Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] GigaLems official release topic  (Read 32074 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
[NeoLemmix] GigaLems official release topic
« on: March 29, 2015, 07:51:38 PM »
At last it is done with the things i need inserted
i present to you
GigaLems
5 Ratings
Warm, Hot, Boiling, Scalding, & Scorching
150 levels in total
A big thanks to Namida for guiding me on certain points of development
and providing the the Genesis .oggs
To Save on space the exe does include a Music pack.dat file i recommend using that because there is special levels the comes with there own themes
it also includes the Genesis and Dos(ohno) sound tracks
So heres the pack
http://www.neolemmix.com/old/levelpacks/GigaLems.nxp
And the music pack for it
http://www.mediafire.com/download/25q720bna5i4get/GigaLems_Music.dat
So i hope you guys enjoy the pack
and if you have trouble on Boiling 3...The exit you'll go for is in the terrain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: GigaLems official release topic
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 08:32:26 PM »
Awesome! :D I'll check this out later tonight for sure.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 08:40:22 PM »
Cool!

I've just tried your .exe, and I encountered an error.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 08:43:01 PM »
I just tried both with and without the music pack, from the download link (not an already-local copy) and it works fine.

Just to check your download wasn't corrupted, is the file size of the EXE 3,596,800 bytes, and the music pack (if you're using it) 59,542,378 bytes?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 08:48:02 PM »
Downloaded it, works in wine as expected. :-)

sha1sum GigaLems.exe
9724e123a98e7b117bfabb66ce20d308026e0d0f  GigaLems.exe

-- Simon

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 08:49:21 PM »
edit: nevermind. the game plays well now (I had a corrupted .dat file)

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 08:51:58 PM »

sha1sum GigaLems.exe

-- Simon
The heck?
also sorry if you guys are having problems this is my first time releasing a huge level pack

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 08:59:29 PM »

sha1sum GigaLems.exe

-- Simon
The heck?
also sorry if you guys are having problems this is my first time releasing a huge level pack

Don't worry about his post, it's pretty technical stuff.

Anyway, just in case the DropBox upload went bad (I should've thought of this before), I tried downloading from the link instead of just copying from my DropBox folder, but it still seems to work fine even actually re-downloading it from there. Perhaps retry the download? (although as mentioned, the DAT file is optional but just gives you better quality musics, as well as special musics on some levels)

It doesn't seem there's any problems with the pack, as far as I can tell, though if anyone else gets this problem, let me know and I'll look into it - it's more likely to be something with the Flexi player itself than anything Giga's done wrong. This is the first time a pack's been released based on the NeoLemmix flexi player, after all (and only the second to use any Flexi player full stop, with exit's cLemmings Ultimate Edition being the first).
My Lemmings projects

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 11:47:08 PM »
how do you install the music?

I put the dat file in the same folder as the exe but when I begin playing the old music comes on.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 12:53:13 AM »
It should work automatically, as long as the filenames are unchanged. Basically, if an exe is named XXX.exe, the music pack should be XXX_Music.dat. This is not case sensitive (at least under Windows; I'm not sure if this still holds true when playing under Linux via WINE).

If your antivirus (or anything else) "sandboxes" the app, this could possibly cause it to be unable to see the music pack file. However, this would only happen if it completely prevents it from even reading any files at all - if it only protects it from writing them (since it only needs to read the music pack file, not write to it) and/or only protects system files, that shouldn't be an issue. Just out of interest, do you also have issues with music packs for official games or the Lemmings Plus games, or do those ones work fine?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:51:42 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 07:07:35 AM »
I've started doing recordings of my playthrough of this pack. :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVWvcY0oGEFzQbdLUdoJ42Kc_8bqMjTYJ

First two videos (covering, between them, the entire Warm rank) are uploading now, and I'll probably do the first 10 to 15 (depending on how long they take) levels of Hot later tonight.
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 05:45:08 PM »
Enjoying GigaLems because i have an Announcement
GigaLems 1.5: Oh No! more GigaLems is an extra level pack
i want to have one more use of the original tile sets before moving on to GigaLems 2

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 11:15:07 PM »
Oooh, should be good! :) Really enjoying this pack so far. Considering your method of "make every level in order", I'm actually pretty impressed with how the difficulty curve is turning out, too. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 11:26:41 PM »
For the menu back i plan to use the DDR Extreme (Arcade) background
some thing like this (caution: Big picture)

But i am some what afraid because of what i tried to do with the skill bar before
i am also having trouble trying to find the icons to Light,Standard,Heavy,& Challenge

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 11:33:05 PM »
If you keep a backup, the worst thing that can happen is you have to revert to the backup.
My Lemmings projects