Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] DoveLems [Difficulty: Easy-Medium]  (Read 41289 times)

Offline Shmoley

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] DoveLems [Difficulty: Easy-Medium]
« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2020, 03:40:25 AM »
I’m just steamrolling right now! 8-) Made it to Maso 16 which doesn’t seem easy but lately every time I say that I seem to get it a few minutes after. So don’t be surprised if you see me edit this post and say I got it.
Edit: What did I say :lemcat:...... I beat it..
Edit 2: ANNNNDDD I’m up to Maso 20... I think I’m learning the way of the lemming! :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 04:50:20 AM by Shmolem »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2020, 08:11:52 PM »
V 3.4 is out!

Backroute fixes thanks to a bunch of SYCLW replays:

- 1 20 (blocker+bomber count is now 1)
- 1 25 (extended the water downwards)

- 2 21 (added a OWW)
- 2 25 (added a OWW)
- 2 30 (moved+combined 2 pick-up skills)

Offline Shmoley

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 27, 2020, 12:39:34 AM »
Well... I’m just on a frenzy! I made it to Maso 28 last night and I’m gonna go try it again. I’m sure I can beat Dovelems by the end of the weekend.
Edit: I just beat the rest of Maso in like 2 seconds. The last levels were honestly WAY too easy. Just looked st the first Bonus level and it looks much harder than the last levels of Maso
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 12:54:40 AM by Shmolem »

Offline Shmoley

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2020, 10:13:42 PM »
I'm proud to announce that I've completed Dovelems in its entirety. The hardest level was definitely Bonus 1 Plahtorah's Temple it took me so long to figure out! Anyway, here are my replays.

I think now I'll either finish up Lemmings Plus 1 which Psycho 5 has been giving me problems for the longest time. Or I'll just find another pack to play. Maybe I should go for something a bit harder now? Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 10:20:39 PM by Shmolem »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2020, 12:53:18 AM »
Congrats on completing Dovelems, Shmolem! :thumbsup: It was a long journey, but you finally did it! So that makes two packs you have finished, huh? Well done. I'm currently LPing the first pack you completed, Sublems.

As for other packs you can try your hand at, I can recommend Pimolems, Mobilems, and Lemmings Reunion. Note that I have only completed Pimolems on Lemmini, but the NL version has the exact same levels as the Lemmini version, with 3 extra levels that were added to the Special rank in the NL version so that there's 5 levels total instead of just 2 like in the Lemmini version. Also I still enjoyed the pack and can definitely recommend it. Starts off quite easy, but it does start getting difficult around the halfway point of the 2nd rank. The difficulty really picks up at the beginning of the 3rd rank and stays high up through the end of the Hurricane rank. Then you have the special ranks of Pickaxe and One, which both start easy and get difficult as you progress further in each one. The last pack recommended is the hardest out of the others I have recommended, with Pimolems the next one in difficulty, and Mobilems is the easiest of the recommended packs. Reunion has a nice difficulty curve but it gets difficult quite fast, much faster than the original game, but I'm sure it still won't be a problem for someone like you. It's also quite big, at 150 levels, tied with LPI. Perhaps since you're close to finishing that, you can try and complete that first or alongside whatever pack you decide to take on?

Or, if you're looking for much smaller packs to take on, I can recommend Lemminas which I just finished early this morning. The levels are quite easy for the most part, although it does have a decent number of shimmier levels. There were a few difficult levels, and one that I ended up struggling with a lot more than I thought, as seen by how I needed 3 videos in my LP to beat.     
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 12:58:27 AM by kaywhyn »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 08, 2020, 01:51:51 AM »
Yes, probably Pimolems is a good choice, since alot of people after playing Dovelems go do Pimolems after, like uberwolfie and Swerdis did. Also I would like as many backroutes to also be fixed by Icho, since I want to try to do possible backroute fixes in my Pimolems Superlemmini pack. Also Reunion is more difficult than Pimolems. It's a coincidence that the Author of Pimolems is currently
playing Reunion.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2020, 02:21:43 PM »
V 3.5 is out!

Backroute fixes thanks to a bunch of SYCLW replays:

- 1 20 (-1 builder, -1 blocker)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 25, 2021, 05:46:54 AM »
Dodo's LP of this pack has really cool music, I was just wondering why it's not included with the pack. Could it possibly be music that he used just for the LP...?

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2021, 06:07:36 AM »
Notice that they're test levels in Lemmini. Therefore, unless you specify a track for them in the individual .ini file, a random music track will play for them :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2021, 06:15:07 AM »
hey WillLem yes these are not ones included in the Lemmini pack download, but in his youtube Lp of the pack(Lemmini) it shows the name of the music he uses for the levels. So I can probably get the music for these from Zophars music website like I did with Franlems, and Dodo's Cachapack and Dodopack. But it will take a while, but I do have some of these ones already in my dropbox. But I'm sure there will be others. I will work on this slowly. Then I will put it into my SL version.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2021, 07:43:41 AM »
I can probably get the music for these from Zophars music website like I did with Franlems, and Dodo's Cachapack and Dodopack. But it will take a while

No need to do this if it will take too long! I was only asking just in case the pack was meant to feature this music and it had somehow got misplaced... Btw, do you know the shortcuts to placing music in an SL pack? i.e. simply list the tracks at the top of the levelpack.ini and then put the ID at the end of each level in the list. Much quicker than editing the music level-by-level.

Incidentally, I've completed the first 10 levels of Devilish (in NeoLemmix) today WITHOUT HINTS!!! :lemcat: Replays attached.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2021, 01:35:45 PM »
Your solution are either acceptable or intended, with 1 exception though: Your replay for Devilish 10 ends in a failure. It just sends a climber of the ceiling of the level and let's the crowd drown.

For the music: Be careful with putting in the music of the YouTube LP. It is most likely that he used a different track for every single level --> Your SL conversion will get VERY bloated in terns of filesize + filecount and you then have 145 music tracks just for this pack! It is likely a reason why the original Lemmini version did not do this (and also Lemmini not supporting MP3).

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2021, 02:21:40 PM »
Your solution are either acceptable or intended, with 1 exception though: Your replay for Devilish 10 ends in a failure. It just sends a climber of the ceiling of the level and let's the crowd drown.

Ah - this is because I had an older version of DoveLems. I've now updated to 3.5, and there is now a Blocker pickup which makes my original solution impossible; I'm guessing it was a backroute.

Anyways, I resolved it (again, without hints!!) and I'm pretty sure this is intended this time since it makes use of areas of the level my previous solution basically bypassed. Nifty little level; took me a while to get this one! 8-)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2021, 05:49:35 PM »
That's intended now! :thumbsup:

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 25, 2021, 07:14:32 PM »
For the music: Be careful with putting in the music of the YouTube LP. It is most likely that he used a different track for every single level --> Your SL conversion will get VERY bloated in terns of filesize + filecount and you then have 145 music tracks just for this pack! It is likely a reason why the original Lemmini version did not do this (and also Lemmini not supporting MP3).

125. You're thinking of Pimolems :P