Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] GigaLems official release topic  (Read 12377 times)

Offline GigaLem

• Discord Server Owner
  • Discord Server Owner
    • View Profile
[NeoLemmix] GigaLems official release topic
« on: March 29, 2015, 07:51:38 pm »
At last it is done with the things i need inserted
i present to you
GigaLems
5 Ratings
Warm, Hot, Boiling, Scalding, & Scorching
150 levels in total
A big thanks to Namida for guiding me on certain points of development
and providing the the Genesis .oggs
To Save on space the exe does include a Music pack.dat file i recommend using that because there is special levels the comes with there own themes
it also includes the Genesis and Dos(ohno) sound tracks
So heres the pack
http://www.neolemmix.com/old/levelpacks/GigaLems.nxp
And the music pack for it
http://www.mediafire.com/download/25q720bna5i4get/GigaLems_Music.dat
So i hope you guys enjoy the pack
and if you have trouble on Boiling 3...The exit you'll go for is in the terrain
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:30:44 pm by Nessy »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: GigaLems official release topic
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 08:32:26 pm »
Awesome! :D I'll check this out later tonight for sure.

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 08:40:22 pm »
Cool!

I've just tried your .exe, and I encountered an error.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 08:43:01 pm »
I just tried both with and without the music pack, from the download link (not an already-local copy) and it works fine.

Just to check your download wasn't corrupted, is the file size of the EXE 3,596,800 bytes, and the music pack (if you're using it) 59,542,378 bytes?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 08:48:02 pm »
Downloaded it, works in wine as expected. :-)

sha1sum GigaLems.exe
9724e123a98e7b117bfabb66ce20d308026e0d0f  GigaLems.exe

-- Simon

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 08:49:21 pm »
edit: nevermind. the game plays well now (I had a corrupted .dat file)

Offline GigaLem

• Discord Server Owner
  • Discord Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 08:51:58 pm »

sha1sum GigaLems.exe

-- Simon
The heck?
also sorry if you guys are having problems this is my first time releasing a huge level pack

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 08:59:29 pm »

sha1sum GigaLems.exe

-- Simon
The heck?
also sorry if you guys are having problems this is my first time releasing a huge level pack

Don't worry about his post, it's pretty technical stuff.

Anyway, just in case the DropBox upload went bad (I should've thought of this before), I tried downloading from the link instead of just copying from my DropBox folder, but it still seems to work fine even actually re-downloading it from there. Perhaps retry the download? (although as mentioned, the DAT file is optional but just gives you better quality musics, as well as special musics on some levels)

It doesn't seem there's any problems with the pack, as far as I can tell, though if anyone else gets this problem, let me know and I'll look into it - it's more likely to be something with the Flexi player itself than anything Giga's done wrong. This is the first time a pack's been released based on the NeoLemmix flexi player, after all (and only the second to use any Flexi player full stop, with exit's cLemmings Ultimate Edition being the first).

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 11:47:08 pm »
how do you install the music?

I put the dat file in the same folder as the exe but when I begin playing the old music comes on.
"All things are empty... Whoever can see this no longer needs anything to attain."
-The Heart Sutra

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-the Dude

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 12:53:13 am »
It should work automatically, as long as the filenames are unchanged. Basically, if an exe is named XXX.exe, the music pack should be XXX_Music.dat. This is not case sensitive (at least under Windows; I'm not sure if this still holds true when playing under Linux via WINE).

If your antivirus (or anything else) "sandboxes" the app, this could possibly cause it to be unable to see the music pack file. However, this would only happen if it completely prevents it from even reading any files at all - if it only protects it from writing them (since it only needs to read the music pack file, not write to it) and/or only protects system files, that shouldn't be an issue. Just out of interest, do you also have issues with music packs for official games or the Lemmings Plus games, or do those ones work fine?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:51:42 am by namida »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 07:07:35 am »
I've started doing recordings of my playthrough of this pack. :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVWvcY0oGEFzQbdLUdoJ42Kc_8bqMjTYJ

First two videos (covering, between them, the entire Warm rank) are uploading now, and I'll probably do the first 10 to 15 (depending on how long they take) levels of Hot later tonight.

Offline GigaLem

• Discord Server Owner
  • Discord Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 05:45:08 pm »
Enjoying GigaLems because i have an Announcement
GigaLems 1.5: Oh No! more GigaLems is an extra level pack
i want to have one more use of the original tile sets before moving on to GigaLems 2

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 11:15:07 pm »
Oooh, should be good! :) Really enjoying this pack so far. Considering your method of "make every level in order", I'm actually pretty impressed with how the difficulty curve is turning out, too. :)

Offline GigaLem

• Discord Server Owner
  • Discord Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 11:26:41 pm »
For the menu back i plan to use the DDR Extreme (Arcade) background
some thing like this (caution: Big picture)

But i am some what afraid because of what i tried to do with the skill bar before
i am also having trouble trying to find the icons to Light,Standard,Heavy,& Challenge

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 11:33:05 pm »
If you keep a backup, the worst thing that can happen is you have to revert to the backup.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 10:23:57 am »
Here are replays for all of GigaLems. I am aware that some solutions are overly complicated, but I tried to save as many lemmings as possible.

