Author Topic: Random level sharing topic!  (Read 91497 times)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
Re: Random level sharing topic!
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2018, 02:16:25 AM »
There we go! That's close enough. Well done.

CHALLENGE: Complete it using just 4 Blockers. (Gold or silver talisman... not sure yet!)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 02:24:40 AM by Crane »

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2018, 02:32:40 AM »
Hopefully I'm not annoying everyone with my random levels, but it proves very useful as far as feedback is concerned.  Here is another level, that introduces the trick from Incompressible in a way, but might be too hard as a means of actually telling players about the trick.  Still, let's see!

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2018, 04:06:13 AM »
If you want to show off your Ghost Levels, I'll link the topic in the first post of the topic!

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2018, 06:27:25 PM »
I just Finnished* a Christmas level... without actually using the Christmas tileset ;) . Only Santa Lemmings, of course, which sadly kept me from using the Shadow background. Though there are a lot of nice alternatives, they might be a little too dark to see well.

The idea for this level was, believe it or not, inspired by my current double sheets :D . Looked at it consciously a couple of times before going to sleep and thought: "Hey, that looks quite like a Shadow level, mixed with Polar... these two L2 tilesets might actually go together well!"

With a little support from Raymanni's Snow tileset, of course ;) . ONML Snow just doesn't fit the colours (that's also the actual reason why the Christmas tileset isn't here).

Valkea joulu

If you're wondering what that level title refers to, look in the Music thread :P .

*not a typo! ;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 08:00:12 PM by Strato Incendus »
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2018, 07:40:30 PM »
Here is my solution. Seems close to intended for me. :)

This level can be quite a hard nut as there are plenty of almost functional ways. I like it though! ;)

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2018, 10:41:07 PM »
Wow, that was fast, thanks, IchoTolot! ;) That's a pretty neat alternative solution. It skips some of the main tricks of the intended solution attached in my preceding post, but it still uses all the skills and requires some moves which are not too obvious.

"Pretty" landscape levels tend to be a little more open-ended anyway; I'm just glad whenever I manage to make a level look decent and still somewhat challenging gameplay-wise.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
    • Colorful Arty's Youtube Page
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2018, 12:40:28 AM »
Doggone it Strato! Stop making my future level look like crap! (Totally kidding, I'm just super envious of how nice that level looks.)
My Youtube channel where I let's play games with family-friendly commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRPZ5j87ft_clSRLFCESQA

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/colorfularty

My levelpack: SubLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4942.0
For Old formats NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2787.0
For SuperLemmini: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2704.0

My levelpack: ArtLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4583.0

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2018, 04:26:07 AM »
That's an incredibly pretty level - nice one.

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2018, 08:54:58 AM »
I'm not usually keen on backgrounds in lemmings levels, but here it only adds to the atmosphere. Really pretty! :lix-blush:

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2018, 04:24:39 PM »
Thanks a lot, guys! :) As I said, I actually didn't mean to use a different background than the standard dark blue from L2 shadow. But that one doesn't seem to be part of the background object list; it counts as "no background", with this shade of blue merely being the standard colour scheme for L2 shadow.

But since I had to pick one, once I decided for this one, I just ran with it - notice the three trees in the background standing on the snowy hill - true physics mode reveals they're actually floating in the air! :D

@Colorful Arty: Thanks - now I finally know how to spell that word that you keep using in your LPs! :D To me, it always sounded like "dog on it"...

And btw, the main reason I can make these levels look pretty is because the tiles in and of themselves already look decent. ;) My entirely custom graphic sets look a lot more "rough" in comparison!

@Raymanni: Atmosphere was precisely what I was going for. ;) Less flashy red and green lights, like on the actual Christmas tileset, and more "Silent Night"...

Might be an inspiration to people who create whole packs for the Holiday season, perhaps? We have quite a few graphic sets containing snow by now, so not all levels need to feature the same standard Christmas tileset in order to go with the theme...
My packs so far:

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2018, 09:55:02 PM »
Another one - at daytime, this time around! :)

In the bleak midwinter

I wanted to go with another Finnish title at first, but I didn't want to overdo the Raskasta Jolua references - otherwise, both of these levels would end up in the same rank, the Heavy rank. ^^

That's right, folks, these levels - being song titles as usual - are eventually going to be part of the successor to Lemmings World Tour! :D

But I'm sharing these specific ones here now, because... 'tis the season, right? ;)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 10:03:37 PM by Strato Incendus »
My packs so far:

Offline Strato Incendus

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2019, 08:40:43 PM »
Me likes the new Shimmier! :thumbsup:

You keep me hangin' on
My packs so far:

Offline SQron188

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2019, 07:37:36 PM »
Here is my level called Blue Thermite that was kinda an exclusive for Flopsy's custom level stream some time ago (~April 2018, I think?).
I'm posting it here for the sake of LOTY 2018 as well as - of course - for your delectation! ;)

(Music download)

Offline SQron188

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2019, 07:52:40 PM »
Also for the sake of LOTY 2018 (but for better publicity and gameplay-enjoyment-related things, too) I shall link The Wall tileset topic.
There were 2 levels included there. (~October 2018)

Here they are.

and they look like this:

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2019, 04:06:50 AM »
Designed a new level based on the Mega Drive level "A group of entrances", although built from the ground up.

If you're wondering what's different about it... well... it's named "SUNSOFT Swindle".  I think I've patched the most obvious backroutes, so now I present the level to the community to tear apart!