Author Topic: NeoLemmix V12.7.4, Editor V1.18 Release  (Read 9087 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix V12.7.0, Editor V1.16 Release
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2019, 11:17:00 PM »
Good to hear that at least the underwater issue is better now. :)

Also the list of errors I got in your pack:

Some levels are not loading:

arty_underwater:invisible_updraft

1 15, 4 24

gigalem_treemd:o4

2 02, 2 08, 2 10, 4 08

gigalem_treemd:pickupleaf

2 13

should still be relevant and should reflect your problems (if you have not already noticed that).

What I could also suggest is joining our Lemmingsforums discord server where after the initial post here some things could be explained and solved quicker without having to make many posts in a forum topic.
I'll pm you the link. :)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2019, 12:07:28 AM »
In this case, I was faster. :P I already fixed all of those:

- gigalem_treemd:o4 doesn't exist, because it was the top of the exit in gigalem_treemdbright
- the invisible updraft is indeed functionally identical to the underwater updraft, so that was indeed one I could rename; the remaining errors with the tileset were arising from the background being falsely still classified as an object, therefore NeoLemmix was expecting an nxmo file
- the pickup leaf from the official gigalem_treemd tileset is the only pickup skill that needed replacement with the default sprites (i.e. exchanging of the collection from "gigalem_treemd" to "default", and changing of the name from "pickupleaf" to just "pickup)

I've already uploaded the fix of Lemmings World Tour for version 12.7.0, which should have all the errors you quoted above removed. ;)
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2019, 01:02:00 AM »
V12.7.1 update released.

Changelog:
- Cleanse Levels now copies (and updates, in the case of levels.nxmi) files other than just levels in a pack.
- Cleanse Levels now saves all feedback to a text file, and just shows a single message when completed to tell the user if there are any errors or not.
- Missing pieces in levels are replaced with placeholders instead of causing crashes / cleanse failures.
- Translation table for namida_wasteland now uses the restored antisplat pad.
- Fixed bug: "Go to previous rank" goes to different pack when on first rank of a pack. (Applied to both menu and preview screen.)
- Fixed bug: Incorrect data saved for levels without a background - doesn't affect in-game but may affect editor or other tools.
- Fixed bug: Piece auto-replacement doesn't work for terrain, unless it's a "replace the entire style" redirect.

To upgrade from V12.7.0 stable, extract the attached ZIP over your V12.7.0 installation. Please see the first post for full download if you're upgrading from V12.6.X or V12.7.0-RCx.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.7.1, Editor V1.17 Release
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2019, 03:05:59 AM »
Editor V1.17 update released.

Changelog:
- Changed the wording of the buttons that alter the order pieces are drawn in. (Their function remains unchanged, only the text on them is different.)
- Empty space around objects is trimmed (unless this would cause the object's size to drop below 8x8).
- The fallback placeholder object is no longer shown in the object selection list.
- Fixed bug: Non-tabbed display was broken.

Upgrade is just a matter of "download it and replace the existing EXE".
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2019, 04:30:17 AM »
Initial upload of V12.7.1 was missing bass.dll. I've reuploaded with it present. Alternatively, you can copy it from an older version of NeoLemmix (this file has literally never changed throughout NL's history, so any version is fine).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2019, 06:33:46 AM »
All official packs, and unofficial packs maintained by me (ie: MazuLems and GeoffLems) have been updated to V12.7.0 format.

I'm aware of the skill icon issues with the level lists for these packs on the NL website; I'm working on it. It's already fixed for the Lemmings Plus packs. (EDIT: Fixed for all packs now. Also, fresh images have been uploaded, that include the secondary animations where applicable.)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 06:51:37 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2019, 01:52:59 AM »
The update seems great so far, made a quick test level to see the new disarmer sprite in action - looking good! Thanks for including this :thumbsup:

A couple of (probably daft) questions: :P

1. All of the "orig" styles are no longer in the "styles" folder, it would seem... (I downloaded the one attached to the OP). Do I need to copy these across from 12.6.5, along with any others missing from 12.7.1? At the moment, all the levels are made up of grey and black chequered tiles and won't actually load.