I will gladly give more detailed feedback (though likely only after easter), but here are at least some comments right now:
- My favourites are Scalding 12 and Scorching 13. These were amazing levels :thumbsup:.
- Perhaps you want to check the trigger areas for the traps in Warm 7?
- Hot 3:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
- Scalding 30 seems missing.
- Some of the hidden traps are expected, but some are quite annoying, especially...

And thanks for the hint for Boiling 3.

Offline GigaLem

• Discord Server Owner
  • Discord Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 02:46:53 pm »
Here are replays for all of GigaLems. I am aware that some solutions are overly complicated, but I tried to save as many lemmings as possible.

I will gladly give more detailed feedback (though likely only after easter), but here are at least some comments right now:
- My favourites are Scalding 12 and Scorching 13. These were amazing levels :thumbsup:.
- Perhaps you want to check the trigger areas for the traps in Warm 7?
- Hot 3:
- Scalding 30 seems missing.
- Some of the hidden traps are expected, but some are quite annoying, especially...

And thanks for the hint for Boiling 3.
Found the missing level its Scalding 16

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2015, 02:43:18 am »
So, so far I'm up to Boiling 21 (haven't looked at it yet), and while there are a few levels I didn't like too much, for the most part these levels are very good - definitely living up to expectations! :D Well done!

I also like that a lot of the Boiling levels are 100%able. This really gives an extra Lemmings-y feel. :D

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2015, 08:20:28 am »
Finished all of the first four ranks now. Definitely impressed! :D So far, my favorite level is definitely Scalding 23. (Videos for Scalding 11 onwards are currently still uploading, if you were wondering where they are. They'll be up soon.)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2015, 03:55:56 pm »
So, I'm up to Scorching 13. This one has me completely stumped so far. I've literally got over an hour's worth of footage of me trying various things, and no solution yet that'd save more than 5%. Looking forward to finally cracking this one. :D (No hints please, yet.)

Offline GigaLem

• Discord Server Owner
  • Discord Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2015, 05:56:15 am »
while im working on GigaLems 1.5
what is you favorite level? both design wise and Solution wise

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2015, 06:34:08 am »
In terms of gameplay, my favorite out of the ones I've completed is Scalding 23. Scorching 13 is showing a lot of promise, but I still haven't beaten it yet so can't say for sure.

EDIT: At this point, I'd say Scalding 23 is still my favorite, with Scorching 13 as a close second.
(Just to be clear, I'm referring to the fixed version here, so by Scalding 23 I mean "Bye Bye Baby Balloon")

Appearance-wise, it's a bit harder to pick. I might have to get back to you on that one.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:53:33 pm by namida »

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2015, 06:45:41 pm »
"Wascowy Wemmings" best title ever. :D
"All things are empty... Whoever can see this no longer needs anything to attain."
-The Heart Sutra

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-the Dude

Offline Akseli

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 11:47:06 am »
Just finished GigaLems, here are my solutions! And Giga, I can see it if you haven't downloaded them. ;) Though I'm not sure if you were aiming to fix levels at all after the initial release in any case.

The pack ended up being a positive surprise. I played your Giga packs and Lemmings Platinum packs and I see that your level designing has obviously improved remarkably from those. I was delighted to see some design details that I hadn't seen anywhere else yet, and in general I see that there was some effort put on the looks of the levels. Difficulty curve was Lemmings1-like, but I didn't find too much difference between the last two ratings. Music was great, I felt so pumped up for the levels that had special tunes! :thumbsup: It was an enjoyment to play those. The ending with Final Dreadnought series was definitely a memorable experience, for example!

Scorching13: "It's not time for flying toast" was the best level in my opinion, every skill had to be placed cleverly, and you needed some strategies for crowd control.

Offline GigaLem

• Discord Server Owner
  • Discord Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 11:27:40 pm »
Just finished GigaLems, here are my solutions! And Giga, I can see it if you haven't downloaded them. ;) Though I'm not sure if you were aiming to fix levels at all after the initial release in any case.

The pack ended up being a positive surprise. I played your Giga packs and Lemmings Platinum packs and I see that your level designing has obviously improved remarkably from those. I was delighted to see some design details that I hadn't seen anywhere else yet, and in general I see that there was some effort put on the looks of the levels. Difficulty curve was Lemmings1-like, but I didn't find too much difference between the last two ratings. Music was great, I felt so pumped up for the levels that had special tunes! :thumbsup: It was an enjoyment to play those. The ending with Final Dreadnought series was definitely a memorable experience, for example!

Scorching13: "It's not time for flying toast" was the best level in my opinion, every skill had to be placed cleverly, and you needed some strategies for crowd control.

i do plan to patch GigaLems
Add pieces to prevent backroutes
replace some levels if a can't fix it
and with that said i'll pull starting development of GigaLems 2 to mid may
anyways with that said Back to GigaLems 1.5

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2016, 05:38:23 am »
Just want to point out - the music pack link has been broken for quite some time now.

Also, I have removed the GigaLems EXE from the NeoLemmix.com server, and uploaded an NXP instead. It should fall on GigaLem to do this, but because this pack is very old, updating it to work with the latest versions required more work than just rebuilding with the latest version of Flexi Toolkit. I have sent GigaLem the up-to-date format source files.
The NXP can be downloaded here: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/levelpacks/GigaLems.nxp

Offline GigaLem

• Discord Server Owner
  • Discord Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2016, 08:42:19 am »
Update
This took me longer than needed, Music pack re-uploaded, Link updated