Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Fastest Time Records  (Read 26999 times)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Fastest Time Records
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2021, 05:23:28 PM »
"No added colours or lemmings"... 48.06 seconds.

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2021, 06:29:16 PM »
Not as ground-breaking, but I managed to shave about a second off "The Great Lemming Caper" (49.35) - also a talisman solution.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2021, 09:57:30 PM »
That Lunatic 4 solution of yours was, in a word, INCREDIBLE! :thumbsup: How you managed to keep the two climbers is absurd. I'll see if I can copy that miner blocker trick in other levels though. :P

As for 23, that was a classic oversight. Good job. I've put both records into my document and I'll update the thread for you.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2021, 10:03:46 PM »
Thank you for the kind (and big!) word.  I think it might be the first backroute ever for that level (although the precision required may mean it doesn't really count as one).

Also got a solution for Anxiety... 1:27.18

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2021, 10:22:52 PM »
Improved it further... 1:20.71
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 02:54:04 AM by Crane »

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2021, 10:43:29 AM »
Chill Out - 15.41

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2021, 11:36:03 PM »
Let's get together - 51.71

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2021, 08:03:43 AM »
Thanks, Crane. I also made several small improvements to levels, mostly optimising to save the exact requirement; However, some others, such as "Tension Sheet" Quirky 29, which had a "Random Generator" effect on release, which can be annoying sometimes but I found this one quite fun. Replay attached is the "1:18.18" solution, which takes three seconds off! It's nice to come back every once in a while with your memory refreshed. :D

I am also going to add the NeoLemmix Introduction Pack results under a separate attachment. It's been two weeks since I submitted my replays to Ichotolot on the main thread. I still haven't seen him commentate on my replays yet, but if he gets back to me and considers swapping levels then I'll rename my replays accordingly. The same goes with any backroute fixes that I may have found.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2021, 04:42:16 PM »
I've reordered the packs in the OP. For NeoLemmix challenge topics, I would like to keep packs in a consistent order: Redux first, then Original Lemmings (for challenges where this has been covered), then other packs in alphabetical order by author.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2021, 09:59:21 PM »
Thanks, Proxima. I agree that Redux should be listed first.

Also, as you mentioned Original Lemmings, I noticed that you've sorted out that level pack ready for challenges again! :thumbsup:

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2021, 10:08:23 PM »
Not quite. Several of the sub-packs are pretty much done now (L1, ONML, Covox, Prima, SMS, PSP, 2P and Miscellaneous Levels); Genesis and Holiday are well under way; NES will take a while because I want to play through the actual NES version so I can check how accurate the conversions are; I haven't started on L2 or the ZX Spectrum levels. But yes, the conversions as a whole are coming along 8-)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2021, 04:25:19 PM »
Here's Hunt The Nessy in 3:58.94. Building over Nessy appears to be the fastest solution. This was optimised down from 4:07.XX, which involved bashing through Nessy instead.

This was played in the new L1 conversion.

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2021, 02:50:40 AM »
The race against cliches - 2:05.24

Change up the timings a bit and this can be a zero Floater solution too.

This can be done a few seconds faster in the Oh Noi More Lemmings version due to the direction of the trapdoor.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2021, 09:36:32 AM »
Good work. I have optimised the floaters and RR to improve that time to 2:04.47.

This may be opening the floodgates, but I have released solutions to the NeoLemmix Introduction Pack at the top of this thread. Good luck with these!

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2022, 11:26:46 AM »
I was aware about the major update to the NeoLemmix Introduction Pack, and have updated the table with new results. I also made a few more optimisations to older levels, all are listed at the top of the page.

The door is still open BTW if anybody has any suggestions for Level Packs, especially those with multiple solutions to levels, and also those including the new skills (Laserer and Slider) if anybody's interested!