Poll

What's your preference on how easy levels are handled?

LPI ~ LPIII style - X-of-everything levels in the early ranks
1 (7.7%)
LPIV / LPV style - easy puzzles in the early ranks
5 (38.5%)
A mixture of both, like Cheeky in LPII
7 (53.8%)
Neither - get straight to the hard stuff!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Lemmings Plus Series  (Read 37618 times)

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Plus Series
« Reply #210 on: May 12, 2018, 07:05:48 pm »
I finished Holiday Lemmings Plus.

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #211 on: May 13, 2018, 09:41:30 pm »
Watched Omega.

Puzzling 5, I honestly don't know how this was never noticed before (or maybe it was, and I just forgot?).
Puzzling 14, this might be the first time I've seen someone actually use the teleporters. This was the originally intended solution, although it's early enough in the pack to be an "anything goes, if it works" level.
Puzzling 19, I found it amusing that you set up that containment with the builder, when there's a Stoner available. :P
Perplexing 4 seems to have glitched during conversion and I didn't catch it before. I'll have to fix that. The preplaced lemmings are meant to be blockers. Presumably, the preplaced lemmings aren't perfectly on the ground (they often weren't due to a misleading sprite in older graphic sets), and the code that automatically moves preplaced blockers to ground level (if they're close) must have been culled. (Interestingly, Perplexing 18 is not glitched.)
Mental 14 is a major backroute.
Mental 16 is a new approach, I think - if I remember correctly, most solutions don't pick up that stacker near the bottom-right.
My released level packs:
Lemmings Plus Series | Doomsday Lemmings

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #212 on: May 16, 2018, 12:24:05 am »
Watched OmegaII.

Fluffy 13, I think you're the first person to actually find the intended solution exactly here. :O
Spiky 1, you definitely overcomplicated that one a bit. There's no need for such precise timing; just a bit more creativity in containing the crowd. ;)
Spiky 3 is another case where you found the intended solution in a level often solved by alternate means, although this isn't the first time someone's found the intended way here.
Sharp 18, while your solution is not unique as such (you got the intended solution), you're only the second person to ever solve this level (after IchoTolot) as far as I know, so well done there! :)
Sharp 19, while nowhere near the first to solve the level, as far as I know you're the first person to get the talisman here, so well done! :)
Sharp 20, interestingly, your solution is much closer to the original version of this level (never released publicly, but most of the pre-release testers saw it) than the intended solution for the current version. I would still consider it acceptable though, as the biggest trick in the solution (the one with the first miner) is still involved in your solution.
My released level packs:

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #213 on: June 07, 2018, 09:37:48 am »
Uploaded V12.01 of Lemmings Plus Omega and Lemmings Plus V.

Lemmings Plus Omega
- Fixed preplaced lemmings that should be (but weren't) blockers in Breezy 3 "You Shall Walk Again!" and its repeat, Perplexing 4 "Borrow A Bit Of Freedom?".

Lemmings Plus V
- Fixed incorrect music on Blissful 10 "Stop Or Go?".

The download of all Lemmings Plus packs in one ZIP has also been updated accordingly. Lemmings Plus Compressed is unaffected as none of the relevant levels are in it.
My released level packs:

Offline joshescue18

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 09, 2018, 02:21:02 pm »
Here are the replays.