Author Topic: Lemmings World Tour Remastered [New-Formats Version] [Difficulty: Medium]  (Read 41717 times)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings World Tour Remastered [New-Formats Version] [Difficulty: Medium]
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2021, 01:25:24 PM »
Great to hear, kaywhyn! :thumbsup: I guess that means I should finish watching the Lemmicks LP quickly now ;) .

I actually haven't been playing video games that much the last few months - the only video game I've played excessively this year was NieR: Automata. And that was only during the first half of the year, and has already inspired several Lemmings levels in return (all for Lemmings, Drugs, & Rock 'n Roll, which is going to be closest in spirit to a successor to Lemmings World Tour; Lemmings Open Air was really more of a successor to Pit Lems in terms of level design, and Lemmings: Hall of Fame in turn will be a successor to Lemmings Open Air, just with L2 tilesets).

Instead, I've been trying to write up a fictional story about a generation ship - a premise I have been toying around with in my head for a couple of years, but so far, it had only been an interesting premise. It wasn't until I discovered Abbie Emmons's YouTube channel and her more "theme-driven" writing advice that the characters really started coming to life.

Perhaps I'll dedicate a level to this story in the space-themed pack "Lemmings Universe" (you might remember that vote I did on the theme of my next pack, once both Hall of Fame and Drugs & Rock 'n Roll have been completed). 8-)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2021, 06:18:07 PM »
I ended up taking a bit of a break from this but am back having finished off replays for the Diva & Professional rank.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 10:22:53 PM by Apjjm »
My Level Packs: Quartet

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2021, 11:26:26 PM »
Thanks for your replays again, Apijm! :thumbsup: As tends to be the case with such a large pack, people are playing through it faster than I can watch and comment on the solutions. I might just do a quick summary about the most noteworthy / memorable ones I find among your solutions. If I don't comment on a solution to an individual level, at this point you can usually just assume it's intended.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2021, 01:31:05 AM »
Legend rank completed :thumbsup: Some tough puzzles there to solve!

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2021, 02:54:56 PM »
Congratulations on completing the main pack, Apjjm! :thumbsup: I'll check your replays later; right now I'd probably confuse your solutions with kaywhyn's easily if I watched them both in parallel.
My packs so far:

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2021, 07:07:55 AM »
Hi Strato,

I have finished the pack. My replays are attached. You already know, as well as some others, but I'll leave the link to the LP here too.

LWT New Formats LP: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbp2m4KlFpJvybDd6KW6DcKY8q6ZeMFfA Glad to see Strato, Apjjm, and Swerdis enjoying it :)

Since I've already posted feedback for the pack for Old Formats, I'm just going to copy/paste all of it here :P No way am I spending half of the day writing feedback for all the same 320 levels again :laugh: In addition, I'll likely simply add on to the feedback only the ones that are different between Old Formats and New Formats.

Feedback on the Noisemaker Rank

Since this is yet again another first rank of tutorial levels, instead of feedback on every individual level (honestly, 40 is a lot in one rank, and I can't even begin to phantom how very long it will take me to write feedback on all 40 levels for each rank, especially the later ones) like I did with Paralems and Pit Lems, I'm just going to focus on a select few.

Being another first rank that's just tutorials, I'll be honest, and that is I was pretty bored with the rank, since I'm pretty much familiar with all of the tricks mentioned in the pre-text associated with each level The rank didn't feel as dull this time, perhaps because of all that time that lapsed from the last time I played any of your packs. Not to mention that I LPed the pack in real-time on camera, which definitely made it way more exciting for me, and you can probably tell that I was enjoying myself very much, even if I sometimes made a fool out of myself and was a dummy on a lot of the levels, which I will emphasize that those moments weren't just for shows, they're all genuine reactions, just like you said ;) However, because this rank is just "tutorial-like" levels teaching some tricks that will come back in later ranks and I'm already familiar with all of them, that probably means I probably could had skipped the Noisemaker rank entirely, but when it comes to playing packs I play all ranks anyway, so endure it I must. To be fair, this rank isn't the main meat and the real deal of the pack, since I believe the exciting stuff is in the Amateur rank and beyond. However, I believe I also gathered from the OP of this topic that the Amateur rank is similar to the Noisemaker with tutorial style levels, with the first few levels of the Amateur rank I have played so far being quite similar to the first few of Pit Lems in that they're being grouped by type of skills: constructive, destructive, horizontal movement, etc. up until a little over the halfway point of the rank. So, I think with this knowledge I will likely be bored even more until I'm past all of them in the Amateur rank.

