Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemminas (64 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium] [1.06 UPDATE]  (Read 35646 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Re: [NL] Lemminas (64 Levels) [Easy - Medium] [UPDATED INFO FILE]
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2020, 01:29:50 AM »
Many apologies for this, but I haven't changed the scroller text since V1.01, meaning that all versions uploaded since then still display V1.01 :forehead: :forehead: :forehead:

To be absolutely sure you have the correct final version, simply download V1.03 from the OP, which now has the corrected info file.

If, however, you already have Lemminas and don't want to download everything again for the sake of 1 file, I've attached it here as well. There are 2 ways you'll know if you already have the latest version:

1) Firstly, check NeoLemmix/levels/Lemminas. In this directory, there should be 2 PNG files called sign_group_down and sign_group_up (alongside all of the other content).

2) Next, go to the player and load up the level Sensational 16 Escape From Crystal Mountain. There should only be 1 lemmina which spawns out of the left entrance hatch (a pre-assigned Swimmer).

If both of these apply to your copy of Lemminas, then you already have the latest version :thumbsup: simply download the file attached to this post, place it into NeoLemmix/levels/Lemminas and choose Replace.

Your scroller should then read "Lemminas V1.03" when you fire up the pack!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 12:32:43 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [NL] Lemminas (64 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium] [V1.04 UPDATE]
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2021, 10:30:47 PM »
Lemminas has now been updated to V1.04.

Barring some phenomenal celestial event which disrupts the entire space-time continuum (or, similarly, a NeoLemmix physics update), this will absolutely be the final version of Lemminas! :lemcat: ;P

1.04 features some swish new menu cards and a couple of level fixes for NL 12.11.

If you have Lemminas, it's definitely worth making this update. Head to the OP for the download if you haven't already.

Thank you for saving the Lemminas! :lemcat:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 04:26:12 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemminas (64 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium]
« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2022, 05:50:42 PM »
The willlem_lemminas style has been updated. It now includes an improved low-res Blocker sprite and more extensive recolouring data in scheme.nxmi (for use when creating your own custom-coloured lemminas!).

I have included the updated style in the OP download, and it is also available via the NeoLemmix style manager (make sure you have online features enabled in NeoLemmix) if you already have the pack and would prefer not to download the entire contents again.

Many thanks for playing Lemminas :lemcat:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 02:35:55 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemminas (64 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium] - V1.05 UPDATE
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2022, 03:32:15 PM »
Lemminas has now been updated to V1.05.

A recent NeoLemmix physics update has made one of the levels impossible in its previous version, as Shimmiers can no longer exit in midair.

If you have Lemminas, it's definitely worth making this update. You can download Lemminas V1.05 here, or alternatively place the attached level into NeoLemmix/levels/Lemminas/Sensational and choose "Replace," then update the "info" file in levels/Lemminas so that it reads V1.05.

The Lemminas Records Table has also been updated!

I finally got around to Mass Replay Checking all available replays for Lemminas from various players, and have now updated the records table accordingly. Note that, if you previously held a record, it may either have been matched, beaten or outdated following either pack updates or NeoLemmix physics updates.

Please download the latest version of Lemminas to keep your records up to date. Thanks! :lemcat:

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [POLL] [NeoLemmix] Lemminas (64 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium] [POLL]
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2022, 12:39:39 AM »
I've added a poll to get some feedback about a possible revision for this pack (such a revision would result in a number of levels being either updated or replaced).

You can choose 2 options in case you feel ambivalent about it, or you can choose just 1 if you feel more strongly about it. Please do vote, especially if you've completed Lemminas or are currently playing it. Thanks :lemcat:

Offline MilloCZ

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2023, 04:35:58 PM »
Hello, I seem to have a problem with "Just a second" level.

I'm using NeoLemmix 12.12.4 and Lemminas V1.05, yet in this level:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am kind of a newbie so maybe I'm missing something and there is nothing wrong with the level (in which case do not tell me how to solve the level as I want to figure it out myself).

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2023, 07:00:20 PM »
Hi MilloCZ, welcome and thanks for playing Lemminas.

I'd advise updating to the latest version of NeoLemmix and the latest version of Lemminas. There was a fix at some point in NeoLemmix which meant that the "reacher" state of the Shimmier skill could no longer exit (despite being in contact with the exit trigger), so the level had to be updated.

It's a change which I protested (and, which I have reversed in SuperLemmix); it makes earlier versions of this level impossible in NeoLemmix.

Update the pack, and let me know if you have any further problems.

Best, WillLem :lemcat:

Offline MilloCZ

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2023, 07:50:00 AM »
Hello Mr,

Thanks for a quick reply.

I updated NeoLemmix to 12.12.5. Seems I was already playing the newest Lemminas (1.05) but I re-downloaded it just in case.

The problem still persists, I include it in the attachment - shimmier does not have enough time to exit the level, she gets stuck.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2023, 09:01:15 AM »
Even WillLem's replay he included for that level failed in 12.12.5

The reason it failed is because jumpers and shimmiers cant exit without ground underneath anymore.

WillLem's replay does work in Superlemmix 1.1.2    Shimmiers and jumpers can exit on the way up in Superlemmix 1.1.2
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 09:32:50 AM by ericderkovits »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2023, 11:58:31 AM »
Hello Mr,

Thanks for a quick reply.

I updated NeoLemmix to 12.12.5. Seems I was already playing the newest Lemminas (1.05) but I re-downloaded it just in case.

The problem still persists, I include it in the attachment - shimmier does not have enough time to exit the level, she gets stuck.

Hi MilloCZ,

Welcome to the Forums! :thumbsup: I have confirmed the problem you're having and hence see that the level is currently impossible. This is because the level required a behavior which used to exist, where reachers and jumpers (the latter doesn't apply since the level doesn't even provide jumpers) were able to exit when hitting the trigger on their way up or on the last possible frame when coming back down while he still hasn't transitioned into a faller until it was decided to patch these behaviors out in NL v12.12.0. Thus, it's rendered impossible due to a NL physics change. WillLem did update the level to account for it but perhaps forgot to take into factor the speed of the shimmier and how it's impossible for it to exit until it has touched the ground again, which is apparently a frame too late, even if you assign at the very start of the level with it paused and no movement has occurred yet. Even then, his post a few up seems to imply that he checked the level is possible after making the change, which might had meant that he added another walker (see below) but for some reason the level didn't save correctly.

@WillLem

I seem to recall that after the change that Armani (edit: ah, no, it was DireKrow) reported on Discord that the level is "impossible" and that a fix to this would be to provide an extra walker. I checked with moving the terrain with the exit up a pixel and that apparently is high enough for the shimmier to hit his head underneath the pole. It would had worked otherwise but would run out of time right on the dot at the exact same time the rightmost Lemmina counts as having exited.

All in all, goes to show that it's absolutely imperative to check that the levels are 100% possible via proof in a form of a replay whenever making a change! ;)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 12:11:21 PM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemminas (64 Levels) [Difficulty: Medium] [1.06 UPDATE]
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2023, 09:40:00 PM »
OK, it seems that the latest version of Lemminas doesn't actually include the fixed level after all :forehead:

Here it is, I've updated the main download to include it as well.

When I eventually port Lemminas to SuperLemmix, I'll will be able to use the original version of this level, since I've re-introduced "Jumper/Reacher can exit" physics :lemcat:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 09:56:20 PM by WillLem »