Author Topic: Favourite Lemmings Music Version  (Read 20382 times)

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
Re: Favourite Lemmings Music Version
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 04:34:07 PM »
Another vote added to the Sega Master System's music.
SEGA Master System version
100% on 110/120 levels (92%). Other levels [Lemmings lost]:
Fun 03 [3], 06 [2], 18 [5]   
Taxing 19 [5], 27 [1], 28 [3]
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 05:15:01 PM »
I've put a link up to show different music types for each console. Maybe this site could change your vote. ;)

http://www.codiekitty.com/LEM/Music/index.htm
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 06:58:14 PM »
It hasn't, though that's the first time i've ever heard the PC Engine's music. I perfer the SMS version, but the PC Engine seems to have a very interesting sound system. I was expecting it to use something like square waves.
SEGA Master System version
100% on 110/120 levels (92%). Other levels [Lemmings lost]:
Fun 03 [3], 06 [2], 18 [5]   
Taxing 19 [5], 27 [1], 28 [3]
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 01:39:26 AM »
I wonder what system the "other" vote is?

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 04:50:18 AM »
Well, one notable absence on the list above is the Atari ST version, it, Amiga and DOS being the first 3 ports of Lemmings released.  And remember, Lemmings have been ported to just about every system on the planet.  Just off top of my head, here're a bunch of systems not mentioned in the list:

• Commodore 64
  • Phillips CD-I
  • there's a CD-ROM version of Lemmings for DOS that actually has the music as audio tracks in the CD (and I don't mean mere recordings of the adlib/TGA music, but music specially made for the CD version).
  • Windows (you've heard this if you heard the MIDI versions of Lemmings music from the XXXLemmus styles for Cheapo)
  • Macintosh
  • Nintendo (as in the old 8-bit NES/Famicom, not Super Nintendo)
  • Acorn Archimedes

Granted, I haven't heard the music on many of these systems listed above, so some of them might be very similar to the ones listed in the poll.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 07:07:20 AM »
  • Windows (you've heard this if you heard the MIDI versions of Lemmings music from Cheapo)

I'm interested as to what the tracks are from Cheapo, mind you they have also been copied to "Copycat Lemmings" I've given the link below. The copycat clone is at the bottom of this page.

http://camanis.net/lemmings/clones.php
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 07:59:23 AM »
  • Windows (you've heard this if you heard the MIDI versions of Lemmings music from Cheapo)

I'm interested as to what the tracks are from Cheapo, mind you they have also been copied to "Copycat Lemmings"

Sorry, I was not being clear.  I don't mean the MIDIs that came with Cheapo/Copycat Lemmings.

There were a set of styles made for Cheapo that were essentially clones of the styles in original Lemmings, with names ending with "Lemmus" (eg. FireLemmus for the "Hell" style, CrystalLemmus, etc.).  The music in all those styles are the MIDI version of Lemmings music from the Windows port.  That's what I was referring to.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 11:58:44 AM »
I've put a link up to show different music types for each console. Maybe this site could change your vote. ;)

http://www.codiekitty.com/LEM/Music/index.htm

The one you've titled "Take Good Care Of My Lemmings" is based on "Pachelbel's Canon".
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 11:47:03 PM »
HE mislabeled it?  I don't know if he runs the site...  maybe he doesn't!!!

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2009, 07:46:04 AM »
The answer is.. I don't! ;) I didn't create the site, I came here to put the link up instead.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2009, 03:34:05 AM »
Don't we have some newer members who might be interested in this?

On topic, though, I change my vote to "Amiga."  If you haven't noticed, the poll is configured so you can change it.

Offline danparker

• View Profile
    • danparker studios
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2009, 04:30:26 AM »
AdLib or Tandy sound, danparker?

Actually, I'm not really sure.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 01:49:17 AM »
Well, one notable absence on the list above is the Atari ST version, it, Amiga and DOS being the first 3 ports of Lemmings released.  And remember, Lemmings have been ported to just about every system on the planet.  Just off top of my head, here're a bunch of systems not mentioned in the list:

• Commodore 64
  • Phillips CD-I
  • there's a CD-ROM version of Lemmings for DOS that actually has the music as audio tracks in the CD (and I don't mean mere recordings of the adlib/TGA music, but music specially made for the CD version).
  • Windows (you've heard this if you heard the MIDI versions of Lemmings music from the XXXLemmus styles for Cheapo)
  • Macintosh
  • Nintendo (as in the old 8-bit NES/Famicom, not Super Nintendo)
  • Acorn Archimedes

Granted, I haven't heard the music on many of these systems listed above, so some of them might be very similar to the ones listed in the poll.
Sorry about the thread resurrection; I just wanted to add that the Mac version has very similar music to the Amiga (to the point that I can only tell the difference because I've heard it all a million times), and the PS1 version has good CD-quality music on it, which sounds like it's actually been played with instruments. But it's not as good!

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 10:47:36 AM »
The Commodore 64 music is my favourite. If your not sure what it sounds like theres a video with some on here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaDW6OU-57c&feature=related

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2011, 08:21:11 AM »
Hey, I still haven't voted in this one. :D

I grew up with the DOS version (VGA), so that's the only one I really know. The Amiga version may be "better" in terms of sound quality or whatever, but to me it just sounds off. So DOS it is.