Author Topic: What video game(s) are you playing at the moment?  (Read 48695 times)

Offline Nessy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What video game(s) are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #195 on: January 26, 2020, 01:43:14 am »
Finished playing the new Switch remake of Link's Awakening. It's a very faithful remake of the original with the exception of very small things here and there. Honestly, the only really noticeable change was the possibility that the boss of the secret, optional dungeon only present in the DX version of the original game was nerfed a little bit. I'm not complaining because from what I remember he was a pain :P My next step is to 100% it (which I've never done) and to try to do a deathless run of it to get the best ending.

I'm also going to take advantage of the at-the-time-of-this-post Steam sell going on to finally pick up a copy of Five Nights At Freddy's Help Wanted especially now that you no longer need a VR headset to play it because there's now a non-VR gameplay mode available in one of its recent updates. I might even get another copy of World Of Goo: a beautiful game that introduced me to the wonderful world of indie games over a decade ago :laugh:

Offline Shmolem

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2020, 01:22:34 am »
I beat Pokémon insurgence at the end of summer last year, I remember when I heard his last Pokémon fainting I sprang out of my chair and ran around the house so excited and I came back to the screen to see the message that I defeated the champion! I was kind of freaking out.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2020, 01:36:02 am »
been playing Breath of the Wild a lot and I can say the hype is real. It's honestly probably the greatest Zelda game of all time... even way up there on the list of greatest GAMES of all time :o 8-)

I need a faster horse... :D
"All things are empty... Whoever can see this no longer needs anything to attain."
-The Heart Sutra

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-the Dude

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #198 on: February 18, 2020, 06:03:33 pm »
I've finished Grandia III now. Not sure what I'll take on next, sadly there isn't a Grandia IV. I've been revisiting The Swindle a bit lately, but it's more a "short bursts" game than a long term playthrough.

G3 was another excellent game. They finally upped the difficulty a bit, too. :D

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 05, 2020, 12:21:24 am »
Rosenkreuzstilette. It's a cute, silly and rather charming game inspired by the Mega Man series; I haven't actually played any of the MM games, so I'm relying on my girlfriend to point out all the references :P

It's very fun so far, looks great and has really nice music, although the balancing is rather strange. Nearly every boss is ridiculously easy if you use the weapon they are weak to, and ridiculously hard if you don't. Still, I've only been playing for a few days, so I'm sure they will seem a bit less unapproachable when I get a bit more used to the game 8-)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #200 on: March 06, 2020, 05:02:09 am »
Nearly every boss is ridiculously easy if you use the weapon they are weak to, and ridiculously hard if you don't.

The Mega Man games also have this problem (except Mega Man 2, where nearly all of the bosses are easy). Plus, half the time the weaknesses never make any sense, so for the most part it's unplayable without a guide, first to tell you which of the robot masters is the least absurdly hard to defeat without their weakness, then to tell you which boss is weak to which weapon. Plus, because of the fact that all the levels are available from the start means that the game gets easier as it goes along instead of harder,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline WillLem

• I'm here to create, but I'm also here to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2020, 02:34:39 pm »
Smashed my speed run/rings record in Sonic The Hedgehog (the Amy Rose hack) this morning. Managed 208 rings in 1:38! Here's a link to the video if you want to watch.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 11:20:01 pm by WillLem »

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2020, 09:28:09 pm »
Nice work! It certainly takes a lot of practice and skill to pull that off. It reminds me of one of my older threads, which is similar, but a bit less complex.
Musical fact: All of Tim Wright's compositions for Original Lemmings are 125 BPM.

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
    • Colorful Arty's Youtube Page
« Reply #203 on: March 26, 2020, 02:05:47 am »
Just got the new Animal Crossing game, and it is so much fun!
My Youtube channel where I let's play games with family-friendly commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRPZ5j87ft_clSRLFCESQA

My levelpack: SubLems
For NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2787.0
For SuperLemmini: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2704.0

Upcoming levelpack: ArtLems
Development Topic: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=3166.0

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 28, 2020, 01:48:14 am »
Since I've just played a Mega Man-inspired game, my girlfriend suggested I should give the original games a try, so we've started on Mega Man X. Really enjoying this one so far 8-)

We're also playing The Talos Principle together, a 3D puzzle game with an interesting world to explore, snippets of lore and philosophy hidden in odd corners, and fun puzzles involving manipulating simple objects such as blocks, gates and lasers. Somewhat similar to Portal (I think -- I haven't played Portal myself so it's hard to compare). I've just reached the Egypt-themed world, and the graphics and music here are really beautiful :) This is definitely becoming one of my favourite games.

Also still slowly working on those last few achievements on Hollow Knight. The last part of the game is an (entirely optional) area themed around boss rushes -- the bosses are divided into four "pantheons", each with nine bosses from the main game plus a unique boss, and you have to defeat them in a row with a heal at the halfway mark. In addition, for each pantheon you can take one of four "bindings" (disadvantages, such as halving the damage of your regular attack, or halving your maximum health). So, in all there are 16 pantheon-binding combinations to achieve. I'm definitely not going for all 16 as some of them are ridiculous, but you get rewards at 8, 12 and 16, and I've now done 10, so I am hoping to get to 12 8-)

All this may sound off-putting, and it's certainly a big time investment to first get good enough at the game to be able to achieve the bindings, and then actually pull them off. Fortunately, Hollow Knight is one of very few games where the bosses are so well-designed that it's still fun to redo them with different conditions and have to come up with new strategies to meet each challenge.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #205 on: March 28, 2020, 04:19:52 am »
(I think -- I haven't played Portal myself so it's hard to compare)

I highly recommend remedying this. :)