Another thing about the Noisemaker levels is that they're also quite challenging. It's like you said, these aren't your very basic skill tutorial levels, there's also a real puzzle on top of introducing the skill mechanics rather than just their basic function. Even the first level already starts off a bit difficult, although I still think Noisemaker 1 is a bit easier than LOL 1 of Pit Lems. Heck, Basic 1 of Lemmicks is the easiest out of these first levels in the first rank. Now, I know that you said that nin10doadict thought Pit Lems got difficult too quickly and that you were essentially aiming for intermediate with LWT. I don't think that has been the case so far with the tutorial levels, but I'm only in the very early stages of the pack, so I'm likely speaking too soon. In particular, I think Noisemaker 4 - Going under is the first level that will likely stump many players, as it really requires you to think about how to get through the multiple obstacles with the extremely limited amount of destructive skills. The level certainly does a great job of enforcing the idea needed, though, it's just a bit harsh with the very limited skillset IMO.

Noisemaker 5 - Over the rainbow might also be another somewhat difficult level for the less experienced players.

I also consider Noisemaker 8 - Glide and joy to be another unusually difficult level, not just because of how to get the trick to turn around on steel with builders and a digger, which you explained in more detail in the most recent update from earlier this year, but also because

Noisermaker 10 - Noel nouvelet is quite a nice somewhat challenging puzzle using only NL skills. I say the only tricky thing here is the placement of the stacker, especially when trying to make sure just the glider slips past and no other lemmings do.

Finally, not a difficult level per se, but I consider the trick needed in Noisemaker 33 - Mein kleiner gruener Kaktus to be an extremely obscure one for less experienced players. I have known it for quite a while, and hence the level is easy for someone like me, but

It's also a pretty nice looking level too, although the giant OWW arrows really stand out and make the cacti not look as nice. 

All other levels in the rank weren't as challenging as the ones mentioned above, although they're still challenging enough to require some thinking on how to solve. I really liked Noisemaker 21 - Rainbow in the dark, which is a really close repeat of Noisemaker 5, using the builder wall trick at the end, which is first taught 3 levels prior.

There are levels that I would like to point out where I didn't really use the trick you intended in your spoiler list. I think Noisemaker 14 - Digital World (I know what you mean in the spoiler list, but I certainly didn't use it, and I have skills leftover), Noisemaker 18 - Stop and stair (I simply brute forced it and so I have a basher leftover, easiest fix here is to increase the number of lemmings so I can't pull off what I did in my replay), Noisemaker 22 - Locked Away (I didn't assign any skills at the top of the walls to stop the climbers, and I don't think there's really any way to enforce this), and Noisemaker 30 - In the Army (I don't know what you mean in the spoiler) are the ones I didn't use the trick you intended. For the last one, unless that's exactly you mean,

A lot of these levels look really nice, even in the ones that use just the original styles. I got to say the nicest looking level in this rank is Noisemaker 15 - Octopus's Garden, with Noisemaker 39 - Vegas Lights a close second. I absolutely love the former song, as I'm a huge Beatles fan. Written primarily and sung by none other than Ringo Starr too, the one who contributed the least but occasional vocals as compared to his 3 bandmates in their songs. Hidden traps here, but the real saving grace is that it's a very short level and plus the locations of the traps in the octopus are kind of easy to guess at, although the level can still be a bit annoying to pull off. I'm not sure if my very temporary digger pit on the clam is intended, as well as getting past the trigger on top of it, is intended, though.

For the latter, I don't know the song, but I do know Panic at the Disco. Ugh, the excessive repetitive stoning assignments to get past 4 trap trigger areas! :evil: Even after that, it can be a bit difficult to isolate a lemming to bridge the gap to the exit. Nevertheless, I do like how you included the Eiffel Tower replica, since it is there when you visit Las Vegas. Speaking of Vegas, the last time I went was way back in 2012, after I had just graduated from college. I should definitely make plans to come back and visit one of these days. Too bad I'm already in my 30s, and it's especially very difficult for me to take vacations nowadays.