2. There is no longer a "panel" folder in "styles>default". Has this been moved elsewhere?

Cheers,

-WillLem 8-)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2019, 02:56:02 AM »
1. All of the "orig" styles are no longer in the "styles" folder, it would seem... (I downloaded the one attached to the OP). Do I need to copy these across from 12.6.5, along with any others missing from 12.7.1? At the moment, all the levels are made up of grey and black chequered tiles and won't actually load.

They seem to be there to me (I specifically checked by downloading, not just checking an existing local copy) - maybe your download got corrupted, or something went wrong during unzipping?

Just in case - you did get both the NL 12.7.1 download and the styles download, right?

2. There is no longer a "panel" folder in "styles>default". Has this been moved elsewhere?

Yes - it's in the "gfx" folder now. I'm not sure why it was originally in styles/default; maybe at one point there was an intent to have per-style skill panels, but at any rate this didn't happen (panel graphics have a default, and beyond that it's up to the pack, not the style, to customized it if desired) so it didn't make sense for the files to be in that location.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2019, 11:25:54 AM »
Ah, okay, so it's no longer possible to go with that one skill panel that automatically adapted its colour to whatever the "theme" colour of the main tileset was? Like, for example, Builder staircases on the Dirt tileset are gold-yellow, so the skill panel would be as well; then, the next level is a Fire level (blue staircases), so the panel turned blue, and so on.

I've been enjoying this as a cosmetic feature quite a lot, but I guess it relies on the now deprecated "mask" files?

If this must be decided upon on a pack level now, even though I'd consider it a step back from what we had before, I'd probably go with a slick, clean black for the upcoming Lemmings Open Air. Although a case can be made for just sticking to the original one, since that pack in particular is all about "being as authentic (visually) to original Lemmings as possible, while providing puzzles of NeoLemmix quality".

For my existing / converted packs in New Formats (Lemmings World Tour and, soon, Pit Lems), I haven't made up my mind yet on which colour would work for a unified skill panel.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 09:20:52 PM by Strato Incendus »
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2019, 03:19:05 PM »

They seem to be there to me (I specifically checked by downloading, not just checking an existing local copy) - maybe your download got corrupted, or something went wrong during unzipping?

Just in case - you did get both the NL 12.7.1 download and the styles download, right?

Thanks Namida; fixed it - I re-downloaded the "Styles" pack and they're all there this time. Not sure what went wrong the first time. :shrug:

Yes - it's in the "gfx" folder now. I'm not sure why it was originally in styles/default; maybe at one point there was an intent to have per-style skill panels, but at any rate this didn't happen (panel graphics have a default, and beyond that it's up to the pack, not the style, to customized it if desired) so it didn't make sense for the files to be in that location.

Thanks again! Found it :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.7.2, Editor V1.17 Release
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2019, 06:41:00 AM »
V12.7.2 released. Changelog:

- Draw priority order for lemmings (front to back): Selected lemming, then highlit lemming, then regulars, then neutrals, then zombies. Within each category, athletes are drawn in front of others.
- Slow motion functionality added. Is not assigned a hotkey by default.
- Fixed bug: Directional select / force walker are applied even to replay assignments.
- Fixed bug: Terrain pieces in terrain groupings may be replaced with fallback when they shouldn't be.

Full download link in first post. Attachment can be used to update from V12.7.0 stable (not RC) or V12.7.1.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.7.3, Editor V1.17 Release
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2019, 11:02:51 PM »
V12.7.3 update released.

This fixes a single (but potentially very nasty) bug that's present in all earlier V12.7.X builds (V12.6.X and earlier shouldn't have it, I think) - if you change the RR while paused, then advance frame by clicking or assigning a skill, the RR change is applied but isn't saved to the replay, causing a gameplay / replay desync.

Attached ZIP can be used to update from any previous stable V12.7.X release.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.7.3, Editor V1.18 Release
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2019, 02:11:57 AM »
Editor V1.18 update released. This disables the cropping feature for objects in certain cases (as well as allows object data to manually specify, if desired, whether or not to crop), and fixes a bug with the labelling of the draw first / last buttons. Download link on first page.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix V12.7.4, Editor V1.18 Release
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2020, 06:01:53 PM »
V12.7.4 update released.

Fixes a bug with the save requirement on levels with Cloner pickup skills (especially if they provide multiple Cloners). See here for more info: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4595.0

Attached ZIP can be used to update from any previous stable V12.7.X release.
My Lemmings projects