Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] NepsterLems  (Read 20084 times)

Online kaywhyn

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] NepsterLems
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2020, 05:55:42 pm »
That makes no difference. Lemmings that enter after the timer went down did not count before. I also can confirm that my replay still works.

Yea, I made an edit to my post before you posted this :P

edit: I just watched Icho's replay. Yup, the timer hits 0 at the exact moment the last lemming finishes exiting (easiest way is for the last lemming to exit and then use the N key until you hear the ringing alarm), but the game still gave him the credit for passing the level. Wow, imagine if it was one frame too late instead.

Specifically, in your replay the lemming finishes exiting AND the timer reaches 0 at the exact same moment, so it's not a case of lemmings entering the exit after the timer hits 0. It's not a case of before reaching the exit either. It's right on the dot. But yes, your replay still works because the game still credited you with a "pass." This tells me that it's still a success as long as one of two things happens, either you met or exceeded the save requirement before the time runs out, or you met or exceeded the save requirement AND the timer runs out at the exact same moment. This is good to know, though, and certainly something I didn't know about before in what NL considers a success! ;) It's kind of like in the same way it doesn't matter if you're not able to nuke all lemmings before time runs out. It's a pass as long as you met or exceed the save requirement when the time runs out or both happen at the same moment.

Online kaywhyn

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2020, 10:13:55 pm »
And, the Neutron Star rank has fallen! Replays attached. Despite being the second to last rank, I thought the Neutron Star rank was much easier than the Sun rank. The levels still required some thought, but they didn't seem anywhere near as hard as the Sun levels and so solving time seemed a lot faster than the Sun rank levels. Took me less than 2 days to finish the NS rank. Then again, it took me about the same amount of time for the Sun rank after I was finally able to get past Sun 7.

The hardest levels for me in the Neutron Star rank were Neutron Star 7 - Divide and Conquer and Neutron Star 9 - A Ticket to Hell.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neutron Star 1 - Hope and Despair is a really nice, tricky level to start off the ranking with a somewhat difficult to spot solution. Mine almost fails as I think maybe only a pixel less and the non-floater wouldn't had survived. Indeed, my solution was very timing based and I made the end part more difficult than was necessary.

Neutron Star 4 - Cliff Jumpers is not hard, but it is tricky despite being a 5-of-everything level. Almost sounds like a Reunion level, only I believe the level is called Roofjumpers instead. Still, both levels are appropriately named.

Surely my solution to Neutron Star 11 -Freedom in the Firelight is not intended, since it's possible to shortcut it the way I did and thus I have 2 miners leftover plus a few other skills left.

My most favorite level of the rank would have to be Neutron Star 17 - Poor Lemming No. 6. I really love the solution, and the level title is a big hint and key to solving the level.

Finally, the rank finisher Neutron Star 20 - Time Gate is much easier than the previous rank finisher. Sun 20 is much harder. If anything, these two levels probably should switch positions.

Well, onward to the Black Hole ranking, the last rank and the final 21 levels of the pack where I'll probably get stumped for quite a while. I think I'll be surprised if I can solve any of the levels in this rank. Here goes!

Online ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2020, 10:59:32 pm »
Thanks Kaywhyn I downloaded your replay for Neutron Star.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 11:05:32 pm by ericderkovits »