Author Topic: Lemmings Plus DOS Project  (Read 39314 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lemmings Plus DOS Project - Downloads (Updated 8/16/10)
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2010, 07:44:00 PM »
Yeah, I like this, feels like the L2 bomber. :)

I noticed it doesn't play the assign sound though while assigning the skill. It's probably a matter of taste whether two sounds should be played at the same time. Maybe play the assign sound on assignment, and delay the ohno sound for 3 or 4 frames? -- In L2, superlemming and jumper didn't play the assign sound either, so any decision on this matter is canonical in some way.

-- Simon

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2010, 11:36:10 PM »
I noticed it doesn't play the assign sound though while assigning the skill. It's probably a matter of taste whether two sounds should be played at the same time. Maybe play the assign sound on assignment, and delay the ohno sound for 3 or 4 frames?

Remember that you don't always get ohno for exploders--for example, fallers explode immediately upon end of countdown.

In L2, superlemming and jumper didn't play the assign sound either, so any decision on this matter is canonical in some way.

I think L2 simply doesn't support simultaneous sound effects, unlike L1--I clearly remember cases while playing L2 of an assignment sound effect interrupting ongoing explosion sound effects and the like, for example.  It may depend on the sound setup you use though.

I just tested and found that LemmixPlayer currently has similar handling as L2 in terms of simultaneous sound effects (ie. not supported--later ones preempt earlier ones).  My guess is that the underlying library it is using probably has support for simultaneous sound effects but LemmixPlayer currently isn't configured to use it.  That said, I'm not sure it's really necessary to have the assignment sound effect playing, when you have the more exciting sound effects of ohno and explosions going on at the same time.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2010, 03:21:39 PM »
Indeed, Lemmix will only play one sound at a time, however, I'm not sure how it decides what overrides. I know that with the default code, it will play the assign sound and not the Oh No, but I modified it to not attempt the assign sound when assigning a bomber.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2010, 01:48:31 PM »
Oh my god. I just LOVE it when I make a level, and with a few tweaks it turns out far harder than I intended for it to. =)

In this case, all I had to do was up the release rate to 20, and drop the time limit to 3 minutes (the time limit change alone eliminates two backroutes, while still giving about 40 seconds to spare on the intended solution).

Bumped it up from a mid-Cheesy to a early-Gloomy level. =D

Also, to ensure players catch on to this modification to bomber mechanics, I've put a bombers-only level as the 4th level in the lowest difficulty.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2010, 01:10:17 PM »
I finally finished updating all the replays I have for the original, to reflect the new bomber mechanics. =)

<EDIT: To clarify, I'm just meaning the solution replays. I haven't done such for the challenge replays, like the single-builder solution to Pipeline Problem.>
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus DOS Project - Downloads (Updated 11/26/10)
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2010, 09:48:49 AM »
I've really lost interest in making new levels, so I've redone the original LPDOS to include some of the LPD2 levels I had made so far to replace some of the pointless stupid levels (like Ghostly Hall).
My Lemmings projects

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2011, 10:47:53 PM »
The download link on the first post doesn't seem to work. Can anyone upload it again?

(By the way, there is a Lemmini version, or only the Lemmix one?)

Thanks!

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2011, 03:02:01 AM »
I think I have this downloaded and I have an FTP, I can re-up this, give me a bit
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2011, 01:50:43 PM »
Only the Lemmix one. It doesn't require any special setup though.

Here's the download... sorry, I don't have any $ to keep my web host alive at the moment.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2011, 02:08:33 PM »
Only the Lemmix one. It doesn't require any special setup though.

Here's the download... sorry, I don't have any $ to keep my web host alive at the moment.

¡Thank you very much!. I'm sure it will entertain me a lot.

By the way, I asked about a Lemmini version only because on my older Wine emulator (for Linux, of course), the cursor was strange while playing Lemmix. But now that I have installed the new version of wine on my PC, everything goes perfect =) .

But if all of you grant me permission, I would like to create a Lemmini version of your packed game, and upload it here. What do you think about?

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2011, 02:28:15 PM »
I think the Lemmini version of the game is possible to be made, but there is a long way to go to get this to work. :P Not only you'd worry about putting all the levels out of their sets and into separate files, but you'd also have to think about password codes for each level (Which luckily, you only need to put one code in as that will generate codes for all the levels in a set). I think the Lemmix level editor comes in handy too, as you can load a level from whichever set and then place it into an .ini file.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline CynicalOkie

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Plus DOS Project - Downloads (Download link fixed!)
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2011, 09:48:44 PM »
Sorry to tread into old waters, but is there ANY way whatsoever to edit the Lemmix Player to play the Amiga MOD music instead of the chintzy MIDIs?

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2011, 11:46:28 PM »
Not sure what you're talking about.  I'm pretty sure LemmixPlayer is already using the Amiga MODs.  I'm not sure about the separate Lemmix editor playtest mode, but I won't really use that for a proper playing experience anyway.

Offline CynicalOkie

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2011, 02:14:29 AM »
Well, the LemmixPlayer that is included with the LPDOS project uses different music files rather than the MODs. It doesn't work if I try to use the regular Lemmix Player in the same directory as the LPP directory.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2011, 09:47:43 AM »
Oh I see, sorry I didn't realize you're talking about LPDOS and that namida changed the music.  I'm afraid there isn't much I can do about that.