Author Topic: LemFan's various packs  (Read 24397 times)

Offline LemFan

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Obliterated
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2021, 02:01:33 PM »
I have made another 20 levels in this pack, I am currently up to level 25 of the 3rd rank. After this rank, there is still 2 more ranks left of the pack.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2021, 03:07:02 PM »
I again merged the new topic that was located in "NeoLemmix levels" into this.

And I think it's time for a little warning due to the new topic (even if it was merged now) violates:

I have added a new rule, stating that users must not create more than one in-development topic, nor more than one release topic, in any 30 day period. To avoid doubt, this doesn't mean you can't release updates and/or add new packs in a series topic or similar.

This is not retroactive, so if you have already made a topic recently that's not in line with these guidelines, you may leave it up - just don't create further ones until the 30 days have passed.

As either this topic ("Lemmings Obliterated") here in "In Development" or the "ColdLems" (and "NumLems") topic in "NeoLemmix levels" were created in that timeframe.

If you have any new updates to this pack that's been in Development, please just post in this topic here. We do not need a new topic for every update.

Again, you are free to post updates, but please gather them in a single topic rather than creating new ones.

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2021, 05:47:28 PM »
Here's a Logo with signs I made up really quick.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2021, 12:18:45 AM »
Nice logo, jkapp7 :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2021, 05:41:22 PM »
As the author of this pack has been placed on a very high warning level at this point (high enough that he is unable to post for a while), it is likely to be some time before he provides any further updates here - just letting everyone know. Reasons for this are not something that need to be known by anyone other than himself and site staff, but I will assure everyone there is more to it than has been seen in this topic (or indeed, publicly in general), and in particular that other people will not end up in the same position just for making one or two mistakes on how they post their packs.

EDIT: This has been upgraded to a permanent ban. Accordingly, I have also made the decision (based as well on the wider context of what he's been doing) to merge all his pack topics into a single large topic. If someone could compile a list of links to the posts in this topic with the newest versions of each pack, I'll add that list to the first post too.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 07:30:13 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: LemFan's various packs
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2021, 09:43:13 PM »
Is it right that LemFan's content should still be publicly available if he's been banned from the site?

That is, he no longer has any opportunity to modify or update the content and so should be allowed to choose whether he wants it to remain available or not in its current state.

Happy to compile the list of packs/links after this particular query has been resolved.

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2021, 12:04:41 AM »
Here's a Logo and signs I put together for his ColdLem's pack.

He was an interesting character around here, while he lasted.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2021, 12:20:27 AM »
yes he was an interesting character. I know he was a young guy trying to make levels. But I think he should have not made so many packs so close together in time. I still like some of his packs, they are not bad for a young person's attempts. Also he likes to comment on Youtube videos as he comments alot on my Youtube solutions for some of the first few packs I finished and put on Youtube.  Whatever he did to get him in to trouble, he should have take more seriously. As a young person hopefully he will learn from this.

Anyways thanks Jkapp76 for the Coldlems logo. Currently on the 4th rank of his Numlems pack. But slowed down on it since I've been doing other things.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2021, 12:29:27 AM »
That is, he no longer has any opportunity to modify or update the content and so should be allowed to choose whether he wants it to remain available or not in its current state.

Realistically, I believe the chance of him wanting to do that is close to zero. Regardless - if he were to contact us asking it be removed, we would do so, after making it clear that it's a one-way thing (ie: we won't repost it later if he changes his mind).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2021, 03:20:27 AM »
Whatever he did to get him in to trouble, he should have take more seriously. As a young person hopefully he will learn from this.

And I asked you twice to consort or at least ask me of any changes you wanted to make to my conversion pack. Instead, you ignored my requests and went ahead and did as you pleased, which I think is very inconsiderate since you were changing up my work without permission. Honestly, I'm quite flustered. Even if I don't approve of some of the changes, I would had at least appreciate the "asking for consent" aspect. This is something that has been trying to be hammered into you. Whenever I want to make a change to someone's level, I always ask for permission, because it's the nice and right thing to do. I don't always catch everything, I simply ensure everything works and is 100% possible. So, if someone had notified me of an issue/problem somewhere in the level, I can take a look. That's not a problem, and unless consent has been granted, always run any changes by the author. That would had been most respectful.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2021, 04:28:25 AM »
Returning to the forum to do namida's job (Thanks for merging the packs together). For convenience, these are all the links to his latest levels (minus the logo/signs that appear in other posts). Any mistakes please let me know. So...

Lemmings Obliterated
ColdLems
LemLanFems I
NumLems
MegaLems
Lems One
Pack 2
Lemmingzones
pack 1
BadLems
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3