Author Topic: [Bug][Player] (pick-up stack) Cloner ammount changes global save requirement  (Read 1327 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
While fixing United levels a bug caught my eye.

I had a level with 8 cloners and a save requirement of 74 out of 70 lemmings.

A backroute forces me to place these 8 cloners as pick-up skills. So I placed two 4 pick up stacks and set the cloner ammount to 0.

While testing if the replay still works I noticed NL saying that the save requirement is now 72 out of 70. But the editor and the level's text file still stated 74.

So I changed the cloner ammount:

0 cloner   --> 72 out of 70
1 cloner   --> 71 out of 70
2 cloners --> 72 out of 70
3 cloners --> 73 out of 70
>= 4 cloners --> 74 out of 70 (as it should be)

Now I split the 2x4 pick ups into single ones to see if that causes problems: We've got a hit! :8():

With 8 single ones the save requirement is 74 again.

So there is something between stacked cloner pick-ups and changing the overall cloner ammount that meddles with the save requirment.

I attached the level with the 2x4 pick up variant as an example.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
NL prevents a save requirement higher than:
a) The amount of lemmings allowed to use exits (only if all exits are quantity-limited)
b) The number of lemmings on the level, Cloners and Neutrals included

It would appear something's going wrong with calculating B in respect of multi-pickup Cloner skills.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Fixed in main branch in commit 7eec7c4, and back-ported to V12.7.X branch in commit 1c547e3. Will include this in a V12.7.4 update once I fix one other bug too.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)