Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] SEB Lems [Difficulty: Medium-Hard]  (Read 32813 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [NeoLemmix] SEB Lems
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2019, 01:35:38 AM »
Re-solved Stormy 2 and 5.

Stormy 2 (click to show/hide)

Stormy 5 is the same solution as before; the replay broke but the general idea still works (and IIRC it was intended anyway).

Note that I've recorded these replays using the in-development code, to try out high-res in real-world usage. There should be no reason these replays won't work fine on stable NL, but let me know if they don't.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2019, 02:23:05 AM »
Solved the next three levels.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: And the next two.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 07:23:53 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2019, 12:47:38 AM »
Thank you for returning to this pack :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2019, 08:15:18 PM »
Solved one more.

EDIT: And two more.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 05:37:59 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2019, 11:47:56 AM »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2019, 05:40:23 PM »
Stormy 18 - Other people who have played this level have not found this as easy as you have, it can be quite difficult to spot the tricks used in this level especially the trick used to contain the crowd. How easy would you say this level is, and where do you think this level should be out of curiosity? Solution is intended anyway

I spotted the crowd control quite quickly, though I did have the "oh, that's pretty clever" reaction to it - so this may have been a "I was lucky to get the right idea at the right time" thing. Figuring out the path to the exit was the trickier part here IMO.

It's hard for me to say where I think it should be, due to the gap since I played most of the previous levels - all I can say is that it feels easier than the other levels around it. Nonetheless, if I'm the only person saying this, then it's probably best not to move it just based on my feedback alone.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [NeoLemmix] SEB Lems [Difficulty: Medium-Hard]
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2020, 08:01:59 PM »
Here's all my replays up to the end of Stormy.

Feedback for Stormy 19, 20 (click to show/hide)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2020, 09:03:40 PM »
And, here's my solutions for the first 4 levels of Murder.

My Lemmings projects

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2020, 12:52:35 AM »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2020, 07:19:11 AM »
sorry you didn't enjoy this one as much.

You don't have to apologize because I don't like a level. It's expected for any pack - there'll be some levels I like and some I don't; and likewise, just because I don't like it doesn't mean someone else won't. :) And I should stress - this level wasn't objectively bad in any way; it just wasn't as much to my tastes as some of the others are.

I was waiting to see what you thought about this level since it is a tribute to you. I just remember when your YouTube channel used to be called that and thought it would be a good layout for a level. Also I put your favourite music in the level.

That was a nice touch with the music! :) I also have to say - it works well as a tribute level, because the solution feels like the kind of solution I'd make, too. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2020, 06:57:05 AM »
Thought it was about time I finished a full rank in this pack, so I've completed Paradise - replays attached!

Took quite a while tbh, there are some quite tricky levels in here. Very enjoyable though, managed to get a few of the Talismans and some maximum saves. I particularly liked the levels based on Lemmings 3D, these were some cool puzzles and I love the Tetris theme :thumbsup:

Side question: As far as Sonic themes go, will we be seeing Green Hill zone at some point? :lemcat:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2020, 04:17:24 AM »
Solved one more level.

My Lemmings projects

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2020, 01:37:49 AM »
Ok finally getting round to feedback from WillLem

I've noticed you've been trying to get the talismans where you were able to, of course they are optional :)

Also nice Right exit solution on Paradise 7, it's a nice route to be honest I didn't expect that route to be taken. Most people who play this level go to the left exit.

I really liked your talisman solve to Paradise 17 as well, a lot going on in that replay!

I'm happy you enjoyed the rank overall, the difficulty is quite higher than the first rank of some other packs I feel. I'm trying to address this a bit in Gotta Go Fast, I was initially having a rank similar to this as the first rank but then I added another rank BEFORE this rank now.

There aren't any Green Hill levels in the pack sadly, there are only Scrap Brain and Star Light levels and another Sonic themed VGAspec level turns up much later in the pack.
GGF will have a lot of different Sonic zones in the pack (including Green Hill :) ), a lot of tilesets which have never been seen before except by the testers (who have to keep the tilesets secret until release of GGF).

Hopefully you get much further into SEB Lems at some point in the future, it is a hard pack later on based on what most people say though. Very few get much further than the Stormy rank.
The start of the MegSEBytes and Unrequited rank start out with easier levels, the whole of these ranks are scaled difficulty wise as the rank as a whole so the hardest levels are at the end and the easiest are at the start. You may enjoy these ranks if you want some more levels like Paradise's levels :)

Thanks for taking the time to play the first rank :)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2020, 01:42:21 AM »
And namida on Murder 5

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2020, 06:51:10 PM »
Hi,

solved Revolution-Rank today. I didn't give feedback to the pack so far, but from now on I will do. We will see how far I can make it. In opposition to the other packs I played, I doubt that I manage to reach the end here. At least in the earlier ranks, the pack is significantly harder than what I was used to. All my solutions can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Vidusaka

Revolution 1: This was a great level to start the off. Appropriate difficulty and my favourite music of the entire rank. I know this tune from somewhere....Luckily, I was familiar with the builder-trick used here, so it didn't take much time to solve.
Revolution 2: The preplaced Lemming gave a hint how to do this one. Not much to complain - a good level.
Revolution 3: After solving this I knew immediately how to get the talisman. I decided against playing it again, for I thought this level was more work than fun. But not a bad one.
Revolution 4: I had some worries before this one since this tileset doesn't belong to my favourites and I'm not particularly good at solving this kind of levels with hitting lots of buttons. Therefore, I was surprised how quick i found a solution.
Revolution 5: I love this level, not just because it taught me a new trick (how to stop a digger creatively). I had one walker left, though.
Revolution 6: A clever concept, but easy to figure out.
Revolution 7: The difficulties here are in the beginning - how to trap the Lemmings and free them. Apart from that. the solution was quite obvious.
Revolution 8: A fun one though I had some problems with placing the final bridge at the right spot. But I guess that's supposed to be a part of the challenge.
Revolution 9: We had that show in Germany too, it was called "Supergrips" This level could be difficult if someone doesn't know the blocker-turns-miner-trick. Nice level design.
Revolution 10/14: These two beach levels belong to my favourites of the rank. Very well-thought, but not too difficult.
Revolution 11: One of the few examples when the solutions is crystal-clear from the beginning, but the execution causes problems. This is normally not what I like, but fortunately it didn't take me too long here.
Revolution 12: First I thought: How to....but then I had an idea. I still think that my solution is not quite the intended one.
Revolution 13: My first real dislike. I don't like scrolling back and forth too much as its necessary here. And I must admit, that I had some problems with the tileset. It's not that I don't like it, but it confused me in the beginning (what are the traps, which parts can be bashed through and so on)
Revolution 15: I agree with namida here. This level looks pretty simple, but it's definitely not. The level title is beyond me, I must admit.
Revolution 16: This was a major obstacle for me and I label this the hardest level of the rank. Or maybe it's just that I am overwhelmed by levels like this one. After finishing, I compared my solution with Ichotolots and realized that it's completely different.
Revolution 17: Miles easier that the previous one and a great relief. A good one!
Revolution 18: Also not that difficult. Took me a while, though, since I overlooked something obvious. There could be more leeway here to place the skills.
Revolution 19: More difficult than Revolution 4 (same tileset), but a fun one. The updrafts gave a clue about the way of the crowd. When I found out where to use the cloner, anything else became obvious.
Revolution 20: A worthy finale of this rank. Like Revolution 15, it looked much easier than it actually was  - mainly because of the limited skills. It's probably not possible without using every single bridge and platfom. There are most likely several solutions here.

Now I will see how "stormy" things really get.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 06:56:25 PM by Swerdis »