Author Topic: NeoLemmix V12.13.0-RC Released  (Read 1204 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
NeoLemmix V12.13.0-RC Released
« on: May 16, 2024, 01:47:58 AM »
The release candidate build for V12.13.0 is here. WIP changelog here: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5674.0
If you are looking for the stable version of NeoLemmix, you're after 12.12.5: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5673.0

Known Issues (click to show/hide)

Download (V12.13.0-RC1, editor included): https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=585

This download only includes the Orig and OhNo styles, plus "default", "xmas" and "special", as well as "namida_systemtest" for (functional but not ideal visually) objects of the new types. You can use the in-game Style Manager (in the Settings) to download other styles, or you can download styles manually:
- All styles: https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=52
- Any individual style: https://www.neolemmix.com/styles/12.11/XXXXXXXX.zip (replace XXXXXXXX with the style's name, eg: https://www.neolemmix.com/styles/12.11/orig_fire.zip for orig_fire - and no, "12.11" in the link is not a typo)

As always, it is recommended you install the RC build to a new folder, rather than trying to use it in the same folder as your existing version of NeoLemmix. You can copy across your hotkeys file (from the Settings folder) after running the RC build for the first time.

You can find some levels using the new objects here: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5872.0 (Please read the rules of that topic before posting in it!)

Please report any bugs relating to the new objects on the New Objects bugs & suggestions board.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 11:57:53 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.13.0-RC Released
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 03:41:56 AM »
I checked the Lemmings Plus replays. There was one broken replay in VI, I haven't investigated why, it was on an open ended level and multiple other replays for it still passed. Aside from that everything passed.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Online ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2024, 04:49:18 AM »
I noticed one of my replays in Festival Millas 2022 and 2 of my Festival Millas 2023 replays broke in the NL 12.13.0-RC due to the fixed basher slider bug. I fixed those replays to work in NL 12.13.0-RC

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2024, 07:48:02 AM »
I have just checked the intro pack and United and no replay breaks there.

In 2 of my "non-pack" single levels I needed replay fixes though due to the fixed basher slider bug like in eric's case - nothing major though.

- For interest: The 2 levels were former contest levels (both from #24): "Starstruck" and "Violent Changes"

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2024, 06:57:35 PM »
I can't run V12.13.0 RC both on my pc and laptop.
This is the error message I got:

Looks like everyone else are having no problem. :crylaugh:
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2024, 09:34:44 PM »
I can't run V12.13.0 RC both on my pc and laptop.
This is the error message I got:

Idea: There are at least two new images in the RC1:

./gfx/panel/nolems_message.png
./gfx/panel-hr/nolems_message.png

Do these exist in your NL tree? Or did you take the executable from the download and nothing else?

Even if you installed the entire RC1: Maybe NL calls into outdated graphic libraries on your system. I don't know if it's possible with PNG to run into new compression formats, but, as a wild guess: Open the images in a graphic-editing program of your choice, then re-save them as PNG. Does that make NL happy?

(It would spoil the wild goose chase if the message told you which image it tried to load. On the other hand, it doesn't seem to be entirely NL's fault; grepping the source for variations of "Unknown image format" finds nothing. Looks like it comes from within one of NL's libraries.)

-- Simon
« Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 09:57:00 PM by Simon »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2024, 05:54:16 PM »
I'm not certain what's going on here, but anytime I run 12.13 RC it always starts in windowed mode even though I have the "full-screen" option checkbox enabled. In my case, it's almost full-screen, but I can still see an inch of my desktop on the right-side of the screen. Other than that, I can see the taskbar and Windows programs/applications at the bottom, meaning I don't have to press the Windows key to get out of NL. The only fix I have for this is to uncheck the full-screen option, hit apply/ok, then check the full-screen checkbox again, hit apply/ok. Then it becomes completely full-screen. However, this isn't preserved between sessions. I have to do these steps again every time I start up 12.13 RC.

Also when it's not full-screen, in-game levels don't scroll to the left even when I have moved the cursor all the way on the left side. I can still use the mini-map to click and go to the left. Scrolling to the right works as usual.

I will report back with a MRC on some packs in coming days/weeks! ;) 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2024, 12:08:47 AM »
Confirmed the first of the bugs that kaywhyn has reported (regarding fullscreen option); additionally, the Windows Taskbar is also visible.

Can't replicate the scrolling bug.

Notes:

* These bugs are not present in the 12.13 Exp, which is based on NL commit f3d92ea33. So, it's likely they were introduced after this commit
* The bugs are also not present in my working copy of NL. I haven't yet merged the branches 12.13-RC1 and styles-updates into my master branch, so that may help to narrow it down even further (the PNG scans in commit 492a750a8, perhaps?)
* Since Armani's bug is gfx-related, all bugs seem to point to GR32 being the issue; I've noticed a few dodgy ".pas file not found" issues in RAD since updating to V3, but none of them seem to have affected SLX or NL 12.13 Exp and have been either as a result of a missing image or an incorrect PNG interface call by me, so... easy to fix if they do arise
* AV doesn't make a difference with kaywhyn's bug, yet to hear back from Armani if he's tried AV deactivation to help with his
« Last Edit: June 02, 2024, 05:27:08 PM by WillLem »

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2024, 06:53:55 AM »
Still no luck :( I get the same error message over and over
 - clean install
 - open and re-save new png files(helpers for new objects, mask for portal, no lems message)
 - testing with other devices
nothing works so far. AV deactivation didn't help either.

When I download the full RC1 and replace only the executable with the one from v12.12.5, I can run NL v12.12.5 without the unknown image format warning. very strange :evil:
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2024, 09:50:07 PM »
There's two possible candidates here - although it's very weird that it works for some people and not others. One is the GR32 version update, which should be easy to revert and see if it helps. The other is the upgrade to Delphi 11.3, which is a bit harder to revert as Delphi only make the latest version available for free. (There's always the pirate option, but especially with me wrapping up my own work, it's very preferable if NL can be compiled with legit free tools - which would be a concern even were I to purchase a legit copy of my own, something itself there's no way I'm doing at Delphi's prices for something I likely won't use outside of the last bit of NL work).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2024, 02:23:49 AM »
Regarding the fullscreen issue - I have confirmed that an additional factor required for this bug to occur is the OS's scaling not being set to 100%. (I have only specifically confirmed that values above 100% will trigger the bug.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2024, 05:28:21 PM »
Confirmed that the bugs aren’t present when compiling NL 12.13 in RAD 10.4.2 (minimal testing, but the same testing as I did for the 12.13-RC in which the bugs are present).

My display is set to 150% scaling.