Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Reverse Lemmings [Difficulty: All over the place]  (Read 6343 times)

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
    • Colorful Arty's Youtube Page

Several years ago, I released my very first levelpack: Reverse Lemmings! I took the original Lemmings levelpack, swapped the entrances and exits, changed the skillsets (and occasionally the time limits and release rate), and made a new pack off of that! I was not allowed to change any terrain or objects other than swapping entrances with exits. Unfortunately, many of the levels kind of sucked and it never got ported to new formats.

Until now.

When porting to new formats, I changed pretty much every single level to have a different solution, so treat this as a completely different levelpack. Even those of you who played the original will find a new challenge with this one! One of the main changes is I'm allowing the new skills to be used, which I didn't do for the original pack.

Fair warning: this pack has virtually no difficultly curve. There will be levels in Fun and Tricky that are harder than some Mayhem levels simply due to the fact that some level really can't be that difficult without the ability to change terrain or objects. That said, I've tried my best to make the earlier ranks easier than the later ones, but my main goal was to make each level have a unique and fun solution. Also, some levels are EXTREMELY difficult. Expect a lot of frustration if you want to beat all levels and get all talismans.

The pack is attached to the post.

dig Just!

lives costs clicking Careless

Edge The On Livin'

Me Save
My Youtube channel where I let's play games with family-friendly commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRPZ5j87ft_clSRLFCESQA

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/colorfularty

My levelpack: SubLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4942.0
For Old formats NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2787.0
For SuperLemmini: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2704.0

My levelpack: ArtLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4583.0

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Reverse Lemmings [Difficulty: All over the place]
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 12:24:46 AM »
:party:

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 02:51:51 AM »
Completed nuF with all Talismans! :tal-bronze::tal-silver::tal-gold:

My gosh, you weren't kidding: these are much cheekier than the original Reverse Lemmings - had to bring a few advanced tricks out to get through these!

Still nice and playable though; managed to solve most of them on the first attempt. Looking forward to ykcirT... :thumbsup:

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 12:06:48 PM »
Thanks a lot for converting these, Arty! :thumbsup: I've been looking for an excuse to replay all the original Lemmings levels with my custom recordings of the original Lemmings tracks... without boring myself to death due to already knowing all of the solutions.

Now I have something that will look, sound, and feel like original Lemmings, but still give me some new nuts to crack! :D
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 02:24:23 AM »
Thanks a lot for converting these, Arty! :thumbsup: I've been looking for an excuse to replay all the original Lemmings levels with my custom recordings of the original Lemmings tracks... without boring myself to death due to already knowing all of the solutions.

Now I have something that will look, sound, and feel like original Lemmings, but still give me some new nuts to crack! :D

Reverse Lemmings is still one of my favourite NL packs: I love seeing the original game re-imagined (as is probably very obvious to most people in the community by now).

Fancy sharing the music?

Also check out these packs for new takes on the old levels if you enjoy that kind of thing! ;P

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 09:34:22 AM »
Fancy sharing the music?

I already did, those are the tracks for Lemming World Tour ;) (and will also be used for Lemmings Open Air).

In order for them to play on levels using the standard Lemmings tracks, you obviously have to rename my tracks and replace the originals with them. Just make sure to back up the original files.

For playing my own packs, this isn't necessary, because the levels already refer to the custom tracks, rather than to the original ones. ;)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels