Author Topic: LemFan's various packs  (Read 24377 times)

Offline LemFan

• View Profile
Re: pack 1
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2021, 03:15:35 PM »
How much harder, hard enough for you to get stuck on some of the levels.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Re: Pack 2
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2021, 01:43:54 AM »
ok solved all the levels, Except Mayhem 3 which is an extremely bad level. Must require extreme precision to pull off with the few skills given.
And even if it's possible, it's still a bad level. I would perhaps lower the locked 99 release rate or decrease the save requirement. I don't think the 40 second timer
is what makes the level difficult but the release rate/save requirement and skills given.
I won't even bother attempting the level any more unless the level is fixed. The level is too fiddly.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2021, 03:07:15 AM »
Mayhem 3 solved. It's not too difficult. I guess the saving grace is that it's a very short level.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2021, 04:50:52 AM »
ok, fiddled with Mayhem 3 some more. finally solved. Had less than a second left. I still don't like the level. It's too fiddly with the 3 diggers. Most times I couldn't get them placed close enough so a basher would be on a digger and have the other diggers not continue(too fiddly for my taste). Definitely the hardest for me in the whole pack. Definitely not a fun level at all. I even tried to repeat it a few times. Just too frutrating to repeat. At least for me.

this level is even harder for me than loud 1 of Open Air to get the Talisman.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2021, 08:52:46 AM »
I didn't think Mayhem 3 was hard at all :P Sure, getting what needs to be achieved can be hard, but it's definitely not a problem thanks to framestepping. It's just all about picking the right lemmings to do the skills. The time limit is also a problem if you allow it to be, but it's not that tight at all.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline LemFan

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2021, 01:57:42 PM »
How hard were all the rest of the levels?

Offline LemFan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2021, 06:42:48 PM »
I am impressed with this level! I do agree that it is a bit fiddly.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2021, 12:19:25 AM »
Hi, Lemfan, I consider the pack easy to medium.  Still alot of backroutes. The only level besides Mayhem 3 that gave me a little bit of problems was Tricky 14 but it turned out not to be hard.

Offline LemFan

• View Profile
Lems One
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2021, 09:29:02 AM »
Hello there, here is a new pack that I have designed. Now that I am more used to the way that things work on the forum I have taken onboard all the advice and critique that people have been kind enough to offer me. I think I understand all that you have told me about how to structure a pack. With this in mind if there are any constructive points to offer me I will not upload any more packs until I have fixed any issues with this one, which I think was the point all along!

Offline LemFan

• View Profile
Re: Lems One
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2021, 11:44:12 AM »
I am happy to release my 5th level pack, Lems One. There are 75 levels in this pack, 5 ranks, 15 levels per rank. The rank are Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Chocolate. The levels start to get quite tricky from the 2nd half of Bronze onwards. Most of the levels are quite tricky, some puzzles, possible some backroutes as well. If there are any, I will fix them. There are subfolders with a level in each one, but when you go into the Level Select function in NeoLemmix, you can see exactly the names of the ranks, and you can also see how many levels per rank as well. On every level it says "Level 01", and then the level name, and it is the same for each level in the entire pack.

Offline LemFan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2021, 03:46:31 PM »
How hard is the pack overall, what levels are easy, what levels are tricky.

Offline LemFan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2021, 06:34:18 PM »
Time for someone to LP this pack

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2021, 04:55:26 PM »
Okay... I feel awkward doing this for a third time now, but...

Here is this level pack with the levels corrected to the normal format. (Bottom Link)

**I also put together a music pack for all of LemFan's level packs. (or anyone's level pack, feel free to use)
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZ1pbwXZ4KB0M4iOkHSeleOz09uGqHn08FEk
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 09:52:54 PM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline LemFan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2021, 09:13:24 AM »
How hard are the levels?

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2021, 03:52:59 PM »
I'm only about halfway through the first rank. I'm enjoying it so far. None too hard yet.

I think you should take all of your level packs and make one big "Best of LemFan" pack. You've made 235 levels in just the last three packs, you could trim the lesser levels and still have 180 or 200 in one big pack. You can feel free to use my music pack or other parts I added too.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 04:11:10 PM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp