around 2016 or 2017. A welding mask *may* provide proper protection against looking at the sun but I don't know that for sure.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2021, 10:52:53 AM »
I was convinced it was aliens causing it at that point.

And then you woke up?

Offline LanaAndCo

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2022, 12:10:21 AM »
This morning was the first time in quite a long period that I had a dream/nightmare strong enough in content and in scary imagery that it made me violently wake up. I know it might sound strange, but I'm really happy about that. For a while, my dreams were so dull that I couldn't even remember them, I though I was losing creativity or something. Not only that, but I vividly remember a good portion of this dream and that part was about Yume 2kki, the fan sequel to Yume Nikki, which is basically a dream journal in video game form (for those who don't know). I used to play Yume 2kki really often, nowadays I still play it from time to time, but way less than before. I find it funny how I dreamt of playing a game about a girl who dreams, a dreamception if you will. :laugh:  I even tried to remake what I saw with the game's assets, and no, the room and event that I describe below don't exist in the real game. There is a world that looks like it tho, and the last image does remind me of the Zalgo event, but it is quite different.

So I was in a rather dark room in some sort of school (at least it felt like a school) and me and other people were sitting at small desks in front of a huge TV screen, answering some video game related questions. I guess we were in the middle of the game as there was what looked like a score flashing on the screen from time to time. The only question I actually remember from this dream was the last one: "What Donkey Kong was supposed to be?" and, somehow, I exactly knew what was the answer of that vague question, which was Popeye. Yes, Popeye, don't ask me why. So I quickly raised my hand so the woman who was interrogating us would let me answer, but instead, she chose the girl who was to my left and to my disappointment, she correctly answered, and various NES-styled sprites of Popeye laughing started to appear everywhere on the screen. I don't exactly know if anyone won but after that, we got dismissed. The next part is a bit blurry but, I got out of the "classroom" quite bummed out and went to walk around the "school". The "school" from the outside looked more like a strange Japanese garden, with some small trimmed trees ornating the paths and walls and the floor was covered with grey and white pebbles. The "school" was also in the middle of nowhere, I recall only seeing green hills with a tall tower being built on the top of one and maybe some towns in the far distance. Then I think the woman from before and an old man, supposedly the director, were looking for me and for some reasons, I felt it wasn't for the better good, so I ran and hid myself under the pebbles. Immediately after covering myself with said pebbles, I felt my body sinking into the ground and suddenly found myself in front of a computer in a really small and dark room that made me feel like it was mine's. The computer was displaying Yume 2kki. This is the part I remember the most, almost clear as day. I was normally playing until I ended up in a room, that I replicated below.
Mock-up n#1 (click to show/hide)
I tried to interact with the cabinets but as I was walking to the last one, Urotsuki (the character you play as) seemed to have tripped and a really loud alarm sound burst from the speakers. The screen flashed red and revealed that a realistic large vein/artery with a beating heart attached to it grew from Urotsuki's now headless body. Some nonsense text was being typed on the top of the screen and everything faded to red.
Mock-up n#2 (click to show/hide)
Then a bunch of sprites of Urotsuki from the game and some other unreadable pieces of text were fading in and out as the alarm sound was getting even louder. The last thing that I saw before waking up with a start, was what I tried to replicate with the image below, a horrifying silhouette getting closer to the screen.
Mock-up n#3 (click to show/hide)

The strange thing was, after I woke up, I noticed that my bedside lamp was on, while I'm fairly sure it was off when I went to sleep. It's not the first time this has happened, I would often turn on the light in my sleep, but it hasn't happened for years. Also, I don't know if it's the adrenaline after my nightmare or what, but I felt really good and energised when I got out of bed. :-\

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2022, 02:53:12 AM »
The only question I actually remember from this dream was the last one: "What Donkey Kong was supposed to be?" and, somehow, I exactly knew what was the answer of that vague question, which was Popeye. Yes, Popeye, don't ask me why.

Sounds like you had the information buried away in your subconscious somehow, because that is the correct answer.