Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] GigaLems official release topic  (Read 32135 times)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: GigaLems official release topic
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 10:23:57 AM »
Here are replays for all of GigaLems. I am aware that some solutions are overly complicated, but I tried to save as many lemmings as possible.

I will gladly give more detailed feedback (though likely only after easter), but here are at least some comments right now:
- My favourites are Scalding 12 and Scorching 13. These were amazing levels :thumbsup:.
- Perhaps you want to check the trigger areas for the traps in Warm 7?
- Hot 3:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
- Scalding 30 seems missing.
- Some of the hidden traps are expected, but some are quite annoying, especially...

And thanks for the hint for Boiling 3.

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 02:46:53 PM »
Here are replays for all of GigaLems. I am aware that some solutions are overly complicated, but I tried to save as many lemmings as possible.

I will gladly give more detailed feedback (though likely only after easter), but here are at least some comments right now:
- My favourites are Scalding 12 and Scorching 13. These were amazing levels :thumbsup:.
- Perhaps you want to check the trigger areas for the traps in Warm 7?
- Hot 3:
- Scalding 30 seems missing.
- Some of the hidden traps are expected, but some are quite annoying, especially...

And thanks for the hint for Boiling 3.
Found the missing level its Scalding 16

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2015, 02:43:18 AM »
So, so far I'm up to Boiling 21 (haven't looked at it yet), and while there are a few levels I didn't like too much, for the most part these levels are very good - definitely living up to expectations! :D Well done!

I also like that a lot of the Boiling levels are 100%able. This really gives an extra Lemmings-y feel. :D
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2015, 08:20:28 AM »
Finished all of the first four ranks now. Definitely impressed! :D So far, my favorite level is definitely Scalding 23. (Videos for Scalding 11 onwards are currently still uploading, if you were wondering where they are. They'll be up soon.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2015, 03:55:56 PM »
So, I'm up to Scorching 13. This one has me completely stumped so far. I've literally got over an hour's worth of footage of me trying various things, and no solution yet that'd save more than 5%. Looking forward to finally cracking this one. :D (No hints please, yet.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2015, 05:56:15 AM »
while im working on GigaLems 1.5
what is you favorite level? both design wise and Solution wise

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2015, 06:34:08 AM »
In terms of gameplay, my favorite out of the ones I've completed is Scalding 23. Scorching 13 is showing a lot of promise, but I still haven't beaten it yet so can't say for sure.

EDIT: At this point, I'd say Scalding 23 is still my favorite, with Scorching 13 as a close second.
(Just to be clear, I'm referring to the fixed version here, so by Scalding 23 I mean "Bye Bye Baby Balloon")

Appearance-wise, it's a bit harder to pick. I might have to get back to you on that one.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:53:33 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2015, 06:45:41 PM »
"Wascowy Wemmings" best title ever. :D
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 11:47:06 AM »
Just finished GigaLems, here are my solutions! And Giga, I can see it if you haven't downloaded them. ;) Though I'm not sure if you were aiming to fix levels at all after the initial release in any case.

The pack ended up being a positive surprise. I played your Giga packs and Lemmings Platinum packs and I see that your level designing has obviously improved remarkably from those. I was delighted to see some design details that I hadn't seen anywhere else yet, and in general I see that there was some effort put on the looks of the levels. Difficulty curve was Lemmings1-like, but I didn't find too much difference between the last two ratings. Music was great, I felt so pumped up for the levels that had special tunes! :thumbsup: It was an enjoyment to play those. The ending with Final Dreadnought series was definitely a memorable experience, for example!

Scorching13: "It's not time for flying toast" was the best level in my opinion, every skill had to be placed cleverly, and you needed some strategies for crowd control.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 11:27:40 PM »
Just finished GigaLems, here are my solutions! And Giga, I can see it if you haven't downloaded them. ;) Though I'm not sure if you were aiming to fix levels at all after the initial release in any case.

The pack ended up being a positive surprise. I played your Giga packs and Lemmings Platinum packs and I see that your level designing has obviously improved remarkably from those. I was delighted to see some design details that I hadn't seen anywhere else yet, and in general I see that there was some effort put on the looks of the levels. Difficulty curve was Lemmings1-like, but I didn't find too much difference between the last two ratings. Music was great, I felt so pumped up for the levels that had special tunes! :thumbsup: It was an enjoyment to play those. The ending with Final Dreadnought series was definitely a memorable experience, for example!

