NeoLemmix > NeoLemmix Levels

Integral Lemmings

(1/9) > >>

∫tan x dx:
Hi all. I'm a long time fan of the lemmings series and I'd like to present you with my first level pack!

Integral Lemmings

This is a pack for the latest version of NeoLemmix (V12.03.01). It consists of two ranks, each with ten levels.
The rank Epsilon levels use the classic skillset whereas the Delta levels use some of the new features and skills that NeoLemmix provides.
The two ranks are of roughly equal difficulty, and the levels in each pack get progressively harder.

Download Integral Lemmings V5 here!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xgorllnqhaf14qz/IntegralLemmingsV5.zip?dl=1

Changelog for version 2:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)- Set most levels to have infinite time available, except for those levels where time is a factor.
- (Hopefully) Fixed some backroutes in Epsilon 2 and 4
- Changed the platforms in Epsilon 6 to remove a backroute
- Modified the talisman challenge in Epsilon 8 (should be a bit trickier for some of the veterans out there! :evil:)
- Tweaked Epsilon 10 slightly
- Reworked Delta 8 to improve the challenge
- Moved the exit platform in Delta 9 to reduce building time.

Changelog for version 3:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)- (Hopefully) Fixed some more backroutes in Epsilon 2, 4 and Delta 1 ;)
- Lowered the platforms in Epsilon 6 to make the intended solution clearer
- Lowered the lemming count in Delta 3 from 40 to 20 (no actual change in solution, just fewer lemmings)
- Tweaked Delta 6 to remove a few unintended level tactics. Also made explicit the traps and their activation areas

Changelog for version 4:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)- Added a new Alpha rank!
- Removed all music specifications for Epsilon + Delta rank levels.
- Moved the snow levels in Epsilon + Delta nearer to the top, to account for their relative easiness.

No gameplay changes have been made to any Epsilon or Delta level - all solutions and replays are still the same.

Changelog for version 5:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)The Locked Room Mysteries - Changed the save requirement to 30/40. Added a talisman for saving all 40 lemmings.
Unfriendly Neighbours - Made the middle platform thinner to make the top route more attractive. Added a talisman for saving 40 lemmings.
Crowd Control - Reduced lemming counts to save 38 of 40 lemmings. Added a talisman for saving 39.
Thick and Thin - Added a talisman for 100%. Adjusted terrain at the rightmost part of the level. The majority of the level should play the same, but the last part may be broken.
A Sorting Problem - Swapped the slider/swimmer hatches. Moved the lower right exit slightly more to the right to prevent a possible backroute.
The Big Dig - Reworked the terrain in the middle of the level to encourage interesting solutions. ;)
Equivalent Exchange - Removed some terrain at the right side of the level to prevent a backroute. Added some terrain to the left side. Lowered the save requirement.
Fun with Lasers - Adjusted terrain near the left exit.
Escape from Zombie Island - Adjusted terrain near the leftmost entrance. It now requires a minimum of seven diggers to tunnel through that piece of terrain! :evil:

A different kind of problem - Adjusted terrain near the third entrance to allow for greater control over the splat height. This will most likely break replays!

Feedback, suggestions, comments and criticisms are appreciated!

Enjoy!

Flopsy:
Welcome to the forums tan x dx :)

This level pack is very well designed and you clearly have worked hard on it at first glance.
I'm interested in recording myself playing this level pack and that will be valuable feedback to yourself, the levels do look very difficult but they look like they will be fun to attempt.

The only immediately critique I have of this level pack in general is it is generally not common practice to have a time limit for every single level in the pack. We usually have an unwritten rule here that time limits should only be used when the challenge of the level warrants it. A couple of good examples to use from the standard Lemmings games are "Just A Minute", "ONWARDS AND UPWARDS", "Welcome to the Party Pal" etc.
I can see a couple of levels in the pack where this rule could apply, the ones where the time limits are generally smaller like 3:00 could be ok. Without playing the levels I don't have a precise answer to this, you rarely get much from adding a 7-8 min time limit to a level though for example.

I think what I'm saying is, the levels look hard enough already without the time limits being there to turn our potential solves into no solves because we weren't quick enough to execute the solution. It can be aggravating and result in the pack not being as much fun and this pack although small looks like it can be a lot of fun so it is such a minor thing which can be easily fixed :).

Maybe you didn't know that having no time limit levels was acceptable, I can assure you they are most welcome :)

IchoTolot:
I am greatly impressed with the pack so far! :thumbsup:  I can even see glances of my own level creation style in some levels! ;)

I've played through Epsilon and will continue with Delta tomorrow, as it is rather late here. ;)

I've attached my replays to this post and will post detailed feedback when I'm through with the pack.

Generally as Flopsy said I can only see 1 level in the first level that benefits from a time limit, that being the 3:00 dirt one.

Great pack so far and welcome to the forums! :thumbsup:

Crane:
Welcome to the forums, ln|sec x| + C.  I'll definitely start having a look at your pack.  Good for more people to join our little family!

namida:
Just a tip - with DropBox links, change the dl=0 to dl=1 at the end, then the link will work as a direct download (instead of having to go through the DropBox splash page).

Going to take a look at this pack. :) Welcome to the forums!

Okay, I played the first three levels.

The first level was pretty clever, took me a while to solve.
I think the second might be a backroute. If it's intended, it's pretty clever.
The third one... holy shit, this level is crazy hard. I'm not sure this isn't a backroute, and even this took me well over an hour to find. If it is the intended solution, that's a lot of precision...

I agree with the sentiment about the time limits being unnecessary, although at least they were set high enough that they weren't a problem.

I'll continue on this later, but I'm definitely very impressed so far.

Okay, I played the rest of Epsilon. I'll play Delta another time, maybe tomorrow.

I'm very impressed. These are all great levels - some easier than others for sure, but they're all very good.

The 4th one, I suspect might be another backroute.
The 5th one is one of my favorites! :D That's a really clever level.
The 6th one is another really neat level. I got the left side almost right away (I've used that trick many times in my own levels), but it took me a while to figure out how to handle the right side.
The 7th one was fairly easy. I saw the solution right away, it was just a matter of figuring out how to make it work, which didn't take too long either. It's still a good level, just relatively easy by this pack's standards.
The 8th one, almost every one of my packs contains (at least one) level using this kind of trick, so I had no trouble at all with this one.
The 9th one was a really fun level. Despite the time limit being low, it didn't really feel particularly tight.
And finally, the final level of Epsilon... this was second only to level 3 in terms of how long it took me to solve, but this time it was purely a matter of figuring the solution out, rather than messing around with precision. This was an INCREDIBLE level! :D A very likely LOTY2018 candidate here!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version