Author Topic: What video game(s) are you playing at the moment?  (Read 116181 times)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
Re: What video game(s) are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #225 on: August 23, 2020, 11:26:45 AM »
The Fallguy game is very fun to play, I got the award that only 22.6% of people who play the game get and won a full episode episode. It is very hard to at least win one full episode. Anyone else tried this game, it's quite fun and competitive if that is the right word to use.

Yeah, it's really fun and addictive (and frustrating)!
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 10, 2020, 01:20:10 AM »
I have recently finished Chrono Trigger for the first time. It was absolutely amazing :D I loved the battle system, the characters, the story, and the music... I LOVED the music!

I also decided to try out a new Ocarina of Time ROM hack called "Master of Time". It's one heck of an ambitions Ocarina of Time ROM hack, going as far as to make a full blown game that is just as long as the original Ocarina of Time more or less. I have more detailed thoughts about his one written below :P

Full Review with MAJOR Spoilers (click to show/hide)

Way Too Long, Didn't Read (click to show/hide)

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
« Reply #227 on: September 11, 2020, 12:22:19 AM »
I just finished Vikings of Midgard, an OHRRPGCE game that's been in development since ~2007. The creator recently posted the full version, and it's fantastic!

The OHRRPGCE is a RPG making engine with a healthy community of developers. In the past, Vikings of Midgard has been packaged with the engine as an example of what you can accomplish with it. Even before it was fully released, Vikings is probably one of my favorite games of all time :laugh:

It's free, and can be found here: https://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgame.php?t=38&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
Soundtrack streamed here: https://soundcloud.com/eponym_ent/sets/vikings-of-midgard

It's very much a traditional RPG, similar to the SNES Final Fantasy games. It's got a lot of HP Lovecraft and Norse mythology in it, which is neat.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 17, 2020, 01:23:50 AM »
With the release of Spelunky 2 came a spark in me to return to the original Spelunky 1 after about a year and a half to finally attempt to get my first win in it... and I totally did! :thumbsup: Not only that but I also managed to reach the City of Gold, although I ran out of bombs and so I couldn't do anything worthwhile once I was inside :forehead: This prevented me from reaching a certain item inside that would have allowed me to reach another bonus area. That'll probably be my next objective. Overall I'm finding the game much, much more enjoyable now that I'm able to reach the later levels a lot more frequently now. I mean, there was a time when just reaching the third area was a miracle. Now it's fairly common.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 17, 2020, 07:08:49 AM »
Great job! :thumbsup: I remember playing the original Spelunky on Xbox 360 and have never been able to beat the game (I got up to about the fourth area a few times but never went beyond that). The pitch black stages are always tough if you get one. It's also making me wonder, will the new game be easier than the other one? I hope the new game is a bit "fairer" at least.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 18, 2020, 03:04:14 AM »
I really dislike those pitch black stages :P especially in the later levels (minus the third world which I don't think has that level feeling). The most annoying part has to be when you get one of those levels while already holding something in your hands like a weapon, mostly because you have to "juggle" that item with the torch. Hopefully the sequel completely removed them, and also from the little bit that I've seen from the new game I think it's meant to be even tougher than the first one :lem-shocked: I think one of the reasons might be the fact that it has more levels to go through than the first one, which I'm honestly okay with it.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #231 on: November 18, 2020, 04:11:07 AM »
The new game is much harder than the first one. It still has dark levels, though they seem to be much, much rarer.

I really dislike those pitch black stages :P especially in the later levels (minus the third world which I don't think has that level feeling).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 08, 2020, 01:44:06 AM »
Thanks @namida for that info :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 01:49:36 AM by Nessy »

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 08, 2020, 02:50:54 PM »
That Spelunky game seems very popular, hoping you are enjoying that one Nessy. :)

I'm playing the (Ticket to ride) board game, it's a good little board game where you have to connect routes up to complete your destination tickets. One other game that is quite good is Carcassonne another board game where you get points for creating cities and other things.

These are games you can get on steam for a good price.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 08, 2020, 07:46:08 PM »
I'm playing the (Ticket to ride) board game, it's a good little board game where you have to connect routes up to complete your destination tickets. One other game that is quite good is Carcassonne another board game where you get points for creating cities and other things.

Out of sheer coincidence, Ticket to Ride is what I'm having as one of my Christmas presents! This game is new to me so I'll let you know how I get on.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 09, 2020, 01:30:05 AM »
Coincidence, Cool

I think you will really enjoy that one, it's certainly a fun game. I think it came out around 2004 so maybe still a new board game to the world so to say.

I like board games, you will have fun with this one. Looking forward to hearing how you get on with the (Ticket to ride)
Thanks for letting us know Minim. :)

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 12, 2020, 08:38:54 PM »
That Spelunky game seems very popular, hoping you are enjoying that one Nessy. :)

These are games you can get on steam for a good price.
Ticket to Ride is great!
We have the Märklin edition, featuring Germany. What I love about that version is that every single card has a different locomotive/carriage on it, instead of one per colour.

I have been playing Super Mario Bros. 35 since it came out on October 1st. It is free on Switch, if you have Switch Online, and puts you against 34 other players in a last man standing type of game. You play through levels from the original Super Mario Bros. (with updated physics, but much closer to the original physics than other recent games such as Super Mario Maker), and if you kill an enemy, someone else gets it on their screen.
I really enjoy the game, but it is rather tiresome to play, because there can be hundreds of enemies flying around, and every single one is represented on screen. Sometimes when I have had a particularly busy game and stop playing I can still see enemies flying around for a few minutes. :P
It is very fun though! I managed to get 10 consecutive wins within the first month, which was a great accomplishment, and since then I have been trying to get a win without using any mushrooms or fire flowers. Haven't managed to do that yet! The game is really a lot different when you die in a single hit. ;)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 13, 2020, 09:48:23 AM »
Among Us, Fall Guys and Untitled Goose Game :D
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings

« Reply #238 on: December 13, 2020, 10:19:58 PM »
Hey, NieSch, I just started playing Fall Guys :D Popular or not, I think it's still super fun! I'm very excited for season 3, and it definitely looks like more of a substantial update than season 2! That Tundra Run level they revealed looks so cool!

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 14, 2020, 08:18:36 AM »
Yeah, season 3 (winter theme) starts today/tomorow.:thumbsup:

Edit: It's great fun!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 10:03:32 AM by NieSch »