Author Topic: [SUG][EDITOR] Make the dropdown for selecting styles wider  (Read 4944 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
[SUG][EDITOR] Make the dropdown for selecting styles wider
« on: March 25, 2021, 01:17:19 AM »
Purely just a suggestion but I've always noticed that the style names are too wide for the styles dropdown menu and it makes it harder to read the style names.

I'm referring to the style selector which is on the left above the terrain and object tiles themselves, to the left of the "Get Terrain" button.

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
Re: [SUG][EDITOR] Make the dropdown for selecting styles wider
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 02:08:19 AM »
also larger text would be good or more space between lines but im 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% in support of improving this

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 10:21:09 AM »
I'd definitely support this, too! :thumbsup: Of course, having some systematic order to the styles would also be nice (we've discussed that in another thread already), but just being able to read all the style names in their entirety would already be a huge improvement.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 10:37:16 AM »
+1

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 09:26:43 PM »
I'm in support of this but at the same time, I'd like to suggest having a folder styled menu for the styles in editor, similar to selecting packs in NeoLemmix, the highlighted style that's selected has their pieces/objects/etc shown.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 03:25:02 AM »
I'd definitely support this, too! :thumbsup: Of course, having some systematic order to the styles would also be nice (we've discussed that in another thread already), but just being able to read all the style names in their entirety would already be a huge improvement.

You can order the styles yourself by modifying the "styles.ini" file. I did this to make sure all the styles in GGF appear at the top of the editor dropdown. However, you need to be careful not to overwrite this when you future update the styles.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2023, 01:19:56 AM »
The SuperLemmix Editor has this feature. I'd be more than happy to help implement it for the current NeoLemmix Editor as well.