Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] NepsterLems  (Read 40260 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NepsterLems - Release thread
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2016, 04:20:41 PM »
Everything again solved except for   BH 14+ 21   ;P

I will again upload my whole folder, because of the switching around levels and fixing earlier ones which I did not backroute on top, I am not sure anymore which I had to replay again :P

When the fix list gets hopefully smaller with the next patches, I will switch up to upload only the levels I had to replay again (sry for now Nepster :laugh:)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2016, 04:48:57 PM »
I will again upload my whole folder, because of the switching around levels and fixing earlier ones which I did not backroute on top, I am not sure anymore which I had to replay again :P

Use the mass replay tester against your old folder! ;)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2016, 05:53:15 PM »

Use the mass replay tester against your old folder! ;)

Well, I overwrote the old stuff  with the new :P   I am not keeping that amount of replays.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2016, 12:00:05 PM »
Seeing namida also had bigger problems with Sun 7 -----> swap it with BH 1 at least!     Now I have the proof that I wasn't just braindead back when I played it. ;P

Sun 7 is quite harder than a bunch of BH levels in my opinion + I am continuing to mention that, but BH 1 is way too easy for the last rank :8():

So Sun 7 should 100% go up there!

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2016, 05:18:30 PM »
And once again an updated version:
1) Backroute fixes to: 3-4, 3-5, 3-16, 3-20, 5-7, 5-8, 5-14, 6-3, 6-9, 6-11, 6-12, 6-13, 6-16, 6-20
2) Added 14 talismans:
  • Comet 5: Save every lemming using only 10 skills in total. (Bronze)
  • Comet 10: Solve the level using at most 3 of each skill. (Bronze)
  • Comet 13: Solve the level using only 1 miner. (Bronze)
  • Moon 8: Save every lemming. (Bronze)
  • Planet 9: Save 19 out of 20 lemmings. (Bronze)
  • Planet 10: Save every lemming. (Bronze)
  • Comet 3: Solve the level in 30 seconds. (Silver)
  • Comet 7: Save every lemming. (Silver)
  • Comet 15: Save every lemming. (Silver)
  • Moon 12: Solve the level using only 2 builders. (Silver)
  • Moon 15: Solve the level using at most 9 of each skill. (Silver)
  • Moon 10: Save 94 out of 100 lemmings. (Gold)
  • Neutron Star 14: Solve the level using only 2 bashers. (Gold)
  • Black Hole 21: Solve Final Frustration using only 100 skills in total. (Gold) [Sorry, I just couldn't resist...]

The suggestion to swap Sun 7 and Black Hole 1 is noted, and a change like that will likely occur in one of the future updates.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2016, 08:16:36 AM »
Alright, played again today and everything is now solved except for BH 21, which I not even tried yet :P     
Finally BH 14 has fallen and I cant believe it took so long to see that (once you saw it) really simple trick.

All replays attached, all working with the stable NL version +NepsterLems 1.4.

The replays that needed replaying should be consistant with Nepsters fix list and I think I found even more backroutes :devil:

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2016, 12:36:25 PM »
Here are some more replays! I've attempted some of the talismans. I'd say that Comet 13 "The Underground Labyrinth" is the most clever one you've made! :thumbsup: Moon 8 "Burning Shadows" was also very challenging.

Moon 10 "Lots of small tasks" is an attempt.

Sun 5 "Blast the Lemmings" should be a backroute. Not sure about my solutions to Sun 17 "Dirt Runner" and Neutron Star 15 "Poor Wee Creatures - Twin Edition".

I haven't beaten Comet 3's (Don't Cross Me!) talisman yet, but when I hit the button to exit the level, for some reason I got the talisman. I didn't save a replay for that one.

By the way, in the Talisman screen, it says Neutron Star 5, but in your 1.4 update post it says Neutron Star 14. Which Neutron Star level are you referring to?
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2016, 03:21:32 PM »
Warning! Great self praising incomming! ;P

So tried BH 21 today and after a lot of tries........... Who's da man! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Solved BH 21 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great level! The struggle to get those last destructive skills is maddening! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's my type of level ;)   Is the music track from Metal Gear Rising Revengence? Greatly helped me not giving up and pushed me forward :)

So with the current version I can proudly say: NepsterLems solved! 8-) (at least until the next fix for the few backrouted levels comes out)

Some stats of my replay:

Time ~ 21mins

Skills used:

19 Climbers

19 Floaters

6 Blockers

20 Builders

20 Bashers

20 Miners

20 Diggers

114 Skills total  (Great potential to save a lot of Athletes and maybe some Blockers)

Replay Attached!

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2016, 06:39:02 PM »
That replay is quite simply, Nicht zu fassen! Over 20 minutes of clever skill usage. Looking at that it seems like you did all that in one try! :lem-shocked:

I declare for now that BH 21 is the greatest level ever created, and that IchoTolot is the greatest level solver ever. :thumbsup: Well done to both of you!
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2016, 06:48:16 PM »
That replay is quite simply, Nicht zu fassen! Over 20 minutes of clever skill usage. Looking at that it seems like you did all that in one try! :lem-shocked:

I declare for now that BH 21 is the greatest level ever created, and that IchoTolot is the greatest level solver ever. :thumbsup: Well done to both of you!

Well thanks for the compliment :)

Rewatching this there are quite a few ways to save some skills, especially in the first part. Nepster told me that I quite altered the solution there (100% expected in such a level :P) and I begin to see some ways of optimising processes (saving some destuctive skills mainly   freeing that first blocker + the first ascend are a bit suboptimal). So it's far from perfect, but it gets the 100% + letting Nepster see that the 100 skill solution can be cut down to 95 ;)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2016, 08:18:58 PM »
Here the new version V1.5 which fixes backroutes by IchoTolot, namida and Wafflem for levels:
  4-1, 4-5, 4-8, 4-11, 4-12, 4-13, 4-16, 5-7, 5-15, 6-3, 6-9, 6-11, 6-12, 6-13, 6-16, 6-20
Moreover the talismans in V1.4 did not check the save requirement properly, which is fixed now. Thanks to Wafflem for noticing a typo in the talisman descriptions: Only Neutron Star 14 has a talisman, not Neutron Star 5.

Solved BH 21 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations to an amazing solution! :thumbsup:

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2016, 02:27:13 PM »
Didn't play the last week to solve BH 9+11 again, but I am uploading my replays in advance to allow you to fix the others in the meantime.

4-1, 4-5, 4-8, 4-11, 4-12, 4-13, 4-16, 5-7, 5-15, 6-3, (6-9, 6-11), 6-12, 6-13, 6-16, 6-20

must/should be checked again by you.

Will try BH 9+11 probably again with the next patch, but me not instantly solving them might be a good sign here ;)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2016, 02:14:18 PM »
And we have reached version 1.6. Two main changes were made:
1) Backroute-fixes for 3-6, 5-2, 6-3, 6-12, 6-13, 6-16, 6-20.
2) Removed some exploders: Apart from X-of-all level (first two ranks and Final Frustration), the number of exploder now never exceeds the number of lemmings that may die in the level.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2016, 01:50:05 PM »
Fixed up all replays again today except for BH 9 + 11 which I did not try again yet (aren't really my favorites to play on top of that :P).

So the levels changed in the last patch should be checked again and I think I got a few more intended now as I really have a strong feeling that this MUST be intended! :)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2016, 07:20:01 PM »
Comments on IchoTolot's new solutions:
 6-3 (Rule of One): Very nice and clever solution. I consider this acceptable, even though it completely misses the main trick of the intended solution. :P
 6-13 (Another Generic Title): Slight variation of the intended solution.
 6-12, 6-16 and 6-20: Backroutes (as you probably guessed).