Author Topic: Favourite Lemmings Music Version  (Read 20366 times)

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
Re: Favourite Lemmings Music Version
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2011, 03:37:43 AM »
Wait, demos with only four levels?

Mine has twelve!  It was a later demo that was flaunting all the awards the game had gotten.  Can't remember which levels specifically other than Tricky 1, Tricky 3 (possibly), Tricky 22, Taxing 2, Taxing 22, Mayhem 2... eh, I should probably go downstairs and boot the Mac up again and get an official list.  Or just copy the whole thing over so we can all peruse it.
It has one unique level, as the second Fun level-- called The Apple Computer Level-- it's just a huge rainbow Apple logo and you can seriously win the level by just taking your hands off the mouse... they'll walk right into the exit at the base of the apple.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2011, 09:20:53 AM »
nowai why would i have never heard of this :XD:

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2011, 11:35:51 PM »
So Mr. K, have you gotten your 12-level demo working?  Really looking forward to see The Apple Computer Level. ;)

Or maybe I'll try Google and see if it finds your demo, after all it's how I once obtained the Mac version of Lemmings and the Mac emulator for PC (Executor).

Offline Kornhead21

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2011, 02:17:17 PM »
hey, I couldn't find the "Introduce yourself" section or if there even is one.

I've been a fan of Lemmings since I was little.  the proof?  I actually own copies of Lemmings on the NES, SNES, Genesis, Game Gear (which is pretty much like the Master System), Gameboy, PSP, Playstation, and DOS (don't know which version).
I also own other Lemmings games like Lemmings 2: The Tribes for SNES and Genesis, 3D Lemmings (or Lemmings 3D, whatever way it is) on Windows (PC) and Playstation, Lemmings Revolution on Windows (PC), and Lemmings Paintball which actually also contains the Windows version of Lemmings (plus ON!ML).

anyways, to keep on this topic, my favorite music version would be the Sega Genesis

Offline Nortaneous

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2011, 10:22:49 AM »
Found the music from the PC CD version on Youtube. Here's Lemming1 / Canon in D.

Also, what was this used for? I never heard it, or the version without the sound effects, in the game.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2011, 11:08:55 AM »
Also, what was this used for? I never heard it, or the version without the sound effects, in the game.

It's the music that accompanies the intro sequence, for versions of the game that has one.  For example here's Amiga's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnR8DIR5Rx4 (skip to 0:28)

The PC DOS version never has it, and I guess no one ever ported it over even with later versions for the PC.

Offline Adrian060756

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2011, 06:34:01 PM »
Without a doubt in my mind the 16-bit SEGA Mega Drive version I think is the best. This is only my personal opinion so i'm not basing it on fact.

If you're a fan of the 16-bit Sonic The Hedgehog soundtracks, then there's no excuse why you wouldn't like the Lemmings Mega Drive soundtrack. The music is very lively with a reminicent late 1970's pop/disco orientated sound with a catchy beat in each music track. Very good and upbeat versions of the tunes, although in fairness I do think the other ports of Lemmings feature great soundtracks too especially the SNES and Master System but the Mega Drive OST does it for me.

SONGS INCLUDE:
1. Gallop From Opheus In The Underworld - Can Can
2. Pachelbel's Canon Tailor Made
3. How Much Is That Doggie In The Window
4. She'll Be Coming Round' The Mountain
5. Mozart's Rondo Alla Turca
6. Dance Of The Reed Flutes
7. O' Little Town Of Bethlehem
8. London Bridge Is Falling Down
9. Enjoy The Show
10. Ten Green Bottles
11. March Of The Mods
 and many, many more

The songs are all specially chosen as to being out of copyright, it originally had something to do with the original Amiga Lemmings sound producers not being able to compose their own music properly which led to musical arrangements of old songs.

Offline Adrian060756

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2011, 06:44:49 PM »
Here is a special fan-made SEGA Mega Drive version of the Lemmings song ''Enjoy The Show'' Level 11, 25 & 29 of FUN.

Enjoy The Show Lemmings SEGA Mega Drive - tomatzu Version

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2011, 08:04:02 PM »
The songs are all specially chosen as to being out of copyright, it originally had something to do with the original Amiga Lemmings sound producers not being able to compose their own music properly which led to musical arrangements of old songs.
You... don't say? Remember, this is a lemmings forum... between us we basically know all the stories back to front.

As for the video, what the hell? I mean, after playing the opening sequence to the Mega Drive/Genesis port, it starts showing us pictures of Sonic the hedgehog. Huh, wtf ???? And then there was pictures of some woman being arty-farty. And it didn't actually sound like the music from the Mega Drive port anyway.

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2011, 09:52:36 PM »
A little bit harsh, finlay, a little bit harsh.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2011, 11:10:30 PM »
Nice mix -- nothing wrong with putting random imagery into music video.

-- Simon

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2011, 11:52:24 PM »
A little bit harsh, finlay, a little bit harsh.
In a harsh mood, sorry. :P Also, I just genuinely didn't understand what the post was actually, kind of, about... is it a CD that he has as a soundtrack or what? Where is the video actually from? The post reads a bit like an advertisement, as well, and it appears to be aimed at folk who've played other games of that era, eg Sonic, and not necessarily at Lemmings players themselves. I dunno, just seemed odd.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2011, 12:45:33 AM »
Youtube is full of these kinds of music video combining music (often remixed/remastered) with random snippets of video, only some of which are related to the video game.

If anything, I would complain it lacks originality in the remix department.  It is basically the Windows MIDI/CD version from what I remember.  Almost none of it reminds me of the Megadrive version, and there isn't anything in there different enough to even really qualify as much of a remix.  Youtube quality I guess you could say. ;) :-\

Offline Adrian060756

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2011, 05:47:19 PM »
If anybody is wondering about the content in the video I posted. I honestly didn't mean to upset anybody. The music does sound like the Mega Drive/Genesis port if you listen carefully, but opinions will be opinions....

The footage was taken from both the Master System and Mega Drive ports aswell as images of Sonic The Hedgehog as the song's bass line shares extreme similarities to the 16-bit Sonic series. The girl is a young pop star on the internet who has yet to make her mark in the music industry, she sang two Lemmings songs on Youtube with her own lyrics added which is why she is in the video, so all content in the video is related to Lemmings.

I suggest in a kind way that some of you should do more research into the music of Lemmings before bitching about how this one video is unrelated when it really IS related to Lemmings. 

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2011, 07:30:25 PM »
If anybody is wondering about the content in the video I posted. I honestly didn't mean to upset anyI suggest in a kind way that some of you should do more research into the music of Lemmings before bitching about how this one video is unrelated when it really IS related to Lemmings.

Hey now, Finlay was the only one complaining that it's "unrelated".  And it's not an entirely unfair criticism, I'll bet most of us don't know anything Sonic and the girl until you explained.  It would not surprise me that if you were to drop a random sample of all people who love lemmings or even specifically SMS and Megadrive Lemmings, most would not know what you just told us, having not previously seen anything like it and shown these things in the video out of their normal context.