Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] SEB Lems [Difficulty: Medium-Hard]  (Read 32801 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
[NeoLemmix] SEB Lems [Difficulty: Medium-Hard]
« on: May 14, 2018, 09:36:56 PM »
4/4/23: video LPs are ok again now, the ban has been lifted.

At long last SEB Lems is finally ready for the new format.

Current Version v3.04
Fixes a back route on Rapture 10 by Strato

Older version updates (click to show/hide)

Download the SEB Lems v3.00 Music Pack here (no different from v2.00)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sorkwoiwsqmay4u/SEB%20Lems%202.0%20music.zip?dl=1

While I have tried very hard to make sure replays are preserved, there are a handful of levels where all of the replays will be broken so be sure to check your replays for solvability after upgrading from the old format!
Apologies for any inconvenience regarding broken replays, in the majority of cases it means your solution was a back route though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Original Release Post

Flopsy's first level pack
SEB Lems

Thanks to Wafflem for the main menu background! :)
Thanks to Gronkling for allowing me to use items from his cyber tileset in the Scrap Brain tileset.

-160 levels across 8 different ranks of 20 levels each. (formerly 175 across 9 - Deep Cuts was removed in v3.0).
-6 main difficulties: Paradise, Bittersweet, Revolution, Stormy, Murder and Rapture
-2 collab ranks: MegSEBytes and Unrequited
-MegSEBytes: based on the collab pack by Wafflem and I, this contains 18 of the 30 levels from the pack, the other 12 are mixed in with the main difficulty ranks above. Whoever is named first in the author field designed the level terrain, whoever is named second inserts the objects, makes the solution, skillset and names the level. Containing 2 levels exclusive to SEB Lems
-Unrequited: A rank consisting of levels by Wafflem from Dullstar's "Bits of levels you can finish" topic. Wafflem is co-creator of all levels in this rank.
-nearly 60 different tilesets used throughout the pack.

Paradise (20 levels) - Tutorial levels, X of everything levels, mostly Fun and Tricky levels

Is It Any Wonder?

Bittersweet (20 levels) - Still easy, sometimes less skills. Tricky difficulty.

Candy Floss Bonkers

Revolution (20 levels) - Taxing Difficulty, precision increase. Get on the Revolution!

The Legend of Ray Beeston

Stormy (20 levels) - Storm is hitting the fan, harder levels overall. (Taxing/Mayhem)

Wild Forever

Murder (20 levels) - No prisoners now, Lemmings' lives are at stake! (Mayhem and beyond)

Great Scot!

Rapture (20 levels) - Here it is, you've made it. Can you make it to the end? (Sunsoft rank)

Treversal

MegSEBytes (20 levels) -  based on the collab pack by Wafflem and I, this contains 18 of the 30 levels from the pack, the other 12 are mixed in with the main difficulty ranks above. Whoever is named first in the author field designed the level terrain, whoever is named second inserts the objects, makes the solution, skillset and names the level. Containing 2 levels exclusive to SEB Lems.

Spaced Out

Unrequited (20 levels) - A rank consisting of levels by Wafflem from Dullstar's "Bits of levels you can finish" topic. Wafflem is co-creator of all levels in this rank.

The High Cube

Special thanks to GigaLem for making additional objects and backgrounds for the Sonic tilesets.
Additional thanks for rips to:
Triangly for Marble Garden
Flare for Mystic Cave
Technokami for Sandopolis & Death egg
The observer for the doomsday background
Divine for Star light and scrap brain

Make sure to download the music pack as well at the top of the post, it is a SEPARATE download!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 12:49:17 AM by Flopsy »

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] SEB Lems
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 04:46:15 PM »
Does the music pack also work with the old formats version, as far as you named the tracks in the levels? ;)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 05:07:03 PM »
Yes, it is exactly the same music pack used for the Old format v2.00.

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 11:32:17 PM »
Thanks! Well, what a way to get a hand on some of these tracks! :D

And SEB is fine with this? ;)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 08:50:21 PM »
Uploaded a fix, Rapture 18 had a deadly right edge.

Thanks josh for spotting this :)

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 06:12:01 PM »
I finished this level pack...again.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 11:34:48 AM »
So, my more thorough second playthrough of this pack after the first try last Winter. After solving 152/175 now, progress from this point onwards is remarkably slow that I find it best to attach my solutions so far.

I didn't get feedback for my solutions last time, though I see some of my solutions being adapted through the changelog. I'd like to hear about my solutions, which are backroutes and if there's something special in them anyway.

Comments on some of the levels (contain spoilers here and there):

Thanks Flopsy, this is quite an ambitious and colossal level pack with diverse and imaginative level design! :thumbsup: Duration for playing is dozens and dozens of hours. :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 08:37:55 PM by Akseli »

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 10:05:24 PM »
Thanks for your feedback Akseli

You back routed the following levels
Revolution 8
Murder 6, 13
MegSEBytes 12, 18, 20
Unrequited 19
Deep Cuts 9

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 01:23:45 AM »
Well, then. You gave me a lot to watch during the last weeks, Flopsy ;) . It's about time I gave something back, isn't it?

I honestly couldn't, for the longest time, because I just had no clue how to solve anything in the second half of the Revolution rank. Fortunately, Stormy turned out to be a lot easier for me overall. I think this is consistent with the feedback Arty gave you? There are still a couple of levels in both ranks which I haven't solved yet, but instead I got to unlock some of the talismans.

I did those because I had to resolve some of the early levels anyway, because my replays got broken from version 1.81 to 2.0. In one case in particular, "Sadistic Lemming Factory", I went from "had this solved, now I can't solve it anymore, WTF?" to "Oops, I unlocked the talisman!" :D Sort of like what happened to me on Arty's rerun of "Torture chamber" in SubLems, where I was unable to hit the intended save requirement, I could only do either worse or better...

For many of the later levels, I experienced similar symptoms like on Lemmings Migration, where I got to about 90-95% of the solution myself, but then had to get a hint for the remaining step. Usually these were the levels where I always felt like I was one skill short.

Some single level remarks (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 01:56:49 AM by Flopsy »
My packs so far:

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2018, 09:51:34 PM »
SEB Lems update attached to first post with back route fixes to the following levels

02_15
03_03

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2018, 12:06:49 AM »
Q.E.D. :D Looks like I'll have to resolve those two. I'm just glad my solution for "Sweet memories" either seems to be intended or at least acceptable now. :thumbsup:

My packs so far:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 10:06:04 PM »
I finally got around to giving this a go. I really don't have the patience to play on-video anymore, but I figured I at least owe it to you to play the pack. Solved the first rank; got some of the talismans as well - I usually wasn't specifically trying for them, although if they didn't look much harder than the normal solution I got them. Some I got without even trying.

Some feedback on specific levels.

Overall, based on this as well as the demo and other levels I've seen by you, I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of the pack. :D
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2019, 03:57:00 AM »
0113 The Tshirt Level - The music for this level is the SNES version of Level 13, not sure what was playing your end.

I got orig_13, the normal variant (which I've personally overridden with the Master System orig_13, but on a vanilla NeoLemmix install it would just be the standard orig_13). Looking at the level file, it specifies the music "snes13", which appears to be missing from the music download - which would explain this, as NeoLemmix would thus fall back to the 13th music in the standard rotation (ie: orig_13).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2019, 01:50:37 AM »
Going forward, I would rather any feedback towards SEB Lems (or any of my other packs) is actively about the level's layout/solution and not talking about personal likes or dislikes for music tracks, level titles, references or tilesets used.

I really am not interested in hearing about things unrelated to the level solutions and I would rather not know that you're not enjoying my own personal choices that I feel make the pack special for me.

I feel like the best feedback for this pack is about the solutions and enjoyment of the level (excluding music) so please stick to that.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 02:04:38 AM by Flopsy »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 06:48:56 AM »
No worries. Do you still want me to point out technical issues with the music, similar to that of 0113 where the music file is missing from the download?
My Lemmings projects