Author Topic: intelligence quotient about lemmings players  (Read 2971 times)

Offline MASTER-88

• Professional lemmings player and videogame master
    • View Profile
intelligence quotient about lemmings players
« on: December 12, 2021, 12:14:14 PM »
I test my own some years ago its 135. Its not too bad, but no too good. its above avarage.

I have some special skills. Thanks my asberger syndrome. Extremely good visual memorize skills. Just not about lemmings only. I can remember every capital citys and flags in whole world, but my math is bad one. My School went pretty okay overall. Not very good, not too bad, somewhere avarage ranges. My geography was always best possible, but math and english was worse. My Socials skills is probably worst ever in world.

Lemmings requires just most your visual skills. When you have look level overall and look little things everywhere. Most my skills is my experience. But i am extremely good visual skills player myself.

About lemmings games. I think everybody can beat orginal lemmings games if your IQ is around 100. But beat some very hard custom levels make this game really hard. Lemmings is like Shack.

I´ll keep little bit break make my own NeoLemmix custom levels rightnow and back to play Plus 1 Psycho mode again. I am got 100 hours practice about game and thats make most levels really easy. I´ll think my own pack is harder one. We always overlooked somethings. I am have to fix my own levels many times. Its not easy make hard levels, but interesting levels.

Todays i spend 12 hours make per each single level. Probably my masterwork solution, that was worth it. I did easy and hard version with this level. Also easy version seems tough one, but hard version is really fun.

I think i can make my pack done end of the this year, but have to check out it many times, so its will be public somewhere next year. Its seems i am sometimes overlooked something. Its take a lot time make one single level. Usually 4 hours, sometimes 12 hours.

Have to say Namida making extrmely good job Lemming plus levels. All licensed games was simply too easy for me. Make without pausing give me some fun. Namida Plus 1 are giving me good challenge. Few Psycho leves are remain, but i am completed those quite fast when i start make my own levels. I learn that mechanism. Thats will be fun progress.
Video games player.
See my youtube: Several games videos includes lemmings
http://www.youtube.com/user/metroidmaster88?feature=mhum

My Huge Lemmings Projects

Lemmings Custom + Triology 394 Levels
Custom +1 (120 Levels)
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5840.0
Custom +2 (124 Levels)
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5993.0
Custom +3 (150 Levels)
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=6014.0
Amiga Classic Special (30 Levels)
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=6345.0

My SNES Lemmings MAX Points Project
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4539.0

Offline Crane

• View Profile
Re: intelligence quotient about lemmings players
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 02:38:03 PM »
It's hard to say how well IQ ties into it... granted, solving Lemmings levels requires a lot of logical deduction, but sometimes a lot of creativity too, especially if you don't know a certain trick (the fact that a Blocker can make a Digger face the other direction never occurred to me for a very long time, I guess because there was no immediate feedback back when the Digger threw debris in both directions).  My IQ, which was last measured when I was still a child, was 156, although I hit 170 on an online test once.  It can be rather subjective.

Using the original games as a benchmark might be a little unfair because no-one had done anything like Lemmings at the time, and now, 30 years later, there is an active community of expert designers and solvers who constantly push the envelope, was well as having studied the source code (or the disassembly) to work out every single trick.

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2021, 11:30:47 AM »
An IQ of 135 is not "above average". A score of 100 is considered an average IQ, so if yours is higher than that, you are already above average. 135 is classified as "Very Superior Intelligence", so you probably belong to the 1 percent of humanity who are blessed with this. And if you got 170 you would rank among the Top 30 of the most intelligent people worldwide - even Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking "only" had 160.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 02:08:54 PM by Swerdis »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 06:35:34 PM »
Pssst... let's not get too hung up on IQ. It's generally acknowledged these days as a biased and unreliable measure. On the other hand, we can safely conclude that those who can solve hard Lemmings levels are likely very smart. :P
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Online WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 05:56:05 PM »

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 04:07:10 AM »
The 170 score I don't consider reliable, as it was an online test, and was more for a bit of fun, as three students at my sixth-form college (about 18 years ago), decided to try the test together and scored 165.  Then I took the same test alone and got 170!  My 156 was measured by a Mensa representitive though with an official test.  I'm not sure what it is today.

IQ mostly measures logical reasoning and deduction, and is modelled close to a Gaussian curve with 100 as the median (it's not exactly Gaussian because you can't go below 0).  I'm not sure what the standard deviation is though.