Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] DoveLems [Difficulty: Easy-Medium]  (Read 41287 times)

Paiy and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] DoveLems [Difficulty: Easy-Medium]
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2020, 01:15:52 PM »
V 2.5 is out!

Backroute fixes:

- 5 01 (added some steel)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2020, 09:34:28 AM »
I've made my way through the Plain levels, attached some replays. A few of these may be backroutes (think of that - finding a backroute to an IchoTolot level!) but then, it is the first rank so I'm guessing multiple routes are allowed.

Really enjoyed these levels, not too difficult but the occasional challenge here and there. Some nice design work too.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2020, 03:01:27 PM »
Thanks for the replays. :)

None of these are backroutes, as those levels are very open for the most part.

think of that - finding a backroute to an IchoTolot level!

To be clear: These are no IchoTolot levels! They are just maintained by me and they were originally created by Pieuw.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2020, 10:23:41 AM »
think of that - finding a backroute to an IchoTolot level!
To be clear: These are no IchoTolot levels! They are just maintained by me and they were originally created by Pieuw.

Created by Dodochacalo, not Pieuw. :)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2020, 09:44:07 PM »
Created by Dodochacalo, not Pieuw. :)

Of course! I am dumb; my brain was in the wrong pack at the time ;P

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2020, 01:42:30 AM »
2-15 Strato and Cumulus: Time limit is 1:30. A solution that feels intended (attached) solves in just under a minute. A plausible solution that doesn't work fails by a fraction of a second. I suggest either shortening the time to make it clearer that this approach cannot work, or allowing it to work (maybe the latter since at the moment the level feels too hard for its place?).

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2020, 07:11:51 PM »
V 2.6 is out!

Backroute fixes:

- 2 15 (added a steel block)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2020, 01:54:48 AM »
just finished replaying dovelems(turning levels green with replays). I noticedl level 30 of maso used 1 glider(new skill).
I know since Dovelems was first in Lemmini what the differences are between that level in Lemmini and neolemmix since I know
Lemmini didn't have a glider skill. I think that was the only level in neolemmix conversion using a new skill unless I missed others.
also some levels had pickup skills which Lemmini didn't have either.
onto Pimolemms

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2020, 02:13:30 AM »
Perfect. Now that you've moved your post to the right place, I'm more than happy to address your point of why there's a glider on Maso 30.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For the Lemmini miner trick demonstration, here's the Youtube replay video by the author of the pack itself, Dodo. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf6pO7PY8KQ&list=PL081C2F4D14A12593&index=121&t=0s. Skip to :20 in the video.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2020, 02:21:18 AM »
[I was just about to post about the miner glitch, but kaywhyn got in ahead of me.]

Since I'm posting here, I may as well continue the above conversation about Coward 15. I was going to reply again after solving the level so that I could argue from a position of strength, but that hasn't happened yet. The current version of the level is a ridiculous out-of-place difficulty spike, harder even than anything in rank 3, and I absolutely don't believe Dodochacalo would have wanted that. Yes, I know you are trying to enforce the solution from his video, but I don't think he was strict about that being the only solution -- nearly all levels in the first two ranks have a variety of solutions, as is appropriate for the easier ranks.

Furthermore, the level is unforgiving because of an extremely tight timer, a type of level you yourself have said you don't like.

Please be reasonable about this level. Having such a nasty difficulty spike so early really hurts the pack, which is a huge shame when it's otherwise such an excellent pack to recommend to new players.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2020, 02:26:50 AM »
thx kaywhyn I see that in the Youtube video. does that work in Superlemmini or is there no dovelemms for Superlemmini. I don't see any listed here in the forum. and your right the miner trick doesnt work in neolemmix. I just tried it. also in the replay I see the glider used right before that spot.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 02:31:58 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2020, 02:28:26 AM »
Dovelems is not available for Superlemmini. Are you looking for the pack itself for Lemmini? I got it from Dodo's Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2020, 02:39:24 AM »
I tried to get it from the his youtube channel. but I cant locate the file. I know it's for Lemmini but I could maybe convert it to Superlemmini as I'm very good at Superlemmini's structure.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2020, 02:46:48 AM »
Click on Dodo's Youtube username, then click "about." Link is in the description. It's a download from Dropbox. However, you can simply change the 0 at the end to a 1 and it will automatically download the pack. Very useful for those who don't have a Dropbox account.

@Proxima I just solved Coward 15. My solution has 10 seconds left on the timer. Yes, I absolutely agree with you that it's a huge difficulty spike for the halfway point of just the second rank! Surely that shouldn't be the case for a beginner-friendly pack.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 03:01:27 AM by kaywhyn »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2020, 02:06:14 PM »
V 2.7 is out!

Fixes:

- 2 15 (added a water pit)

I won't touch the ranking system as I just maintain a conversion. I also want to enforce the intended solution.

But I see the problem and there is indeed something I can do while still keep the intended solution and the ranking structure: Reduce entropy.

The ammount of possibilities is what makes the level tricky. The now added water pit should lock down 2 key skills in place which would result in a significant drop in difficulty.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 04:12:06 PM by IchoTolot »