Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Which levels can be beaten with the new skills?  (Read 48900 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix V12.7.1] Which levels can be beaten with the new skills?
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2019, 02:47:20 AM »
I'm glad you've enjoyed the challenge ... Would you (or anyone else for that matter) like me to upload Holiday Lemmings, Covox, Prima?

Definitely! Bring it on... :thumbsup:

Maybe do infinite skills this time tho, to save the hassle of editing those which need more skills. ;P

You've certainly proved to be a better player after learning all these tricks.

Thanks! Much appreciated. I have learned a lot watching yours and others' replays from this task - it's actually been a great way to get used to using the new skills since a lot of the levels involve carving out your own solution.

16: Don't worry. It is hard without blockers, along with the high release rate and tight space. I managed this with 3 of each (And went a slightly different route). Replay attached.

Nicely done! I forgot about the possibility of Fencing to the exit, I was concentrating on minimising stacker use...

17: Amazing! You used all the skills to great aplomb here. This is why we have these challenge threads.

Thanks again, Minim. This was one of my favourites to solve, I love the fact that it uses every skill (except the stoner, of course).

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2019, 02:52:15 AM »
This might have already been done, but here is a solution to Tricky 1 that uses only 1 of everything with no losses.

Great stuff, I like a good perfect-timing solution! :thumbsup:

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2019, 11:54:51 AM »
Happy to oblige!

Here's a 5 skills, 5 losses solution to Wicked 4, if a little bit clumsy.

Also, 6 skills, 0 losses for Mayhem 10!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 12:03:41 PM by Crane »

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2019, 03:30:11 PM »
Here's Crazy 11 15 of each, lost 1.  Lost 0 is probably impossible given the time limit and having to start so much lower.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2019, 05:21:31 PM »
Good job with those replays. I'm glad Crazy 11 can be over and done with, but I'll update this level anyway for the sake of this challenge. As for Mayhem 10, good job using the raised double platformer there.

I have some more Havoc results and improvements.
2: 9 of each, lost 5
Forgot to attach the replay for this. :XD: I'll see if I can explain it: It's my 13x solution with a few differences. I stoned at the start, saving three stackers. Then I used another stoner underneath the steel platform with the lower red bar and trapped the lemmings with a cloned stacker, saving one more stacker. I then did the rest of the route as normal. I freed the lemmings with a fencer.

5 and 16: 1 of each, lost 1
No replays needed here. Seems like everybody's forgotten about 5. :P For 16, I simply stoned as soon as the first one appears. The skills then occur as follows: Glider, Cloner, Stacker, Platformer, Shimmier.

6: 3 of each, lost 3
Replay attached. Went the other way round compared to WillLem's solution.

14: 5 of each
Replay attached. Found a way to save the extra stacker.

20: 3 of each, lost 2
Similar to WillLem's route. Replay attached anyway.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2019, 02:28:11 PM »
Results and replays for Covox pack are in my above post. :thumbsup:

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2019, 05:46:13 AM »
After downloading WillLem's Covox replays, I realise that the names of difficulty ratings are identical to Original Lemmings. I've distinguished them (along with Prima) from the Original and will re-upload the pack. I also solved all of Covox. I will compare some of my solution differences to WillLem's here.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2019, 06:31:25 AM »
2 Skill, 0 Loss solutions for Tricky 3 and Taxing 29 (the latter is different because of the higher release rate).

Also 3 skills, 2 losses for Taxing 25.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 07:01:20 AM by Crane »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2019, 04:33:06 PM »
Now done Prima, see above for replays & results. This was a fun little pack to play through.

Thanks for the comments, and well done for getting Taxing 2 down to 10, very nice technique 8-); I'm going to need to get the hang of that Fencer/Walker combo move, it looks a useful little trick for steepening (is that a word?) the upwards progress through terrain. I anticipate needing this a lot during the Xmas levels...

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2019, 09:56:16 PM »
I had a go at the Prima levels too. I pretty much got similar results to WillLem's. All comments are my result differences.

I thought I might upload my Prima Tricky 4 replay too. My result is 4 of each, lost 1.

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2019, 09:02:08 AM »
I managed to improve Taxing 26, "Triple Trouble", to 6 of each, 0 losses, or 4 of each, 4 losses

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2019, 07:22:34 PM »
Just watched your Tricky 1 replay - it inspired me to have a go at getting it down to 9, which I managed by mixing elements of both our methods to create a supermethod! (replay attached).

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2019, 08:17:17 PM »
Nice work! :thumbsup: I won't hesitate to put that result in.

Thought I might go back to one of the most boring levels in this challenge: Wild 13. I improved this right down to 20 of each. This is by no means the final solution though. There are still plenty of opportunities to experiment with different scenarios. Replay attached. This also takes out the extra cloner I used in the original solution, and consequently makes experimenting much easier.

So far I used 19 Walkers, 16 Shimmiers, 13 Stackers and 20 Fencers.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2019, 08:36:09 PM »
Nice work! :thumbsup: I won't hesitate to put that result in.

Thought I might go back to one of the most boring levels in this challenge: Wild 13. I improved this right down to 20 of each. This is by no means the final solution though. There are still plenty of opportunities to experiment with different scenarios. Replay attached. This also takes out the extra cloner I used in the original solution, and consequently makes experimenting much easier.

So far I used 19 Walkers, 16 Shimmiers, 13 Stackers and 20 Fencers.

Very good. :thumbsup: I like that Fencer/Walker technique, very hackish but does the job in a tight-time-limit level like this!

I've now included my replays & results for the Xmas '91 & '92 levels. Alas - we still don't have a set of results without at least 1 impossible level (unless you count Xmas '92 as its own set - no reason why we shouldn't, I suppose!)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2019, 06:00:53 AM »
I had another breakthrough this morning with Wild 13. Now down to 11 of each. I followed a route a little more akin to WillLem's this time.

I also did the Xmas levels earlier. No changes to my results compared to WillLem's, but I have to admire the way WillLem controlled the lems with the stacker in "The North Poles". I did a more realistic method of double stacking to trap the other lemming. Out of all levels, I think "Christmas Bonus" looks the most likely level to improve on.