Author Topic: Lemmings World Tour Remastered [New-Formats Version]  (Read 8874 times)

Offline Strato Incendus

• He who usually only makes it up to rank two
  • #Team SliderFor20thNeoLemmixSkill
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings World Tour Remastered [New-Formats Version]
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2020, 11:48:56 am »
Well, that was quick! ;) Thanks again for your persistence, IchoTolot!

IchoTolot's solutions (click to show/hide)

Maybe with the next update I can finally also fix something about the Encore and Groupie ranks.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Strato Incendus

• He who usually only makes it up to rank two
  • #Team SliderFor20thNeoLemmixSkill
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2020, 05:31:52 pm »
Okay, here's a quick assessment of IchoTolot's solutions for the final two ranks:

For Encore
, as I was hoping for (but not really expecting, so this was still a pleasant surprise), there were pretty much no backroutes. This is most likely because the levels are taken from older packs, i.e. they have been out for ages, and any one of them that contained backroutes was broken and consequently fixed long ago. The only exception is maybe the level "Twilems", where IchoTolot managed to solve the level in a pretty straightforward way using Platformers, instead of the slightly more obscure intended solution. Maybe I can enforce this... maybe I can't.

Groupie, on the other hand, of course had many more backroutes, because IchoTolot was probably the first one to play the entire rank. Most other people, at least that's how it seemed to me, mainly focused on finding out which level had been dedicated to them, and then they "left". ;) Or, if they did play the entire rank in an effort to find out which levels were theirs, they didn't upload their replays except for those select few which they considered potentially dedicated to them.

Thus, there were quite a few Groupie levels that managed to completely enforce their intended tricks...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...some that didn't enforce the intended signature trick, but still featured nice alternative solutions...
...and some which utterly failed to enforce their intended tricks.

"Killed by death" is the easiest fix of them all, because it had the most glaring backroute - glaring backroutes are usually easier to fix than complex alternative solutions.

IchoTolot's solution for "Kiwi nights in white satin" blew me away with some completely new trick I wasn't aware of at all :lem-mindblown: .

My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline IchoTolot

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2020, 05:54:37 pm »
IchoTolot's solution for "Kiwi nights in white satin" blew me away with some completely new trick I wasn't aware of at all :lem-mindblown: .

Well, if I would have digged a pixel more to the left the digger would keep on going. But in this case he only had one pixel left and will therefore stop - and digging down comes before the "can I continue check". The steel is irrelevant here.

You can see this by simply digging down in such a way that a digger stops by only having 1 pixel left to dig on the sides (no steel needed!): He always still digs down the first instance of "1 pixel left" and stops AFTER that.

Be aware even without this dent trick I can backroue this with the "a bit more to the left" way as I have a leftover stacker to cancel the digger.

Moving the steel block a bit down (1 pixel would be enough here) would block any dents as then he stops before that will happen as the steel then is indeed relevant and gives the digger nothing to dig.