Author Topic: Thanks!  (Read 4814 times)

Offline Stretchie

• View Profile
Thanks!
« on: August 14, 2020, 11:25:58 PM »
Just to say thanks for reintroducing me to Lemmings, a game that  I played so muchin 1991 om my Amiga. it was that it was making a happy man very old  Now I'm 72, and you're making an old man very happy! Thanks again. Stretchie

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 11:31:30 PM »
Welcome to the forums! :)

And thank you very much for the kind words! :thumbsup:

I wish you lots of fun playing!

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 11:37:20 PM »
welcome

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 08:20:19 AM »
Welcome! I assume that makes you the oldest member of the forums... but I'm not absolutely sure. ;)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 08:20:28 AM »
Welcome and enjoy the forums!
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2020, 03:07:50 PM »
Welcome! I assume that makes you the oldest member of the forums... but I'm not absolutely sure. ;)
That makes me wonder: who's the youngest? ;)

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2020, 05:39:20 PM »
Probably Tomato Watcher. AFAIK he's only a teenager right now and currently a junior (I think?) in high school.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2020, 07:28:13 PM »
That makes me wonder: who's the youngest? ;)

Probably Tomato Watcher. AFAIK he's only a teenager right now and currently a junior (I think?) in high school.

I believe Kaywhyn is right for "youngest right now", although some of our current users were younger when they first joined than Tomato Watcher is now (myself included).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mantha16

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2020, 07:58:32 PM »
all i know is im not the oldest whoop whoop

Offline Swerdis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2020, 08:18:08 PM »
Welcome to the forums, Stretchie :-)

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2020, 11:09:19 PM »
Hi Stretchie! Glad you found us! :)

You got it, Kaywhyn ;)

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2020, 01:38:30 AM »

You got it, Kaywhyn ;)

Well, it would appear that I'm wrong. According to the calendar, there are two registered members who are both younger than you by a few years. Let's just say that you're the youngest somewhat active member, as those other two are ones who haven't been on here for a very long time.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2020, 02:23:55 AM »
Let's just say that you're the youngest somewhat active member, as those other two are ones who haven't been on here for a very long time.

I'm a little surprised people younger than me are (or, at least, were) interested in Lemmings at all. Really, it's odd that I'm interested. :P I'll take the honor of "youngest active member" at least. ;P

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2020, 03:55:39 AM »
Like Namida said, some members, including himself, were younger than you when they registered for the forums. Believe it or not, a lot of us here who came way before you got acquainted with the game Lemmings at an age younger than your current age, especially those here who were around not way before the game came out. It makes sense, because remember, the game came out in 1991, and it seems a lot of members here were around in the 80s/90s. I was introduced to the game when I was around 6 or 7, and I'm one of several people here who's older than the game (I'm 1989). I think currently there are way more members here younger than those older than the game, although it might be really close.

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2020, 04:25:20 AM »
Well, by "younger than me," I meant younger than me currently. I'd imagine some of you getting introduced to the game at a young age, as well as joining the forums at a young age. I was mainly referring to those two you mentioned that are younger than me. So, born in the mid 2000s or later, I mean.