Out of the 40 levels in this rank, I recognized 11 of them by title. Others I don't know the song, but I recognized the artist's name. It surprises me that you even know about singers like Katy Perry, Duran Duran, and Joan Jett. You either know them from listening to them a lot on the radio or you really did your research. Others like the Beatles and Wham not so much, since they're from around close to where you are.

One final thing regarding a level. For Noisemaker 38 - Rock, Paper, Scissors, the trigger area of the vine traps seems way off. Instead of being right on top of the vine, it's a little off to the side. Is this intended? I'm not sure if it will affect the level's solution either way.

Finally, a big issue with the pack is that it tends to take quite a while for the level preview to load up. The worst offenders in the Noisemaker ranks are the two artistic levels I just mentioned, Octopus's Garden and Vegas Lights. The latter takes the longest out of all the Noisemaker levels to load up.

Now that I'm on the Amateur rank, hopefully the very exciting stuff is to come. I was definitely very bored with the Noisemaker rank, and them being quite challenging kind of made it a turn-off even more, but then again I am a bit crankier today than I usually am due to finishing the second half and how I'm extremely sleep-deprived. Again, I'm sure the pack definitely gets better with its puzzles. Artistically, obviously many of those are to come, since most of the levels had to get the design right. If that's the case, then I definitely have something to look forward to as I proceed with the pack. I just hope that the pack does keep me engaged as I play more of it later.

Ok pack so far, but again I'm aware that I'm not even into the good stuff yet since I've only played the very boring Noisemaker rank so far.

Feedback on the First 28 Tutorial-Like Levels of the Amateur Rank

Let me start off by saying that it was a huge relief to finally start hearing the other music tracks starting in this rank. I got annoyed with the boring ONML music rotation very quickly in the Noisemaker rank. Don't get me wrong, you did a good job of remixing the 6 ONML tracks, but it was very boring hearing the same 6 tunes throughout the 40 levels of the Noisemaker rank. Indeed, I found myself rocking out to some of your original Lemmings music track remixes in the Amateur rank :thumbsup: In particular, I love the music for Amateur 7, as well as the following level, Amateur 8 (Very nice How Much is That Doggie in the Window? remix! :thumbsup:), Amateur 9 (especially the beginning which sounds almost like something from Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker Suite, specifically The Flower Waltz), and Amateur 13. Nice job with these! :thumbsup: The rest of the tracks I was either partial to or wasn't a fan of. I would probably love both The Can Can and She'll Be Coming Round the Mountain tracks if they weren't as loud.

After I finished the Amateur rank last night, I headed over to the LWT New Formats topic to read the posts on the Noisemaker and Amateur ranks. Apparently I echoed a lot of Icho's feedback for the Noisemaker rank here for Old Formats, so you're going to see me echoing a lot of Icho's feedback for the Amateur rank as well.

In contrast to the Noisemaker rank, the tutorial style levels in the Amateur rank were more enjoyable and weren't nearly as difficult, and the difficulty isn't all over the place. At least after the first 2 levels of Amateur, which I felt were difficult in their own way, although the former not as much as the latter. For Amateur 1 - It's a Long Way to the top, it is a bit difficult to see that 4 stackers is sufficient to get over the first wall. Even if it's difficult visually, I guess it's very easy to deduce that stackers must be used for that, based on the skillset, since 2 builders is obviously nowhere near enough to get over the first wall. Then again, it's always difficult to tell how many stackers are needed to get over any wall, especially since most of us are used to using builders to get over walls.

For Amateur 2 - Timber (It's going down!), the only difficult part is the leftmost entrance. It's not easy to figure out how to delay the lemmings long enough for a worker lemming to mine the tree obstacle before anyone turns back and drowns. The other two entrances are very easy to figure out. Then again, this is also the very first time I have played a level in your Autumn tileset, which means I need to get used to recognizing the objects but most importantly the trap, which blends in very well with the other leaves, although I correctly suspected the bottom one on the left since it really stand out, even if the top trap took me by complete surprise, since I have never played this tileset ever.

