Author Topic: Millas - (Project Freedom Planet X Lemmings) - 221 Levels So Far, Help Wanted!  (Read 53385 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
All levels have been converted, my next goal is to finish the reworked newborn rank!

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
Re: Millas - (Project Freedom Planet X Lemmings) - Will enter Delta phase soon!
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2018, 10:41:17 PM »
Hate to triple post but I have some great news
The New format demo is almost about ready, The revamped newborn rank is almost finished, Lemmings sprite have been changed and there's not much left to do in terms of developing the first delta demo.
I do have to ask, can it possible for certain sets to have custom sounds that are for things like splatting lemmings, and getting pickup skills?
and if not? can that be added in an update to Neolemmix?

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
Re: Millas - (Project Freedom Planet X Lemmings) - Will enter Delta phase soon!
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2018, 05:24:48 AM »
Made a Trailer, Demo is almost about ready
View here

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
Re: Millas - (Project Freedom Planet X Lemmings) - Delta phase has begun!
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2018, 07:50:39 AM »
I Apologize if the way I set up the link is a bit convoluted but at last the new demo is here. The Delta phase is now on the road.
Check the first post for details. :thumbsup:

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2018, 01:07:14 PM »
I see the readme file mentions backing up several old files (like oh-no, yippee etc., as well as the skill panels). Is it no longer possible in New Formats to have these set separately for each pack? I.e. am I forced to use the same skill panel on no matter what pack I play, unless I manually replace it?
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2018, 04:13:13 PM »
I see the readme file mentions backing up several old files (like oh-no, yippee etc., as well as the skill panels). Is it no longer possible in New Formats to have these set separately for each pack? I.e. am I forced to use the same skill panel on no matter what pack I play, unless I manually replace it?

No.

Giga just used very special modifiesrs that are non standard. In the old formats these aren't customisable at all to my knowledge.

Sound files - like "Let's Go!" that are universal. With his set of Milla specific sounds you can choose to use this soundpack for example replacing basic sounds.

Skill icons - he replaced the global basic "swimmer", "basher" skill icons with ones resembling Millas. Again in the old formats these aren't customisable at all.

The custom skill panel he used is only pack specific and included in the first download. But this pack goes further and even has custom basic sounds and skill icons you can choose to use.

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2018, 06:26:12 PM »
Ah, okay, thanks! :) I thought sounds like "let's go!" etc. could be changed per-pack, just like the success and failure sound, I had just never felt the urge to try it.
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2018, 07:06:15 PM »
Anyone whose downloaded Disc 3 may want to download it again since I forgot a set.
I'll be sending these nepster's way now

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
Re: Millas - (Project Freedom Planet X Lemmings) - Happy Milla Day!
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2018, 10:41:47 PM »
Figured I'd show off a short holiday project.
I'll be making a mini pack containing at least 20 levels using 2 tilesets
Plom will be helping me with tileset design and level design
So for now I'm gonna show a preview of what I have

Everything here is WIP and may change in the final. The BG is placeholder
This is the Festive Shang tu set for the holiday pack
the second set has yet to be developed but we do have an idea for it. It'll be Filipino based (to go with the themeing of the Upcoming Freedom Planet 2) The Filipino set will more plant based than city based and will try to be more beautiful. Anyway I hope you enjoy your Milla day and I will post more progress in the future.
Until then Awoo! ;)

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
Really wish I wasn't the only one replying, I hate having to reply to myself to show progress :(

Anyways, My friend and I has made more progress on the Shang Tu Set and here's another WIP to show ya

What's new is an entrance, Exit, and two switches. They're the lanterns in the picture above.
A hanging one and a grounded one.
The hanging one has a larger trigger for easier placement meaning triggering it won't be so awkward.

What'll be left is water, teleporter, maybe a trap and of course backgrounds.

Now for the Filipno themed set. It's now conceptualized and will be worked on in the near future.
Sketched for the pieces have been made and do have an idea for the look and colors of the set.

The name well this is more of a suprise on how I came up with it.
I asked Dawn M. Bennet herself about "what fictional filipino based kingdom would she make" I discussed it and brainstormed with her about the name so if you want a hint of the color for the set here is the name.

The Filipino Kingdom theme set will be called "Halayangube" (Pronounced Ha-Lie-yan-gu-bay)
The hint with the Color is with the last two syllables. Anyways Cheers and as always, Awoo!

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2018, 11:01:57 AM »
Really wish I wasn't the only one replying, I hate having to reply to myself to show progress :(

Well that's the thing with short progress updates: People see the update and the progress made on the project and go on. For the majority of 2017+2018 my United dev topic consisted only of my little progress updates I made.

The main function of these updates in my opinion are to inform the user about the progress, the next steps and what still needs to be done, so I usually don't reply and just acknowledge it silently for myself.

They also let the user know that the project is still active and not abandoned, so even if there is no immidiate feedback it keeps the project alive in the heads of the users.

Seeing all the download links again I have some feedback ;):

- Why are the "VGAspec pieces required for the redone newborn rank" not in Disk 3 with all the required graphic sets? ??? It seems weird to couple them with optional stuff. Users needs the graphics and VGA stuff, but maybe don't want to download the optional stuff. For that they currently need 2 different downloads, with 1 maybe containing extra stuff they don't want.

- Also I would merge Disk 4 and Disk 5 as they both cover optinal stuff. Bringing the Disk count down I would consider a big improvement as 5 different download links seem very overwhelming even with explanations. So it's best to merge these 2 optional Disks and ease the installation.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2018, 10:06:10 PM »
I'll try merging the downloads from 5 to 3 in a bit, I will have to change a few things first. :)
Edit:Updated

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2018, 08:46:49 AM »
For my 1200th post im pleased to tell you that the Shang tu set is almost finished.
The trap and teleporters are finished however this image doesn't show em. I'll probably show em in a bit. maybe edit this post later.

I can show the new BG (one of them) and the first level I have developed for the pack
"Careful Christmas Crackers" a level about bombing carefully

This set is practically 99% done and level development may be more underway

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2018, 08:06:17 AM »
I have made another level that can show what the other objects look like

"Familiar Territory" is what the level is called and will be in the first rank of the level pack
The two mooks you see near the end are trap, they will take their hammers and smack the Milla out of the world.
the gift boxes are the teleporters, labelled correctly.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2018, 04:13:35 AM »
The Festive shang tu set is practically complete, The city backgrounds are finished now to not only get to level development but to also to get to the second set.
I'll show of two levels, one Plom made

"Night in the garden" its a big level but it'll be a lesson about sending the last lemming to do the job.

As for one I've made, its a late second rank level

"Be a palace and help out" Its low release rate shows that you can do more with less.