Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Fastest Time Records  (Read 27002 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Fastest Time Records
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2021, 07:22:12 AM »
Along with the new year comes a major update for Redux levels. Unfortunately I decided it will be too tedious to write the full list and just update the table instead. :P The latest replays will always be at the top of the "Date Modified" column after being sorted. Some of the replays have also been updated to reduce clutter. Gronkling's replays that I've somewhat missed from Reply #13 have finally been added to the ZIP file. Enjoy the show!

I'm going to move on from Redux and focus on a different pack this year, although I'm not quite sure which one it will be yet. GeoffLems could be a strong contender, as WillLem published a full set of solutions there, although I also remember contributing to a bit of DoveLems too. Maybe I should go between the NL years and do LPIII? What's the next most popular "No-Longer-Updated" pack that will work best for this challenge?
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2021, 06:59:46 AM »
OK, it appears nobody has any suggestions then. :-\

But anyway, after doing a Mass Replay Check on the updated version of Redux, it has been revealed that Gentle 32's "Going Their Separate Ways" has been replaced and the solution is no longer possible with the published replay. I have taken down the attachment file until we get a new conclusive replay for this level. The last time recorded (I think) was 0:51.65, so let's see if we can aim for (and hopefully beat) this time. I will also need to check the other updated levels and record any changes to results.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2021, 01:49:13 AM »
Maybe I should go between the NL years and do LPIII?

+1 for this: current custom packs need a bit more love.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2021, 06:07:37 AM »
But anyway, after doing a Mass Replay Check on the updated version of Redux, it has been revealed that Gentle 32's "Going Their Separate Ways" has been replaced and the solution is no longer possible with the published replay. I have taken down the attachment file until we get a new conclusive replay for this level. The last time recorded (I think) was 0:51.65, so let's see if we can aim for (and hopefully beat) this time. I will also need to check the other updated levels and record any changes to results.

Going Their Separate Ways in 0:49.88
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 07:26:10 AM by Proxima »

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2021, 12:35:45 PM »
Thanks for doing this, Proxima. The table has been updated for you.

Only one level has been improved with the update, Zany 6. The time so far is 0:47.06, an eight second difference. Thanks to the lower save requirement the number of methods open up a little bit.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2021, 12:39:58 AM »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2021, 07:36:18 AM »
LPI - Mild 30 - You Just Lost The Game in <35s :lemcat:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 12:00:30 PM by WillLem »

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2021, 07:51:53 AM »
I've updated the OP again, changing the link to the corresponding Redux pack (Which is now but temporarily on the NL Main board) and updating info there. Now that Ichotolot's NeoLemmix Introduction Pack is added to the main download, I'm also planning to include results for them.

Edit: I forgot to mention this: :forehead: With the new update changing the nuke mechanics, I might occasionally press nuke before all required lemmings reach the exit, leaving me short of the requirement. I'll need to look at the Mass Replay Check again just in case. If my replays affect any of these levels, fixing should be relatively straightforward.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 07:59:22 AM by Minim »

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2021, 01:48:48 PM »
Edit: I forgot to mention this: :forehead: With the new update changing the nuke mechanics, I might occasionally press nuke before all required lemmings reach the exit, leaving me short of the requirement. I'll need to look at the Mass Replay Check again just in case. If my replays affect any of these levels, fixing should be relatively straightforward.

Mechanics have not changed. All that's changed is that you can assign a hotkey to "skip back 5 seconds, nuke, skip forward 5 seconds" so as to start nuking immediately. If you choose not to assign a hotkey to this, nothing has changed at all.

One thing that has changed, though, is "Quest for Kieran", which is now accurate to the DOS level layout, even though that makes it a tad easier on NL, since DOS builders have a weird asymmetry that makes them less good at stretching to the left. Here's a solution in 38.94.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2021, 09:31:58 AM »
Just a heads-up: today's update to Redux (which should be the very final update, unless major bugs are discovered that require fixing) has changed a few levels, and in particular, the decisions about which way the trapdoors should face will affect time records. It's probably best to mark these levels with an asterisk so that we don't lose information about what the old record was, but a new record still counts even if it's worse, as the old one may not be matchable. (However, on some levels, the trapdoor flipping may make an even lower time possible!)

Affected levels are:

Gentle 5 "You need bashers this time" (skillset)
Gentle 8 "Snuggle up to a lemming"
Quirky 12 "Over the wall"
Quirky 13 "Haunted botanical garden"
Quirky 21 "The Long Way Around"
Zany 20 "Dolly Dimple"
Manic 18 "The gate trap Lemmings"
Lunatic 10 "Be more than just a number"
Lunatic 16 "SEGA Four"
Lunatic 17 "Creature Discomforts"
Lunatic 24 "Everyone's a hard nut" (slight terrain difference; unlikely to affect time records)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2021, 10:12:33 AM »
OK Thanks! :) I've taken down the Redux replays and I will download the updated version and have a look at these changed levels.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2021, 10:34:07 AM »
Must mention before I forget: The old Gentle 5 solution is hilarious to watch with the new update. :D

Right. I made a full list of updated time records yesterday, and I'll soon gather these new replays into the file and upload the folder in the OP again. Here they are, with hints in spoiler tags.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2021, 11:43:54 AM »
Congratulations! Good to know the old records were able to be matched or surpassed in all cases but one. :thumbsup:

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2021, 03:33:13 PM »
Must mention before I forget: The old Gentle 5 solution is hilarious to watch with the new update. :D

Replay? Video? Don't be such a tease, Minim! :lemcat:

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2021, 03:37:56 PM »
Replay is the one from Gronkling's post on the first page.