Scorching13: "It's not time for flying toast" was the best level in my opinion, every skill had to be placed cleverly, and you needed some strategies for crowd control.

i do plan to patch GigaLems
Add pieces to prevent backroutes
replace some levels if a can't fix it
and with that said i'll pull starting development of GigaLems 2 to mid may
anyways with that said Back to GigaLems 1.5

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2016, 05:38:23 AM »
Just want to point out - the music pack link has been broken for quite some time now.

Also, I have removed the GigaLems EXE from the NeoLemmix.com server, and uploaded an NXP instead. It should fall on GigaLem to do this, but because this pack is very old, updating it to work with the latest versions required more work than just rebuilding with the latest version of Flexi Toolkit. I have sent GigaLem the up-to-date format source files.
The NXP can be downloaded here: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/levelpacks/GigaLems.nxp
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2016, 08:42:19 AM »
Update
This took me longer than needed, Music pack re-uploaded, Link updated

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] GigaLems official release topic
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2020, 03:13:57 AM »
ok I downloaded this pack since Namida had the Solutions on Youtube. Although this pack works with 1.43, I don't think it's using the Gigalems_music.dat as it's playing the standard Amiga music
instead of the Music that plays in Namida's Youtube Solutions. Also it says something about this pack not being updated for 1.43 so the music may not work. Maybe this pack is supposed to be used with
even an older neolemmix player than 1.43. Although the levels play, no problems with the styles since most use the standard ones. I think only a few levels used non-standard ones. But they played
fine( ie Namida's Purple one). But I don't know which player version it is supposed to use. Also the NL website doesn't have any listed older than 1.43.

Anyways alot of the solutions that were posted by Akseli and Nepster were broken. So I fixed them by watching Namida's Youtube solutions. Only solution that was different that I used than Namida's was Scorching 28 The Final Dreadnought 3. That solution I tried to use but was hard to execute so I used a different one(using the basher at the very top terrain-much easier to execute,
also I used the blocker that was given-Although Namida saved 1 over the requirement where mine was just the requirement. Plus I feel maybe mine was more the intended one-but not sure.

also not sure why Akseli's and Nepster's posted replays were broken, maybe the pack was updated after those posted ones.

Anyways I have the fixed solutions now here

Offline kokopelli

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2020, 02:13:53 PM »
Hello

I tried to convert the nxp file with NXPConvert for the newer version 12. This did not work :(

Is there any chance that you will release Gigalems for the new Lemmix player?

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2020, 11:06:16 AM »
The NXP-Converter pretty certainly won't work, indeed.

You might be able to do a step-by-step conversion manually. If I want to convert one of my Lemmicks levels to the newest version of New Formats, I have to open the level in the latest Old-Formats editor (10.13) first, save it, then open that file in an early editor of New Formats (e.g. 12.6.5), save that one, then open the New-Formats file in the newest editor (12.9). Doesn't sound like much fun though to do that manually for every single level. ;)

Also, I remember playing GigaLems in version 1.43 - which, among others, had no clear-physics mode - so any instance of a hidden trap or exit caused real, actual trouble. And if I get annoyed by those things, that means something, since I have quite a bit of tolerance for them. :evil: When GigaLem was a guest on Arty's LP of SEB Lems, he even mentioned himself that he made IchoTolot ragequit with this pack. As far as I understood his comments in that LP video, he has moved on from hidden objects and is now quite a strong opponent of them. (Arty argued in the LP that the existence of clear-physics mode makes them more tolerable now than back in 1.43, but GigaLem said you shouldn't have to use CPM in the first place, which is a position a lot of NeoLemmix players share.)

Thus, I assume GigaLem's view on this early pack of his is a similar to the one I have on my own first pack (Paralems) - which I'm not planning to convert either, except for a few select levels.

In short, I wouldn't hold my breath for this pack being converted ;) . Even though I did enjoy some of the puzzles very much and would be happy to see them brought back in a New-Formats pack. Maybe as an additional rank (like the MegSEBytes rank in SEB Lems), or as a selection, like in Lemmings Redux.

@GigaLem: I hope I did not misunderstand and consequently misrepresent your position here, so please correct me if I got anything wrong. ;)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels