Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Casualemmings  (Read 21223 times)

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Casualemmings
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2017, 06:49:04 PM »
I finished this level pack.

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2017, 12:03:34 AM »
Version 1.2 is out!
Features backroute fixes, some level rearrangement, some changes to certain levels to make them suck less, and a new 5th rank with 10 more levels to play! Check the first post in the thread for the new downloads.

Offline nin10doadict

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2017, 11:39:48 PM »
Apologies, but further testing revealed that I was far too generous with the time limit on one of the new levels. Version 1.21 drastically reduces said time limit. Check the first post, as usual.

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2017, 12:09:41 PM »
Any special hints on which levels had major fixes? I effectively played this pack twice already, so I started your new version by just letting my replays play... but that of course ended when I reached the first level with a new rank position (even though I had already solved those levels, but now I needed to do it manually again). Since automatic replays are saved by level number and rank name rather than level name (like in the editor), it's hard to find where the fitting replay is hiding once the positions have been changed.

With regard to the new levels: Are you sure these improve the overall quality of the pack? ;) Especially with regard to the infinite skill levels, I usually felt fine with figuring out on a theoretical level what I had to do, but never felt the urge to actually do it. This is the same thing I said about the 50 stoners sewer crocodile level, and also the reason why I didn't play SQron's "Ten story stories and tall tales": The execution gets so repetitive that it just becomes annoying, because nothing new is added.

There are exceptions to this, of course.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Though I must admit I had a similar idea a while back: A small pack of impossible levels. In this case, the task wouldn't be to try and solve them, but rather to find out the exact reason WHY each of them is impossible. In other words: What's the lowest number of additional skills (and what type) you'd need to do these? Would just one miner be enough? Or rather two builders?

That's probably more fun as a forum game, showing just an image of the level and telling the skills (which factors out things like release rate and relative distance between the lemmings, though). As an actual pack, it might just be too frustrating.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline nin10doadict

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2017, 01:41:14 AM »
Son, if you're expecting a rank called "troll" to be fun and enjoyable to play, you're missing the point entirely. I put those levels in for the express purpose of causing suffering. They aren't intended to be good, they're meant to showcase how creative I am when it comes to being an inconsiderate jerk, and perhaps to show some things to avoid if you're trying to make levels that are actually good. Do they deserve to be in the pack? Heck no. But they're there now.

The saddest part is that at least a couple of the levels are just corrupted versions of decent ideas; I just made versions of them that eliminate the repetitive troll garbage by cutting down the total number of Lemmings and they're actually good levels now.

As for which levels have significantly changed, I don't really remember. A bunch got backroute fixes that were relatively minor, some were bigger than others, and a few levels like "Sewage shaft" got seriously reworked.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 02:16:24 AM by nin10doadict »

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2018, 03:20:10 AM »
I finished these levels.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2020, 01:24:56 PM »
Are these available in new format? I'd like to give this pack a try.

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2020, 09:09:43 AM »
No, they are not - just like several other great packs (SubLems, Lemmings Stampede etc.). Keeping a stable version of 10.13 around is helpful for these purposes, though.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2020, 11:00:59 PM »
Is Perky 20 even possible? The best I've managed is 21 saved, which is short of the 25 save requirement.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2022, 09:48:39 PM »
Completed the Old Formats NL version of Casualemmings shortly after finishing Casualemmings 2.0 for New Formats. My replays are attached. Here, except for the tutorial levels of the Calm rank, I will only comment on the levels that are found only in Old Formats, as everything else has been converted to New Formats and I've already given my feedback there in the level pack topic. Perky 20 was, by far, the level I got stuck on the longest, for several months. Turns out I went about the level incorrectly for a very long time.

Also, link to the playlist of my video solutions: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbp2m4KlFpJt_lUd05IO3MDtU9OUW1m21. Enjoy! :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0