After the first two levels, then I say we had a long stretch of fairly easy levels. Amateur 3 - Walking on sunshine will likely look impossible at first glance for most, but then I looked at the number of lemmings in the level, and with two hatches, that means 5 out of each, hence the 5 swimmers. Also, since you later teach that the water breaks falls with Amateur 12 in the pre-text, I'm wondering if these levels should switch positions. The only problem here is that this would break the already neatly placed levels according to movement of skills for the first three levels (up, down, and horizontal), so unless your intention is for the player to figure out that water always breaks falls, I would say this can be a huge step up in difficulty for the less experienced players. Luckily, if the player manages to figure that out, the rest is easy.

Amateur 8 - Who let the dogs out? is quite a difficult level and I would even say is a huge step up in difficulty compared to the previous levels of the rank. It's not easy to figure out how to navigate the terrain and around the dog traps with the extremely restricted skillset. Truthfully, the missing disarmer was the very first thing I noticed in the level, so naturally I scanned the level to find the disarmer pickup. Surprisingly, I couldn't spot it myself, so at first I thought you were trolling and made an error for the level. I did suspect that it was the mound next to the last dog before the exit, but I wasn't certain. It should be obvious to you that I resisted turning on CPM, and I played the entire level without the aid of it. Indeed, the "boing" pickup sound took me a bit by surprise after I passed the mound I suspected where the pickup was. I then rewinded a bit and took another quick look, and I finally did see the disarmer icon in the mound. Quite well-hidden, if I do say so myself.

As for the level, I got to say that it definitely shouldn't be a surprise that indeed there are hidden traps in the dogs, particularly since the pre-text somewhat hints at it. It's also as you say, your animals are hungry for lemmings. I got to say, though, that you did a great job of depicting dog poop at the barrel, and when the trap went off, my reaction was, "Eww, the dog pooped on the lemming and killed it!" There is also some kind of trap that sucks lemmings upwards in the first and last dogs that I encountered in my solution when you get to its mouth. I got to ask, what kind of trap is it that's sucking the lemmings upwards? Especially since the lemming immediately gets sucked up once it steps on the trigger area. Obviously, it's to give the impression that the dog ate the lemming, so I thought that was fun to see. Above all, great looking level! ;)

I say Amateur 13 - Ayo Technology is a pretty difficult radiation level (Old Formats version). Added: This is the very first level in the pack that needed to be changed because of how the radiation object doesn't exist in New Formats, hence all the bomber pickups.

It's definitely not easy to work out how to manuever the lemmings with the radiation coundown to get them to explode in the places that will get the crowds from either side up to the exit. The save requirement might seem very lenient, but even with the cloners it's pretty tight. Nice looking level though, with the depiction of the atom and referencing lemmings being blown into atoms with the radiation.

Amateur 15 - Ring, ring! can also be difficult, but I say more tricky than difficult. The solution I came up with building into terrain to turn around at the end to bash the OWWs seems to be the more difficult alternative. I read your spoiler list on what you intended on this level after I had saved the rank, and indeed having looked at the level again, I say destructive skills going against the OWW is the much easier option here. Once again, nice looking level depicting a telephone with the number keys.

Amateur 16 - Slide it in can also be difficult as well, especially with figuring out how to get the floaters home since they take a little longer to open up their parachute compared to gliders. I might had overcomplicated the solution tremendously though. Indeed, I just tried it again and saw that there are much easier ways to solve it than the way I did. This was what gave me a lot of problems on Hasty 6 of Lemmicks, and I mentioned that was the hardest level of the rank.

I think Amateur 17 - Float is also another difficult one, especially with figuring out how to get past the flower trap and how to bridge the gap before anyone else arrives and falls into the bottomless pit. I didn't use the stoner, so I wonder what the purpose of it is. Probably means I also backrouted the level, but I'm not sure.

Amateur 18 - Tears in Heaven is yet another difficult level and I would also say is a huge step up in difficulty to the previous difficult ones I just mentioned. The right crowd is easy, but the left crowd is quite difficult. It took me quite a while to figure out how to get all of the left crowd to the miner tunnel on the right side.

Amateur 23 - Fields of gold is a difficult level in figuring out how to navigate the honeycomb and getting the right crowd up to where the left crowd can get up. My solution is probably quite fiddly and there are probably much easier ways.

Amateur 24 - Wonderwall Not necessarily difficult, just tricky, in regards to getting the basher/blocker trick to work at the very beginning, but I was already aware of this trick and so this level wasn't as hard. Definitely for less experienced players it will be a very hard level. The one thing I didn't know about was

Amateur 26 - Like ice in the sunshine Nice slowfreeze (Old Formats version) puzzle that gave me a good struggle for about 10 minutes, so it can be difficult and is somewhat a big step up in difficulty, even with the very restricted skillset. Definitely getting the crowd down safely is hard, and also figuring out how to stop them from walking into the trap.

Added: Another level that changed due to slowfreeze not being present in New Formats, thus the reason why there are stoner pickups, but it's pretty much the same since they're at the same location where the former object is located in Old Formats.

Finally, Amateur 28 - Zombie is quite a difficult level to finish off the tutorial-like puzzles. Once again, compression for the win here and releasing the crowd at the right time to avoid infection. Before that, I kept trying to actually get rid of the zombie by making him drown, but I wasn't able to.

The other ones I didn't mention in the first 28 levels weren't as difficult and were enjoyable and more to my liking. In particular, I absolutely loved Amateur 5 - Sugar Baby Lem (easy level and nice looking level), Amateur 6 - Cliffs of Dover (nice puzzle and how there's two solutions, my solution spares all the climbers), Amateur 7 - Join me in death (I still enjoyed this one despite the stoner staircase and repeated bombing/stoning, at least it wasn't to the extreme and done to death like it was in Paralems), Amateur 9 - Greensleeves (nice, easy puzzle!), and Amateur 11 - Whole lotta Lems (very nice puzzle, although I initially tried to get all lemmings through the pillar for a few minutes until I realized I was going about it the wrong way and that the several climbers provided had a purpose, and the miner placement and timing can be a bit difficult).

My favorite level of the rank in the first batch of 28 levels was Amateur 19 - Holding out for a hero. Decent looking level and also a very nice, easy puzzle on top of it! :thumbsup:

I also really loved Amateur 25 - Radioactive. Very nice and easy radiation (Old Formats) puzzle! :thumbsup:

Added: Again, due to being a level featuring radiation in Old Formats, there is a bomber pickup in the New Formats version of the level instead.

Lastly, for Amateur 24 - Firework,

Ok, that took longer and I wrote a lot more than I thought I would, but at least the boring tutorial-like levels are done and over with. Now finally onto the open-ended puzzles and the more exciting stuff. The remaining feedback will be on the final 12 levels of the Amateur rank, starting with Amateur 29.

Feedback on the Last 12 Levels of the Amateur Rank, Starting with Amateur 29

The rest of the rank lived up to my expectations of very exciting and well-done puzzles, and so luckily you managed to get my engagement level back up, and so I will definitely be playing out the rest of the pack with joy, unless I start getting annoyed with future puzzles that have stumped me, but I highly doubt it, since so far it's been looking really good ;P It's going to take a while, since I still have 240 levels to go, but I'll get through the whole pack eventually. In the final set of 12 levels of the rank, the hardest level for me was certainly Amateur 37. I still loved the level and solution, though! ;)

For the Amateur rank, I recognized 10 of the songs by title

Overall, the Amateur rank was a huge improvement compared to the Noisemaker rank. It was still somewhat boring, but nowhere near as much, and the difficulty doesn't jump all over the place like it did in the Noisemaker rank. The Amateur rank definitely lived up to its promise of superb looking levels and well-made puzzles after the first 28 tutorial-like style levels. Indeed, I praised almost all of the final 12 open-ended puzzle levels of the rank, so that's certainly saying something. So, it's thanks to those levels (and some of the ones in the first 28 to an extent) that managed to get me engaged and hyped up about the pack again. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the rest of the pack and finishing up the whole thing! ;)

I think from here on out, I'm going to post with my replays and feedback when I get to the halfway point, ie, after 20 levels. As I said before, 40 levels is just way too much to write feedback on all at once. 20 levels at a time should be much more manageable in terms of how much time I waste writing my feedback. Indeed, that's exactly what I did with United, although I sent replays to Icho whenever I got truly stumped, not necessarily at the halfway point, although I did that too!

Onward to the Professional rank! :)

Well, I'm halfway through the Professional rank, so I'm back again already with more replays and feedback. Here are my replays up through Professional 20, as well as feedback for Professional 1 through Professional 20. Well, I must say that I continue to be impressed by the high artistic quality of your levels and puzzles that were definitely promised during my playthrough of the Professional rank so far, after finally getting past the boring stuff from the Noisemaker rank and the little over the first half of the Amateur rank ;) I'm probably now going a little way too fast for your liking, especially since I have seem to pick up significant speed, so perhaps I should slow down my playing of LWT a bit so as not to torture you with so much work fixing up levels for LWT as well in addition to LOA.

Professional rank finished. Attached are my replays up through Professional 40, as well as my feedback for Professional 21 through Professional 40. The puzzles continue to be excellent, and more high praise incoming! :thumbsup:

Halfway through the Diva rank, so time for more replays and feedback. Replays up to Diva 20. Wow, excellent levels as usual, but the Diva levels are considerably more difficult than the ones in the previous Professional rank. The hardest one by far before the halfway point of the Diva rank was definitely Diva 19. That one stumped me real good for about an hour.

Diva rank completed and thus halfway (160/320 levels solved) through with the pack already. Here are my replays up through Diva 40 and feedback. In contrast to the first half, I felt the second half of the Diva rank was overall much easier.

Needless to say, the difficulty has ramped up considerably from the Professional rank. The levels started getting really difficult as I got closer to the halfway point, and there were certainly some tough ones in the first 10 as well, although not as much. Well, let's see how the second half of the Diva rank goes.

Onto the Rockstar rank! ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2021, 07:14:57 AM »
Sorry for posting again, but apparently a limit to forum post lengths does exist! :XD: So, this post will continue where the previous post got cut off. Also, for my entire replay collection for New Formats, see the previous post :)

Rockstar Rank Feedback

Rockstar rank half completed. Here are my replays up through Rockstar 20 and my feedback. Lots of really good levels in this batch despite the difficulty being somewhat high or about the same as the Diva rank! :thumbsup:

Rockstar rank completed and thus 200/320 levels in the pack solved! :) Replays up through Rockstar 40 are attached, and more feedback. As usual, I really loved a lot of these levels and puzzles! Definitely feeling the difficulty rising faster than I thought it would and hence my progress through the pack slowing down but in a good way, since the levels are still quite manageable and doable, and the pack continues to be quite enjoyable and not too frustrating ;)

Onto the Legend rank!

Legend Rank Feedback

20 more levels completed, and thus the Legend rank is half solved. Replays up through Legend 20 attached, and of course my feedback. Starting to get very difficult here, but still a bunch of great levels in this batch! ;)

All rightie, 20 more levels solved and thus the entire Legend rank is completed. My replays up through Legend 40 are attached, and as usual my feedback.

With 6 ranks completed, you now have confirmation from me that none of the 240 levels I have solved broke and that they're all still solvable (from Old Formats post).

I know I said a few weeks ago that I was going to wait until you released an update for the Encore and Groupie ranks, but going by what you mentioned in the New Formats topic for LWT of there being no backrotues except the level Twilems, which you might possibly change, I went ahead and completed the Encore rank. My replays up through Encore 40 are attached.

Yup, they were all too easy, considering they're just levels taken from Lemmicks, Paralems, and Pit Lems, all of which I have played, the latter two I completed very recently, while Lemmicks was several months ago. Even with 40 levels in the rank, it took me about an hour and a half to solve the entire rank. Also, I solved all of them from scratch again, rather than waste my time and hunt down a working replay for the level, since my replays are saved in the format of rank and level number, not by level title. The Lemmicks levels were obvious, while others I couldn't remember if the level came from Paralems or Pit Lems. Some of them I knew which pack it came from, but not all. Seems like for those levels that have repeats, that only the originals were picked for the rank, not the harder repeat. I guess it's coincidence that the original happened to be a song title while the repeat version isn't. For the Lemmicks levels, despite the solutions being new due to the gimmick they originally relied on absent, they were still very easy, possibly way easier now than in said pack they originated from.

Regarding any potential fixes for the Encore rank, I haven't seen Icho's replay for Twilems, so I don't know if you might change the level based on my replay for it as well. The only other concerning level in the rank, at least from what it looks like to me, would be Encore 17 - Lem to the slaughter. I'm quite certain that is a severe backroute, and I don't think I solved it this way when I first played the level in the pack it comes from, which I believe is Lemmicks? I'm sure it involves getting the swimmer hatch to rescue the other hatch rather than the way I severely shortcutted and cheesed the level here.

With the Encore rank completed, that just leaves the final Groupie rank to do.

Groupie Rank Feedback

Halfway through the Groupie rank, so you know what that means: More replays and feedback! Here are all my replays up through Groupie 20. Also, 300 levels officially solved. Wow! :lem-mindblown:

In contrast to the Encore rank, which I breezed through in just 1.5 hours, it has been much slower going in the Groupie rank. The difficulty's definitely picked up again. Not necessarily a bad thing with me. Still a lot of good levels I have played so far in this batch. I'm looking forward to the levels in the second half and seeing how many more designs of others I can recognize.

To be honest, I got way more of other authors' level designs than I thought I would, and so I'm actually having a lot of fun guessing whose level it's designed after. I seriously thought I wouldn't get many right, especially since it's been a long time since I played many of the packs by authors other than Icho and namida and, of course, you. Then again, it's only been about a year since I played those packs by other authors, so I guess it make sense that I'm able to recognize some of the designs despite having not seen any or remember any of their levels by design for quite a long time. By my count, I got about 11/12 of them out of the 20 I have played. That's not too bad, actually! :P

And, the Groupie rank is done and I thus have solved all of the LWT pack for Old Formats! :thumbsup: Icho may be the first to finish the New Formats version of LWT, but I'm officially the first to have all of LWT Old Formats solved. So, here is my entire replay collection for LWT Old Formats, all 320 replays. IMO, the second half of Groupie wasn't that much harder, but the final level of the pack was definitely the hardest, although certainly not the hardest level I have ever played. Not by a longshot. I also was far less successful with guessing the designer styles for the second half of Groupie.

All rightie, onto the feedback for Groupie 21-40.

Added: Regarding the designer guesses, best to watch my LP, as well as the solutions, since I'm thinking a lot of them will be different from what I described in the spoiler ;P

20 levels left in this gargantuan pack! Almost at the finish line :)

Overall, an excellent pack that I would definitely recommend despite the very large size of the pack. Even better if you're musically inclined, since you'll likely be able to understand the level title references to the songs. Though, it seems that not many people are fans of radiation/slowfreeze (Old Formats version), and if that's the case, I say they shouldn't bother with the Old Formats version and just play the New Formats version instead. As you know, I don't mind the culled radiation/slowfreeze, so I was willing to play through the Old Formats version. I wasn't playing it just to be the first person to complete the Old Formats version. Even then, there aren't that many of these levels in the pack itself, so there's still a lot of just standard puzzle levels that players can enjoy if they don't want to bother playing the radiation/slowfreeze levels. And who knows. When I do the New Formats version, I'll probably end up LPing it (done now! :)). It'll take an extremely long time, though, and from what I remember it's definitely very slow going at first with the first two ranks, especially since the levels in them are not your tutorials at all, and some are difficult. Of course, I'll let you know when I have started it and provide you the link ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2021, 09:30:51 PM »
Haha, I wasn't sure whether you would actually go ahead and post all the feedback again here. :thumbsup: At this point it's mainly for the sake of completion and consistency between the Old Formats and New Formats LWT Threat. After all, I already updated some of the levels in the meantime since you first played them in Old Formats. I'll focus specifically on the levels that differ from Old Formats due to culled features. But first, I need to finish watching the LP itself. ;)
My packs so far:

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2021, 10:04:28 PM »
Congrats Kaywhyn on finishing the LP

Also, here are my solutions to the Encore rank, just incase you didn't have enough replays to catch up on Strato :P

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2021, 11:41:09 PM »
Haha, I wasn't sure whether you would actually go ahead and post all the feedback again here. :thumbsup: At this point it's mainly for the sake of completion and consistency between the Old Formats and New Formats LWT Threat. After all, I already updated some of the levels in the meantime since you first played them in Old Formats. I'll focus specifically on the levels that differ from Old Formats due to culled features. But first, I need to finish watching the LP itself. ;)

Yes, I was serious about reposting my feedback, in particular copying/pasting the feedback from the Old Formats LWT thread, as there's no way I'm rewriting everything from scratch for nearly all 320 levels :P Here's another part of a post that couldn't fit in my second post above that I'll copy/paste from a Word document I kept open last night.

Start of missing part of post:

Again, I don't mind doing double duty of both a LP and posting feedback in the level pack topic despite it being more work than is necessary :P Once again, thanks so much for converting the pack to New Formats, Strato! :thumbsup: I enjoyed it very much, just like the Old Formats version, though I do agree the levels formerly featuring radiation/slowfreeze kind of have dull solutions in New Formats. I really do miss them, but well, if I want to play levels with those objects there's always Old Formats and very Old Formats :laugh:

End

It's also just for bookkeeping and for things to be in multiple places so that there's more than one way to access the feedback/information ;) After all, I do have plans to eventually post feedback to every level pack I've played. There's still the various Old Formats packs I need to post my replays/feedback for, which I've been meaning to do for a while now but haven't gotten around to doing so yet :laugh: Though, in this case, it's really just for historical reasons, as the replays will likely not be of interest for anyone other than the author of the pack due to pretty much everyone having transitioned to New Formats. Of course, there might still be someone out there making content for Old Formats, but as that hasn't been seen in a while, I think it's safe to say it's all New Formats now.

Congrats Kaywhyn on finishing the LP

Thanks, Apjjm! :thumbsup: My congrats to you for completing the Encore rank as well. I knew you get through it in no time. Good luck with the final rank, Groupie. Very close to the end now :)

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2022, 06:15:18 PM »
Finished the final rank & managed to complete The Grand Puzzle with a :tal-gold: solution :thumbsup:.
I have attached solutions to this last rank & the full collection of solutions grouped together.

Overall this has been a great pack to play through over the past couple of months, with plenty of quality levels. That all the levels all tie into the song-title gives the pack a great theme and a distinct feel from the perspective of somebody playing it. My only real criticism of some levels is that a few have too many repeated assignments in them.

Regarding difficulty, I found the pack to be Medium-Hard. Some of the later levels are really tough - and some of the earlier ranks have a few difficulty spikes in them too.

Thanks for making a really enjoyable pack Strato :thumbsup: - I am looking forward to playing Open Air in the future!

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2022, 07:34:07 PM »
Finished the final rank & managed to complete The Grand Puzzle with a :tal-gold: solution :thumbsup:.

Congratulations Apjjm for solving all of LWT! :thumbsup: It's been a great joy following along in your journey and reading your feedback, a lot of which I'm in complete agreement with ;)

Regarding difficulty, I found the pack to be Medium-Hard. Some of the later levels are really tough - and some of the earlier ranks have a few difficulty spikes in them too.

While it is true that some levels are higher than medium in difficulty, taken across the entire pack the difficulty averages out to be around medium, which I think is what Strato went by, which I feel is quite accurate. On the other hand...

Thanks for making a really enjoyable pack Strato :thumbsup: - I am looking forward to playing Open Air in the future!

Medium-Hard is very accurate here for LOA, as the pack is, on average, much harder than any of Strato's earlier packs. There are way more levels that are above medium in difficulty here and hence taken across the entire pack the difficulty is Medium-Hard. However, don't let that discourage and intimidate you. I will definitely look forward to you solving this pack. As one of the people who pre-tested the pack, I can't recommend this pack enough. I could go on and on praising this pack so much :) One of the best packs I've played from Strato.

I've also did a bit of public pre-testing for Lemmings: Hall of Fame, though that's from the current incomplete state of the pack, as there's still the second half that needs to be made. While the demo currently has a lot of levels in a very backroutable state, it is still shaping up to be harder than LOA in my experiences. It's another musically themed pack, though Lemmings 2 themed.   

Offline Crane

• View Profile
After watching IchoTolot complete "Mary had a little lem", I knew I could do better than that, so here are a triad of my own solutions that might have room for improvement.
  • Saved 1 extra lemming using just 2 Builders and no Platformers (no limit on other tools - could make it just 1 Builder if the second lemming from the right trapdoor Stones at the start so the Disarmer has some distance)
  • Saved 2 extra lemmings
  • Saved 1 extra lemming using just 1 Stoner (no limit on other tools)

Offline beuker1989

• View Profile
I have a quation

i want to play this but  NXP convert gets a error.
how to play this without the NXP convert.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I have a quation

i want to play this but  NXP convert gets a error.
how to play this without the NXP convert.

There is no need for the nxp converter here.

Just put the pack's level files folder into the "levels" folder of NeoLemmix and you should be good to go.