Author Topic: NeoLemmix V12.12.5, Editor V1.40 Released  (Read 18797 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
NeoLemmix V12.12.5, Editor V1.40 Released
« on: July 08, 2021, 01:34:28 AM »
It's finally here! As most of you will know, the main drawcard of this update is that it brings the final two new skills to the table - the Slider, who can slide down walls / off overhangs, and the Laserer, who destroys terrain at range with a laser beam.

There's a few smaller but nice features too for content designers - we now have a dedicated object type for only-on-terrain decorations, the triggered animation objects are back (now also with a single-use variant - and for those of you who don't like these, hiding backgrounds will also hide these), and it's now possible for a level to specify that the screen start position should be determined automatically. A few more small but nice tweaks too, and as (almost) always some bugfixes; check the changelog for the full list.

Changelog, V12.11.3 -> V12.12.0 (click to show/hide)

Changelog, V12.12.0 -> V12.12.1 (click to show/hide)

Changelog, V12.12.1 -> V12.12.2 (click to show/hide)

Changelog, V12.12.2 -> V12.12.3 (click to show/hide)

Changelog, V12.12.3 -> V12.12.4 (click to show/hide)

Changelog, V12.12.4 -> V12.12.5 (click to show/hide)

Download: https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=567 (permalink to V12.12.5)
Styles: https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?program=52 (link will always download latest styles download)
Editor: https://www.neolemmix.com/download.php?id=512 (permalink to V1.40)

Game source (Delphi): https://bitbucket.org/namida42/neolemmixplayer/
Editor source (C#): https://bitbucket.org/namida42/neolemmixeditor/

You no longer need to download the styles; this is just provided for if you want to quickly grab all of them in one go. You can instead download styles as needed in-game, which is the recommended way to obtain styles and may be more up-to-date than the all styles ZIP.

If you are upgrading from V12.11.X or earlier, please set up in a new folder (you can copy over your Levels and Settings folders). If you are upgrading from V12.12.0-RC builds, you can just extract over the top of it.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 11:11:47 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.12.0, Editor V1.40 Released
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 01:34:34 AM »
Link to the "New Skills Levels" topic from during the experimental phase: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5227.0

(Creators are advised to re-test and include in actual packs of course, but it's something to get started with.)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 09:26:22 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 06:11:34 AM »
Yippee! Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to the project namida! :)
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 02:40:42 PM »
Report: No replay breakage in my library! :)

Tested packs:

- Assorted Gubbins
- ArtLems
- DoveLems
- Lemmings World Tour
- DoveLems
- Lemmings Reunion
- Lemmings United
- NL Intro Pack
- PimoLems
- Lemmings Destination

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 06:36:35 PM »
Yeah, I didn't find any breakage in my packs either. I also tried switching my levels to use the auto screen start position - out of all my packs, only a handful of levels (perhaps 10 or so) needed to use manual positions, and even most of these were not a huge deal (it was often a case like, the level is symmetrical and the start is in the middle, so the screen starting off-center was awkward).
My Lemmings projects

Offline Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 07:54:55 PM »
Hello, thanks for this new version. Played a few levels from different packs and it worked fine.
> Added a general records for levels (like the user records, but includes results from other users' replays).

I guess it has something to do with the orange check marks but they're attached to a few levels only and still, they're showing my informations. Is that normal or am I missing on something?(online features enabled).

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 08:01:20 PM »
I guess it has something to do with the orange check marks but they're attached to a few levels only and still, they're showing my informations. Is that normal or am I missing on something?(online features enabled).

This isn't an online feature in any way. In previous versions, if you load your own replay, it'll update your records, whereas if you load someone else's replay, it wouldn't. Now, it still has a "personal records" tracker, but it also has a second "everyone's records" tracker that even other people's replays will count towards. You still need to actually load and play back the replay (either in-game or via a mass replay check) on your local copy of NL.

As awesome as online records would be, there isn't any way I can think of to do them that wouldn't be vulnerable to fake records, other than relying on someone manually verifying them.
My Lemmings projects

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2021, 03:44:05 AM »
As awesome as online records would be, there isn't any way I can think of to do them that wouldn't be vulnerable to fake records, other than relying on someone manually verifying them.

Require a replay? NL's replay checker could then autoverify the record.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2021, 04:42:38 AM »

Require a replay? NL's replay checker could then autoverify the record.

Someone would need to download NeoLemmix, run the replays through them, and upload the verified records data (which, presumably, would just be the data saved in their progress file after running a mass check). It is not currently possible for the server itself to run NeoLemmix and validate them (NL is a Windows app, the server runs Linux, this is not a case where emulators / similar are an option).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2021, 07:27:04 PM »
I've just released a styles update with some fixes to issues in both the Default and Xmas lemming sprites. These are purely visual (though in one case affects the athlete/etc recoloring), but if you'd like the fix, grab the all-styles download from the first post, or update "Default" and "Xmas" via the in-game style manager.

In case anyone was concerned about it - it is correct that the new all-styles zip is about 6MB smaller than the last one and that some files that haven't nominally changed are not byte-for-byte identical - basically, did some stuff with the PNG files to make them smaller, but there is no difference to the actual graphic contained (rather, it's better compression / removing unneeded metadata / etc).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.12.1, Editor V1.40 Released
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2021, 10:11:56 PM »
V12.12.1 update released. Fixes a cosmetic bug affecting custom title screen layouts, and adds sketches for the Laserer.

Attached ZIP can be used to update from 12.12.0-stable; for anything else please use the full download in the first post.

If you've made / downloaded a custom Laserer sketch, be aware that it will be overwritten when upgrading to V12.12.1.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2021, 02:08:23 AM »
For those of you who rely on the all-styles ZIP, it's just been updated.
My Lemmings projects

Offline tor

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2021, 02:17:16 PM »
There is a long time problem with the installer: If it encounters a problem with a zip file, it just stops installing instead of skipping the bad zip file and continue installing.
Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 (64-bit)
Java version 8 update 251 (64-bit)
SuperLemmini 0.104a
NeoLemmix Player V12.8.2

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2021, 09:24:14 PM »
There is a long time problem with the installer: If it encounters a problem with a zip file, it just stops installing instead of skipping the bad zip file and continue installing.

The installer has not been updated, maintained or in any way officially supported for a while now.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2021, 03:30:01 PM »
Just want to note here that several physics bugs have been found with the Slider. As such, it is very possible that some minor breakage (especially of replays; probably less so of entire levels) may occur when 12.13 comes on levels that use the Slider - if you are the kind of person who doesn't tend to update / maintain their content, you may wish to avoid using the Slider in your levels for now.

To be clear it's not going to be culled; this is just a warning to expect 12.13 to have some Slider fixes that may cause replay breakage (and, much less likely but not impossible, level breakage). It also will not require any changes / updates to custom sprites.

And also to be clear, this is only the Slider that's affected. No bugs have been reported with the Laserer since its inclusion in stable NeoLemmix builds.
My Lemmings projects