Author Topic: LemFan's various packs  (Read 24749 times)

Online jkapp76

• View Profile
Re: Lemmingzones
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2021, 04:23:46 PM »
I made a Menu logo and included some sign files for this pack.
...Jeremy Kapp

Online jkapp76

• View Profile
Re: Lems One
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2021, 09:32:29 PM »
Hey, LemFan...

What is your first level pack?

I found LemmingZones, Pack1, Pack2, and LemsOne... Where's the other one?
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2021, 01:10:25 AM »
I think his first pack was Badlems.

Anyways solved the pack. Some of the later rank levels were not easy. Still some levels with backroutes though.

Online LemFan

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2021, 07:59:02 AM »
Yes you are right, my first pack is BadLems.

Online jkapp76

• View Profile
Re: BadLems pack
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2021, 09:28:10 PM »
Here's A custom Logo I made for this Level Pack. And some Signs.
...Jeremy Kapp

Online LemFan

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2021, 06:30:25 PM »
How hard is Lems One?, are you stuck on any levels?

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2021, 07:17:25 PM »
I finished the pack, not sure about anyone else. see my replays that I posted. I still think probably easy to medium. Although I think for
me the hardest level to finish was Platinum 15 (took me the longest), but it's also a really good level with it's solution, definitely my favorite level in the pack.

Also there are some really nice ones in the final 2 ranks. I think this pack is my favorite one of yours, Lemfan.

Online LemFan

• View Profile
Pack 3
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2021, 08:52:33 AM »
Pack 3 is interesting, 12 levels in this pack, so it is a very short pack, some of the levels are tricky.

Online LemFan

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2021, 12:03:59 PM »
Someone could possibly LP this pack at some point as well.

Online LemFan

• View Profile
MegaLems
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2021, 01:22:09 PM »
I am happy to release my longest levelpack so far, 120 levels, with 4 ranks each containing 30 levels each. The ranks are Fun, Tricky, Taxing and Mayhem. It starts off easy but it is a medium difficulty pack, some levels are quite hard, but some of the Mayhem levels are quite hard.

Online LemFan

• View Profile
Re: MegaLems
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2021, 06:04:16 PM »
How hard are the levels.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2021, 06:44:47 PM »
again same issue. These are not packed right. You need to know how to make packs as it's annoying for us to try to do your work.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2021, 07:02:35 PM »
I just saw @LemFan: You already had the right structure in your first pack BadLems and Lemmingzones!

Just arrange the things as in your first pack: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5558.0

So you already know how things are done and no extra help should be needed with properly arranging these packs. :8():

Also, I always just see "How hard are the levels." as your comment.

You should maybe focus more on "How good/creative is the solution", "How are the levels on the visual side", "Are there any big unwanted difficulty spikes in the curve" and "Do I avoid commonly disliked things like too fiddely solutions and hidden stuff".

The overall difficulty is of secondary nature.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 07:07:36 PM by IchoTolot »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Pack 3
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2021, 07:22:24 PM »
So - a few people have pointed out that your packs tend to be put together in a somewhat "hacky" way (in terms of how you've actually organised the pack to set up the level order etc).

I strongly suggest looking over the second post in this topic: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4335.0
This gives a tutorial on how to put packs together nicely, so that they eg. don't end up looking like one rank for each level, as this one would.

It may also be worth thinking about a consistent naming scheme, or else using names that don't imply an order - there has also been mention from someone that "Pack 3" is a weird name for what they believe is your 6th or 7th pack. Additionally, "Pack 3" is a very bland name - I'll point out how most people either give their pack a name that identifies the author directly (eg. SEBLems, NepsterLems, ArtLems), or have a series name / names that fit a theme (eg. the "Lemmings Plus" series, or "Lemmings Migration" + "Lemmings Destination", or "Lemmings Reunion" + "Lemmings United", etc).

Additionally, with how many packs you have at this point, you may want to consider creating a single "mega-topic" for all of them rather than one topic per pack, similar to what I've done with the Lemmings Plus series.

To be very clear - none of the above are actual rules that you must follow, but they are conventions in the community and your packs will make a much better first impression if they are nicely organised and with better names.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Online jkapp76

• View Profile
Re: Pack 3
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2021, 09:10:06 PM »
I only count 11 levels...

But, I decided to fix the pack. I'll play it later.

...The MegaLems Pack is (probably) too big for me to fix, unless I find a quicker way to do it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 11:09:33 PM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp